Tickets Grimsby (A)

Grimsby (A)

Have the coach times been firmed up ?
 

Grimsby (A)

Open to all ST at 14:00
So if you have the TAPs get on the site this morning
 

Grimsby (A)

Can't be that many ST holders with fewer than 1350 TAPs? Don't you need 1000 TAPs to get a ST in the first place? Then you get around 250 TAPs a year if you attend all the home games, probably over 350 if you attend home cup games and a couple of aways.

Just gauging the likelihood of this going to members.
 

Grimsby (A)

Can't be that many ST holders with fewer than 1350 TAPs? Don't you need 1000 TAPs to get a ST in the first place? Then you get around 250 TAPs a year if you attend all the home games, probably over 350 if you attend home cup games and a couple of aways.

Just gauging the likelihood of this going to members.
I guess if you've had a season ticket for a long time but not attended much in the last five years? It's difficult to gauge at the moment with the new TAPs system.
 

Grimsby (A)

Can't be that many ST holders with fewer than 1350 TAPs? Don't you need 1000 TAPs to get a ST in the first place? Then you get around 250 TAPs a year if you attend all the home games, probably over 350 if you attend home cup games and a couple of aways.

Just gauging the likelihood of this going to members.
....if this does go to members... which I doubt btw.... I'm guessing there won't be any members tranches/windows....it will be a free for all... fastest fingers first fest..... even though some members have 2000 TAPs....#tapsarenotallthatformembers#tapsdiscrimination.
 

Grimsby (A)

....if this does go to members... which I doubt btw.... I'm guessing there won't be any members tranches/windows....it will be a free for all... fastest fingers first fest..... even though some members have 2000 TAPs....#tapsarenotallthatformembers#tapsdiscrimination.
They have done staggered member TAPs for some away games recently. It may depend on how many are left. If it's say 40-50 tickets only, it would make a lot more sense to restrict them to members + 1000 TAPs.
 

Grimsby (A)

They have done staggered member TAPs for some away games recently. It may depend on how many are left. If it's say 40-50 tickets only, it would make a lot more sense to restrict them to members + 1000 TAPs.
...it would... but probably all moot...as I guess it will sell out today in the ST with 100 TAPs tranche😉....hey ho..... who'd be a member eh....mugs🙄
 

Grimsby (A)

...it would... but probably all moot...as I guess it will sell out today in the ST with 100 TAPs tranche😉....hey ho..... who'd be a member eh....mugs🙄
You were offered a season ticket but turned it down, no?
 

Grimsby (A)

You were offered a season ticket but turned it down, no?
...don't start... we've already been through this...I choose to be a member so I can sit where I want at the GTech....I know the consequences of that...I take muff, Fulham and Grimsby on the chin... but where there's a will eh😉
 

Grimsby (A)

...don't start... we've already been through this...I choose to be a member so I can sit where I want at the GTech....I know the consequences of that...I take muff, Fulham and Grimsby on the chin... but where there's a will eh😉
So no moaning from you about ticket allocations ever again!
 

Grimsby (A)

So no moaning from you about ticket allocations ever again!
....I was merely pointing a finger at.. if ST holders with TAPs have tranches then members with TAPs.... especially when tickets are sparse... like for this game... should be recognised by BFC too.... otherwise what's the point in having TAPs....or maybe TAPs for members should just be scrapped....TAPs should be exclusive to STHs only.
 

Grimsby (A)

....I was merely pointing a finger at.. if ST holders with TAPs have tranches then members with TAPs.... especially when tickets are sparse... like for this game... should be recognised by BFC too.... otherwise what's the point in having TAPs....or maybe TAPs for members should just be scrapped....TAPs should be exclusive to STHs only.
Season ticket holders with the right allocation of taps come first. Join the club!
 

Grimsby (A)

Season ticket holders with the right allocation of taps come first. Join the club!
...I don't want a dickie bow...a tie...or a crest.... just want to watch my team.
 

Grimsby (A)

You were offered a general admission seat so don't give me all that.
.... this isn't about me....as such.... it's about the discrimination of members...and about recognising that many current members... especially the ones who have joined over the past few years... unlike me...will aspire to be STHs in years ahead....they will need TAPs to achieve this.
 

Grimsby (A)

.... this isn't about me....as such.... it's about the discrimination of members...and about recognising that many current members... especially the ones who have joined over the past few years... unlike me...will aspire to be STHs in years ahead....they will need TAPs to achieve this.
They are rightly discriminated against because season ticket holders come first and always have done. That isn't changing.
 

Grimsby (A)

They are rightly discriminated against because season ticket holders come first and always have done. That isn't changing.
... fair dos....in that case.... Grimsby need a feckin bigger away section... and we're actually lucky at BFC tbf.... speaking to a Liverpool STH whilst on holiday last year....he was telling me about the dramas he faced about getting a ticket for ANY domestic away game... and Europe....ballot system.... told me he'd be lucky to see 3-4 away games a season... guess we should be grateful.
 

Grimsby (A)

So no moaning from you about ticket allocations ever again!
This is a nonsense argument, especially from. someone quick to point fingers at BIAS for not being "for the people". Easy to poopoo the club not wanting extra admin for things they effect you, but one that doesn't? There's no reason members with high taps shouldn't get some sort of priority. And also helps weed out the tout members getting an easy 50 taps
 

Grimsby (A)

... fair dos....in that case.... Grimsby need a feckin bigger away section... and we're actually lucky at BFC tbf.... speaking to a Liverpool STH whilst on holiday last year....he was telling me about the dramas he faced about getting a ticket for ANY domestic away game... and Europe....ballot system.... told me he'd be lucky to see 3-4 away games a season... guess we should be grateful.
I’d argue we’re a huge club 1.2K is ALL they can give. Same allocation as United.

Forest put 60% of their European tickets to a ballot which caused outrage. No winning either way I think the current system is fair for the STH.
 

Grimsby (A)

They have done staggered member TAPs for some away games recently. It may depend on how many are left. If it's say 40-50 tickets only, it would make a lot more sense to restrict them to members + 1000 TAPs.
If you follow the More Info button in the email, it's all members from tomorrow.
 

Grimsby (A)

....I was merely pointing a finger at.. if ST holders with TAPs have tranches then members with TAPs.... especially when tickets are sparse... like for this game... should be recognised by BFC too.... otherwise what's the point in having TAPs....or maybe TAPs for members should just be scrapped....TAPs should be exclusive to STHs only.
I fully agree with you. The priority of a STH with 0 TAPs over a member with 1000000 TAPs has to go too.
 

Grimsby (A)

I’d argue we’re a huge club 1.2K is ALL they can give. Same allocation as United.

Forest put 60% of their European tickets to a ballot which caused outrage. No winning either way I think the current system is fair for the STH.
... Grimsby jibe was tongue in cheek...all this game is...is a demand and supply thing.... thankfully doesn't happen that often...if you use West Ham as an example...hey ho.
 

Grimsby (A)

This is a nonsense argument, especially from. someone quick to point fingers at BIAS for not being "for the people". Easy to poopoo the club not wanting extra admin for things they effect you, but one that doesn't? There's no reason members with high taps shouldn't get some sort of priority. And also helps weed out the tout members getting an easy 50 taps
This is one particular fan that wants his cake and eat despite being offered a season ticket that would quell all the bleating from him. He can't have it both ways.
 

Grimsby (A)

This is one particular fan that wants his cake and eat despite being offered a season ticket that would quell all the bleating from him. He can't have it both ways.
I don't see why having a ST comes into the reckoning. TAPs are specifially designed for ticket access. STs aren't.
 

Grimsby (A)

This is one particular fan that wants his cake and eat despite being offered a season ticket that would quell all the bleating from him. He can't have it both ways.
... correction... I'm a supporter...not a fan... at least your erstwhile nemesis is talking sense...this ST v member 'apartheid' needs to stop....no 'boys club' or segregation at BFC..... we're all Brentford FFS.
 

Grimsby (A)

I don't see why having a ST comes into the reckoning. TAPs are specifially designed for ticket access. STs aren't.
Part of the offering of having a season ticket, at all clubs, is having access to tickets ahead of members.

Whilst members could potentially have their own tiers, if that's the case, where is the incentive for a member to get a ST in the future?
 

Grimsby (A)

Part of the offering of having a season ticket, at all clubs, is having access to tickets ahead of members.

Whilst members could potentially have their own tiers, if that's the case, where is the incentive for a member to get a ST in the future?
Exactly.
 

Grimsby (A)

Part of the offering of having a season ticket, at all clubs, is having access to tickets ahead of members.

Whilst members could potentially have their own tiers, if that's the case, where is the incentive for a member to get a ST in the future?
....so effectively what you're saying....is that a member with say 2000 TAPs should actually be vying for tickets with a member who has say 100 TAPs.... therefore no tranches for members....if so.....then seriously.... what is the point of TAPs....are they then for members.... only a means of obtaining a ST in the future....is that what you and Rebus are saying?
 

Grimsby (A)

This is one particular fan that wants his cake and eat despite being offered a season ticket that would quell all the bleating from him. He can't have it both ways.
He's not the only member with a decent amount of TAPs. Not everyone wants/could use a ST, JC has mentioned his reasons, others will have other reasons. I don't agree with 🍌 that members on X taps should be equal with STHs on the same taps, although wouldn't argue too hard against it. I do think members with high taps should get priority over members with a small amount though
 

Grimsby (A)

He's not the only member with a decent amount of TAPs. Not everyone wants/could use a ST, JC has mentioned his reasons, others will have other reasons. I don't agree with 🍌 that members on X taps should be equal with STHs on the same taps, although wouldn't argue too hard against it. I do think members with high taps should get priority over members with a small amount though
Members with high taps who qualify, should get a season ticket and then put the games they can’t get to on the exchange just like anyone else.
 

Grimsby (A)

....so effectively what you're saying....is that a member with say 2000 TAPs should actually be vying for tickets with a member who has say 100 TAPs.... therefore no tranches for members....if so.....then seriously.... what is the point of TAPs....are they then for members.... only a means of obtaining a ST in the future....is that what you and Rebus are saying?

I do think all STs should have priority over all members - a minimum TAPs ST over a 4k TAPs member even, yes. However, a 4k TAPs member should also have priority over a 100 TAPs member. Tiers for both groups with ST tiers prioritised basically.
 

Grimsby (A)

He's not the only member with a decent amount of TAPs. Not everyone wants/could use a ST, JC has mentioned his reasons, others will have other reasons. I don't agree with 🍌 that members on X taps should be equal with STHs on the same taps, although wouldn't argue too hard against it. I do think members with high taps should get priority over members with a small amount though
...no Banana is right... Ticket Access Points... it's an incentive scheme to gain access to tickets....both at home....for members 'only'....and away...for both STHs and members....it is in place for both these groups...its why the scheme was set up....TAPs shouldn't be used for dick swinging amongst STHs.... it's vulgar and ugly.
 

Grimsby (A)

I don't see why having a ST comes into the reckoning. TAPs are specifially designed for ticket access. STs aren't.
While I agree, I've assumed that the argument was thrashed out when the Customer Charter was being drafted. Not the case?
 

Grimsby (A)

The same as it was in 1940s. Guaranteed access to all home games, and at a lower price.
(y) Locals can skip the faff of having to manually purchase tickets every home game.

ST makes no sense for people to live afar and they should not be treated less in regards to away ticketing. Especially the ones with high loyalty.
 

Grimsby (A)

Members with high taps who qualify, should get a season ticket and then put the games they can’t get to on the exchange just like anyone else.
Come off it. If BIAS or the club said this your reply would be "that's it put the onus on the customer, to do things they don't want to do, to save themselves a little bit of admin. w***ers"
 

Grimsby (A)

....so effectively what you're saying....is that a member with say 2000 TAPs should actually be vying for tickets with a member who has say 100 TAPs.... therefore no tranches for members....if so.....then seriously.... what is the point of TAPs....are they then for members.... only a means of obtaining a ST in the future....is that what you and Rebus are saying?
TAPS can used to determine eligibility for a ST, as they do now.

If members also had different tiers, how would those with 0 TAPS ever build up their levels to get a ST?

All you'd get is TAPS hoarders in the membership levels and no incentive for new members to even try. So I just don't see the argument for having tiers amongst members. If you've chosen to pass on a ST, that's your choice, but unfortunately that means you know exactly what you're getting by being a high TAPS member.
 

Grimsby (A)

TAPS can used to determine eligibility for a ST, as they do now.

If members also had different tiers, how would those with 0 TAPS ever build up their levels to get a ST?

All you'd get is TAPS hoarders in the membership levels and no incentive for new members to even try. So I just don't see the argument for having tiers amongst members. If you've chosen to pass on a ST, that's your choice, but unfortunately that means you know exactly what you're getting by being a high TAPS member.
By going to home games and the away games they are able to. West Ham and Palace are still on sale to all members, for example
 

Grimsby (A)

By going to home games and the away games they are able to. West Ham and Palace are still on sale to all members, for example
Infact many tickets are available for WHU, the tickets left for Palace are restricted.

Encourage anyone trying to build taps to have a nice evening in Stratford and get behind the boys.
 

Grimsby (A)

...no Banana is right... Ticket Access Points... it's an incentive scheme to gain access to tickets....both at home....for members 'only'....and away...for both STHs and members....it is in place for both these groups...its why the scheme was set up....TAPs shouldn't be used for dick swinging amongst STHs.... it's vulgar and ugly.
Like I said, no real argument against it. "STs sold with the promise of priority over members" is the only real retort, but realistically it's not going to be a reason for anyone not to renew. Like you say, it's what TAPs were designed for, in name and in nature
 

Grimsby (A)

Oh it was totally selfishly motivated, not even denying it. When the draw came out I even commented that this was the one I wanted the least.

Due to my own availability for the first time in a decade, I was hoping to follow the team on a cup run this season but this and Wycombe away were always gonna be the draws that put that in jeopardy. Nevermind
I’ve actually read this 3 times straight and I’m still no clearer to what you’re actually saying ? 👀🫣😑
 
Back
Top Bottom