David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

Would love to keep him but I think this time next year some very big clubs will be looking at him and he knows it. Hopefully we can get his replacement in the door this summer ready to take over.
 

David Raya

He’s superb but we ‘ve generally managed games without him much better than games without Raya
I agree losing Raya was a huge loss I think we would of finished higher up the table had he been fit all season but norgaards ability to win the ball back and screen the defence makes him important
 

David Raya

? ? ? did they not realise we signed Ajer...and then Eriksen?
Ajer is on this list, earning less than Raya and Jansson. CE is no longer on the list but was between Raya and Ajer. And when I posted these salaries previously, I got told they were "rubbish".

 

David Raya

I seem to remember him going in there when CN was injured.
In the Championship. In the PL at least pre-CE we played a double pivot with both. So when CN was out VJ couldn’t replace him because he was already playing.
 

David Raya

What's the deal with his contract? Is there no chance of him accepting our offer?
The mood music is that he’s not going to sign. I suspect we will cashing in after the World Cup. No one important gets to run down their contract.
 

David Raya

Raya has already given us three seasons. He’s been as good for us as we’ve been for him.

Candidly, if I was him I’m not sure if I’d extend my contract at the moment. I’d see how this season pans out first.

If we sell him in January or next season we will easily net about eight times what we paid for him too.

If we changes his mind - then all well and good. That would be a nice problem to have!
 

David Raya

I feel the same .. January IF he hasn't signed an extension he will be off.

Spoke to him a few times in the lounge he always has a massive family following in there, I get the impression he wants to create a future for them all ££££££
 

David Raya

I am concerned that, by signing the lad from Lazio, Raya is on his way. Apparently Man U tried to sign Strakosha but he wants first team football…… would suggest he’s coming to us knowing he’ll get more than warming the bench….
 

David Raya

I think it would be difficult for Raya to not sign an extension if the new guy gets to start the pre season games and play the first games of the PL season. If Raya doesn't play the next 4 months, he would lose out on the World Cup and possibly also a move to a bigger club later on too. I don't think this is something we would do, but it is a negotiation tactic I've seen clubs use before.
 

David Raya

I think it would be difficult for Raya to not sign an extension if the new guy gets to start the pre season games and play the first games of the PL season. If Raya doesn't play the next 4 months, he would lose out on the World Cup and possibly also a move to a bigger club later on too. I don't think this is something we would do, but it is a negotiation tactic I've seen clubs use before.

I do not think that it is club policy to keep players a who want a way provided that our price is met. So I see no reason why he should be reticent to sign a contract unless he believes that he will move this summer. Notwithstanding the World Cup he is now peak value so I will not be holding my breath that he is still with the Bees come September. This new GK is 27, and has a CV that says he is not going to sit on anyone’s bench not least ours.
 

David Raya

I do not think that it is club policy to keep players a who want a way provided that our price is met. So I see no reason why he should be reticent to sign a contract unless he believes that he will move this summer. Notwithstanding the World Cup he is now peak value so I will not be holding my breath that he is still with the Bees come September. This new GK is 27, and has a CV that says he is not going to sit on anyone’s bench not least ours.
We will still want to make money from player trading. We won't run down Raya's contract to 0.
 

David Raya

We will still want to make money from player trading. We won't run down Raya's contract to 0.
Absolutely! If someone comes in, and offers us the price he will be gone this summer. This new GK has played most of the games each season for the past 6 years for Lazlo plus from what I can work out he has a league winners medal. If this is correct then with this CV he has not signed to sit on any bench. At least that is what it looks like from here. I bet he has collected a big signing on fee.
 

David Raya

Absolutely! If someone comes in, and offers us the price he will be gone this summer. This new GK has played most of the games each season for the past 6 years for Lazlo plus from what I can work out he has a league winners medal. If this is correct then with this CV he has not signed to sit on any bench. At least that is what it looks like from here. I bet he has collected a big signing on fee.
He won't be going anywhere this Summer*.

*normal caveats apply
 

David Raya

Not even if someone offers the top price? Hope you are right, it will be a long time before we see his equal unless young Cox!!!!
As the man says, 'normal caveats apply.'

So if someone jumps in with £70m next week, he's off.

As for what we're prepared to let him go for in January, I have no idea. £30-£40m, perhaps?
 

David Raya

As the man says, 'normal caveats apply.'

So if someone jumps in with £70m next week, he's off.

As for what we're prepared to let him go for in January, I have no idea. £30-£40m, perhaps?
Well yes, all that is fairly obvious, and would apply to almost any player at any club. DR is a world class keeper, and consequently clubs across Europe will be aware of the current situation. If he is valued, say between £45/50 million by PG, my question was “what if a club offers £50 million this summer”? We as purchasers know that we are likely to pay a lower price for a player entering his final year of contract. The man says we will not sell DR this window so maybe the club are pricing in other factors into the equation. We have yet to find out, however, his replacements CV is good, and I doubt he will be content to sit for a prolonged spell on our bench. If David Raya is off then PG will ensure that we receive top dollar for him.
 

David Raya

As the man says, 'normal caveats apply.'

So if someone jumps in with £70m next week, he's off.

As for what we're prepared to let him go for in January, I have no idea. £30-£40m, perhaps?
Well yes, all that is fairly obvious, and would apply to almost any player at any club. DR is a world class keeper, and consequently clubs across Europe will be aware of the current situation. If he is valued, say between £45/50 million by PG, my question was “what if a club offers £50 million this summer”? We as purchasers know that we are likely to pay a lower price for a player entering his final year of contract. The man says we will not sell DR this window so maybe the club are pricing in other factors into the equation. We have yet to find out, however, his replacements CV is good, and I doubt he will be content to sit for a prolonged spell on our bench. If David Raya is off then PG will ensure that we receive top dollar for him.
 

David Raya

I do not think that it is club policy to keep players a who want a way provided that our price is met. So I see no reason why he should be reticent to sign a contract unless he believes that he will move this summer. Notwithstanding the World Cup he is now peak value so I will not be holding my breath that he is still with the Bees come September. This new GK is 27, and has a CV that says he is not going to sit on anyone’s bench not least ours.
I don't see Raya angling for a move yet as he's nailed on number 1 here go anywhere else and that may not be the case and if that happens he's got no hope for the WC squad
 

David Raya

I don't see Raya angling for a move yet as he's nailed on number 1 here go anywhere else and that may not be the case and if that happens he's got no hope for the WC squad
The only English club above us who had major need for a keeper was Newcastle and they bought Pope. But there are quite a few who have ageing keepers who’ll be busting a gut to keep their Qatar starting spots and then be looking to move on or whose clubs will need a replacement after that either in January or the summer. Lloris, Schmeichel and De Gea come to mind. Man U are the risk here because Raya is close to displacing De Gea for Spain terminally but he is still doing a good job for them and was one of their few players last season to obviously care. It was encouraging that Strakosha chose us over them as it suggests Man U aren’t shipping De Gea out now.
 

David Raya

The only English club above us who had major need for a keeper was Newcastle and they bought Pope. But there are quite a few who have ageing keepers who’ll be busting a gut to keep their Qatar starting spots and then be looking to move on or whose clubs will need a replacement after that either in January or the summer. Lloris, Schmeichel and De Gea come to mind. Man U are the risk here because Raya is close to displacing De Gea for Spain terminally but he is still doing a good job for them and was one of their few players last season to obviously care. It was encouraging that Strakosha chose us over them as it suggests Man U aren’t shipping De Gea out now.
Raya has replaced DDG in the national squad, probably for similar reasons E10H will be looking to replace DDG (despite what you've mentioned). If Spurs had another manager to Conte I think they'd be in the equation too, but he's probably happy with an established name and not too fussed with playing out from the back like that.
Leciester is a decent shout, but I think DR should be aiming higher than that to be honest.
City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal won't be in running, but for a big injury. Even then, not a great move for DR moving as cover?
Will Spanish, German or Italian teams pay what we'd want? Can't say I know much about PSG's squad or new manager to comment on them..

That leaves a few months of E10H pulling his proverbial hair out over DDG's lack of ball playing ability before a silly money January bid ?
 

David Raya

Who’d have ever in their wildest dreams thought we’d have a Spanish international keeper or that he’d probably attract a fee of £50m
Goes to show the genius of our recruitment policy.
It will be a sad day when he leaves.
 

David Raya

Who’d have ever in their wildest dreams thought we’d have a Spanish international keeper or that he’d probably attract a fee of £50m
Goes to show the genius of our recruitment policy.
It will be a sad day when he leaves.
Fully agree. The new keeper potentially coming in is all about forward planning. However we have also been weak in this area last season which potentially cost us points so will also help keep Raya on his toes. The Dofs are just trying to be ahead of the game, covering all eventualities.
 

David Raya

Ajer is on this list, earning less than Raya and Jansson. CE is no longer on the list but was between Raya and Ajer. And when I posted these salaries previously, I got told they were "rubbish".



I have no idea if this is right, but there are some low numbers on there. Surprised MBS is only on 4k a week. The captain at Stevenage is on 4k a week for example. Different expereince obvs, but MBS is an established PL CB.

Toney will get a big salaru hike soonish, either with us or s new club
 

David Raya

Enjoy him whilst we can then basically ? I don't particularly blame him for not signing an extension as of yet, especially after his performances last season and the likes of Arsenal back in the day being linked to him. If he replicates last season, he deserves the big money move IMO. Obviously will be gutted to see him go but that's the way we do business.
 

David Raya

I have no idea if this is right, but there are some low numbers on there. Surprised MBS is only on 4k a week. The captain at Stevenage is on 4k a week for example. Different expereince obvs, but MBS is an established PL CB.

Toney will get a big salaru hike soonish, either with us or s new club
If (as it seems) it is based on our published accounts figures for total wage bill it might not be so far out but based on the Championship as I don’t think last year’s accounts are published yet are they? If it is at all accurate it is astonishing how competitive we’ve been with our highest paid players on less than half the PL average. And that they haven’t all renegotiated or threatened to walk!
 

David Raya

I don't see Raya angling for a move yet as he's nailed on number 1 here go anywhere else and that may not be the case and if that happens he's got no hope for the WC squad
David Raya will be number one where ever he goes. The club will take account of all factors, however, PG will not allow DR’s value to diminish. DR clearly is reluctant to sign a contract as offered. His replacement has been signed. Next summer his value could be worth less than this summer, although heroics at the forthcoming WC could affect that hypothesis. With a health warning the yellow one states that he will not leave this summer. Big clubs throughout Europe will be watching the situation closely. Thomas Frank will not wish anything to disrupt, even in the slightest, the workings of the squad.
These then are the issues as I see things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom