FC Midtjylland
Do you know which round they start in?
Yes. But first they play Airbus A380 Winglets 3rd XI
Do you know which round they start in?
Then Borehamwood for the second match.
Must say, it saves sorting out a pre-season!
The reward is a place in the Champions' League.
Do you know which round they start in?
Prize money next year. Guaranteed 2m Euros.
https://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/
TV and other revenue seems to be based on something called a market pool i.e the bigger the nation, the bigger share a club will get. Last year though, the smallest payout to a team reaching the group stages was 13m Euros. Malmo (possibly a similar sized club) got 20m Euros.
Ummmm. I seem to remember that winning the league every 3-5 years would mean that FCM would be profitable (not sure where that is from mind you), I wonder if this new rule changes that.
What do FCM get for reaching the group stages?
Prize money is guaranteed 12.7m Euros plus a share of revenues on top of that. As I said above, Malmo got 20m Euros over all so I expect somewhere around that number.
The more successful FCM potentially the more money that can be spent on Brentford too.
The more successful FCM potentially the more money that can be spent on Brentford too.
Or possibly the less money Matthew Benham has to put in.
I see. Thanks.
***Speculation***. I would have thought that FCM income is taxable, unlike his primary business. Not sure if there is an advantage in taking monies from FCM to give to BFC
***Speculation***. I would have thought that FCM income is taxable, unlike his primary business. Not sure if there is an advantage in taking monies from FCM to give to BFC
I thought you didn't get taxed on bet winnings, surely it doesn't apply to betting full stop?
Tougher to qualify for group stages next year. Only 6 places from qualification rounds and Midjylland are unseeded in second qualifying round.
Hope they do well and if not there is still the Europa to fall back on.
Hoping all the Danish teams do well as they have every chance of improving their country ranking and improving both number of places and the round they enter. Danish football overall seems to be on the up.
***Speculation***. I would have thought that FCM income is taxable, unlike his primary business. Not sure if there is an advantage in taking monies from FCM to give to BFC
Champions.. Impressive since Brondby were 5 clear a few weeks back... Also sold top striker Sorloth to Palace in Jan
I can't quite follow your logic here.
Assuming that the Danish tax system is broadly similar to the UK's, FCM will pay corporate tax at 22% on its taxable profits (http://taxsummaries.pwc.com/ID/Denmark-Corporate-Taxes-on-corporate-income), but will be permitted to offset allowable losses brought forward from previous seasons since MB became the owner, and perhaps from before. Presumably MB has kept FCM entirely separate from Smartodds, in the same way as he has BFC.
Smartodds, being a UK company/part of a UK group will be taxed at 19% (currently) (https://www.gov.uk/corporation-tax-rates) on its taxable profits from providing data to clients. How can it not be taxable on those profits?
BFC currently pays no corporation tax, as it makes losses and has allowable losses brought forward from previous years. MB must have deliberately chosen not to make BFC part of the Smartodds group of companies, otherwise he would be putting money into BFC by having Smartodds pay BFC for the use of its losses under the group relief provisions.
As Les says above, it may just be that MB will have more money to invest in BFC if FCM no longer has to call on him for cash injections.
I believe though that Danish residents are liable to income tax on some forms of gambling winnings.There’s no tax on individuals winning money on their gambling.
I believe though that Danish residents are liable to income tax on some forms of gambling winnings.
Oh FFS. Luckily the man isn't Danish!
FCM just lost 2-1 away to Astana of Kazakhstan in the 1st leg of their CL 2nd Qualifying Round tie:
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2019/matches/round=2000977/match=2024625/index.html?iv=true
The Kazakhs' winner came in the 5th minute of stoppage time.
FCM just lost 2-1 away to Astana of Kazakhstan in the 1st leg of their CL 2nd Qualifying Round tie:
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2019/matches/round=2000977/match=2024625/index.html?iv=true
The Kazakhs' winner came in the 5th minute of stoppage time.
Second league this evening at 18:00Never fear a 1-0 win in the second leg will see them through.
Into Europa League??.......
Yep - drawn to play TNS the last remaining team in Europe from Wales with the first leg this Thursday. Being played at Cardiff City Stadium rather than Park Hall in Oswestry due to ground requirements at this stage of the competition. I’m very tempted to pop along given it’s only down the road and a very reasonable and acceptable £5 to get in.
English commentary was on the red button.FCM now 0-2 up after 32 mins. The commentary is in Welsh but saves listening to the gibberish the English commentators come out with.
Got a 50:50 chance of playing Malmo in next round. who are managed by......a certain Uwe Rosler
And Malmö it is....they only drew 0-0 tonight.
A typical Rösler away-result as far as I remember...
Got a 50:50 chance of playing Malmo in next round. who are managed by......a certain Uwe Rosler
0-2 .......
5 mins left.....