Wightbee
Member
Hamer & Bennett
I shook hands with Benno before the Luton game and asked him if we would see him next seaon, he said we would. I meant in a Brentford shirt not somebody elses!
Maybe not.After seeing Bens rear end on Setanta today at Barrow after being sent off,he is a Bee for life![]()
Happy birthday mate see you next season.Looks like it is $hit or bust as we have made Bennett the best offer we can!
http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtim...dfc/4420092.Bees_won_t_break_bank_for_Clarke/
Andy is going on holiday now aswell so dont expect any signings for atleast another week
Also i know its the wrong thread but looks like Clarke wont be here either "we will not break the bank" sounds like a bit of greed from Clarkey![]()
If it's Alan Bennett you're referring to, I met a chap in the garage who said that Alan had heard about the cash coming into ManUre and that Sir Alex was concerned that Rio Ferdinand's injury was worse than expected.If he is a free agent why would he not want to sign ?
If he is a free agent why would he not want to sign ?

errr..perhaps he has had more than one offer![]()

Bennett was quoted as saying in a newspaper:
'It is looking like I will stay at Brentford. I have moved down there near Twickenham as I couldn't battle the M4 every day. There is an offer for me. Andy Scott has a lot of time for me and that means a lot.'
Obviously doesn't trust the trains either
Bennett was quoted as saying in a newspaper:
'It is looking like I will stay at Brentford. I have moved down there near Twickenham as I couldn't battle the M4 every day. There is an offer for me. Andy Scott has a lot of time for me and that means a lot.'
Bennett was quoted as saying in a newspaper:
'Andy Scott has a lot of time for me and that means a lot.'
Benno due to play in a testimonial at cork city next friday along with o'flynn (barnet) will let you know if theres any news as regards signing back for the bees
Tell him that you have flown out to London to tell him to sign with Brentford. He'll be impressed!![]()
I think Cork are one of the sides tracking him, so hope he isn't going to sign for them at the same time!
Just got back from my local out here and my mate keith who is a southend fan has said he has signed.:sad:
Oh and Billy Clarke has agreed terms with Swindon.
..presumably for Southend?Just got back from my local out here and my mate keith who is a southend fan has said he has signed.:sad:
He is the same bloke who gave me the nod on Tilson to Watford so there is some hope..presumably for Southend?
All rumours of cource..
But these are rumours which will help me through the working day tomorow no endBrilliant!
While you're on a roll, would you care to shed any light on any extra possible gloom, Bill?
Just read in a Reading freebie newspaper that Southend are sniffing around for his services.
Cant see why on earth Alan would go to Southend.
Cant see why on earth Alan would go to Southend.
Cant see why on earth Alan would go to Southend.
Cant see why on earth Alan would go to Southend.
Maybe he won't, maybe it's best to relax and wait and see. We all want Bennett to stay and we must surely be in a good position for his services, don't forget Scott was off to Watford last week.
Just got back from my local out here and my mate keith who is a southend fan has said he has signed.:sad:
Seems we are only hearing about Swindon and Southend now, seems a bit fishy to me
I hear all sorts of voices too, most nights.....the trick is not to pay to much attention, unless they are poking you with a stick
If Keith said it then it must be true.![]()
Keiths not a mate of yours aswell is he?
Fair play to Ben - he deserves it. Would have loved to have him here this season though.