David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

£25m is a great price for someone with only a year left on his contract.
I'd say that would potentially be an offer we would consider if he has no intention of extending his contract which seems to be the case - don't see us getting much more than that with 12 months left on his deal.
 

David Raya

i'd say we have plenty of leverage in this in spite of his contract nearing its end...when one of the interested parties is the 3rd best side in west london we can safely presume those fools and their money aren't difficult to exploit...'mates' rates apply...besides which, i thought he has ambitions for european football?
 

David Raya

Chelsea are pretty naive when it comes to spending money
I think because they have more money than anyone else, and they don't need to worry about finance, it breeds indiscipline. They end up out bidding other clubs because they can, nothing to do with market value. It's their way, just offer another ££££ and they get what they want, often wasting millions in the process. Its a real bad example of how to run a club, business or organisation. Unless a player is desperate for the financial returns why would you want to join a club with so many players you are likely to be spending more time not playing, than playing. No good if you have ambition in the game and you want to play. Having limitless funds does not provide all the answers and actually creates plenty of other problems, if not managed well. It's one thing Chelsea supposedly interested in Raya, it's another thing Raya actually going there.
 

David Raya

Thinking I might be too naive/optimistic here, but let's just say we finish top 7 or better... Is there not a chance of resigning in the summer? I realize Lloris might be out or at least need back up, but I would have to imagine getting euro may entice him to stay. Or am I missing something (besides the 2 rejected offers) and is he 99% gone? Maybe the case of CE and can no longer afford his wages?
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

David Raya

Thinking I might be too naive/optimistic here, but let's just say we finish top 7 or better... Is there not a chance of resigning in the summer? I realize Lloris might be out or at least need back up, but I would have to imagine getting euro may entice him to stay. Or am I missing something (besides the 2 rejected offers) and is he 99% gone? Maybe the case of CE and can no longer afford his wages?

Suspect he wants ‘big six’ wages and the spotlight and profile that playing for a big six team will bring him knowing that will probably mean the Spain #1 jersey as well.

He’s gone, I’m afraid.
 

David Raya

£25m is a great price for someone with only a year left on his contract.

Chelsea spent 90M on fatboy then loaned him out before paying 15M on laoning in felix for 6 months. I am sure we will get to get big bucks.
 

David Raya

£25m is a great price for someone with only a year left on his contract.
Chelsea will think that means he isn't good enough. Tell them we value Strakosha at 60m and then we'll really be laughing
 

David Raya

Has earned his move, he has been a fantastic keeper who has been instumental in our rise. Good luck to him. We have always promised players a move if they do well and Raya has done his bit. We will get a decent return and he will get a good move. Win win. Although it would be great to keep him, it seems he has made hia mind up.
 

David Raya

Chelsea spent 90M on fatboy then loaned him out before paying 15M on laoning in felix for 6 months. I am sure we will get to get big bucks.
I am sure that we will. If we only get the money that has been written about recently it will pay us to keep him, and let him run down his contract. The higher in the table we finish the more money we collect and this keeper is worth several places in the league.
 

David Raya

Brilliant keeper, not English or that young and I don’t see 30-40 million for him, he’s worth loads but plays for Brentford and only Man U or Spurs could do with him with no money available across Europe.
Although he isn't English, I believe he still counts as a home-grown player under the rules about this.
 

David Raya

Stewart Nelson kiss the guns and hoof it out was better than this guy and we got peanuts for him so 25mil is way off the mark here
 

David Raya

Although he isn't English, I believe he still counts as a home-grown player under the rules about this.
Can’t be many bi-lingual Spanish speakers that qualify as homegrown can there?
 

David Raya

After their performance last night, PSG could be in the market for another 'keeper...
 

David Raya

From what I saw last night liverpool
should be very interested.
Not so sure. Allison is one of the best in the world. Liverpool are in trouble on and off the pitch, which its bringing the worst out of the players.

Which I am enjoying, may I add
 

David Raya

Liverpool have much bigger problems than allison, we saw 2 of the world's best keepers make horrendous blunders that game
 

David Raya



Chelsea Tottenham and Manure fans all begging him to join them in the summer. They're right to as well, but still feels a little surreal.
 

David Raya

David Raya

The fact that Pickford has just signed a new contract with Everton won’t do Rayas price next summer any harm. That’s one less keeper up for grabs for the Top 6.
 

David Raya

The fact that Pickford has just signed a new contract with Everton won’t do Rayas price next summer any harm. That’s one less keeper up for grabs for the Top 6.
I think he'll be *the* hot prospect of the summer for any team looking for a new goalie. Everyone else I can think of at his level has either recently renewed their contract/joined a new club, is already settled at a top club, or is the wrong side of 30. Don't think that's Brentford fan bias, I really can't think of anyone better who doesn't fit into one of the above categories
 

David Raya

I wonder if he’s eyeing up getting his hands on the £40m he might be rated at by running down his contract, rather than letting BFC have it by selling him in July?
 

David Raya

Seems like it’s inevitable that he’s off, so if we manage to land £40 million for him, that’ll be a great bit of business considering he’s only got a year left.
 

David Raya

He's clearly off and that's OK just don't want to read a new article every month that puts Brentford in a bad light. Best situation would be a big six auction (>£40m) for him in the sumner and he can leave with our best wishes.
Great article on him in the Athletic today.
 

David Raya

He will stay and see out the remainder of his contract,then sign on a free for one of the bigger spanish teams.
 

David Raya

The club won’t let this happen!
Just see him on tv few weeks back and he said he would like a return home and play for one of the bigger teams in spain.
All he needs to do is sit tight for 12 months and the club cant do nothing about it he can sign a pre contract in january.
 

David Raya

Just see him on tv few weeks back and he said he would like a return home and play for one of the bigger teams in spain.
All he needs to do is sit tight for 12 months and the club cant do nothing about it he can sign a pre contract in january.
Which is why we will sell him while can still make a big profit in the summer
 

David Raya

Just see him on tv few weeks back and he said he would like a return home and play for one of the bigger teams in spain.
All he needs to do is sit tight for 12 months and the club cant do nothing about it he can sign a pre contract in january.
Pretty sure there will be somebody in England that will tempt him in the summer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom