Andy Scott

Should Andy Scott Stay or Go?

  • Yes he should go

    Votes: 136 24.8%
  • No he should definitely stay

    Votes: 167 30.5%
  • Too Early to decide - Needs time to fix it

    Votes: 245 44.7%

  • Total voters
    548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Scott

Sheerwater Bee


I'd give Scott until Xmas to turn things around. However if we're still in the relegation zone or just hovering above, then it's time for a change. I hope he can pull it off, but I'm starting to have my doubts.
there will be no crowd left at GP by then:fishing:
 

Andy Scott

It is all well and good saying this as though it's going to be hysterical, kneejerk reaction by people on here, but this has been a hugely underwhelming start to the season, and it sounds as though we offered little again tonight, particularly after they scored. OK, they are top and have made a good start to the campaign, but I didn't see us as too disimilar a proposition to Brighton at the beginning of the season and yet we are bottom and they sit top of the league.

I can't comment too much as I didn't go to either Orient or Brighton thanks to the dreaded man flu, but neither game offered too much encouragment by the sounds of it and it seems AS could well have taken us as far as possible. I think people have got a right to be a little irked after the poor start to the league we've had this season. One win in nine and four goals in nine games....whatever the budget, that is pretty average stuff.

Oh I am on here quite a few times however there will be a load of hysterical comment on here by tomorrow, equally there will be a number of well balanced arguments.
I am not a Scott supporter and have been distinctly underwhelmed with the style of football he has produced throughout his tenure, I do beleive that he has the players with the ability to do well however for whatever reason he is not getting the best out of these players.
Whether that requires an immediate dismissal or whether the board will give him more time will be an interesting conundrum as they will have to calculate the cost of severance against the budgeted gate income, they may decide that they need to give a specific time frame for it all to be turned round as I imagine they were happy to appoint him and give him a larger budget, the question fro them is do they have sufficient confidence in his overall abilities.
i suppose that a potential answer is to get a Director of football to help mentor him, however I would guess that after managing 2.5 years this would be seen as an insult.
The next board meeting might well be a feisty affair.
 

Andy Scott

I KNOW WE SHOULD GIVE HIM ONE MORE GAME BUT I HOPEING HE RESIGNS TMMW!

3 POINTS SATURDAY OR GOODBYE:wave:

I GOT A SEASON TICKET FULL OF HOPE BUT WATCHING US NOT SCORE WEEK IN WEEK OUT IS NOT WHAT I HAD PLANNED AT THE START OF THE SEASON!

And to think people on here were saying we had the best strike force in the division, as far as I can see we have changed nothing (including the inevitable result)
 

Andy Scott

People/pundits state judge the tables after 10 games, its been 9 and we are bottom of the league I know Brighton was a hard game, but within those 9 teams 4 of them we should be beating on paper/playing budgets.
People say give him more it more time... for me we can only give him 3 more games max
 

Andy Scott

I think the fact that not even the cup run has bought Andy Scott much sympathy sums up how disastrous the start of this season has been. No doubt this joke will be allowed to run until late November/early December, by which time the tone for our season will have been well and truly set.

I bet Matthew Benham is loving this.

Careful. Do you know that he loving this?, are you guessing?, making it up?
Putting yourself in his shoes? What exactly, please tell me?
 

Andy Scott

to many changes made to personal has been his down fail so far
 

Andy Scott

I would suggest that tonight's result is not one to base any judgements on, Orient was, Walsall, Rochdale and Hartlepool were, the Carlisle performance was mighty worrying for all that were there. We were always going to lose tonight so my thoughts are the same as earlier. He is not the man to lead us forward.
 

Andy Scott

QUOTED - Sheerwater Bee - I'd give Scott until Xmas to turn things around. However if we're still in the relegation zone or just hovering above, then it's time for a change. I hope he can pull it off, but I'm starting to have my doubts.



I generally agree with this from another thread but am more confident he will do it. AS deserves this time and it is symptomatic of how crappy football has become over recent years that talk of sacking is so prevalent so early
 

Andy Scott

And to think people on here were saying we had the best strike force in the division, as far as I can see we have changed nothing (including the inevitable result)


How could anyone possible think we have the best strike force in the division ?
Cort is wreck, Forster is past retirement, Alexander is lower league journeyman and Charlie, well how can you tell whan all the poor sod gets are fecking balls 2 feet about his head......It's time for a change.
 

Andy Scott

At least he's on a rolling contract so less compensation than perhaps if we had agreed a long term deal after the last couple of years. Its funny it takes a manager 2 and a quarter seasons to prove himself as a decent manager and its all thrown away after 2 months of 1 season.
 

Andy Scott

I would suggest that tonight's result is not one to base any judgements on, Orient was, Walsall, Rochdale and Hartlepool were, the Carlisle performance was mighty worrying for all that were there. We were always going to lose tonight so my thoughts are the same as earlier. He is not the man to lead us forward.

How politely put NB. did you go tonight?
 

Andy Scott

A number of decent midfield players were available in the summer who I thought AS may have taken a punt on......Marc Pugh/John Spicer for instance.

Why didn't we look at them.......I know they are a bit too creative:fishing:
 

Andy Scott

How politely put NB. did you go tonight?

No chance mate, time off work and more money down the drain following this lot and the way we set up. Not a hope in hell.
207 there, which is sh*te, respect to the bods who made it.
 

Andy Scott

Scott was a better manager when he had little or no money to play with!

The extra funds have to date produce a poor league team this season consequenty it can only be a matter of time before the Directors say enough is enough.
 

Andy Scott

A number of decent midfield players were available in the summer who I thought AS may have taken a punt on......Marc Pugh/John Spicer for instance.

Why didn't we look at them.......I know they are a bit too creative:fishing:

John Spicer - there's man I would have loved to get. Too much of a free spirit I suspect.
 

Andy Scott

I would honestly be suprised if he was not still here in 3/4 weeks time as I think the board are looking at the long term and will probably consider this as a blip and balsnve it wiith the cup success. Whether that is the correct decision remains to be seen however I am of the opinion that nothing will be done in haste.
I am sure he will have to explain himself and in the interim consideration will be given to possible replacements however a win next saturday and subsequently somehow a result at Brum and the board would be in an invidious position to sack a manager.
Reckon no decisions will be taken till after the Birmingham game.
 

Andy Scott

3-5 more games to turn it around.

As for those mentioning Coppell, hasn't he retired?
 

Andy Scott

It blows my mind the complete hypocrisy among fans. We all complain, "there's no loyalty left in football" when a footballer/manager leaves for a better club, but the minute results go slightly haywire, everyone's calling for them to leave.

Andy Scott completely turned us around, got us promoted in his first full year as a manager, with a budget quite far off the top. He overachieved budget-wise the next year, finishing 9th. This year, when word gets around that we have a slightly higher budget, everyone's expecting we'll reach the playoffs (only because of the success we've recently had, which is due to Scott) and so after a poor start, everyone suddenly thinks Scott should go.

I can only hope that the board ignore what these 'fans' are wanting. We have stumbled across an immense manager that in the one season that we haven't started brightly in the league, we have outplayed much higher opposition, getting a lot of money from the cup and replaced two of our best players (dickson and schezney).

We are not gonna get relegated. We don't have a 'playoff' budget, so yes this year we might not get in the playoffs, but it would be completely absurd to change the manager after so much recent success.
 

Andy Scott

I wonder how influential Scott's flippant comment about 'tippy tappy' football pre-season is proving to be. I'm generally pretty optimistic and certainly against chopping and changing managers but I found that comment incredibly depressing and I'm very reluctant to defend Scott if he has no intention of playing football, entertaining and trying to score goals.

However, I get the impression the people running the club are refreshingly level headed and I reckon Scott's probably got October to sort things out. Two or three wins and things will look better - although it is getting to the point where we can write off the play-offs already.
 

Andy Scott

Careful. Do you know that he loving this?, are you guessing?, making it up?
Putting yourself in his shoes? What exactly, please tell me?

I assumed when I wrote that "Matthew Benham would be loving this" that the level of sarcasm implied meant that it didn't require a :fishing: graphic.

If I had invested a lot of money in a football club over the summer, and can see the possibility of it all going up in a League 2 size puff of smoke, I would not be happy. :(
 

Andy Scott

I would suggest that tonight's result is not one to base any judgements on, Orient was, Walsall, Rochdale and Hartlepool were, the Carlisle performance was mighty worrying for all that were there. We were always going to lose tonight so my thoughts are the same as earlier. He is not the man to lead us forward.

As a fellow insurgent l agree with all that but did have a feeling we would win tonight and backed that up at the bookies sadly.Not nice getting rid of staff but who ever that deed falls to at the club it should be carried out now.
 

Andy Scott

I assumed when I wrote that "Matthew Benham would be loving this" that the level of sarcasm implied meant that it didn't require a :fishing: graphic.

If I had invested a lot of money in a football club over the summer, and can see the possibility of it all going up in a League 2 size puff of smoke, I would not be happy. :(

Nor would I be but I was just checking you had not spoken to Matthew.
 

Andy Scott

It blows my mind the complete hypocrisy among fans. We all complain, "there's no loyalty left in football" when a footballer/manager leaves for a better club, but the minute results go slightly haywire, everyone's calling for them to leave.

Andy Scott completely turned us around, got us promoted in his first full year as a manager, with a budget quite far off the top. He overachieved budget-wise the next year, finishing 9th. This year, when word gets around that we have a slightly higher budget, everyone's expecting we'll reach the playoffs (only because of the success we've recently had, which is due to Scott) and so after a poor start, everyone suddenly thinks Scott should go.

I can only hope that the board ignore what these 'fans' are wanting. We have stumbled across an immense manager that in the one season that we haven't started brightly in the league, we have outplayed much higher opposition, getting a lot of money from the cup and replaced two of our best players (dickson and schezney).

We are not gonna get relegated. We don't have a 'playoff' budget, so yes this year we might not get in the playoffs, but it would be completely absurd to change the manager after so much recent success.

Chesney was not our player, much as I would have liked him to be
 

Andy Scott

We are not gonna get relegated but it would be completely absurd to change the manager after so much recent success.

have you seen the last few matches of last season compared to the start of this season, and do tell me our recent success?:eek:
 

Andy Scott

We were always going to lose tonight so my thoughts are the same as earlier.

Without realising it, you have highlighted a major symptom of our decline.

Last season, we went to places like Elland Road, The Den and friendly old Huddersfield - of all places - and although there was a good chance of coming away empty-handed, there was always a confidence that we might get something.

Tonight, I had us practically written off before a ball was kicked, and I haven't had that feeling about a Bees game for a couple of seasons. And on that diagnosis, we have definitely gone backwards.

I sincerely - and sadly - think that AS has taken us as far as he can.
 

Andy Scott

Loads of fair points in your post but that part simply isn't true, we really do have a budget offering us a PO chance.

Yes. I also think we won't get relegated and I'm confident that we'll get out of this. However, I feel cheated that we're only at the end of September and my aspirations for the season have already been dashed.
 

Andy Scott

Nor would I be but I was just checking you had not spoken to Matthew.

No chance! I have seen one photograph of him since he was first mentioned on here a few years ago. Quite weirdly, I find a low-profile investor reassuring.
 

Andy Scott

It is important to see how big the gap is between us and safety. I don't think you can afford knee-jerk reactions but neither can you afford to see a large gap open up between us and safety, even if there are a lot of games to go.

I'm torn. On the one hand I think Andy's done enough for us to deserve a chance to turn things around but on the other I think four goals in nine League games isn't good and we can't afford another downward spiral.
 

Andy Scott

I personally think that should the board decide to sack him, that they wait until after Birmingham away
 

Andy Scott

As a fellow insurgent l agree with all that but did have a feeling we would win tonight and backed that up at the bookies sadly.Not nice getting rid of staff but who ever that deed falls to at the club it should be carried out now.

Get Dean Holdsworth in .
 

Andy Scott

Yes. I also think we won't get relegated and I'm confident that we'll get out of this. However, I feel cheated that we're only at the end of September and my aspirations for the season have already been dashed.
I'm chilled, I gave up on Friday, it was over then. I've also learnt that not being there helps the stress levels, my lad said the same.
 

Andy Scott

It blows my mind the complete hypocrisy among fans. We all complain, "there's no loyalty left in football" when a footballer/manager leaves for a better club, but the minute results go slightly haywire, everyone's calling for them to leave.

Andy Scott completely turned us around, got us promoted in his first full year as a manager, with a budget quite far off the top. He overachieved budget-wise the next year, finishing 9th. This year, when word gets around that we have a slightly higher budget, everyone's expecting we'll reach the playoffs (only because of the success we've recently had, which is due to Scott) and so after a poor start, everyone suddenly thinks Scott should go.

I can only hope that the board ignore what these 'fans' are wanting. We have stumbled across an immense manager that in the one season that we haven't started brightly in the league, we have outplayed much higher opposition, getting a lot of money from the cup and replaced two of our best players (dickson and schezney).

We are not gonna get relegated. We don't have a 'playoff' budget, so yes this year we might not get in the playoffs, but it would be completely absurd to change the manager after so much recent success.

:imwith:

Thankfully the board thinks long term.
 

Andy Scott

Dont panic written in 40ft high letters on the Braemar Road stand ?
 

Andy Scott

No I agree that we have a PO chance, but I mean that we don't have one of the top 6 highest budgets in the league.

so where we are in the league today with the budget is pathetic
 

Andy Scott

have you seen the last few matches of last season compared to the start of this season, and do tell me our recent success?:eek:

So you say after one bad start to a season you sack the manager and start again?

Andy has done enough to prove that he is a good manager, and a little bit of loyalty from the fans is surely in order.
 

Andy Scott

AS also talks rubbish, he tells us Nicky Forster can only play 20minutes and he plays the whole game today? so how are we to believe the stuff he says?
 

Andy Scott

:imwith:

Thankfully the board thinks long term.

Yep the're probably planning their routes to Burton and Macclesfield as we speak :sorted:
 

Andy Scott

So you say after one bad start to a season you sack the manager and start again?

Andy has done enough to prove that he is a good manager, and a little bit of loyalty from the fans is surely in order.


But good manager's team don't score 4 goals in 9 games, what planet are you on ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom