wanderer paul
https://brentfordfcmemorabilia.wordpress.com/
1967
Fame at last![]()
There's one family name not on the list though

But there are many surnames I recognise.
Fame at last![]()

Didn't go today so hope I got a mention,just love showing off
Your name on there Bill
There's one family name not on the list though
But there are many surnames I recognise.![]()
More than one name missing. Disappointed.
If you read it, it does say the list is incomplete, and to contact the Club. As those missing names will be noted on the website for a permanent reminder of what happened in 1967. Along with those named in the programme, taken from the only surviving ledger.
If you read it, it does say the list is incomplete, and to contact the Club. As those missing names will be noted on the website for a permanent reminder of what happened in 1967. Along with those named in the programme, taken from the only surviving ledger.
Seems like they have put the top top fans on the list and kept the riff raff off.
Peter Sturely is on there
Peter Sturely is on there
Joking aside I look forward to reading the names and I expect I will shed a tear
52 years ago today our fitst game after the scum tried to kill us. Will never forget the Ian Lawther header at Ealing Road. The joy amongst young and old left a forever memory
52 years ago today our fitst game after the scum tried to kill us. Will never forget the Ian Lawther header at Ealing Road. The joy amongst young and old left a forever memory
IIRC us was against Southend and we were 0-1 down at the time. News cameras were there filming fans in the Braemar forecourt.
Is any of this footage available anywhere?IIRC us was against Southend and we were 0-1 down at the time. News cameras were there filming fans in the Braemar forecourt.
Wow! Sounds like some game to be at!52 years ago today our fitst game after the scum tried to kill us. Will never forget the Ian Lawther header at Ealing Road. The joy amongst young and old left a forever memory
As a young supporter at the time, I can never remember Malcolm Macdonald being referred to as "Malky"....
No, nor me.
It must have been around the same time, I always remember Mark Lazarus getting the ball
from the Keeper, flying down the wing to their goal line turning round and with the ball running
all the way back to our keeper, don’t know why, perhaps he was time wasting.
Never seen anything like it since. Strange things that stick in your memory.
At my age not much does.![]()
No, nor me.
It must have been around the same time, I always remember Mark Lazarus getting the ball
from the Keeper, flying down the wing to their goal line turning round and with the ball running
all the way back to our keeper, don’t know why, perhaps he was time wasting.
Never seen anything like it since. Strange things that stick in your memory.
At my age not much does.![]()
As a young supporter at the time, I can never remember Malcolm Macdonald being referred to as "Malky"....
Me too I can picture him playing to the New Road terrace even now.I loved Mark Lazarus, even if he did come from them up the road...
Still remember with so much passion Lawthers goal at the Ealing Road end
Still remember with so much passion Lawthers goal at the Ealing Road end
tell us more
It was first game after takeover bid. It was just sheer defiant emotion when it went in. I saw so many in Brentford who didnt even actually go games shed tears at that time. I was with Mum Dad and Grandad that day albeit had already met life long friends like Alf and Colin etc who I did the walk with a few months later. The shares we got we were so proud of. Was gutted when club removed them and still find it a needless kick. Was so proud of my club that day. My grandad hated QPR anyway so I can feel him still now.