Boxing

Boxing

I. Similar to prem football, really. I'm surprised there is still mass demand for sky sports, when people baulk at the cost of a licence fee.

People just need to shop around a bit. I have put off sky forever as I hear about insane monthly costs then I just got a pay monthly deal for all sports for 34 pound with no contract before hanworth bee pointed out a deal to buy nine months up front for just 150 gbp. Now that is a complete bargain on anyone’s book!
 

Boxing

Haye is finished now, surely.?
 

Boxing

Money well spent seeing Haye smashed to pieces by the fat scouser. The undercard was really good quality as well. I would recommend to anyone that you watch this next Saturday when they play it on a normal sports channel.
 

Boxing

Money well spent seeing Haye smashed to pieces by the fat scouser. The undercard was really good quality as well. I would recommend to anyone that you watch this next Saturday when they play it on a normal sports channel.

Watched it on Youtube earlier and Haye is really shot as a boxer now. He used to be quick and dangerous but he Bellew , who is a brawler really, was quicker and slicker than Haye by a mile. I like Bellew, he knows his limitations but he has done well and is an entertainer.
 

Boxing

Come on AJ!!!
 

Boxing

A couple of digs from the Russian has hurt AJ!! Busted nose?
 

Boxing

Wow. Round 7. BOOM ? !!!

AJ :)
 

Boxing

brilliant finish by AJ, done well to come back from two tough opening rounds.
 

Boxing

I'm a bit behind, but R7 has finished and they are both still in it.
 

Boxing

I'm a bit behind, but R7 has finished and they are both still in it.

You must be on the Vladimir Putin dodgy stream then!! lol



Ask for your money back!!

I bet Russia won the World Cup too! lol
 

Boxing

Surely wilder will smash fury and then we will see wilder and AJ next year, think wilder will have too much for fury who's gone back to the big leagues quite quickly considering the state he was in
 

Boxing

Wilder is a really crude fighter.
Fury will beat him on points comfortably.
 

Boxing

Wilder is a really crude fighter.
Fury will beat him on points comfortably.

Not sure Fury is ready for Wilder anytime soon and has to be nearer to 100% fit mentally and physically or will have wasted his chance.

AJ to beat White next and then at some stage it will be some fight to see a fit Fury vs AJ.
I really like AJ, he’s a class act, great ambassador for the Sport, Sky and the UK and earned his titles but Fury is a huge, incredibly hard freak who will really hurt anyone he connects with so a really tough call.
 

Boxing

Not sure Fury is ready for Wilder anytime soon and has to be nearer to 100% fit mentally and physically or will have wasted his chance.

AJ to beat White next and then at some stage it will be some fight to see a fit Fury vs AJ.
I really like AJ, he’s a class act, great ambassador for the Sport, Sky and the UK and earned his titles but Fury is a huge, incredibly hard freak who will really hurt anyone he connects with so a really tough call.

I think Fury may have rushed for the big fight too soon, I would have had him fight once maybe twice more against better quality fighters to get the rustiness out of the system, maybe someone like Chisora (again) or Ortiz (who took Wilder 10 rounds). If Fury beats Wilder then he really will have stamped his mark on the heavyweight division and a fight against AJ will be very, very close I think.
 

Boxing

I think Fury may have rushed for the big fight too soon, I would have had him fight once maybe twice more against better quality fighters to get the rustiness out of the system, maybe someone like Chisora (again) or Ortiz (who took Wilder 10 rounds). If Fury beats Wilder then he really will have stamped his mark on the heavyweight division and a fight against AJ will be very, very close I think.

:imwith: My thoughts entirely, I’d add that Fury is such a loose cannon that if he’s not right and gets beat by Wilder I fear for his wellbeing. Tyson is fantastic entertainment and no doubt will end up being the subject of a great film one day. I just hope it has a happy ending.
 

Boxing

Have just seen a trailer on SSN that you can watch this fight again, but it will cost you £19.95. What? Charging top dollar for repeats now?
 

Boxing

Have just seen a trailer on SSN that you can watch this fight again, but it will cost you £19.95. What? Charging top dollar for repeats now?

Or just go onto youtube and watch it there..............sorry sonofabee.
 

Boxing

Oh yeah. Watching the one in March lol

I hope he wins!

Are you sure you hadn't tuned in to a showing of Rocky on ITV4? You must have been thinking it was a very long build up to the fight and that Eddie Hearn had gone with a 'back to the 70s' theme.
 

Boxing

Proper value for money this boy isn’t he. He fights every one and never hides from the dangerous men, he is very good and it’s always a scrap.

It shows that you can be a ruthless fighter and still show constant respect before, during and after a fight, so refreshing to not have to listen to the boring trash talk that all sounds the same and means nothing.
 

Boxing

Proper value for money this boy isn’t he. He fights every one and never hides from the dangerous men, he is very good and it’s always a scrap.

It shows that you can be a ruthless fighter and still show constant respect before, during and after a fight, so refreshing to not have to listen to the boring trash talk that all sounds the same and means nothing.

Breathe of fresh air compared to the rest of the meat heads
 

Boxing

Proper value for money this boy isn’t he. He fights every one and never hides from the dangerous men, he is very good and it’s always a scrap.

It shows that you can be a ruthless fighter and still show constant respect before, during and after a fight, so refreshing to not have to listen to the boring trash talk that all sounds the same and means nothing.

Yep good way to put it, my thoughts exactly. Can't really understand the criticism he gets (except for the general need of some people to be "haters" :rolleyes: )
 

Boxing

Surely Groves is finished now?
 

Boxing

Yep good way to put it, my thoughts exactly. Can't really understand the criticism he gets (except for the general need of some people to be "haters" :rolleyes: )

He can only beats what there. He's beating every top fighter in that division pretty much. Wilder and Fury will offer different tests but I wouldn't bet against AJ
 

Boxing

BT fight night at Brentwood tonight. Chap called Garton a Millwall fan is fighting and it has sparked off in the crowd.
 

Boxing

Just seen the Bellew v Usyk fight. Usyk was just relentless in the 7th and 8th rounds. No escape from the pressure he was able to put on Bellew.
 

Boxing

Just seen the Bellew v Usyk fight. Usyk was just relentless in the 7th and 8th rounds. No escape from the pressure he was able to put on Bellew.

I watched it tonight for the first time too. Usyk was just too big and strong for him. Bellew was knocked into next week by the last two punches. Both behaved like gentlemen afterwards.
 

Boxing

Really impressed with the manner of both boxers. Bellew for all his bravado, is a proper nice chap.
 

Boxing

Good luck to Ricky ?
again
I believe he fights on Saturday
1 Dec at York hall...
 

Boxing

Massive fight Saturday -leaning towards Tyson myself, hope he wins but going to be a close one!
 

Boxing

My gut instinct is Wilder by KO....However, Fury has a habit making fighters look very ordinary. I don't rate Wilder as a Boxer but he does carry enormous power so is always dangerous.
I don't think it has the makings of a classic.
Fury will have lovers & haters....I like him, he bursts with charisma but can see why he has "many" haters.
I would like to see Wilder hit the canvas and If he can replicate what Joshua did against Klitschko, that is get back up and win the fight, he would have earned the respect of millions and a super fight with Joshua has to be next.
 

Boxing

a super fight with Joshua has to be next.

Where hopefully, either Wilder or Fury get their arses handed to them on a plate.

Quite looking forward to the spectacle on Sunday morning... my youngest is a big boxing fan and twisted my arm to get BT sports... "It's too important to just stream it, Dad". :rolleyes:
 

Boxing

I'd be surprised if Wilder hasn't been sparring to cope with Fury's style. On that basis l think he will knock Fury out.
 

Boxing

I thought Wilder got the upper hand yesterday. The pre fight build up is Fury's bread and butter but he was rattled yesterday. It's an interesting one. Im not sure if Fury is ready. But who knows
 

Boxing

Wilder is very, very crude.
He has for the most part fought absolute nobodies.
He is also a knob.
As a boxing fan, I hope Fury wins.
 

Boxing

just think that it's too much too soon for Fury. fair play to him for giving it a go, but it feels like an over-reach. fairly in line with gashbee's assessment in that while Fury is obviously a bit of a knob, can't help but find him engaging. and agree with Bob in that i hope Joshua wipes the floor with either of them.
 

Boxing

just think that it's too much too soon for Fury. fair play to him for giving it a go, but it feels like an over-reach. fairly in line with gashbee's assessment in that while Fury is obviously a bit of a knob, can't help but find him engaging. and agree with Bob in that i hope Joshua wipes the floor with either of them.

It’s only an over-reach if you think Wilder is any good.

Personally, I don’t think he is. For all his 40 wins, he has fought absolutely no-one of any substance except for a 45 year old Cuban with high blood pressure, who’s record isn’t all that anyway.

I guess we will find out if DW is the real deal on Sunday morning.

Also I can’t stand “AJ” and can't wait for the day I see him unconscious on the floor, if only to see the look on Eddie Hearns face.
 

Boxing

I'd be surprised if Wilder hasn't been sparring to cope with Fury's style. On that basis l think he will knock Fury out.

I do hope you're right.
 

Boxing

Back
Top Bottom