David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

Just listened to David's interview on the OS, Is he the most articulate of the playing squad? Pontus might come close and in recent times Vibe was right up there.

Did any of them start their answers with "yeah...no...yeah definitely..."?

who was our last keeper to keep 5 clean sheets in a row? and are we approaching any records? surely must be close especially at this level

9 is a row is the club record in FL matches, with Gerry Cakebread the custodian. A record that could be equalled by the end of the season is four away clean sheets in a row.
 
Last edited:

David Raya

Love Raya but he should have done better with their goal.. Showed good awareness afterwards
 

David Raya

Love Raya but he should have done better with their goal.. Showed good awareness afterwards

Yeah, very soft goal.
Having said that, I thought there was a suspicion of offside......???.........
 

David Raya

Love Raya but he should have done better with their goal.. Showed good awareness afterwards

It was one of those collections of errors. Roerlsev got caught too far from his man and didn't close down the cross, both our CBs got beaten for headers and Raya flapped at it.. Not our proudest defensive moment, much like their goal at the Valley! Still, this time it didn't cost us..
 

David Raya

It was one of those collections of errors. Roerlsev got caught too far from his man and didn't close down the cross, both our CBs got beaten for headers and Raya flapped at it.. Not our proudest defensive moment, much like their goal at the Valley! Still, this time it didn't cost us..
... and Nørgaard could have cut out the pass to the crosser...
 

David Raya

Yeah, very soft goal.
Having said that, I thought there was a suspicion of offside......???.........
Scrub the offside....
Just seen replay of goal, Pontus was playing scorer on.......
 

David Raya

Looking forward to seeing a pic of him celebrating the winner - he usually goes nuts.
 

David Raya

I saw, what might have been two flappy moments. The first In ages. I was nervous about Roerslev myself. He clearly needs game time. Perhaps as substitute, next time. We are a club that thrives on developing players, so we need to be patient, as TF pointed out.
 

David Raya

I saw, what might have been two flappy moments. The first In ages. I was nervous about Roerslev myself. He clearly needs game time. Perhaps as substitute, next time. We are a club that thrives on developing players, so we need to be patient, as TF pointed out.

to be fair to Roerslev, he's been excellent previously and he wasn't getting a great deal of help from Mbuemo. He only really made the one error and grew into the game and was starting to get in behind their full back before he was hooked. Their left side seemed their strongest though so maybe it was a mistake to swap out Dalsgaard especially with Mbuemo still finding his feet/fitness again.
 

David Raya

Bit soft for their goal. But having said that we didn't stop the cross and failed to contest the 2 headers that followed.
 

David Raya

I see the press is linking us with AEK Athens’ goalkeeper and indicate if that we will be looking to offload Raya! Not clear whether this is contingent on promotion
 

David Raya

Sounds like somebody trying to unsettle us to be honest.
Not particularly subtle.
 

David Raya

Possibly so. However, there might credibly be a question about depth in the g/k department if at PL level and I have no doubt Rasmus & Co will have a plan for that eventuality if they share that view. DRs distribution is the best I have ever seen but is he sufficiently dominant for a level above? Answers in a postcard please! :)
 

David Raya

Possibly so. However, there might credibly be a question about depth in the g/k department if at PL level and I have no doubt Rasmus & Co will have a plan for that eventuality if they share that view. DRs distribution is the best I have ever seen but is he sufficiently dominant for a level above? Answers in a postcard please! :)

Let's get there first - and yes he is an exceptional keeper and still has a lot of improving to do.
 

David Raya

I see the press is linking us with AEK Athens’ goalkeeper and indicate if that we will be looking to offload Raya! Not clear whether this is contingent on promotion

Raya is rating as a PL quality keeper. So I would be surprised if we were looking for an upgrade on him.
 

David Raya

Possibly so. However, there might credibly be a question about depth in the g/k department if at PL level and I have no doubt Rasmus & Co will have a plan for that eventuality if they share that view. DRs distribution is the best I have ever seen but is he sufficiently dominant for a level above? Answers in a postcard please! :)

I'd say he's a pretty dominant and decisive keeper. Good enough for the next level.
 

David Raya

IF we go up I expect we will at least bring in competition for DR. LD is fine as a championship number 2 but that’s probably it.

I do still worry about DR’s height in the prem. but he’s been outstanding this season so deserves a chance at keeping the shirt.
 

David Raya

Let's get there first - and yes he is an exceptional keeper and still has a lot of improving to do.

It is all very well saying lets get there first, however, if we wait until then it will be too late to sign anyone. The report does not say he has signed, but if true, probable refers to us making enquiries as hopefully we will be doing for many other positions and players. Most Premiership clubs have at least three ready for the first team keepers.
 

David Raya

It is all very well saying lets get there first, however, if we wait until then it will be too late to sign anyone. The report does not say he has signed, but if true, probable refers to us making enquiries as hopefully we will be doing for many other positions and players. Most Premiership clubs have at least three ready for the first team keepers.

You have to wait if you want players that will be up to PL standard. For one thing, the budget we will have to spend on players will be massively different. We can't offer PL wages yet. We might be able to in a few weeks time, though!
 

David Raya

You have to wait if you want players that will be up to PL standard. For one thing, the budget we will have to spend on players will be massively different. We can't offer PL wages yet. We might be able to on Saturday afternoon, though!
Changed for you!!! :thumbsup:
 

David Raya

Was a top save, deliberate ploy for the wall not to jump so he had better vision?
We Would have looked abit foolish if it went in!
 

David Raya

David was our best player this evening... immaculate performance apart from his throw into touch
 

David Raya

Excellent awareness and save. Most times that's going in. Superb. Our recruitment of keepers is excellent. Moore-Button-Bentley-Raya
 

David Raya

My MOM tonight! Some very good shot-stopping but such a reassuring presence when they went (even more) direct.
 

David Raya

It is all very well saying lets get there first, however, if we wait until then it will be too late to sign anyone. The report does not say he has signed, but if true, probable refers to us making enquiries as hopefully we will be doing for many other positions and players. Most Premiership clubs have at least three ready for the first team keepers.

The transfer window doesn't open until this season is over, & goes on if I remember what I saw recently, until early October.
 

David Raya

The transfer window doesn't open until this season is over, & goes on if I remember what I saw recently, until early October.
Transfer window opens before play offs are finished.....
 

David Raya

As good as the free kick save was, the early 1 on 1 stop was equally impressive.
 

David Raya

How many MOTM were there? He is in the top options.
 

David Raya

You have to wait if you want players that will be up to PL standard. For one thing, the budget we will have to spend on players will be massively different. We can't offer PL wages yet. We might be able to in a few weeks time, though!

That was exactly my point, although we cannot sign players now, one because the window is closed, and secondly because we do not know where we will be playing, however, that does not stop us making enquires/entering into discussions in preparation to a quick signing when we do know. We cannot afford to leave all this until August when speed will be the essence. I did not say we should be signing players right now!
 

David Raya

The transfer window doesn't open until this season is over, & goes on if I remember what I saw recently, until early October.

I clearly said that the report did not say that we had signed him, but probably referred to us making enquiries. I hope, and expect that we are making many such enquiries in preparation for the window opening.
 

David Raya

Press reports today states Inaki Cana Pavon our old goal keeping coach has recommended Arsenal put in a bid for £10 million for him!! , hopefully just lazy journalism or guess work.
 

David Raya

Press reports today states Inaki Cana Pavon our old goal keeping coach has recommended Arsenal put in a bid for £10 million for him!! , hopefully just lazy journalism or guess work.

That will go down well if true, I understand top brass were not happy in the way Arsenal conducted themselves over Inaki.
 

David Raya

Can’t see Arsenal spending £10m on a back up goalie.
 

David Raya

Absolutely outstanding performance, and I was thinking this before the penalty. Had no chance to save the goal. So lucky to have this goalie. Best I can ever remember for the Bees.
 

David Raya

Absolutely outstanding performance, and I was thinking this before the penalty. Had no chance to save the goal. So lucky to have this goalie. Best I can ever remember for the Bees.

Totally agree, clear Man of the Match for me. Arsenal will have to pay £15 Million now.
 

David Raya

MoM undoubtedly.

:yes:

Comanded his area, and caught everything that came into the box.

Brilliant penalty save, although Sky at first said it was a poor penalty.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom