David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

I think he will be off in the summer for a top club playing Europa or Champions League, plus a tidy salary. I don't want to see him go, but I think he deserves that move, should it come about. His replacement is in the building and we rarely get it wrong!

I'm looking forward to watching Raya continue his fabulous progress this season.
 

David Raya

I think he will be off in the summer for a top club playing Europa or Champions League, plus a tidy salary. I don't want to see him go, but I think he deserves that move, should it come about. His replacement is in the building and we rarely get it wrong!

I'm looking forward to watching Raya continue his fabulous progress this season.
I feel the same, though not sure this transfer window or next. Listening to what’s coming out of United on various podcasts with them stating De Gea is poor at passing out and reading today that United are looking for a replacement. He absolutely fits the bill that they need. I wouldn’t be suprised if they bid for him. Although they aren’t playing Euro football they would certainly boost his bank balance.
 

David Raya

Enjoying Raya for as long as we have him... I have a feeling that next summer will be the time for him unless we get an extension done. It's been a luxury to be able to have held on to all of the players on the team for so long. The process must continue though! Just on a grander scale, selling players who are making international appearances for Spain instead of racking up goals in the championship!
 

David Raya

Sadly only a matter of time before he ends up joining one of the big boys. I just hope we get a good deal out of it with his contract ticking away. The signing of strakosa signals to me that we arnt expecting raya to sign
 

David Raya

Sadly only a matter of time before he ends up joining one of the big boys. I just hope we get a good deal out of it with his contract ticking away. The signing of strakosa signals to me that we arnt expecting raya to sign
Or more to the point, Strakosa would not have signed unless he knew he would become number 1.
 

David Raya

Can we call a halt on trying to flog him off for a while?
Won't happen mate.

The choice is either to live in the moment and enjoy the ride or worry that any of our players are just a phone call away from leaving.
Neither side can understand the mentality of the other and no amount of debate will change it.
I know which side of the aisle i prefer to sit and the view is fantastic.
 

David Raya

Won't happen mate.

The choice is either to live in the moment and enjoy the ride or worry that any of our players are just a phone call away from leaving.
Neither side can understand the mentality of the other and no amount of debate will change it.
I know which side of the aisle i prefer to sit and the view is fantastic.
Any transfer out could easily go over three windows as he/us has limited options. He is only likely to move to a big club, not necessarily in UK, for reasons of both the fee we will demand, and his personal ambition, there are a limited number of such clubs. Unlike an outfield player there is only one position he can occupy, and such clubs are usually well stocked with goalkeepers, however, somewhere, sometime a suitable club will decide that they need to upgrade, will pay the fee, and he will be gone.
 

David Raya

2024.

There's a helpful thread if you need to know any player contract details.

 

David Raya

Fantastic today. Kept us in the game. Not sure what all the camaradie in the tunnel with Reed was about prior to the game. So needs to sign a contract extension! ??
Have now watched the highlights back.

3 world class saves that kept the score down/kept us in it : the 1 on 1 with Mitro and the Banks-esque save from the header. They could easily have been 3 or 4 up at h-t. Also with the direct free kick palmed over the bar after about an hour. Not sure there was much he could do about any of the 3 goals.

The marking and defence must give TF & BR extreme concern - free headers and mismatches all over the place.
 

David Raya

spotted him driving a light blue McLaren over Putney Bridge a couple of hours ago
 

David Raya

Or more to the point, Strakosa would not have signed unless he knew he would become number 1.
Yep - alas, because Raya has been sensational - that's the nub of it. Strakosha was used to playing in front of tens of thousands at the Olimpico and he didn't walk from that to get the occasional outing away at Colchester.
 

David Raya

Yep - alas, because Raya has been sensational - that's the nub of it. Strakosha was used to playing in front of tens of thousands at the Olimpico and he didn't walk from that to get the occasional outing away at Colchester.
Read the Brian Riemer interview, he's asked just that and says that Strakosha had a dream to play in the Premier League...
 

David Raya

I think the Club's message has been quite loud and clear over the summer – none of our key players is for sale.
 

David Raya

I think the Club's message has been quite loud and clear over the summer – none of our key players is for sale.
DR hasn't signed new deal though has he ?
 

David Raya

DR hasn't signed new deal though has he ?
I guess that's the next step, now the window has slammed shut. Hopefully our recruitment and general progress will help him to see that his future is with us.
 

David Raya

I guess that's the next step, now the window has slammed shut. Hopefully our recruitment and general progress will help him to see that his future is with us.
Honestly, Raya should be Spain's WC keeper which would cost his negotiating position heavily. Good for us if they go back to De Gea lol.
 

David Raya

Honestly, Raya should be Spain's WC keeper which would cost his negotiating position heavily. Good for us if they go back to De Gea lol.

They won’t go back to De Gea but he’s behind both Simon and Sanchez for the #1 spot.

He’ll go to the WC but won’t play
 

David Raya

Hope David gets some credit for Ivan’s free kick yesterday. It was him who seemed to identify the potential gap on the right, so he ran up to the half way line and lined up our players from there, meaning the Leeds players left a massive hole for Ivan to aim at. (no Dubai jokes please).

Brilliant from him, I thought.
 

David Raya

Hope David gets some credit for Ivan’s free kick yesterday. It was him who seemed to identify the potential gap on the right, so he ran up to the half way line and lined up our players from there, meaning the Leeds players left a massive hole for Ivan to aim at. (no Dubai jokes please).

Brilliant from him, I thought.

Yep noticed he was on the half way line directing things.
 

David Raya

Hope David gets some credit for Ivan’s free kick yesterday. It was him who seemed to identify the potential gap on the right, so he ran up to the half way line and lined up our players from there, meaning the Leeds players left a massive hole for Ivan to aim at. (no Dubai jokes please).

Brilliant from him, I thought.
I've just logged in to say exactly the same thing :ROFLMAO:
 

David Raya

Hope David gets some credit for Ivan’s free kick yesterday. It was him who seemed to identify the potential gap on the right, so he ran up to the half way line and lined up our players from there, meaning the Leeds players left a massive hole for Ivan to aim at. (no Dubai jokes please).

Brilliant from him, I thought.
It looked like a training ground routine to me. I don’t think it was spontaneous and frankly, if it was, hats off to whichever of the back room staff conceptualised it
 

David Raya

Didn't appear to take part in the "lap of honour" yesterday. Any conspiracy theories as to why this might have been the case? :fishing:
 

David Raya

Didn't appear to take part in the "lap of honour" yesterday. Any conspiracy theories as to why this might have been the case? :fishing:
Protesting against the playing of FFD.
I gather he thinks it’s passé……
 

David Raya

Didn't appear to take part in the "lap of honour" yesterday. Any conspiracy theories as to why this might have been the case? :fishing:
..........yep.............waved as he departed down the tunnel.............
 

David Raya

Didn't appear to take part in the "lap of honour" yesterday. Any conspiracy theories as to why this might have been the case? :fishing:
Needed a pee?
 

David Raya

His distribution has been a bit off so far this season.. not been his usual laser accurate self..
 

David Raya

Can’t see us getting more then £20 Million for him, so it may be a case of getting the purse out for a well deserved bumper contract and convincing him we have european aspirations.

David, Rico, Nørgaard & Toney are the players who deserve what ever it was we were gonna throw at Eriksen.

We’ve got Strakosha and Cox, so can definitely stomach cutting ties, but I think we’d all prefer if he stayed. Saved us in so many games already this season.
 

David Raya

Can’t see us getting more then £20 Million for him, so it may be a case of getting the purse out for a well deserved bumper contract and convincing him we have european aspirations.

David, Rico, Nørgaard & Toney are the players who deserve what ever it was we were gonna throw at Eriksen.

We’ve got Strakosha and Cox, so can definitely stomach cutting ties, but I think we’d all prefer if he stayed. Saved us in so many games already this season.
Double that and I reckon you're about right.
 

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom