Boxing

Boxing

Brilliant fight, boxing as it should be. Two great fighters putting on an honest contest, no bullshit, no mouthing off, respecting each other. Fantastic finish by Joshua, I reckon he was more than happy to go to the late rounds tonight despite it being new territory.

One of the few boxing ppv main events I've watched that have been worth the (a mate's :) )money.
 

Boxing

...........well done AJ............an excellent fight and atmosphere........
 

Boxing

Couldn't believe that Vladimir didn't go down after that uppercut in the 11th obviously knocked the stuffing out of him, but what a fight
 

Boxing

Probably the best fight I have seen for years, two absolute warriors. AJ needed that as I reckon if it had gone the distance he would have lost on points. Well worth the £20 for once!
 

Boxing

Probably the best fight I have seen for years, two absolute warriors. AJ needed that as I reckon if it had gone the distance he would have lost on points. Well worth the £20 for once!

AJ was ahead on 2 of the scorecards by the time of the stoppage.

Agreed it was a great fight though. Thought WK should have gone in more for the kill after AJ went down in the 6th.
 

Boxing

AJ was ahead on 2 of the scorecards by the time of the stoppage.

Agreed it was a great fight though. Thought WK should have gone in more for the kill after AJ went down in the 6th.

I wasn't aware of that. I'm no boxing expert but I had WK ahead.
 

Boxing

Looking forward to him killing tyson fury
 

Boxing

Boxing

Couldn't believe that Vladimir didn't go down after that uppercut in the 11th obviously knocked the stuffing out of him, but what a fight

Sounded great on Five Live, despite the awful comentator, almost wish I'd paid for Sky Box Office now.
 

Boxing

I was surprised how two of the judges were scoring it.
I agreed with the one who had VK up by two rounds.
Honestly, I thought that the ref stopped it early as I don't think he was really badly hurt, even after the knock downs. He was covering up on the ropes to clear his head. AJ only landed one punch after the second knock down, the rest were taken on the arms.
Having seen the ridiculous judging though it wouldn't have mattered.
 

Boxing

Have to say that both fighters impressed and surprised me last night. I didn't think VK still had a fight like that in him, in fact he looked better than he has in any of his last few fights. Equally AJ showed he could cope with what was chucked at him and showed some real heart in the 'championship' rounds, territory where he has never been before.
 

Boxing

I was surprised how two of the judges were scoring it.
I agreed with the one who had VK up by two rounds.
Honestly, I thought that the ref stopped it early as I don't think he was really badly hurt, even after the knock downs. He was covering up on the ropes to clear his head. AJ only landed one punch after the second knock down, the rest were taken on the arms.
Having seen the ridiculous judging though it wouldn't have mattered.

I had assumed he was well down on the card and need a KO to win got the feeling he and his corner thought the same
 

Boxing

Maybe the end for Brook. That Golovkin fight appears to have some long term repercussions
 

Boxing

What is the point of this Mayweather v McGregor nonsense. I was watching a bit of the pre fight hype roadshow yesterday and it looked like WWE, absolutely ridiculous. I then heard on the radio that the cost of the pay per view is £77, is that right? I can't believe any boxing fan would have any interest in shelving out £77 for any fight let alone this one.
 

Boxing

Just find a stream online, I'm sure there will be one, at least!

It's a bit crap all this touring the world stuff to showcase the fight. What the hell for? Waste of time and I don't think it does boxing any good.
 

Boxing

Good interview with George Groves on the 5Live Boxing Show last night. Took place in a small gym where he started out, in the shadow of the Grenfell Tower. Worth catching up with the podcast.

In other news Vladimir Klitchko doesn't fancy stepping into the ring with Joshua again and has retired. Fair play to him - he's had a great career.
 

Boxing

In other news Vladimir Klitchko doesn't fancy stepping into the ring with Joshua again and has retired. Fair play to him - he's had a great career.

Thought they had a re-match all arranged.
 

Boxing

good fight between Golovkin and Canelo just now... although it never quite got there. both just a bit too good to get hit properly by the other. i actually thought Canelo did more but the consensus seems to be for GGG (and i'm far from an expert on boxing!). a draw's a big shame in a way, but at least neither of them notches a loss that'll be used to discredit them. and maybe (hopefully) there'll be a rematch...
 

Boxing

good fight between Golovkin and Canelo just now... although it never quite got there. both just a bit too good to get hit properly by the other. i actually thought Canelo did more but the consensus seems to be for GGG (and i'm far from an expert on boxing!). a draw's a big shame in a way, but at least neither of them notches a loss that'll be used to discredit them. and maybe (hopefully) there'll be a rematch...
Almost certainly will be a re-match.
 

Boxing

Almost certainly will be a re-match.

i would imagine so but, it took a while to get them together for this match - so i certainly wouldn't be "surprised" for the camps to fall out in rematch negotiations :(
 

Boxing

For anybody interested in life and times of Mike Tyson, I watched a fascinating, honest and humorous one-man show (by the man himself) on Sky Atlantic last night called “ Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth “ I can’t say I was a fan of his, however he talks about the man in the ring; and the most self destructive man out of it. A very frank insight to Tyson's life - warts and all. Interesting to watch how bad a physical / mental state he was in for some of his big fights. A great insight into a complex and traumatised individual, a rollercoaster ride of a show and I highly recommend it.
 
Last edited:

Boxing

Proper fight this evening. As much as I love Eubank's father I would love to see Groves spark Junior right out. I suspect it will be quite a tactical fight though so Groves on points maybe.

Haven't seen who's on the undercard, just hope there's some decent scraps on too.
 

Boxing

Proper fight this evening. As much as I love Eubank's father I would love to see Groves spark Junior right out. I suspect it will be quite a tactical fight though so Groves on points maybe.

Haven't seen who's on the undercard, just hope there's some decent scraps on too.
Is that on anything other than Sky Box Office or Box Nation?
 

Boxing

Yep looking forward to this tonight - but I'm shattered (bloody baby) so might not last the distance!
 

Boxing

I'm backing Ricky's selection at far more than evens. So obviously that's easy money.
 

Boxing

Good to see the ring girls.

Make the most of it. F1 is going to have 'grid kids' instead.

Will boxing have lots of kids jabbing each other to the head and these be called the 'ring stings?'

I'll get my coat.
 

Boxing

interesting but never quite got there. i always get the feeling with Eubank that he tells himself he's 'ard and a warrior etc etc, but i'm not sure he really is, deep down :shrug: (obviously i wouldn't be saying that to his face, as i'm definitely not!) - just have a feeling he might be very good but not great. depends how he learns from this, i guess.
 

Boxing

interesting but never quite got there. i always get the feeling with Eubank that he tells himself he's 'ard and a warrior etc etc, but i'm not sure he really is, deep down :shrug: (obviously i wouldn't be saying that to his face, as i'm definitely not!) - just have a feeling he might be very good but not great. depends how he learns from this, i guess.

Maybe get Warbs in as his manager.
 

Boxing

I'm really pleased Groves won, he is a classy geezer. Eubanks needs to go down to Middleweight to win a world title I think.
 

Boxing

interesting but never quite got there. i always get the feeling with Eubank that he tells himself he's 'ard and a warrior etc etc, but i'm not sure he really is, deep down :shrug: (obviously i wouldn't be saying that to his face, as i'm definitely not!) - just have a feeling he might be very good but not great. depends how he learns from this, i guess.

I think he is all warrior and not much technique and tactic. A different team in his corner and dropping down to middleweight and he will have a decent career ahead of him.
 

Boxing

Very big knockout for Dillian White tonight, totally dominated Brown and floored him with a big hit. Brown was slow and pretty rubbish but White was pretty impressive.
 

Boxing

An appalling mis-match.

A boxer against what looked like a very overweight doorman.
 
Back
Top Bottom