Clinton Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Morrison

At last a very good forward AKA as the Dark Destroyer in Dublin. This guy had it all. The first regular Rep of Ireland player to play for us. The money is definitely going down on us winning tomorrow! No more donkey donaldson and hopefully he plays with Saido.

Donaldson is far from a donkey.... yes he hasnt scored the goals we hoped for but they are there a run of 2x games scoring and he will fly. He wants it so bad thats why he keeps snatching at shots. He will come good, its always him playing someone else in and we need that someone to play him in now and again thats the truth of it. league 2 or not you dontbecome the highest scorer by fluke!!!!! Maybe Uwe should watch some vids of him playing for crewe and see what his strengthts are. Look at charlie mac doing well as mk are using him to his strengths!!!
 

Clinton Morrison

Donaldson is far from a donkey... etc.
Can I have some of what you're on? While I agree he's not a donkey, let's hope Clinton can do what Clayton has failed to; he's had 30 opportunities to score in consecutive games and it's not happened. I doubt he'd score twice behind King's Cross. MacDonald's 9 goals for MKD may look great compared with Donaldson but I'd not call that "doing well". Yes, apart from Alexander, we've had a disastrous season up front. You knew what you got with Gary but the season will be remembered for the failure of Donaldson, the failure of Grella and the failure of the management to bring in strikers in general.
 

Clinton Morrison

I also think Clayton could do a fantastic job behind the front two or on just left or right. He is one on the better players this year apart from the goals part. If we can find him a new position I think he has a huge part to play at Brentford FC
 

Clinton Morrison

Hilarious- Donaldson's touch and confidence is gone and should be dispatched to the reserves until he scores regularly-QED
 

Clinton Morrison

I do beleive that Rosler has been very patient with Clayton, more so than Chelsea and Liverpool have been with their non performing forwards, but I beleive that presuming Morrison is fit enough now is the time to relegate Clayton to the bench, as if nothing else he would be an option to play wide.
 

Clinton Morrison

I do beleive that Rosler has been very patient with Clayton, more so than Chelsea and Liverpool have been with their non performing forwards, but I beleive that presuming Morrison is fit enough now is the time to relegate Clayton to the bench, as if nothing else he would be an option to play wide.

I believe CD scored his goals for Crewe in a 4-3-3 position with him featuring wide in the front three. So not as a target man or one necessarily feeding directly off a central striker. I agree he is a wide player and maybe that's where we should use him.
 

Clinton Morrison

I think that Clinton will compliment CD well... welcome!
 

Clinton Morrison

Giving out lots of instructions before the game to Donaldson and Berahino. Seems a positive character to have around.
 

Clinton Morrison

Giving out lots of instructions before the game to Donaldson and Berahino. Seems a positive character to have around.

Agreed and gave plenty of encouragement when he got on and seemed like he was really enjoying himself.

Perhaps he has decided I have made my money and now want to lead the line and become a legend over the next 2,3 or 4 years at Brentford or another lower league club:bound:

Clinton attitude has converted me to thinking he might be just what this young squad need. Also Donaldson scored:bound::bound::bound:
 

Clinton Morrison

Played the elder statesman today for sure, he certainly isn't quiet on the pitch.
 

Clinton Morrison

Yep attitude looked excellent he loves flitting about and geeing people and still clearly has the legs and mobility levels to have an impact. Delighted we've got him.
 

Clinton Morrison

...........yep............very vocal..........good to have another 'older head' around the team.............
 

Clinton Morrison

Loads of instructions as soon as he got on. Seems good :)

Hopefully we can get him next year, if we end this season well and Uwe sells next season to him well we could end up with him. We need more experience in the squad and he'd be a very positive character to have around.
 

Clinton Morrison

:confused: Has Donaldson started scoring regularly then?

Nope, just makes me laugh how you're talking about one of our best players this season being dropped to the reserves. Yes, he's been dreadful in front of goal, but what he adds to our overall game is so underrated. The goal just makes it even funnier.
 

Clinton Morrison

Nope, just makes me laugh how you're talking about one of our best players this season being dropped to the reserves. Yes, he's been dreadful in front of goal, but what he adds to our overall game is so underrated. The goal just makes it even funnier.
I'm not talking about anyone getting dropped to the reserves :confused:

He scored a good goal today, but that is still only 6 in 42. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
 

Clinton Morrison

I'm not talking about anyone getting dropped to the reserves :confused:

He scored a good goal today, but that is still only 6 in 42. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I think he was refering to King John not you.
 

Clinton Morrison

I'm not talking about anyone getting dropped to the reserves :confused:

He scored a good goal today, but that is still only 6 in 42. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sorry, i was referring to King John, not you.. No I know, the 6 in 42 needs to badly be improved, but what he adds to the overall game makes up for the lack of goals IMO
 

Clinton Morrison

"I met someone else on Wednesday but we got a tip as time was running out," said Uwe.
"I phoned [Sheffield Wednesday Manager] Dave Jones and he had just signed two players, so I called at the right time.
"Clinton is a very bubbly person.
"He is very experienced.
"He is maybe not 100 per cent match fit at the moment but we knew he would probably need more time.
"In the dressing room, getting a player with his pedigree, and one who wants to show himself, it was a no-brainer."

:sorted:
 

Clinton Morrison

Sorry, i was referring to King John, not you.. No I know, the 6 in 42 needs to badly be improved, but what he adds to the overall game makes up for the lack of goals IMO

Not far behind that prolific goalscorer Charlie Mac who has 9 I believe. Might even overtake him by the end of the season:D. CD is a very good player IMO.
 

Clinton Morrison

"I met someone else on Wednesday but we got a tip as time was running out," said Uwe.
"I phoned [Sheffield Wednesday Manager] Dave Jones and he had just signed two players, so I called at the right time.
"Clinton is a very bubbly person.
"He is very experienced.
"He is maybe not 100 per cent match fit at the moment but we knew he would probably need more time.
"In the dressing room, getting a player with his pedigree, and one who wants to show himself, it was a no-brainer."

good stuff.

:sorted:
 

Clinton Morrison

i dont see what hes going to bring to the game.
 

Clinton Morrison

i dont see what hes going to bring to the game.

Maybe it was Clinton that gave the advice to Donaldson to stay central and not drift wide, so letting Berahino do the graft, therefore leaving him in the box more. Clinton offers a bit of experience. Something the side needs.
 

Clinton Morrison

i dont see what hes going to bring to the game.

Agree. Rosler says he's not match fit - only nine games to go so he will be bench warming for the next couple of games at least unless either CD or SB are injured,
even more so if Rosler opts to play 4-5-1 away from home.
Why sign someone who's not match fit at this stage of the season ?
His impact and role in the dressing room as an advisor to the strikers surely is
something Rosler should be doing ??
 

Clinton Morrison

Its always good to have another experienced players opinion..

Plus, what are the chances Sheffield Wednesday will be keeping him next season, and if low, could he be liked enough to be here next season?? Or shall we keep looking at lower league players with no higher league experience or kids to keep our average age low?
 

Clinton Morrison

Fellow striker Clayton Donaldson who admits he enjoyed watched Morrison playing in the Premier League as he was starting out in the game himself, agreed.

He added: “For someone of his experience to be here was just the spur the lads needed. I will be able to learn loads off him, and he has already been talking to me on the pitch telling me where to go – and sometimes you need that.”*
 

Clinton Morrison

Fellow striker Clayton Donaldson who admits he enjoyed watched Morrison playing in the Premier League as he was starting out in the game himself, agreed.

He added: “For someone of his experience to be here was just the spur the lads needed. I will be able to learn loads off him, and he has already been talking to me on the pitch telling me where to go – and sometimes you need that.”*

Bearing in mind his performances so far this season, possibly not including Saturday, I would have thought that a fair few of us could have come up with a suggestion as to " telling him where to go ":D
 

Clinton Morrison

Maybe it was Clinton that gave the advice to Donaldson to stay central and not drift wide, so letting Berahino do the graft, therefore leaving him in the box more. Clinton offers a bit of experience. Something the side needs.

yeah thats good.Is this only temporary loan or with a view to a contract next year?with this season over,and over long ago to so many,i would rather us start bedding some of the youngsters into the team.
Though ive never been a massive fan of Morrison,this isnt a sort of witch hunt post,i just honestly dont think he'll bring much to our game.If he does,brilliant,im not hoping he fails,never do with a Bees player
 

Clinton Morrison

Maybe he's bringing the oranges for half-time.

in that case give the man a 2 year contract,what a re we waiting for
 

Clinton Morrison

Not far behind that prolific goalscorer Charlie Mac who has 9 I believe.
11 according to the BBC site, but don't let a wrong statistc get in the way of a barbed comment, eh!?
 

Clinton Morrison

11 according to the BBC site, but don't let a wrong statistc get in the way of a barbed comment, eh!?

i thought people were going mental for letting Charlie Mac go as he's scoring was in the teens this season ?
 
Last edited:

Clinton Morrison

11 according to the BBC site, but don't let a wrong statistc get in the way of a barbed comment, eh!?
It's 9 league goals, with 1 in the FA Cup and 1 for us.
 

Clinton Morrison

i thought people were going mental for letting CM go as he's scoring was in the teens this season ?
I accept that people have differing opinions on CM (and GA for that matter), but I don't think that misstatements re ACTUAL statistics should pass by without comment, that's all. I hope that's OK with you.....
 

Clinton Morrison

It's 9 league goals, with 1 in the FA Cup and 1 for us.
Since beebopalula's post which I originally quoted didn't mention LEAGUE goals, ELEVEN is indeed the figure which he should have mentined....as you clearly agree!
 

Clinton Morrison

Since beebopalula's post which I originally quoted didn't mention LEAGUE goals, ELEVEN is indeed the figure which he should have mentined....as you clearly agree!

I beleive hes had a few injuries aswell.
 

Clinton Morrison

Only seen ten minutes of Morrison so far but really liking what he's contributed to the team so far. Could be a very important signing.
 

Clinton Morrison

Thats 11 goals in 26 games approx 20 are starts also. Rough average of 1 every other game when he starts isnt bad at all and from open play unlike GA. Also has missed a few games through injury maybe 4 or 5. Was a mistake to let him go and not play him. He will get 15 goals in a season. Weve moved on now anyway, never liked clinton before but if he does well for us all will be forgot im sure.
 

Clinton Morrison

Since beebopalula's post which I originally quoted didn't mention LEAGUE goals, ELEVEN is indeed the figure which he should have mentined....as you clearly agree!
It's 9 in the League, 10 for MK Dons and 11 this season. I was stating the facts rather than taking sides in a semantic polemic.
 

Clinton Morrison

I accept that people have differing opinions on CM (and GA for that matter), but I don't think that misstatements re ACTUAL statistics should pass by without comment, that's all. I hope that's OK with you.....

what are you on about ? theres nothing wrong with commenting on his statistics..i was only putting my point across that after all the over the top rubbish of a player who done his best to leave,how wrong Brentford were,how sh*t Rosler is for it,how the end of the world was upon our fine Club etc.it wasnt the end of the world when the "prolific one" had departed.Fine by me..I hope thats fine with you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom