General General BFC Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General BFC Transfer Thread

I'm not really sure who we need to be honest, we all know January provides less value for money than the summer window and we're in no threat of relegation. Do we sign a player to push for Europe ?
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Will we see anyone paraded on the pitch tonight?
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I'm not really sure who we need to be honest, we all know January provides less value for money than the summer window and we're in no threat of relegation. Do we sign a player to push for Europe ?
Interesting question.

I really think we need to sign another forward that can play no. 9 (Schade is not that man) and an Onyeka type midfielder than can also run past players with the ball and pass.

Regarding pushing for Europe, it's well documented that MB in the past has done the sums as to the probability of promotion and offered to back the coach with extra signings. However, the money required to do it in the PL is in a different galaxy compared to 2013, 2015 or 2019, especially in January.

Financially, that's only worth doing if we can make the CL I would say. To the untrained eye (like mine) it would seem there has never been a better chance to get into the 4th-7th place bracket. Add into that, I really don't think we've played well at all this year, except the Bournemouth game. We've also avoided 1st choice player injuries so far. If he hit our straps, there has certainly never been a better chance to beat our highest ever place in the top division.

'Only' making the secondary European competitions would still be a great achievement, but we've seen how it's affected Forest and Palace this year - our current squad would need a number of additions to be competitive on both fronts, or the youngsters get thrown in earlier.

Let's see if these new investors make a difference
 
Last edited:

General BFC Transfer Thread

I’m not sure we’ll get a striker I think outtara is the stand in for Thiago if he’s out.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I'm not really sure who we need to be honest, we all know January provides less value for money than the summer window and we're in no threat of relegation. Do we sign a player to push for Europe ?

A creative attacking midfielder who can score goals is the missing piece of the jigsaw. They’re ridiculously few and far between (think peak Eriksen or Maddison), but if Phil could find one it would be decidedly helpful. Hopefully today’s birthday boy Mathi will do the job for the second half of this season.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I can't see Benham sanctioning any significant incomings this window. If that's not the case, I'll take it as a pleasant surprise 😎
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Juma Bah is being linked to us. Man City defender currently on loan at Nice
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I like to see the club firmly in the black with regards to profit but wondered about the tax implications of potentially not spending what I presume is the big profit we made from sales in the summer.I guess we could always sell the women's team to ourselves .Spoken from the perspective of not having a clue about what I'm talking about.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I'm not really sure who we need to be honest, we all know January provides less value for money than the summer window and we're in no threat of relegation. Do we sign a player to push for Europe ?
I think some sort of cross between Ronaldo and Messi (in their prime of course). We need someone that can dribble past entire teams before slotting the ball home calmly from 40 yards into the top corner of the goal and then doing a stupid goal celebration. About 5 times a match will do.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

General BFC Transfer Thread

I think some sort of cross between Ronaldo and Messi (in their prime of course). We need someone that can dribble past entire teams before slotting the ball home calmly from 40 yards into the top corner of the goal and then doing a stupid goal celebration. About 5 times a match will do.
He’s lurking in the depths of Brazil. I’m sure I’ve seen some footage, haven’t you?
Unfortunately, he doesn’t leave school until the summer, and Chelsea will park him in Europe for a couple of seasons.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I think some sort of cross between Ronaldo and Messi (in their prime of course). We need someone that can dribble past entire teams before slotting the ball home calmly from 40 yards into the top corner of the goal and then doing a stupid goal celebration. About 5 times a match will do.
That’s a very high line the opposition are playing. Angelos Postecoglou their manager?
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

The only signing I can see is a young replacement for IT and or Kev. We will be at risk of losing both in the next couple of years so will be looking for their replacement.

Will be someone we have never heard of (well I won;t have certainly) and be around the 20 year old age
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

General BFC Transfer Thread

I think some sort of cross between Ronaldo and Messi (in their prime of course). We need someone that can dribble past entire teams before slotting the ball home calmly from 40 yards into the top corner of the goal and then doing a stupid goal celebration. About 5 times a match will do.

Romelle Donovan then!
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

A position we don't need to bolster, and a player who at nearly 31 we would not sell on for big money 3 years down the line. Not for me Clive.
Ake already rejected a move to West Ham who have a habit of paying silly wages. Doubt we’re in his plans, nor he in ours.
IMG_2958.jpeg
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Decent player but would he improve us ?............I don't think so.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I reckon there's a chance we could see someone coming in mid season like Schade or Kayode did - someone who becomes available and is on the shortlist.

But I also think it's likely that we bring in at least 1, but maybe a handful of B+ players. Young players like Nunes, Donovan, Konak, like Yarmo was, who can come in and sit on the bench every few weeks when needed, who are a step up on nearly all the B team players. Meghoma is another of those.

As early as next season, but more likely the coming seasons, we're going to need to start looking at homegrown quotas for Europe...
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I reckon there's a chance we could see someone coming in mid season like Schade or Kayode did - someone who becomes available and is on the shortlist.

But I also think it's likely that we bring in at least 1, but maybe a handful of B+ players. Young players like Nunes, Donovan, Konak, like Yarmo was, who can come in and sit on the bench every few weeks when needed, who are a step up on nearly all the B team players. Meghoma is another of those.

As early as next season, but more likely the coming seasons, we're going to need to start looking at homegrown quotas for Europe...
We have 20 home grown players in the first team squad at the moment.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I like to see the club firmly in the black with regards to profit but wondered about the tax implications of potentially not spending what I presume is the big profit we made from sales in the summer.I guess we could always sell the women's team to ourselves .Spoken from the perspective of not having a clue about what I'm talking about.
It won’t all come into a single tax year.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I can't see Benham sanctioning any significant incomings this window. If that's not the case, I'll take it as a pleasant surprise 😎
I frankly would be surprised if he didn't, and not sure of the logic of thinking he won't. This summer will be a beast of its own with the world cup, and the likes of Wolves and West Ham are where they are due to a buildup of poor transfer windows. If we stand still we'll go backwards.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I think some sort of cross between Ronaldo and Messi (in their prime of course). We need someone that can dribble past entire teams before slotting the ball home calmly from 40 yards into the top corner of the goal and then doing a stupid goal celebration. About 5 times a match will do.
Donovan’s done that for the B team. Twice. Though not in the same match and I didn’t see if his celebration is stupid or not. But he’s young and has time to work on that 😉
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

SIGN SOME PLAYERS 🤬
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Interesting question.

I really think we need to sign another forward that can play no. 9 (Schade is not that man) and an Onyeka type midfielder than can also run past players with the ball and pass.

Regarding pushing for Europe, it's well documented that MB in the past has done the sums as to the probability of promotion and offered to back the coach with extra signings. However, the money required to do it in the PL is in a different galaxy compared to 2013, 2015 or 2019, especially in January.

Financially, that's only worth doing if we can make the CL I would say. To the untrained eye (like mine) it would seem there has never been a better chance to get into the 4th-7th place bracket. Add into that, I really don't think we've played well at all this year, except the Bournemouth game. We've also avoided 1st choice player injuries so far. If he hit our straps, there has certainly never been a better chance to beat our highest ever place in the top division.

'Only' making the secondary European competitions would still be a great achievement, but we've seen how it's affected Forest and Palace this year - our current squad would need a number of additions to be competitive on both fronts, or the youngsters get thrown in earlier.

Let's see if these new investors make a difference

So many of Kev's chances in the last 2 games have been from very central forward positions.

He can most definitely be AN answer as a 9 but maybe in a different way.

I have always felt that he is better more central but he adds value as a wide forward too.

He's doing fine however ❤️
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

So many of Kev's chances in the last 2 games have been from very central forward positions.

He can most definitely be AN answer as a 9 but maybe in a different way.

I have always felt that he is better more central but he adds value as a wide forward too.

He's doing fine however ❤️
We've probably had more centre forwards who play on the shoulder (Wissa, Watkins, Vibe, Hogan, Gray) than centre forwards who play with their back to goal like Thiago and Toney. We'd definitely adapt if Schade played centre forward.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

So many of Kev's chances in the last 2 games have been from very central forward positions.

He can most definitely be AN answer as a 9 but maybe in a different way.

I have always felt that he is better more central but he adds value as a wide forward too.

He's doing fine however ❤️
Most were helped by having the physicality of IT with him, I think as the prime striker he may find it more difficult
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

If it helps speed things along I have a supply of chewed biros I can pick up from the office on my way to the match tonight…
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Most were helped by having the physicality of IT with him, I think as the prime striker he may find it more difficult

I think he very much works in a two ✅

He's not for the Thiago role like you say.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

If we stand still we'll go backwards.
I agree with this statement.

However I don't see Benham going for it significantly this month, by significantly I mean a Dango level of layout on a player(s).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom