Indian Bee
Well-known member
General Cricket Thread
Aussies currently getting smashed. What an innings by Heinrich Klaasen
I don't think Australia were resting there hopes on Abbott.Another big player going down, on the eve of the World Cup.
Australia's Sean Abbott just gone off with a finger injury.
Abbott came back on and bowled, so may well be ok.I don't think Australia were resting there hopes on Abbott.
That said I don't see them doing much at the world Cup. Batting is too Conservative and outside of Cummins and Starc, there bowling is limited.
Ended 50 all out.Asia Cup Final all over already.
SL 40-8.
6.1.India going to do it in about 5 overs.
The problem comes from grass roots colts cricket - kids dont want to be bowlers who get smacked for 50 in 4 overs, they want to be the ones doing the smacking.Surprising how bare the bowling cupboard looks. Broad gone, Jimmy and Woakes in their dotage, Topley, Wood, Stokes, Archer unreliable due to injury. We have a big gap between our experienced and inexperienced players at the moment and I expect us to decline in all formats over the next 3 years or so until newer players come in.
Yes, the game is a little bit twisted when 1-20 is considered better than 4-40.The problem comes from grass roots colts cricket - kids dont want to be bowlers who get smacked for 50 in 4 overs, they want to be the ones doing the smacking.
Thats the issue with all the bang bang cricket we have, its so heavily favoured towards the batsman, nobody cares about the bowlers - in T20 , if somebody scores a hundred its talked about but if somebody takes a 5 fer (a lot more difficult) its barely a footnote.
Some good choices there, looking ahead to the next World Cup.The white ball team with a few changes are back in action soon .
Looks like the end of Malan despite him being one of the better payers in the WC.
This from Freddie Flintoff.
Australia are going to get pumped at the world Cup. Awful ODI side.
How would that fit into in my first sentence?I think you left the word “final” out of the first sentence.
Indeed and I think they lost one of them quite badly.Surrey didn't win either of the 2 games I think
Far more dramatic than the World Cup.
This aged well, about as well as mine suggesting they would get stuffed in the final.Australia are going to get pumped at the world Cup. Awful ODI side.
www.ecb.co.uk
Josh Tongue injured, replaced by Matthew Dodds. We simply cannot keep fast bowlers fit.The white ball team with a few changes are back in action soon .
Looks like the end of Malan despite him being one of the better payers in the WC.
Is this Dodds any better than Potts? ?Josh Tongue injured, replaced by Matthew Dodds. We simply cannot keep fast bowlers fit.
Probably not, I went to school with Matthew Dodds. ?Is this Dodds any better than Potts? ?
God I hate Nathan Lyon!
cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk