Clyde Wijnhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyde Wijnhard

That makes grim reading, doesn't it? Mind you the goal ratio is OK.

I doubt he's being looked at for his goals. A short term contract as a better hold up player than Willock is all thats needed, at least until Lloyd comes back.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

I'd rather perserve with Moore. :(
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Moore needs some reserve team football to get up to speed, sadly we don't have a reserve team:cry:

So play him in the first team. :sorted: He hasn't looked out of place yet and will only get better with experience. He's better than Willock or Rhodes.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

So play him in the first team. :sorted: He hasn't looked out of place yet and will only get better with experience. He's better than Willock or Rhodes.

I agree, he hasn't really had a fair run of games in the side yet.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Back to topic but CW has a touch of the Ekokos and others about it.
Thought he looked a real player at Leeds when he first came and was worried when he played for Oldham against us but he just kept going further down the chain.:sad: But you never know.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Back to topic but CW has a touch of the Ekokos and others about it.
Thought he looked a real player at Leeds when he first came and was worried when he played for Oldham against us but he just kept going further down the chain.:sad: But you never know.

Ekoku, Claridge, Beadle, etc.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

CW has been injury prone & that has had a major effect on him I believe. I think I saw him walikng out with the crowd behind Braemar after the Swansea game - couldn't put the name to the face but it begins to add up now.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

I love to have another striker in but where the money coming from for this signing if it happens
 

Clyde Wijnhard

mmm, we do need a target man up front, but find it hard to explain how we can afford to have Willock/Fitz/Rhodes still on the books when they won't get a sniff.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

if he is half the player he was at Leeds he can do a job for us.

Moore looks like a clever striker and one that will do well with a run in the side. I fear for Rhodes - i have a feeling that Leroy may have started him up front on Saturday to try to gee him up what with his best bit of Brentford history being v Bomo. He didn't really do it - is he lacking confidence or ability? He won 3 headers in the first 5 minutes: all flick ons into touch, and then didn't win any important headers.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Also, I don't think The Chief ever played a game for us did he?
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Where the F*** are we getting the money to pay these wages from???
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Short money at a week-to-week basis, presumably. Doesn't sound like something a player would accept, unless he's still unemployed at the end of September. This sounds like a stop-gap until Lloyd returns.


Where the F*** are we getting the money to pay these wages from???
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Moore needs some reserve team football to get up to speed, sadly we don't have a reserve team:cry:

I'd prefer the bucket money to go towards funding a reserve team for next season. :wave:
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Perhaps the money i coming from the savings that we must be making by not paying Lloyd bonuses etc.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Out of curiosity - all in (kits, pitches, coach rental, refs fees, equipment, coaches, salaries, etc), what would this cost?


I'd prefer the bucket money to go towards funding a reserve team for next season. :wave:
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Out of curiosity - all in (kits, pitches, coach rental, refs fees, equipment, coaches, salaries, etc), what would this cost?

I suspect for home games it's the expenses of the match officials and for away games the petrol and mini-bus hire if BFC haven't got one.

The games can be played afternoon so no need for floodlights unless we play a non league side in the Combination.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

But we've expanded the squad to field a reserve side, we've hired more technical staff, we've bought/rented new equipment, we're using more fields, there is costs for feeding/caring for/insuring players. There are a host of expenses accompanying it. What was the reserve side budget before it was axed?


I suspect for home games it's the expenses of the match officials and for away games the petrol and mini-bus hire if BFC haven't got one.

The games can be played afternoon so no need for floodlights unless we play a non league side in the Combination.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

If you play in a reserve league you need a bigger squad, so you need to factor a bigger wage bill into the equation.

No you don't, the kids can play in it too. This is where they learn too :wave:

But we've expanded the squad to field a reserve side, we've hired more technical staff, we've bought/rented new equipment, we're using more fields, there is costs for feeding/caring for/insuring players. There are a host of expenses accompanying it. What was the reserve side budget before it was axed?

This is all crap. Everything you mention does not apply. Trust me, I was at BFC when they had a reserve side and I've seen how it works. You don't have to hire more "technical staff". Fitz or or Paul Mortimer can select the reserve team. What do mean about "using more fields"?!

Players don't get paid for playing in the reserves either. As for feeding, what used to happen was an order at the nearest Fish and Chip Shop on the way home!
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Clyde Wijnhard

I remember him as a good player when fit. Interesting why Chester and Walsall didnt take him on. Could they not agree salary or was it his attitude or he is simply not fit?
 

Clyde Wijnhard

He scores at a goal every three games, which isn't bad for a striker, although not prolific.

Oh, thanks for explaining that to me, durrr! :rolleyes:

I still don't think a goal every three games is good for a striker. ... One goal for every 270 minutes played.... 15 goals a season ... not great is it?
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Oh, thanks for explaining that to me, durrr! :rolleyes:

I still don't think a goal every three games is good for a striker. ... One goal for every 270 minutes played.... 15 goals a season ... not great is it?

Last time a Bees player got 15 was presumably Owusu and Burgess under Coppell, so it's not bad. Not sure Wijnhard is the answer for us on his recent record though
 

Clyde Wijnhard

A goal every 3 games is a bit better than the rate some of our strikers have at the moment. I think I'd take that now and it might be the difference at the end of the season.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

...lots of positives then...............
 

Clyde Wijnhard

I think it's a case of how he will fit in with our squad. Look at the strikers we had with that manager we had the last few seasons, they weren't exactly prolific were they, yet Deon is undoubtedly a great striker. And when we had constantine he was hopeless, yet now he's scoring for fun with Port Vale. Maybe Walsall, Macclesfield, whoever has had, and reject this guy, had the same problem of not being able to fit him in to the side. :shrug:

Fingers crossed!
 

Clyde Wijnhard

I think it's a case of how he will fit in with our squad. Look at the strikers we had with that manager we had the last few seasons, they weren't exactly prolific were they, yet Deon is undoubtedly a great striker. And when we had constantine he was hopeless, yet now he's scoring for fun with Port Vale. Maybe Walsall, Macclesfield, whoever has had, and reject this guy, had the same problem of not being able to fit him in to the side. :shrug:

Fingers crossed!

:imwith:

Amen brother! :D
 

Clyde Wijnhard

0.3 a match? For a striker?
I wouldn't travel very far on the off chance of him scoring. :nono:

That's 14 goals per season. I can't remember the last time we had a striker who got 14 in a season?

I'd be happy with 0.03 a match from Willock :wave:
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Seem to remember him as a decent striker with good attributes, offers physical presence, good mobility & not too shabby a finisher. As for bitching about a 1 in 3 strike rate, that's a bloody good track record.

Only doubts are now regarding his suitability as a character, arising from recent history, he does seem to have had a few run-ins lately.

Exactly the type of player we are crying out for, would be happy to have him here short term until Owusu returns, puts him in the shop window & helps us out. Says all you need to know about Leroys' view on Callum Willock.

Doubt we can offer the bloke anything longer term unless Fitz, Willock or even Owusu would leave.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

And when we had constantine he was hopeless, yet now he's scoring for fun with Port Vale.
Fingers crossed!

If I remember rightly, Constantine was going to feature in Wally Downes first league match, then Rowan Vine turned up. Wally couldnt make up his mind - so (as rumour had it at the time) tossed a coin and Vine got the pick and scored about his only goal in that first game. Constantine got about 2 sub appearances and then someone came in for him and he went (not sure if he was on a proper contract at the time anyway). finally ended up at Torquay where the then manager (cant remember who ) turned him into a goal machine.

Really not sure about Rjinhard, but if it's only for a month (particularly if CW can be farmed out on loan) it might be worth a try.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

If he still has it and can get himself match fit then he is certainly better than we have.

Some of his goals for Macclesfield last season were outstanding and he is both quick and bustling.

As a short term stop gap until Owusu returns he could certainly do a job.

I am deliberatley not mentioning money, wages, can we afford it etc, as far as football goes we have not had a targetman all season and we are beginning to run out of goals - CW could prove extremely helpful to us to help fill the void.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

That's 14 goals per season. I can't remember the last time we had a striker who got 14 in a season?

I know that we would all like to put last season behind us......but Lloyd managed 14 just a few months ago. In fact, other than 04/05 when Burton and Rankin both got 12, there can't be many seasons in recent years when we haven't had somebody up around the 14 goal mark - even under Downes, Rowan Vine managed it.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

If I remember rightly, Constantine was going to feature in Wally Downes first league match, then Rowan Vine turned up. Wally couldnt make up his mind - so (as rumour had it at the time) tossed a coin and Vine got the pick and scored about his only goal in that first game. Constantine got about 2 sub appearances and then someone came in for him and he went (not sure if he was on a proper contract at the time anyway). finally ended up at Torquay where the then manager (cant remember who ) turned him into a goal machine.

Constanjtine was signed from Millwall on a full contract. He had a few sub appearances but never really looked a goalscorer.

He went to Southend and one season scored a lot of goals which persuaded Torquay to sign him for £125,000. whilst at Torquay (Leroy was presumably his manager) he only scored against us (3 goals on Boxing Day) and they let him go.

He joined Port Vale and the rest, as they say, is hostory. Or not, 'cause I think he scored 6 goals very quickly this season and has not scored since!

Anyway back to the topic.

I have always rated Clyde as a good and dangerous opponent.

Let's hope we can afford him until Lloyd's return as Saturday's 5'4" forward line did not cause any arial threat to Bournemouth.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

he will definatly add something diffrent up front pace a good shot smething willock aint got.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

If I remember rightly, Constantine was going to feature in Wally Downes first league match, then Rowan Vine turned up. Wally couldnt make up his mind - so (as rumour had it at the time) tossed a coin and Vine got the pick and scored about his only goal in that first game. Constantine got about 2 sub appearances and then someone came in for him and he went (not sure if he was on a proper contract at the time anyway). finally ended up at Torquay where the then manager (cant remember who ) turned him into a goal machine.

I wouldn't believe those rumours.
 

Clyde Wijnhard

Didn't he nearly lose an arm in a car crash or am I talking complete bollox as normal ? :shrug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom