Andy Scott

Should Andy Scott Stay or Go?

  • Yes he should go

    Votes: 136 24.8%
  • No he should definitely stay

    Votes: 167 30.5%
  • Too Early to decide - Needs time to fix it

    Votes: 245 44.7%

  • Total voters
    548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Scott

Vassell is a free agent at the moment?:fishing:

Having not had any proper pre season or matches, would he be anywhere near match fit, bearing too his past injury problems. :idea:
 

Andy Scott

So to say that MA is a 'much better manager' is either disingenuous, just plain wrong, or far too early to say. Wouldnt you agree?

Which one did you enjoy more? Did you enjoy a noisy GP that expected much or the morgue and hoof? The football under MA wasn't always pretty but it wasn't as ugly as it is now.
Enjoyment is important, isn't it, it's all part of the reason we follow our team?
 

Andy Scott

Which one did you enjoy more? Did you enjoy a noisy GP that expected much or the morgue and hoof? The football under MA wasn't always pretty but it wasn't as ugly as it is now.
Enjoyment is important, isn't it, it's all part of the reason we follow our team?
Indeed.

To be honest, I'd rather us lose 5-4 on Tuesday than carve out a 0-0 draw.

Just something, anything, to show that we can actually score some goals and play some decent football.

Despite our poor performances this season, I don't think any of us blame the players. Even at the games, no-one is really getting on anyone's back. They're just following instructions (hoof) after all.
 

Andy Scott

I do believe that we have enough strikers - we should start with Cort and aim to get an early goal or two - that goes for Forster as well.
 

Andy Scott

I'm not going to attack this part of your post because I could so easily go through each point and demolish each of them, it would just take me too much of my precious time to go through the highlights. We have put in some good performances this season and this team has it in them to go further, all the stuff you said- fine, we havent done enough of it. But to say that none of that stuff has happened even once what are you talking about??

I meant it has only been in glimpses, which isnt good enough for a team supposedly challenging for the PO's.

For a start what you have said about MA taking brentford up on the budget AS has is pure speculation, no more. Lets deal with facts shall we? Andy Scott took a team on the brink of relegation out of the professional league and led them to a respectable mid table finish.

Andy Scott then led us to promotion out of league 2 in his first full season. We then exceeded expectations by finishing 9th and outdid all of our previous season contemporaries (2 of whom went back down). We are currently in the middle of a 'great cup run'. When you look at what both managers have achieved in the same space of time, AS isn't that different really?

So to say that MA is a 'much better manager' is either disingenuous, just plain wrong, or far too early to say. Wouldnt you agree?

I didnt say MA was "a much better manger" simply just a better manager and that was in response to someone suggesting AS is the best manager we have had in a long time. Im not against AS i just feel he is too rigid in his tactics and dosent trust his players as much as he should to play football that they are capable of. It is just speculation to MA would have got us up but im convinced he could have done it, with AS im not as sure but happy to be proved wrong. AS got us out of league 2 and credit to him for that it was a "great" achievement, however with the budget and fan base we had and the points deductions the other teams had it wasnt an "amazing" achievement, we all expect to be in the 3rd division, and saw it as a return to our level. We are enjoying a good cup run and AS did manage to turn it around last year and that's why i still back him. But we dont have the adaptability or attacking prowess (we have the players but not the tactics) ATM to reach our targets. If AS is still reluctant to try another approach or his current approach still isnt proving to be successful four games down the line then i think we may need to think about a change.
 

Andy Scott

Enjoyment is important, isn't it, it's all part of the reason we follow our team?

Following lower league sides isn't all about enjoyment is it? We all know we will get plenty of ugly games, plenty of poor times and these are more reason to enjoy the limited good times.
12 games in including cup games and we have won 4 (inc Everton on pens) lost 4 and drawn 4. Now in at least 33% of these we have played pretty well, another 20% we should have won and 20% we have drawn but not played badly, leaving about 33% where we have been poor. Wins against Britol Rovers and Hartleppol would have left us a few points from play offs and both games should have been won on chances alone. So its a fine line between meeting expectations and being below them.
I look at the good play against Sheff Wed, Hull & Everton to suggest that we can and should play better more often and I still hope that we become more consistent very very soon.
 

Andy Scott

My maths is good but I hate applying it to football, you lost me when you suggested that we should have beaten Hartlepool as for the life of me I can't see why.
We were worse than useless.
 

Andy Scott

Which one did you enjoy more? Did you enjoy a noisy GP that expected much or the morgue and hoof? The football under MA wasn't always pretty but it wasn't as ugly as it is now.
Enjoyment is important, isn't it, it's all part of the reason we follow our team?

Thats just diversionary, I am not talking about how the team plays (not saying it isn't important, but I am addressing a different question). I am talking about facts, and Scotts record is just as good as Allens in the same time period.

Martin Allen was a great manager for us and some of our seasons under him were really exciting. But at the end of the day, he couldnt follow through and get us promoted. So a comparison between the two managers that comes out heavily in Allens favour is just plain blinkered.

Enjoyment is important, I watched and enjoyed the Wednesday match, Hull and Everton, I am not going to write AS's style of football off as boring simply because we aren't transferring our good cup performances into the league. Can you honestly say you thought we turned in a 'morgue and hoof' performance against Hull or Everton? GP was amazing on both those encounters and the team played really well. I'm not all doom and gloom like some people on here and think AS has earned his right to time.

The poll seems to show that the insurgents on here have been well and truly destroyed anywhoo, so I guess the remaining people slating him non stop are the extremely vocal minority.
 

Andy Scott

Having not had any proper pre season or matches, would he be anywhere near match fit, bearing too his past injury problems. :idea:

As i understood it he is raring to go having returned from Turkey or somewhere where he did not settle. Money not an issue apparently just wants some game time.
 

Andy Scott

Thats just diversionary, I am not talking about how the team plays (not saying it isn't important, but I am addressing a different question). I am talking about facts, and Scotts record is just as good as Allens in the same time period.

Martin Allen was a great manager for us and some of our seasons under him were really exciting. But at the end of the day, he couldnt follow through and get us promoted. So a comparison between the two managers that comes out heavily in Allens favour is just plain blinkered.

Enjoyment is important, I watched and enjoyed the Wednesday match, Hull and Everton, I am not going to write AS's style of football off as boring simply because we aren't transferring our good cup performances into the league. Can you honestly say you thought we turned in a 'morgue and hoof' performance against Hull or Everton? GP was amazing on both those encounters and the team played really well. I'm not all doom and gloom like some people on here and think AS has earned his right to time.

The poll seems to show that the insurgents on here have been well and truly destroyed anywhoo, so I guess the remaining people slating him non stop are the extremely vocal minority.

Allen's record was all in league one with a much worse budget than last season, he laughed at suggestions of the kitty on offer now. I'd say that is enough to suggest that his record sits well against almost any Brentford manager. I wouldn't suggest going back to him even though he has been a total gentleman to me in recent dealings, that doesn't cloud my judgement.
4710 and silence greets us at GP in league games, the players and fans alike aren't enjoying it, anyone can see that.
Cup games apart and Wednesday which was like a cup game have been the only times that GP has been a place to actually enjoy being involved with. The league is where it counts this season though I realise that might be a personal thing to me.
 

Andy Scott

My maths is good but I hate applying it to football, you lost me when you suggested that we should have beaten Hartlepool as for the life of me I can't see why.
We were worse than useless.

After the first 15 minutes they hardly got beyond the half way line. We had plenty of chances to have scored. It wasn't agreat specatcle, but certainly one that we could have won at a canter.
 

Andy Scott

Thats just diversionary, I am not talking about how the team plays (not saying it isn't important, but I am addressing a different question). I am talking about facts, and Scotts record is just as good as Allens in the same time period.

Martin Allen was a great manager for us and some of our seasons under him were really exciting. But at the end of the day, he couldnt follow through and get us promoted. So a comparison between the two managers that comes out heavily in Allens favour is just plain blinkered.

Enjoyment is important, I watched and enjoyed the Wednesday match, Hull and Everton, I am not going to write AS's style of football off as boring simply because we aren't transferring our good cup performances into the league. Can you honestly say you thought we turned in a 'morgue and hoof' performance against Hull or Everton? GP was amazing on both those encounters and the team played really well. I'm not all doom and gloom like some people on here and think AS has earned his right to time.

The poll seems to show that the insurgents on here have been well and truly destroyed anywhoo, so I guess the remaining people slating him non stop are the extremely vocal minority.

"Insurgents destroyed "christ we are in Iraq now.If you think a couple of hundred posters on here some that l doubt ever go is representative of a endorsement of Andy Scott you must be having bobble.Look at our league gates this season and then look at what most posters on here predicted pre season thats the true barometer on Andy Scotts brentford at this present time.Like all fans l want a succesfull LEAGUE team that will equate to bigger gates F.ck the cup.
 

Andy Scott

As i understood it he is raring to go having returned from Turkey or somewhere where he did not settle. Money not an issue apparently just wants some game time.

But raring to go and having no match fitness are two completely different things. He would need a month just to get near fit and thats a month we don't have.
I also wonder why nobody else has picked him up, if he was fit and inexpensive.
 

Andy Scott

Indeed.

Despite our poor performances this season, I don't think any of us blame the players. Even at the games, no-one is really getting on anyone's back. They're just following instructions (hoof) after all.


No its def Scotts fault that we keep missing chances. :rolleyes:
 

Andy Scott

My maths is good but I hate applying it to football, you lost me when you suggested that we should have beaten Hartlepool as for the life of me I can't see why.
We were worse than useless.

I will agree with this. Apart from two at the end of the first half, we didn't create anything and I'm not quite sure how AS can say we did everything but score. Their keeper didn't have a save to make.
 

Andy Scott

Good come back :rolleyes:

The point was that you read the poll one way, I read it another. Disagreeing with your interpretation does not make it misinformation the same way disagreeing with your Island based love for AS does not make me an insurgent

:kiss:

Fair enough Claire, but surprised you were offended by 'insurgent' - it was just a term of speech. The poll makes even more interesting reading now don't you think?
 

Andy Scott

Thats just diversionary, I am not talking about how the team plays (not saying it isn't important, but I am addressing a different question). I am talking about facts, and Scotts record is just as good as Allens in the same time period.

Martin Allen was a great manager for us and some of our seasons under him were really exciting. But at the end of the day, he couldnt follow through and get us promoted. So a comparison between the two managers that comes out heavily in Allens favour is just plain blinkered.

Enjoyment is important, I watched and enjoyed the Wednesday match, Hull and Everton, I am not going to write AS's style of football off as boring simply because we aren't transferring our good cup performances into the league. Can you honestly say you thought we turned in a 'morgue and hoof' performance against Hull or Everton? GP was amazing on both those encounters and the team played really well. I'm not all doom and gloom like some people on here and think AS has earned his right to time.

The poll seems to show that the insurgents on here have been well and truly destroyed anywhoo, so I guess the remaining people slating him non stop are the extremely vocal minority.

I find your argument slightly confusing. Surely MA's record is better (no, not millions of miles better, but definitely better) - saving us from relegation a division above (a pretty miraculous turnaround, don't forget), followed by two seasons really challenging for promotion and 2 5th Round FA Cup runs. :confused:

I don't think you need to downgrade MA to stick up for AS. FWIW I don't think we should (or will) sack him now, but there are serious problems to be addressed. Most importantly, lack of goals at the moment.
 

Andy Scott

No its def Scotts fault that we keep missing chances. :rolleyes:
Two things wrong with your sarcastic comment:

1) We are not creating chances.
2) Any chances that are missed are missed by players that he has decided to pick.

:wave:
 

Andy Scott

Thats just diversionary, I am not talking about how the team plays (not saying it isn't important, but I am addressing a different question). I am talking about facts, and Scotts record is just as good as Allens in the same time period.

Martin Allen was a great manager for us and some of our seasons under him were really exciting. But at the end of the day, he couldnt follow through and get us promoted. So a comparison between the two managers that comes out heavily in Allens favour is just plain blinkered.

Enjoyment is important, I watched and enjoyed the Wednesday match, Hull and Everton, I am not going to write AS's style of football off as boring simply because we aren't transferring our good cup performances into the league. Can you honestly say you thought we turned in a 'morgue and hoof' performance against Hull or Everton? GP was amazing on both those encounters and the team played really well. I'm not all doom and gloom like some people on here and think AS has earned his right to time.

The poll seems to show that the insurgents on here have been well and truly destroyed anywhoo, so I guess the remaining people slating him non stop are the extremely vocal minority.


If the poll was a general election, there would be a hung parliament. You can bend figures anyway that suits you. Fact is only 33% are saying 'Definitely keep AS..
Put that in ya pipe and smoke it.rofl
 

Andy Scott




If the poll was a general election, there would be a hung parliament. You can bend figures anyway that suits you. Fact is only 33% are saying 'Definitely keep AS..
Put that in ya pipe and smoke it.rofl

And only 22% are saying he should definately go?
 

Andy Scott

Two things wrong with your sarcastic comment:

1) We are not creating chances.
2) Any chances that are missed are missed by players that he has decided to pick.

:wave:

Swindon and Bristol we had loads of chances and a fair few against Walsall too.
 

Andy Scott

Its been such a long time were we have acutally looked dangerous and clinical...
Shrewsbury away springs to mind.....
 

Andy Scott

The booing at the end of Orient wasn't 20%, Scott walked over took a quick boo and then a quick turn and away he went. He was left in no mind as to what the fans were thinking, the players didn't get booed, it only started when Scott made his way over. Nobody went there to boo him, we aren't those twonks from X Factor/Big Brother but, but it was loud.
 

Andy Scott

Its been such a long time were we have acutally looked dangerous and clinical...
Shrewsbury away springs to mind.....

What?! :confused:

So we weren't clinical at Darlington? Or at Carlisle? Or at home to Gillingham or Huddersfield? That's just a few, I can't be bothered to go through the rest.
 

Andy Scott

To be honest, I'd rather us lose 5-4 on Tuesday than carve out a 0-0 draw.

I absolutely guarantee that if the next three or four games ended up with a similar scoreline, you would simply get a role reversal with people saying 'I'd rather we just kept it tight and simple, focused on a clean sheet and picked up some points'. Grass is always greener, and whilst no one can fault your desire to see something different on Tuesday, it's a meaningless basis for making decisions on the future of the manager.

The bottom line is that the club is currently planning long-term, not on the result they would like to see on Tuesday. I'm interested in having a manager that grows with the squad, that has the potential to improve year on year, and that is backed by a board willing to tolerate a manager making mistakes - assuming it doesn't jeopardize the long-term interest of the club.

I think AS has got the potential to take this club into the Championship, but some peoples' expectations were way to high for this season. We shouldn't be expecting 'instant success' - which is usually associated with a boom-and-bust approach to running a club - but the consistent improvement of the squad and the long term prospects of the club.

If come Christmas we are staring straight at Lg2, then we will have to regretfully make a change in the long term interest of the club. But to call for AS's head now is short-termist and willfully ignorant of his achievements and progress over the past two years. Furthermore, it reveals a willingness to ignore any long term plans for the club based purely on one month of mixed results (including some outstanding and some sh*te).
 

Andy Scott

This getting stupid now, he's not gonna be sacked after the next couple of games, i'm still confident that we will not be relegated! More people think he shoud stay then go, more people think he should be given more time (which will happen whatever the final result of the poll) so lets all just calm down.

I'm sorry, but just because we have some more money behind us then normal people are expecting play offs, lets be realistic, I can think of 6 teams of the top off my head that will either have a bigger budget then us or were starting off in a better on feild posistion (they would be, southampton, sheff wed, plymouth, peterborugh, hudders, and swindon)

Lets just show some patience with AS and the players and get behind the team, and leave it up to the people in charge to choose if/when AS's time is up
 

Andy Scott

I absolutely guarantee that if the next three or four games ended up with a similar scoreline, you would simply get a role reversal with people saying 'I'd rather we just kept it tight and simple, focused on a clean sheet and picked up some points'. Grass is always greener, and whilst no one can fault your desire to see something different on Tuesday, it's a meaningless basis for making decisions on the future of the manager.

The bottom line is that the club is currently planning long-term, not on the result they would like to see on Tuesday. I'm interested in having a manager that grows with the squad, that has the potential to improve year on year, and that is backed by a board willing to tolerate a manager making mistakes - assuming it doesn't jeopardize the long-term interest of the club.

I think AS has got the potential to take this club into the Championship, but some peoples' expectations were way to high for this season. We shouldn't be expecting 'instant success' - which is usually associated with a boom-and-bust approach to running a club - but the consistent improvement of the squad and the long term prospects of the club.

If come Christmas we are staring straight at Lg2, then we will have to regretfully make a change in the long term interest of the club. But to call for AS's head now is short-termist and willfully ignorant of his achievements and progress over the past two years. Furthermore, it reveals a willingness to ignore any long term plans for the club based purely on one month of mixed results (including some outstanding and some sh*te).

Top post mate:sorted:
 

Andy Scott

I absolutely guarantee that if the next three or four games ended up with a similar scoreline, you would simply get a role reversal with people saying 'I'd rather we just kept it tight and simple, focused on a clean sheet and picked up some points'. Grass is always greener, and whilst no one can fault your desire to see something different on Tuesday, it's a meaningless basis for making decisions on the future of the manager.

The bottom line is that the club is currently planning long-term, not on the result they would like to see on Tuesday. I'm interested in having a manager that grows with the squad, that has the potential to improve year on year, and that is backed by a board willing to tolerate a manager making mistakes - assuming it doesn't jeopardize the long-term interest of the club.

I think AS has got the potential to take this club into the Championship, but some peoples' expectations were way to high for this season. We shouldn't be expecting 'instant success' - which is usually associated with a boom-and-bust approach to running a club - but the consistent improvement of the squad and the long term prospects of the club.

If come Christmas we are staring straight at Lg2, then we will have to regretfully make a change in the long term interest of the club. But to call for AS's head now is short-termist and willfully ignorant of his achievements and progress over the past two years. Furthermore, it reveals a willingness to ignore any long term plans for the club based purely on one month of mixed results (including some outstanding and some sh*te).

:sorted:
 

Andy Scott

I
I think AS has got the potential to take this club into the Championship, but some peoples' expectations were way to high for this season. ).

You make some good points but some people's expectations are too low, I know what the clubs expectations are and they are not where we are now.
 

Andy Scott

Even at the fans forum AS seemed to be saying that the playoffs would be an ambitious target and Mr Benhams representative was sitting next to him.

I think we did overachieve last year and I agree that it takes some players time to settle. That said of our current starting XI, seven (Mac, Myles, Kev, Dave, Karleigh, Pim, Hamer) are hardly new to the club.

That leaves Woodman (who has settled very well in my opinion) plus Alexander, Adams and Spillane who we could do with seeing an improvement from but haven't been terrible.

The fact is that we have one gameplan and opponents have got it sussed. We are better against teams that attack us because they think they can beat us blow for blow.(Hull, Wednesday, Everton - all of whom had some decent chances to score but missed or were denied).

When teams sit back and neutralise us the lack of invention on the pitch is woefully apparent.
 

Andy Scott

People's expectations were heightened, by the club itself talking up play off aspirations and making a range of (for us) expensive, exciting signings.
That's part of the reason why everyone is so surprised & pissed at being in the bottom four and not playing well.

Another major factor is Andy's reluctance to ever put his hand up and just say "sorry guys, I got that wrong."

A little humility goes a long way.
 

Andy Scott

You make some good points but some people's expectations are too low, I know what the clubs expectations are and they are not where we are now.

Of course, very few clubs start off with the expectation for the new season to be in the relegation zone.

Despite that, 4 clubs will be in the relegation zone.

It's still only 8 games into the season, let's give our team (Players, Managers, Owners) until the end of the year and see how they are doing then.
 

Andy Scott

Of course, very few clubs start off with the expectation for the new season to be in the relegation zone.

Despite that, 4 clubs will be in the relegation zone.

It's still only 8 games into the season, let's give our team (Players, Managers, Owners) until the end of the year and see how they are doing then.

Actually, I think over the past 2/3 seasons we've been a situation where clubs have started the season thinking that they might go down, whether due to a points deduction of the fact that their squad is woeful and they are reliant on youngsters (e.g. Stockport, Chester etc)
 

Andy Scott

After the first 15 minutes they hardly got beyond the half way line. We had plenty of chances to have scored. It wasn't agreat specatcle, but certainly one that we could have won at a canter.

Lets not forget though we were at home against a team that arent very good, travelled miles and didnt have a recognised striker.
 

Andy Scott

I absolutely guarantee that if the next three or four games ended up with a similar scoreline, you would simply get a role reversal with people saying 'I'd rather we just kept it tight and simple, focused on a clean sheet and picked up some points'. Grass is always greener, and whilst no one can fault your desire to see something different on Tuesday, it's a meaningless basis for making decisions on the future of the manager.

The bottom line is that the club is currently planning long-term, not on the result they would like to see on Tuesday. I'm interested in having a manager that grows with the squad, that has the potential to improve year on year, and that is backed by a board willing to tolerate a manager making mistakes - assuming it doesn't jeopardize the long-term interest of the club.

I think AS has got the potential to take this club into the Championship, but some peoples' expectations were way to high for this season. We shouldn't be expecting 'instant success' - which is usually associated with a boom-and-bust approach to running a club - but the consistent improvement of the squad and the long term prospects of the club.

If come Christmas we are staring straight at Lg2, then we will have to regretfully make a change in the long term interest of the club. But to call for AS's head now is short-termist and willfully ignorant of his achievements and progress over the past two years. Furthermore, it reveals a willingness to ignore any long term plans for the club based purely on one month of mixed results (including some outstanding and some sh*te).


*applauds*
 

Andy Scott

People's expectations were heightened, by the club itself talking up play off aspirations and making a range of (for us) expensive, exciting signings.
That's part of the reason why everyone is so surprised & pissed at being in the bottom four and not playing well.

Another major factor is Andy's reluctance to ever put his hand up and just say "sorry guys, I got that wrong."

A little humility goes a long way.

1 - Andy Scott has said we would try and beat last years finish
2 - Abee pointed out that our budget is top 8-10 in division
3 - Why should AS apologise. In his eyes he has prepared the team to the best of his ability.
 

Andy Scott

1 - Andy Scott has said we would try and beat last years finish

I saw Andy commentating on Sky .He said the club wanted " to push on and get higher than 9 th this season " He also mentioned the play offs

2 - Abee pointed out that our budget is top 8-10 in division

Im not sure he said this exactly.Where is the man when you need him?


3 - Why should AS apologise. In his eyes he has prepared the team to the best of his ability.

His ability wasnt good enough then and he say sorry for his failings imho.Even if the failings are temporary.



Poo ! Ive replied to all your points ,the other two are in the grey box above for some reason
 

Andy Scott

In reality I dont think that people are actually poles apart. Yes there are a few who are adamant that Andy should be sacked and there are equally a few who irrespective of results/performance beleive he is somewhere close to the second coming. In the main people are concerned firstly with a poor league form but possibly even more important it is the style of play that is served up each week that is vexing everyone.

I go to Brentford cos I always have done and always will and have become imured to what is on offer when I get there however there should be some enjoyment and unfortunately that seems to now be reduced to prior to the match starting when hopes are high. As the game goes on and it becomes same old same old then enjoyment levels reduce. Yes I will be back but seemingly week on week a few more drop off the radar.

All we the supporters want is to see something that can give us beleif, a hope that; you know what this team could go all the way, or at the very least the feeling that OK it wasnt good but at least it was better than before and I can see that we are trying things to improve performance.

At present I dont feel this beleif and this is where Andy is coming unstuck, week in week out he blames the players, ok they may well be at fault but come on this is a team game and if he is repeating the same message each week then either the players are not listening or he is not getting his message across, either way it is worrying.

I am not his biggest fan but beleive that in the fullness of time he might be a good manager, however to acheive that he needs to become more susceptable to new ideas, accept collective responsibility and perhaps change his persona a tad. Its OK Fergusson being a tough ******* however he has the silverware to back it up. At this juncture Scott needs the supporters on his side whilst he gets to grips with the problems of organising the team therefore he needs to consider the style of play and perhaps instead of giving the team strict instructions as to how to play just send them out at Brighton with the instruction "enjoy yourselves we are not expected to win so have fun" he may be suprised at what happens.
 

Andy Scott

1 - Andy Scott has said we would try and beat last years finish
2 - Abee pointed out that our budget is top 8-10 in division
3 - Why should AS apologise. In his eyes he has prepared the team to the best of his ability.

I do admire you Nick, loyal isn't the word.

I think Andy is his worst enemy, at least half the criticism on here would vanish if he just stopped blaming everyone but himself when things go wrong.
 

Andy Scott

In reality I dont think that people are actually poles apart. Yes there are a few who are adamant that Andy should be sacked and there are equally a few who irrespective of results/performance beleive he is somewhere close to the second coming. In the main people are concerned firstly with a poor league form but possibly even more important it is the style of play that is served up each week that is vexing everyone.

I go to Brentford cos I always have done and always will and have become imured to what is on offer when I get there however there should be some enjoyment and unfortunately that seems to now be reduced to prior to the match starting when hopes are high. As the game goes on and it becomes same old same old then enjoyment levels reduce. Yes I will be back but seemingly week on week a few more drop off the radar.

All we the supporters want is to see something that can give us beleif, a hope that; you know what this team could go all the way, or at the very least the feeling that OK it wasnt good but at least it was better than before and I can see that we are trying things to improve performance.

At present I dont feel this beleif and this is where Andy is coming unstuck, week in week out he blames the players, ok they may well be at fault but come on this is a team game and if he is repeating the same message each week then either the players are not listening or he is not getting his message across, either way it is worrying.

I am not his biggest fan but beleive that in the fullness of time he might be a good manager, however to acheive that he needs to become more susceptable to new ideas, accept collective responsibility and perhaps change his persona a tad. Its OK Fergusson being a tough ******* however he has the silverware to back it up. At this juncture Scott needs the supporters on his side whilst he gets to grips with the problems of organising the team therefore he needs to consider the style of play and perhaps instead of giving the team strict instructions as to how to play just send them out at Brighton with the instruction "enjoy yourselves we are not expected to win so have fun" he may be suprised at what happens.


Another quality post :)
 

Andy Scott

I do admire you Nick, loyal isn't the word.

I think Andy is his worst enemy, at least half the criticism on here would vanish if he just stopped blaming everyone but himself when things go wrong.

i think a bit more "we" and a bit less "they" would go a long way to achieving this.
 

Andy Scott

1 - Andy Scott has said we would try and beat last years finish
2 - Abee pointed out that our budget is top 8-10 in division
3 - Why should AS apologise. In his eyes he has prepared the team to the best of his ability.



"In his eyes he has prepared the team to the best of his ability".

Yep I guess that really sums it up ;)
 

Andy Scott

It has taken nearly 700 posts to get there, but there is a lot of sense in recent comments by The Pipe, Davee and condorman. AS brought in these players, he is the manager, it is his responsibility to get them performing, and if he can't do that then he should go. The big debate, that will never be resolved on here, is just how long he should be given to get it right.
 

Andy Scott

"Insurgents destroyed "christ we are in Iraq now.If you think a couple of hundred posters on here some that l doubt ever go is representative of a endorsement of Andy Scott you must be having bobble.Look at our league gates this season and then look at what most posters on here predicted pre season thats the true barometer on Andy Scotts brentford at this present time.Like all fans l want a succesfull LEAGUE team that will equate to bigger gates F.ck the cup.

If you think 70 odd posters on here is an endorsement for sack the manager then you must be having a bubble. And dont slate me about the cup, I am just using our cup performances as an example that the team has the potential to play well, and we need to transfer it to the league. I agree with you, b***ocks to the cup, the league is what we need to concentrate on.

I find your argument slightly confusing. Surely MA's record is better (no, not millions of miles better, but definitely better) - saving us from relegation a division above (a pretty miraculous turnaround, don't forget), followed by two seasons really challenging for promotion and 2 5th Round FA Cup runs.

I don't think you need to downgrade MA to stick up for AS.

Sussexb, I am not trying to put down MA as a manager (he was the dogs 'nads) I was just responding to the hypothetical that 'MA would have done better, he was a much better manager'. Personally I think that to say he is the better manager is too preliminary a judgement, and just a dig at AS. We can get into sematics over which manager inherited the worse sinking ship, but thats beside the point. Allen is simply being used as a tool to degrade AS (I understand not by you) who himself has done a great service to the club so far. I got no truck with you dude, I am not degrading MA, just trying to give it a bit of perspective.

If the poll was a general election, there would be a hung parliament. You can bend figures anyway that suits you. Fact is only 33% are saying 'Definitely keep AS..
Put that in ya pipe and smoke it.rofl

Well you clearly know how to bend figures, because you are blatantly ignoring the fact that only a fifth of people on here actually want AS out, whereas a third want him to stay, and half want him to stay at least a bit longer.

Basically 78% of people on here want AS to stay, at least for the moment. No one who voted for 'needs more time' can have their vote accepted into the 'AS out' count, but provisionally they can count as the 'AS must stay' at least until the next game. And that isnt 'bending figures' to suit my needs, even if you disregard the votes for 'more time', the 'AS must stay' still have a majority. There is no way you can spin this to make it seem that more people support 'AS out'. But good luck trying to do so... :sorted:
 

Andy Scott

If you think 70 odd posters on here is an endorsement for sack the manager then you must be having a bubble. And dont slate me about the cup, I am just using our cup performances as an example that the team has the potential to play well, and we need to transfer it to the league. I agree with you, b***ocks to the cup, the league is what we need to concentrate on.



Sussexb, I am not trying to put down MA as a manager (he was the dogs 'nads) I was just responding to the hypothetical that 'MA would have done better, he was a much better manager'. Personally I think that to say he is the better manager is too preliminary a judgement, and just a dig at AS. We can get into sematics over which manager inherited the worse sinking ship, but thats beside the point. Allen is simply being used as a tool to degrade AS (I understand not by you) who himself has done a great service to the club so far. I got no truck with you dude, I am not degrading MA, just trying to give it a bit of perspective.



Well you clearly know how to bend figures, because you are blatantly ignoring the fact that only a fifth of people on here actually want AS out, whereas a third want him to stay, and half want him to stay at least a bit longer.

Basically 78% of people on here want AS to stay, at least for the moment. No one who voted for 'needs more time' can have their vote accepted into the 'AS out' count, but provisionally they can count as the 'AS must stay' at least until the next game. And that isnt 'bending figures' to suit my needs, even if you disregard the votes for 'more time', the 'AS must stay' still have a majority. There is no way you can spin this to make it seem that more people support 'AS out'. But good luck trying to do so... :sorted:

He will try i bet :nono:
 

Andy Scott

I fear for our situation because of the following:-

2 Strikers are effectively ruled out through injury
1 more is also injured in the short term
GA is too slow
No creative midfield
Too predictable
No attempt/desire to adopt a plan B

I do not expect Andy to be able to turn this round as it would need
probably 3/4 good signings to make a difference and considering what we have spent I dont think we would be able to stretch to this, we have made a grave mistake by signing too many older strikers, and also ignoring glaring problems in midfield, and to progress any further I think we need to play a bit more tippy tappy as AS calls it
 

Andy Scott

Too many older strikers ? Only two ,Cort and Forster ? Mac is getting on at 28 but his Zimmer frame isnt even on order yet

Oops ,GA is 30 isnt he ? Ok,Maybe I get the point
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom