Another Manager Poll

Who Should Be the Latest Next Manager?

  • Nicky Forster

    Votes: 139 27.0%
  • Gary Johnson

    Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Martin Allen

    Votes: 76 14.8%
  • Chris Hughton

    Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Steve Coppell

    Votes: 78 15.2%
  • Alan Curbishley

    Votes: 42 8.2%
  • Roberto di Matteo

    Votes: 82 16.0%
  • Paulo Sousa

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Dean Holdsworth

    Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Paul Buckle

    Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Keith Hill

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Jim Magilton

    Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Director of Football / Forster

    Votes: 126 24.5%
  • Someone Else (Please Add Name to Thread)

    Votes: 18 3.5%

  • Total voters
    514
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Manager Poll

If Fozzy doesnt get some kind of managerial role with us in the Summer hes put him self out of a job .Hes said him self that he would find it difficult to go back to just playing
 

Another Manager Poll

It is clear to all that at present we are not effective enough in the forward line and therefore it needs some change. What must not be forgotten is that up to Tuesday of last week NF was just a caretaker manager and if teh board deemed it necessary they would have appointed a new long term manager leaving NF as a player once again.

With this scenario I would imagine that some decisions regarding players were put on the back burner, however now it is his gig and I think if he wants to succeed he needs to show that he has the bottle for the tough decisions, as such I would like to hope that both Kev and Charlie are on the bench against Pool as this will send out a strong message to the team.
 

Another Manager Poll

It is clear to all that at present we are not effective enough in the forward line and therefore it needs some change. What must not be forgotten is that up to Tuesday of last week NF was just a caretaker manager and if teh board deemed it necessary they would have appointed a new long term manager leaving NF as a player once again

With this scenario I would imagine that some decisions regarding players were put on the back
burner, however now it is his gig and I think if he wants to succeed he needs to show that he has the bottle for the tough decisions, as such I would like to hope that both Kev and Charlie are on the bench against Pool as this will send out a strong message to the team.

If we want to end up top 10 this season we need a finisher, if we want to make the play offs next season we need s a better centre mid alongside Dave.
 

Another Manager Poll

If we want to end up top 10 this season we need a finisher, if we want to make the play offs next season we need s a better centre mid alongside Dave.

This is spot on. It has been clear since the autumn and AS's failure to rectify it was ultimately the reason he had to go. Now Nicky is with us until the end of the season, I would like to see him bring in a striker straightaway (accepting of course that this is easier said than done), but I would tolerate waiting until the summer. However, if by the start of next season, we do not have more quality in place in the midfield and up-front, we will be facing another six months of midtable mediocrity at best .
 

Another Manager Poll

Honeymoon period over then for Nicky.
6 games unbeaten. 4 wins but " We currently have another manager that doesn't relise the real problem..."
How long before you call for his head ?

:imwith:

Must win game today. If we lose Forster OUT. I've had enough of this season already. It promised so much. One minute hoofball, the next tippy tappy, no happy medium. GET IT SORTED :cry:

:banghead:

Now, on a more serious note................................. when is 'rebus' resigning and NB taking over in the boardroom? :banana:
 

Another Manager Poll


Also heard that on TalkSport this morning. Surpirsed to be honest - proved himself at that level with Yeovil and then went on to bigger and better things with Bristol City. Obviously needs to work.
 

Another Manager Poll

Honeymoon period over then for Nicky.
6 games unbeaten. 4 wins but " We currently have another manager that doesn't relise the real problem..."
How long before you call for his head ?

Not until it gets as dire as it was under AS, that would take some beating. But it does worry me that wasn't the first area he wanted to improve.
 

Another Manager Poll

I wouldn't waste your time abee. He has a very odd and seemingly unswayable view that all Brentford boards lack any sort of ambition and seemingly no amount of evidence to the contrary will alter his view.

Be great to be proved wrong but I can't see any evidence of ambition. Gates down this season, all the talk about a new stadium has turned out to be a mirage. Then a manager is appointed who has no experience whatsoever. This was the season fans were expecting a push for promotion, instead of which the club's just gone round in circles again.
 

Another Manager Poll

Be great to be proved wrong but I can't see any evidence of ambition. Gates down this season, all the talk about a new stadium has turned out to be a mirage. Then a manager is appointed who has no experience whatsoever. This was the season fans were expecting a push for promotion, instead of which the club's just gone round in circles again.

Stability comes first, success later. Forster is only in the job to the end of the season at the moment.

We are establishing ourselves as a League 1 club, and success doesnt come overnight. I understand people feel like we missed an oppertunity this season, but why is there this sudden expectation that we are going to be able to compete with the top budgets in this division?
 

Another Manager Poll

Be great to be proved wrong but I can't see any evidence of ambition. Gates down this season, all the talk about a new stadium has turned out to be a mirage. Then a manager is appointed who has no experience whatsoever. This was the season fans were expecting a push for promotion, instead of which the club's just gone round in circles again.

Then we're not explaining ourselves very well so I'll try again. I know that you wanted Andy Scott to remain in charge until the end of the season failing which the Club would according to you be destabilised (your advice to the board January 16) and I understand your disappointment. However my definition of a lack of ambition would be the board pegging the playing budget at a level that should just about ensure survival in League One when additional funding is made available by way of permanent capital injections and without increasing the debt. If you wanted to argue that we may not have had full value for the monies spent this season that's one thing but your constant criticisms that the board lacks ambition is harmful and unless slapped down can prove contagious with perhaps the more impressionable supporters.

Lionel Road is still the preferred option for a new stadium. Our original partners Barratts have dropped out.......these things happen and serious alternative options are under study. You seemingly dismiss the reports on Lionel Road and now claim that it is a mirage. That is your depressing take on the situation and which operating on a 'misery loves company' philosophy you try and impose on other supporters. Just give us a chance please or explain why you would think that the board has no ambition. Do you seriously believe that any of the current board is content with mere survival. We've been through that.......we survived Noades, we stabilised and now we're trying to look up. I posted some months ago that at the end of this season we'd look at where we could have done better and try not to make the same mistakes again. I know that this post will make no impression on you whatsoever and when you've chewed through the leather straps they'll be another thoroughly negative post from you but I'm gonna keep trying.
 

Another Manager Poll

Stability comes first, success later. Forster is only in the job to the end of the season at the moment.

We are establishing ourselves as a League 1 club, and success doesnt come overnight. I understand people feel like we missed an oppertunity this season, but why is there this sudden expectation that we are going to be able to compete with the top budgets in this division?

Last season was supposed to be the season of consolidation. The large budget this season was supposed to provide the springboard for a promotion push.
 

Another Manager Poll

Last season was supposed to be the season of consolidation. The large budget this season was supposed to provide the springboard for a promotion push.

Yes it was and in spite of your advice/instructions on January 16 regarding the team manager we made changes. Doesn't that at least tell you something.......no I guess not.
 

Another Manager Poll

Last season was supposed to be the season of consolidation. The large budget this season was supposed to provide the springboard for a promotion push.

I agree. We haven't got to where we expected and the manager paid the price. Forster stabilised the club, and in doing so earned himself a deal to the end of the season. I anticipate that in the summer our ambitious board will make more changes backroom and on the pitch and we will approach next season with renewed optimism. Just a shame that the season has ended up where it is - but we'll enjoy April 3rd hopefully.
 

Another Manager Poll

Last season was supposed to be the season of consolidation. The large budget this season was supposed to provide the springboard for a promotion push.

We dont have any divine right to success, and perhaps last season we overacheived and needed another consolidation season? There is no set in stone timetable for a promotion push, football is organic and things can move slowly. Just because we are not where we want to be doesnt mean that the club has no ambitition. It just means that we have to wait a bit longer and be a bit more patient.
 

Another Manager Poll

We dont have any divine right to success, and perhaps last season we overacheived and needed another consolidation season? There is no set in stone timetable for a promotion push, football is organic and things can move slowly. Just because we are not where we want to be doesnt mean that the club has no ambitition. It just means that we have to wait a bit longer and be a bit more patient.

I wish I'd said that.......in fact give me a couple of days when the punters have forgotten and I probably will........:)

Steve G and others confuse ambition with success. You can be ambitious but not be successful......in fact I'd say that probably applies to a majority of the FL clubs. The downside is that overambition can lead to disaster and it's controlled ambition that is the slow and steady route to sustained success.

Chelsea have not had a successful season by their own standards but I doubt anyone would write them off as being unambitious.
 

Another Manager Poll

I wish I'd said that.......in fact give me a couple of days when the punters have forgotten and I probably will........:)

Steve G and others confuse ambition with success. You can be ambitious but not be successful......in fact I'd say that probably applies to a majority of the FL clubs. The downside is that overambition can lead to disaster and it's controlled ambition that is the slow and steady route to sustained success.

Chelsea have not had a successful season by their own standards but I doubt anyone would write them off as being unambitious.

and they hung onto a dud manager for far too long too.;)
 

Another Manager Poll

and they hung onto a dud manager for far too long too.;)

:mad1::mad1::mad1:

Don't force me to find you and sort you out on Tuesday. My fists are registered as lethal weapons.

:mad1:
 

Another Manager Poll

Then we're not explaining ourselves very well so I'll try again. I know that you wanted Andy Scott to remain in charge until the end of the season failing which the Club would according to you be destabilised (your advice to the board January 16) and I understand your disappointment. However my definition of a lack of ambition would be the board pegging the playing budget at a level that should just about ensure survival in League One when additional funding is made available by way of permanent capital injections and without increasing the debt. If you wanted to argue that we may not have had full value for the monies spent this season that's one thing but your constant criticisms that the board lacks ambition is harmful and unless slapped down can prove contagious with perhaps the more impressionable supporters.

Lionel Road is still the preferred option for a new stadium. Our original partners Barratts have dropped out.......these things happen and serious alternative options are under study. You seemingly dismiss the reports on Lionel Road and now claim that it is a mirage. That is your depressing take on the situation and which operating on a 'misery loves company' philosophy you try and impose on other supporters. Just give us a chance please or explain why you would think that the board has no ambition. Do you seriously believe that any of the current board is content with mere survival. We've been through that.......we survived Noades, we stabilised and now we're trying to look up. I posted some months ago that at the end of this season we'd look at where we could have done better and try not to make the same mistakes again. I know that this post will make no impression on you whatsoever and when you've chewed through the leather straps they'll be another thoroughly negative post from you but I'm gonna keep trying.

All credit to you for putting your case on the GPG. I don't think my views have any effect at all on other supporters. The ones that post on GPG have their own strong views and certainly won't be swayed by mine. The real problem is that although the GPG may be a very active forum the club itself has an ever shrinking core support. I would be interested to know what concrete steps are being taken to address this. We can still get 10,000+ for big games but we need those people to attend on a regular basis.

My negative comments stem from total frustration at the lack of progress both on and off the pitch. Perhaps it's unfair to blame the current board but the problems seem endemic and I can see no signs of any major improvement. The idea of a new stadium was first mooted in 1996 and seems further away than ever. I just can't see how we can thrive in the championship, if we should ever get there, with the current crowd and revenue limitations.

My understanding was that additional funding had been made available this season with the intention of building a team that could challenge for promotion. It's a bitter disappointment that instead we have an average, mid-table team with a chronic shortage of goal power. The appointment of NF signals to me that the club is content with life in Divison 1. It's a huge ask to expect someone with zero experience to build a promotion chasing side and in particular find the kind of forwards like Holdsworth / Blissett, Forster (1997 version!)/Taylor that could put us in contention.

I will never accept that Brentford is just a small West London club and that expectations should be adjusted accordingly.
 

Another Manager Poll

All credit to you for putting your case on the GPG. I don't think my views have any effect at all on other supporters. The ones that post on GPG have their own strong views and certainly won't be swayed by mine. The real problem is that although the GPG may be a very active forum the club itself has an ever shrinking core support. I would be interested to know what concrete steps are being taken to address this. We can still get 10,000+ for big games but we need those people to attend on a regular basis.

My negative comments stem from total frustration at the lack of progress both on and off the pitch. Perhaps it's unfair to blame the current board but the problems seem endemic and I can see no signs of any major improvement. The idea of a new stadium was first mooted in 1996 and seems further away than ever. I just can't see how we can thrive in the championship, if we should ever get there, with the current crowd and revenue limitations.

My understanding was that additional funding had been made available this season with the intention of building a team that could challenge for promotion. It's a bitter disappointment that instead we have an average, mid-table team with a chronic shortage of goal power. The appointment of NF signals to me that the club is content with life in Divison 1. It's a huge ask to expect someone with zero experience to build a promotion chasing side and in particular find the kind of forwards like Holdsworth / Blissett, Forster (1997 version!)/Taylor that could put us in contention.

I will never accept that Brentford is just a small West London club and that expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

I think that the expectations have risen in accordance with MB's investment in the club and a increased budget. I would agree that we have not met those expectations yet and I, amongst many others was expecting a shot at the Playoffs, particularly given the lack of "big clubs" a la Leeds and Norwich this season.

As has been put more eloquently above, there are no guarantees in football and it is bloody obvious that mistakes were made in player recruitment and others have patently failed to deliver as expected. But I do not think it has been for the lack of trying - off the field and on. A Wembley appearance is also some compensation if not as good as a playoff position, I agree.

That does not show a lack of ambition, and IMO a lack of ambition would have been demonstrated either by keeping hold of a Manager who for whatever reasons had lost his Midas touch or by replacing him quickly with a reasonable retread replacement who has been around the block a few times (please insert names here).

Instead we have gone for an interim appointment - now extended to the end of the season to allow the Board time to make the optimum appointment.

I think it is also well recognised that we need to invest in strikers who may well cost a significant sum of money to obtain.

Like you I yearn for a team in the top 2 divisions - but hang on, we have only been out of the bottom 2 divisions for 1 season in the past 56 years or so.

That is bot to say that a playoff or even promotion push is not on for next season.

I would look again at the manager in charge and squad assembled in August before I start asserting that the club lacks ambition.
 

Another Manager Poll

I must admit to being disappointed we didn't go for Johnson, but on reflection, the fact that we didn't is possibly a positive and ambitious sign. I believe GJ would have jumped at the opportunity so it's not as if we didn't have the option.

I think we're waiting for another individual - and one I suspect is currently employed elsewhere (at the moment). If that's the case I wouldn't expect any major signings or spending on expensive forwards until the new man is in charge.
 

Another Manager Poll

Its interesting to read posters on here who still suggest that the club have been lax in not signing a new manager or they have followed the cheap option or are showing no ambition.

From my perspective I felt that under scott we were heading back to the bottom division and whilst we are not as yet safe I would suggest that the necessary points should be garnered over the next few weeks.

By appointing Forster the club have acknowledged the initial success that he has acheived and whilst I would imagine some wage adjustment has taken place we are not committed to any major expense on a new Manager which should go some way to covering the cost of terminating Scotts contract. NF has been giiven till the end of the season to see what he can produce and so that the board can have a far better idea of what life might be like with him as Manager.

The result today will give the board, Manager and supporters more of an idea of how NF will react, if we change things on Tuesday and get back to the earlier performances then this will show that he does have the inate ability to sort out the team, we may not win and everyone must accept that the players he has to chose from are in the majority those of his predecessor but if he shows that he can react in a positive manner then it will help his long term hopes.

I would hazard a guess that the board will have made their collective decision before the season ends and if they feel that NF is not the answer will be reviewing alternatives in order that they are on board at the start of the summer break thereby giving them the chance to get their own players, equally if NF has shown that he will be the long term answer then they can sit down with him and discuss player requirements and budgets.

In my opinion the Board have acted in a prudent manner have not wasted funds unecessarily and brought themselves time to ensure the correct appointment is made. The chances of getting promotion this season was lost prior to Scott being sacked and therefore I would far rather the board acted in the manner they have rather than go out and get a Johnson or Allen as a kneejerk reaction.
 

Another Manager Poll

:mad1::mad1::mad1:

Don't force me to find you and sort you out on Tuesday. My fists are registered as lethal weapons.

:mad1:

Keep em in your pockets abee,safe there.What about an assistant manager for Fozzy because he is gonna need one and need one sharpish.Could be a very important appointment abee,if not,then Fozzy doesnt stand much of a chance in my view.
 

Another Manager Poll

Its interesting to read posters on here who still suggest that the club have been lax in not signing a new manager or they have followed the cheap option or are showing no ambition.

From my perspective I felt that under scott we were heading back to the bottom division and whilst we are not as yet safe I would suggest that the necessary points should be garnered over the next few weeks.

By appointing Forster the club have acknowledged the initial success that he has acheived and whilst I would imagine some wage adjustment has taken place we are not committed to any major expense on a new Manager which should go some way to covering the cost of terminating Scotts contract. NF has been giiven till the end of the season to see what he can produce and so that the board can have a far better idea of what life might be like with him as Manager.

The result today will give the board, Manager and supporters more of an idea of how NF will react, if we change things on Tuesday and get back to the earlier performances then this will show that he does have the inate ability to sort out the team, we may not win and everyone must accept that the players he has to chose from are in the majority those of his predecessor but if he shows that he can react in a positive manner then it will help his long term hopes.

I would hazard a guess that the board will have made their collective decision before the season ends and if they feel that NF is not the answer will be reviewing alternatives in order that they are on board at the start of the summer break thereby giving them the chance to get their own players, equally if NF has shown that he will be the long term answer then they can sit down with him and discuss player requirements and budgets.

In my opinion the Board have acted in a prudent manner have not wasted funds unecessarily and brought themselves time to ensure the correct appointment is made. The chances of getting promotion this season was lost prior to Scott being sacked and therefore I would far rather the board acted in the manner they have rather than go out and get a Johnson or Allen as a kneejerk reaction.

We have lost Johnson now and other managers will come and go,End of season is the wrong time to appoint a new manager as he will not know what he has to work with before the season starts.
Nicky Forster is a gamble that perhaps we shouldn't be taking. (but what do i know).
 

Another Manager Poll

We have lost Johnson now and other managers will come and go,End of season is the wrong time to appoint a new manager as he will not know what he has to work with before the season starts.Nicky Forster is a gamble that perhaps we shouldn't be taking. (but what do i know).

Based on the present squad not very much which was why I suggested that whoever was taking over, if applicable, would be in the wings before the season ends.
 

Another Manager Poll

I would look again at the manager in charge and squad assembled in August before I start asserting that the club lacks ambition.

Fair enough, let's leave making a judgement until August. It's just that another season has drifted away and the Championship is becoming an ever tougher league to compete in. I'm worried if we leave it too long it may become as massive a step up as the Premiership is. Last time round we bottled it and we can't afford another failure once we get there.
 

Another Manager Poll

Instead we have gone for an interim appointment - now extended to the end of the season to allow the Board time to make the optimum appointment.

I struggle to see what is going to happen in the summer though. Will Nicky get the job anyway? Do the board have a shortlist to work from, and can they possibly plan at this stage? I happen to think close season is the best time to rebuild from the bottom (we will need a new manager by late June so he can get on with doing the much needed surgery on the midfield and attack so the one-goal-a-game ratio is never to be repeated).

I suspect that if another manager is brought in this summer, it will be reported in the media as the club ditching another manager, even though the arrangement is clearly until the end of the season. What happens to Nicky at this point? Does he return to the bench? Will the next manager be duty-bound to have Nicky as an assistant? Will Nicky want to retreat to that after having a taste of management? I do not think this master plan is as easy as it sounds. It promises to be a very interesting few months though and I am hoping the wait will be worthwhile.
 

Another Manager Poll

Bee interesting to know if the "shortlist" are still available come June time.

Dont quite understand what NF has to do to get the job full time come June or understand what he doesnt do to not get the job full time come June???

We not going to the play offs / we aint gonna go down........................surely the whole thing doesnt hinge on Wem-ber-lee????
 

Another Manager Poll

Dont quite understand what NF has to do to get the job full time come June???
Just not make a complete bollox of it would be my guess :shrug:. Seems fairly obvious to me that the job is his and that the 'end of the season' malarkey is just a safety net in case things go hideously breasts north. Beating nine men and not losing 3-0 (or whatever the final score was) to Hartlefeckinpool would probably be a step in the right direction :yes:.
 

Another Manager Poll

Just not make a complete bollox of it would be my guess :shrug:. Seems fairly obvious to me that the job is his and that the 'end of the season' malarkey is just a safety net in case things go hideously breasts north. Beating nine men and not losing 3-0 (or whatever the final score was) to Hartlefeckinpool would probably be a step in the right direction :yes:.

I sincerely hope you're wrong and that the board are not just pretending to be looking for the right manager to take the Bees to the championship. Perhaps my earlier tongue in cheek remark about a short list of one was not so wide of the mark after all.
 

Another Manager Poll

I struggle to see what is going to happen in the summer though. Will Nicky get the job anyway? Do the board have a shortlist to work from, and can they possibly plan at this stage? I happen to think close season is the best time to rebuild from the bottom (we will need a new manager by late June so he can get on with doing the much needed surgery on the midfield and attack so the one-goal-a-game ratio is never to be repeated).

I suspect that if another manager is brought in this summer, it will be reported in the media as the club ditching another manager, even though the arrangement is clearly until the end of the season. What happens to Nicky at this point? Does he return to the bench? Will the next manager be duty-bound to have Nicky as an assistant? Will Nicky want to retreat to that after having a taste of management? I do not think this master plan is as easy as it sounds. It promises to be a very interesting few months though and I am hoping the wait will be worthwhile.

It's not a case of what Nicky wants or doesn't want, it's a case of the board finding the right manager to fulfil its ambitions to a) take the club into the Championship and b) ensure it stays there. Any other scenario would mean that the fans have been subjected by the board to a severe dose of spin doctoring.
 

Another Manager Poll

It's not really been mentioned but anybody think John Still would be a good shout?
Has worked miracles at the Daggers with absolutely no cash and he has a real eye for non-league talent.
An under rated manager in my opinion and could be good.
 

Another Manager Poll

It's not really been mentioned but anybody think John Still would be a good shout?
Has worked miracles at the Daggers with absolutely no cash and he has a real eye for non-league talent.
An under rated manager in my opinion and could be good.

He will not leave Dagenham, he is Dagenham and Redbridge FC. Without him they would be back in non-league football.
 

Another Manager Poll

Worth giving it a go in my opinion! nothing to lose....
 

Another Manager Poll

steve g seems very confident about us getting into the championship, from where im standing we are as far away from it now as weve ever been
 

Another Manager Poll

I think giving a new manager the job on the last few days of the season gives him enough time to see what the players are about. And if he gets to watch the last few games he should get an idea of the squad. There is no point in rushing in a new manager, I would rather him start with a clean slate.

Steve Coppell didnt join us midway through the season, and he got us to the play offs?
 

Another Manager Poll

Our esteemed Chief Executive stated that a list of requirements for the new manager had been drawn up. I assume it must have read:

Must have no previous football management experience
No record of success over a period of time
Only a short term appointment needed
Limited League 1 experience
Must not have worked with the assistant manager/ coach, etc.

Sorry, Forster is a major gaff....it's a simple management rule in business that you come up with a criteria and do not compromise, even if you have to wait for the righrt person.
 
Last edited:

Another Manager Poll

Our esteemed Chief Executive stated that a list of requirements for the new manager had been drawn up. I assume it must have read:

Must have no previous football management experience
No record of success over a period of time
Only a short term appointment needed
Limited League 1 experience
Must not have worked with the assistant manager/ coach, etc.

Sorry, Forster is a major gaff....it's a simple management rule in business that you come up with a criteria and do not compromise, even if you have to wait for the righrt person.

Forster's been placed in charge until the end of the season. Did you not consider that this was to allow the Board sufficient time to find a manager for next season who fulfills the criteria you've listed above ?
 

Another Manager Poll

We have lost Johnson now and other managers will come and go,End of season is the wrong time to appoint a new manager as he will not know what he has to work with before the season starts.
Nicky Forster is a gamble that perhaps we shouldn't be taking. (but what do i know).

This is the biggest problem imo the new manager not knowing who he wants and who he doesnt than we have this problem of gelling next year.
 

Another Manager Poll

We have lost Johnson now and other managers will come and go,End of season is the wrong time to appoint a new manager as he will not know what he has to work with before the season starts.
Nicky Forster is a gamble that perhaps we shouldn't be taking. (but what do i know).
Much as I respect and admire Nicky Forster as a player, to appoint him as manager on a permanent basis at the end of the season would be mental, do the people who run this club never learn from previous mistakes. We are in exactly the same position as when we got rid of Terry Butcher, Andy Scott came in turned things around and then his total lack of managerial experience came to the fore.
 

Another Manager Poll

Our esteemed Chief Executive stated that a list of requirements for the new manager had been drawn up. I assume it must have read:

Must have no previous football management experience
No record of success over a period of time
Only a short term appointment needed
Limited League 1 experience
Must not have worked with the assistant manager/ coach, etc.

Sorry, Forster is a major gaff....it's a simple management rule in business that you come up with a criteria and do not compromise, even if you have to wait for the righrt person.


Presumably by appointing NF till the end of the season we have given the board the time to wait for the right person therefore following your simple management rule.

Personally I would prefer the present situation rather than just going for the first "named" manager that comes along and perhaps have a tad more faith in the ambition of the board in that they will be looking at the best possible candidate to take us to the next level, whether they will be succesful in finding him remains to be seen and football is littered with managers who have not lived up to expectations placed upon them.

We are still in the early days of Forsters reign and following the result yesterday it will be interesting to see how he and the team react, at this stage we cannot know whether we have a gem like Howe when at Bournemouth or just a nice lad who the players are enjoying playing for but who has not got the ability or steel to take us forward.

Time will tell but for now I am happy to watch football that is far more pleasant on the eye than that which has been served up in the recent past.
 

Another Manager Poll

It's not really been mentioned but anybody think John Still would be a good shout?
Has worked miracles at the Daggers with absolutely no cash and he has a real eye for non-league talent.
An under rated manager in my opinion and could be good.

exactly where we dont want to be going imho .It would be fantastic if we were in league two without a pot to piss in but I gather our aims are higher
 

Another Manager Poll

Our esteemed Chief Executive stated that a list of requirements for the new manager had been drawn up. I assume it must have read:

Must have no previous football management experience
No record of success over a period of time
Only a short term appointment needed
Limited League 1 experience
Must not have worked with the assistant manager/ coach, etc.

Sorry, Forster is a major gaff....it's a simple management rule in business that you come up with a criteria and do not compromise, even if you have to wait for the righrt person.

Quite. How long is Forster's contract?
 

Another Manager Poll

This is the biggest problem imo the new manager not knowing who he wants and who he doesnt than we have this problem of gelling next year.

Your right in imho that would be a disaster , but hopefully our new manager will watch from the stands in the last few games and know who he wants or does,nt want before being officially named by the club. Now that would be the smart thing to do but i won,t hold my breath .:rolleyes:
 

Another Manager Poll

Much as I respect and admire Nicky Forster as a player, to appoint him as manager on a permanent basis at the end of the season would be mental, do the people who run this club never learn from previous mistakes. We are in exactly the same position as when we got rid of Terry Butcher, Andy Scott came in turned things around and then his total lack of managerial experience came to the fore.

With respect, hurtling towards the conference under Butcher is not the same as the situation we face now.

If appointing a manager and then seeing them win the League within 18 months is a mistake then bring it on, quite frankly. Struggling in the Championship is a problem I'd gladly welcome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom