Yellow Peril

Yellow Peril

My notes are at home and I am at work.

Bowditch was definitely booked, for kicking the ball away.

I don't recall Elder being booked :scratch:

Agree Bowditch was booked for kicking the ball away.

Pretty sure Elder was booked earlier in the second half. Which might have contributed to Scott's decision to take him off before a silly foul gave the ref an excuse to even things up. :shrug:
 

Yellow Peril

Pretty sure Elder was booked in the second half. Which might have contributed to Scott's decision to take him off before a silly foul gave the ref an excuse to even things up. :shrug:

You're almost certainly right, I just can't remember it.
 

Yellow Peril

Agree Bowditch was booked for kicking the ball away.

Pretty sure Elder was booked earlier in the second half. Which might have contributed to Scott's decision to take him off before a silly foul gave the ref an excuse to even things up. :shrug:

I was updating the dear old GPG on Saturday and Elder definitely wasn't booked. I remember WEB describing a piece of crap play and then he was taken off but not a booking.
 

Yellow Peril

My recollection is that Bennett was booked - as everyone knows - and that Elder got his customary booking pluse Bowditch was booked for knocking the ball away following a free kick against him. My impression was that it was not intentional; he swiped the ball and it shot sideways but, at that stage in the game, the ref would assume anything was a delay.
 

Yellow Peril

Looks like I might be wrong. :( If this and this is anything to go by.

Will have a look at my notes tonight.
 

Yellow Peril

I was updating the dear old GPG on Saturday and Elder definitely wasn't booked. I remember WEB describing a piece of crap play and then he was taken off but not a booking.

He was definately booked by the ref in the 2nd half. Nathan lost the ball and ran back trying to retrieve the ball, only for the ref to blow up for a soft foul and to book Nathan for either the tackle itself or something he said after it was given. :(
 

Yellow Peril

You're almost certainly right, I just can't remember it.

Elder was booked for nothing, he was running back with their little midfielder who was breaking and their titch went down. The referee motioned that NE had pulled him back, absoloute bollox. Someone shouted that the only thing Elder pulled was the ref's wife and that about summed it up.
 

Yellow Peril

I bow to those that were there. Wasn't reported on any website I was following or Beesworld though.
 

Yellow Peril

Wasn't reported on any website I was following.

Multiple sites will often take their stats from one reporter at the game (maybe PA?; WEB might know) and if that person missed the booking then so will those sites.
 

Yellow Peril

My notes are at home and I am at work.

Bowditch was definitely booked, for kicking the ball away.

I don't recall Elder being booked :scratch:

:imwith:

Bowditch's booking was really cheap & pointless..... i can't remember if Elder was booked or not, which is annoying
 

Yellow Peril

:imwith:

Bowditch's booking was really cheap & pointless..... i can't remember if Elder was booked or not, which is annoying

That's why you thought we were majestic, you either weren't watching the game or "you don't know what you're doing!";);):wave:
 

Yellow Peril

:imwith:

Bowditch's booking was really cheap & pointless..... i can't remember if Elder was booked or not, which is annoying

Elder was definately booked, but maybe the ref forgot......:sorted:
 

Yellow Peril

Multiple sites will often take their stats from one reporter at the game (maybe PA?; WEB might know) and if that person missed the booking then so will those sites.

:yes:

That's exactly how it works.

I remember in the car on the way back it was thought we had lots of bookings and a quick check of my notes said three - Bennett, Phillips and Bowditch - but I haven't checked them since to clarify.

Perhaps what seemed like a card from behind the goal wasn't - or what didn't look like one from the side was.
 

Yellow Peril

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

100% bonafide yellow card in the air and loads of Bees on their feet screaming at the ref, Elder was booked and not with an imaginary card.:sorted:

Perhaps what seemed like a card from behind the goal wasn't - or what didn't look like one from the side was.

I didn't say it was imaginary.

I can't recall seeing a card, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
 

Yellow Peril

I didn't say it was imaginary.

I can't recall seeing a card, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I read what you put and know what you meant but trust me, there were shouts of "He's only going to book him" to "Feck off ref" and that was just from me.;) He's shook his head and gestured that NE had pulled him back as he proudly held the card aloft.:sad:
 

Yellow Peril

GPG shocker !

WEB incorrect :eek:

poor form Chris :nono: ;)
 

Yellow Peril

The BBC text commentary had this

40:57
Nathan Elder challenges Paul Edwards unfairly and gives away a free kick. Lee Collins takes the free kick.


And I remember the incident, chasing back on our right to about halfway.

Still don't remember a card and it was right in front of us :shrug:
 

Yellow Peril

He is the black winger. What midget were you think of Matt? The no 8?
 

Yellow Peril

He is the black winger. What midget were you think of Matt? The no 8?

I meant in comparison, he went down like a bloke that couldn't match the physical power of the guy running with him.
It was the small guy winning some sympathy from the ref.
 

Yellow Peril

If it's not been reported then all I can say is nice one.:sorted:

It won't surprise you that things like this bug me - I hate not being able to remember what happened.

Not a single reporter or stats compiler at the game has Elder being booked from what I have been able to find, either from London or Stoke.

I guess without watching a video we will now never really know ;)
 

Yellow Peril

It won't surprise you that things like this bug me - I hate not being able to remember what happened.

Have you tried writing things down as they happen.

I keep a note pad and pencil, by my bed, in case I wake up and think of something :sorted:
 

Yellow Peril

Yes.

The ref either had a yellow hand, or waved a yellow card, at Elder...I recall this vividly, as I was there (and AT FIRST THOUGHT IT WAS BEAN who had collected the card, until I saw it was Elder, whom I applauded for making the effort to chase back and challenge the Vale player.......)

breath out


:moo:
 

Yellow Peril

According to my notes, Elder's yellow was awarded in the 41st minute, for a foul on Edwards. :shrug:
 

Yellow Peril

1 Yellow
Kev
Bean (+ 1 Red in CC)
Phillips
Johnson (in CC)
Halls
Bowditch

2 Yellows
Williams (1 in JPT)
Hamer (1 in JPT)

3 Yellows
Newton (1 in FA Cup)
Poole (1 in JPT)
Bennett (1 in CC)

4 Yellows
Osborne (2 for Eastborne, 1 for Oxford, 1 for Brentford)

6 Yellows
Elder (suspension served for 1st 5)
 

Yellow Peril

1 Yellow
Kev
Bean (+ 1 Red in CC)
Phillips
Johnson (in CC)
Halls
Bowditch

2 Yellows
Williams (1 in JPT)
Hamer (1 in JPT)

3 Yellows
Newton (1 in FA Cup)
Poole (1 in JPT)
Bennett (1 in CC)

4 Yellows
Osborne (2 for Eastborne, 1 for Oxford, 1 for Brentford)

6 Yellows
Elder (suspension served for 1st 5)

Osborne has five - perhaps he was booked in a Setanta shield match or something silly as the stats only record, as you suggest, four.

I'm fairly sure there has only been one for us, which makes the suspension a bit annoying.
 

Yellow Peril

Elder is still down on the official site as having 5 bookings.
 

Yellow Peril

Another one you missed eh ? :banghead:
 

Yellow Peril

Osborne has five - perhaps he was booked in a Setanta shield match or something silly as the stats only record, as you suggest, four.

I'm fairly sure there has only been one for us, which makes the suspension a bit annoying.

Another one you missed eh ? :banghead:

lol
According to this Osborne was booked in a Setanta Shield match.

Makes a five yellow card suspension incredibly frustrating IMHO.
 

Yellow Peril

on the list of FA suspensions, KO isn't listed as suspended or awaiting suspension.
 

Yellow Peril

I think I'm right in assuming that following KO's yellow on Sat. (his fifth apparently) then the suspension kicks in seven days from that game ie this coming Sat. therefore he will be available for the Barrow game but unavailable
for the Acc. Stanley game.
 

Yellow Peril

Damn, Eastbourne has a 'U' !! it's only Osborne that doesn't !!!
 

Yellow Peril

Yellow Peril

After Barrow

1 Yellow
Kev
Bean (+ 1 Red in CC)
Phillips
Johnson (in CC)
Halls
Bowditch

2 Yellows
Williams (1 in JPT)
Hamer (1 yellow in JPT, 1 red in FA Cup, misses next game)

3 Yellows
Newton (1 in FA Cup)
Poole (1 in JPT)

4 Yellows
Bennett (1 in CC, 1 in FA Cup)

5 Yellows
Osborne (Serving Suspension)

6 Yellows
Elder (suspension served for 1st 5)
 

Yellow Peril

After Bradford City

1 Yellow
Bean (+ 1 Red in CC)
Phillips
Johnson (in CC)
Halls
Bowditch
Wood

2 Yellows
K O'C
Williams (1 in JPT)
Hamer (1 yellow in JPT, 1 red in FA Cup, misses next game)

3 Yellows
Newton (1 in FA Cup)
Poole (1 in JPT)

4 Yellows
Bennett (1 in CC, 1 in FA Cup)

5 Yellows
Osborne (Serving Suspension)

6 Yellows
Elder (suspension served for 1st 5)
 

Yellow Peril

December 4th 2009

1 Yellow

Balkestein (League Cup for Ipswich)
Kabba (for Burton !)
Osborne (no U)
Szczesny
Taylor

2 Yellows

Dickson (1 in FA Cup)
Foster
Hunt
O' Connor

3 Yellows

Phillips (remember him !)

7 Yellows

Bean (1 suspension served for 5 yellows, 1 in FA Cup)

1 Red

Wilson (suspension served)
 
Back
Top Bottom