All Over...

All Over...

With 3 clubs already on minus points, we would have to play pretty bad for us to go down this season....................then again ???
 

All Over...

With 3 clubs already on minus points, we would have to play pretty bad for us to go down this season....................then again ???
The aim is not to stay up, it's to go up.
 

All Over...

we are only three points off the top....
 

All Over...

You can tell me all about it on Saturday then :D

You won't talk to me.:sad:

Anyway it's best not to join mark's and Greenholme's gang.:nono:
They were picked out as the chief "Don't panic" merchants who would be on the GPG 10 minutes after kick off. Some of us were still in shock in the car parks.:fishing:
 

All Over...

You won't talk to me.:sad:

Anyway it's best not to join mark's and Greenholme's gang.:nono:
They were picked out as the chief "Don't panic" merchants who would be on the GPG 10 minutes after kick off. Some of us were still in shock in the car parks.:fishing:


you were in the car park ten minutes after kick off? no wonder you thought it was boring.
 

All Over...

Lets give is at least 4 league games before we judge.......perhaps :sneakoff:

Can you name me one thing about the weekend that gave you hope?
I would say the first 7 minutes were a bit like the Crewe game at Wembley where I thought it was men against boys.:(
 

All Over...

Get over it FFS! :rolleyes: :(
I can't eat or sleep and I've sh*t my pants but I'm over it.
Stop using americanisms on me, whatever. FACT.
I asked MarkyBee what he saw that gave him hope, I'm interested in hearing from others that were there.;):fishing:
 

All Over...

I can't eat or sleep and I've sh*t my pants but I'm over it.
Stop using americanisms on me, whatever. FACT.
I asked MarkyBee what he saw that gave him hope, I'm interested in hearing from others that were there.;):fishing:

i was there:wave:

theres hope:sorted:

but if we lose tomorrow (as expected) and saturday that hope could be shot down in flames quite quickly:(:cool:

i reckon saturday is quite an important game even at this early stage;)
 

All Over...

Can you name me one thing about the weekend that gave you hope?
I would say the first 7 minutes were a bit like the Crewe game at Wembley where I thought it was men against boys.:(

Yes...Im glad that's the furthest Im driving this season. :)

Apart from that, not really. But we can all have bad days, hopefully that was ours. We were lost without Smith ( they had Jones who ran the midfield ) , Poole had to come in to give us some direction in the midfeld... and Karleigh is not up to it...Elder was not in the game either....few worrying things but lets give them Saturday to put it right.
 

All Over...

I think my question was taken in the wrong context by the BU bully.:rolleyes:
I respect MarkyBee's football opinion , even though he is a perv, I wanted to know if he took any real positives from it. I was telling people that we would be back but with no real reason other than blind faith. I wasn't sayimg there was no hope, I was hoping to hear MarkyBee's reasons for optimism.
I have no need to hear from anyone who wasn't there as they have no voice that interests me.:sorted:
 

All Over...

was it worse than macclesfield last season? be honest now.
 

All Over...

And not for want of support either, they got plenty of noise in the first 20 minutes from us, then forgot how to play football.
Still, Saturday eh? Matt Heywood? Ball on the deck? Wrestling Moses? Penalty! Poole steps up? Slots it home? Zero to hero? Isn't it? Marvelous.
 

All Over...

I think my question was taken in the wrong context by the BU bully.:rolleyes:
I respect MarkyBee's football opinion , even though he is a perv, I wanted to know if he took any real positives from it. I was telling people that we would be back but with no real reason other than blind faith. I wasn't sayimg there was no hope, I was hoping to hear MarkyBee's reasons for optimism.
I have no need to hear from anyone who wasn't there as they have no voice that interests me.:sorted:

For what my opinion's worth, it was difficult to take any positives from the game, save for our performance in the first 7 - 8 minutes when I thought it was simply a case of how many we were going to win by.

My confidence for this season has been built up whilst watching the way we've played during the pre-season. I've seen us play fast, free flowing football and look genuinely dangerous going forward. I concede that we showed precious little of that on Saturday but I maintain that they've not become poor players overnight and am damn sure I saw little or nothing that gave me any such confidence during last year's pre-season. Of course it's bitterly disappointing to see us turn out a performance like that but it's far too early for all the doom and gloom there's been on here since the final whistle imho.
 

All Over...

My confidence for this season has been built up whilst watching the way we've played during the pre-season.

I agree, I talked up Bean to the 3 in our car who hadn't seen him on the way there and then found myself saying that the game wasn't a fair reflection of him on the way home. I think they think I'm nuts as he looked like a guy who had never played football before, one scuffed miss and nowt else. That can't be true and he must be and is better than that.
 

All Over...

For what my opinion's worth, it was difficult to take any positives from the game, save for our performance in the first 7 - 8 minutes when I thought it was simply a case of how many we were going to win by.

My confidence for this season has been built up whilst watching the way we've played during the pre-season. I've seen us play fast, free flowing football and look genuinely dangerous going forward. I concede that we showed precious little of that on Saturday but I maintain that they've not become poor players overnight and am damn sure I saw little or nothing that gave me any such confidence during last year's pre-season. Of course it's bitterly disappointing to see us turn out a performance like that but it's far too early for all the doom and gloom there's been on here since the final whistle imho.


Totally agree 100 % . Hats off sir.
 

All Over...

It was a poor performance and i was a bit depressed afterwards and having such a long journer back but Owlsmoor Bee is right, they cant have turned bad over night, and there is still a long way to go. If we can sort stuff out tonight, then go for a win on Saturday..with free-flowing football we will say how great the team is and we are going to win the league by miles ;)
 

All Over...

And not for want of support either, they got plenty of noise in the first 20 minutes from us, then forgot how to play football.
Still, Saturday eh? Matt Heywood? Ball on the deck? Wrestling Moses? Penalty! Poole steps up? Slots it home? Zero to hero? Isn't it? Marvelous.

Jumpers for goal posts as well?
 

All Over...

Gordon Strachan and Neil Warnock were in the crowd, they must know something we don't :confused::suspect:

cant believe Warnock would travel 250 miles out of his way to see a Bees player he can see 15 or so miles away.

Andy Bishop has scored 34 goals each for both of his last two clubs over four seasons and 166 games suggesting he could be over his early career injury woes and at 25 could possibly step up a level or two.
 

All Over...

cant believe Warnock would travel 250 miles out of his way to see a Bees player he can see 15 or so miles away.

Andy Bishop has scored 34 goals each for both of his last two clubs over four seasons and 166 games suggesting he could be over his early career injury woes and at 25 could possibly step up a level or two.

err, Warnock was at Selhurst Park managing his own team.

Bishop strikes me as enjoying being the big fish in the little pond, lots of teams were interested in him, but he decided to stay. The Matt Le Tiss of Bury !?
 

All Over...

Andy Bishop has scored 34 goals each for both of his last two clubs over four seasons and 166 games suggesting he could be over his early career injury woes and at 25 could possibly step up a level or two.

I was talking to Sean Parrish who is part of the Cobblers management team and Bishop was released by Walsall as a kid after a loan spell with Parrish at Kidderminster. He said he was gash but times have changed.

Anyway he asked me about Brett Johnson, I told him that he came on as sub and due to injury played LB. He obviously said that that wasn't his position, when I told him that we were pushing forward and he kept getting the ball out wide in space and was expected to put a ball into the box he simply smiled. He likes BJ, thinks he needs an injury free season and to work on body strength but doesn't think he is a left wing back.
 

All Over...

cant believe Warnock would travel 250 miles out of his way to see a Bees player he can see 15 or so miles away.

err, Warnock was at Selhurst Park managing his own team.

Well one of us is lying then......I have RobBEEh for back up, in that Neil Warnock was sitting to the right and just below me, in the away end, in front of SJB in the 2nd half.

Who do you trust, me or ROB ? :confused:
 

All Over...

I can empathise with NB's frustration. The man travels to most games and has had a lot of hurt the last two years. As we all have, yet perhaps it hurts that tad more when you put the miles in. Just a thought.

There are some players - Elder, Bean, Newton, Smith, Connell, Williams, Hamer, Bennett that we NEED big seasons from if we are going to go anywhere this season. None (apart from Hamer) showed anything on Saturday and we arent going to get anything when that happens (obv Smith was out). Its the lack of a play maker without Smith that worries me. Poole DID do very well when moved closer to centre midfield but is that where we want him? I don't know.

After a depressing day with awful conditions forsuch a long journey, on the back of optimism, it really was disappointing. OK we are use to it but we dont want much more, quite understandably.

I have a meeting in Reading at 7.30pm tonight so cant go to Swansea but Im looking forward to Saturday and sure AS & TB have learnt from last week.
 

All Over...

Some Chester fans booed their players off at half-time against Leeds tonight, so this impatience is not just a Brentford disease.

Someone should try telling those Chester fans that it's only two games of the season, and there is a lot of the season to go yet. Bloody drama queens.... :mad:
 

All Over...

Someone should try telling those Chester fans that it's only two games of the season, and there is a lot of the season to go yet. Bloody drama queens.... :mad:



Are you being ironical?

Because in the Brentford/Swansea thread Brentford fans are having meltdowns over.......wait for it......(drum roll)......the first two games of the season.:thetruth:
 

All Over...

Jimmy Bullard, you're a waste of space. Go back to 'supporting' Fulham from your computer in America. Why do you care how we do in the League Cup v Swansea anyway?
 

All Over...

Jimmy Bullard, you're a waste of space. Go back to 'supporting' Fulham from your computer in America. Why do you care how we do in the League Cup v Swansea anyway?


That hurts bro


If you go back to my first post all I wanted was for Fulham to play Brentford in a cup to reignite our rivalry. Hence me caring about your cup match with Swansea.


Think before you post :nono:
 

All Over...

Think before you post :nono:

:rolleyes:

learn the lesson yourself first. :wave:

Fulham are sh*te and i hope we never play them again, QPRshite are our closest rivals, they're who i want to play, not the plastic supporters on the river.
 

All Over...

............................its all over now..............................
 
Back
Top Bottom