Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

Nonsense. I too have viewed performances of Thiago recently and have seen nothing about him to suggest he is worth anywhere this kind of fee - a large percentage of fans on the Brugge forum would appear to agree. We should also bear in mind that Giles & co's record on recruitment, with the exception of Mee & Schade, has not been impressive since promotion by any measure - let's just hope they have bucked the trend this time round. Oh, and by the way, Brentford fan here of 55 years and counting - loyal to the core, at the game tomorrow, and couldn't care less if deemed a miserable ****.
Well I went as guest of a FC Bruges STH last night who was firmly of the opinion that, to quote his words ‘he is made for the English premier league’. And I’m not sure if you’ve watched him live or on tv or highlights but what I saw of his all round performance overall did not disappoint me. He clearly needs a goal but that apart, has a good work rate, a good attitude and good skills that TF & Co will develop.

I suspect some on here have absolutely no idea how difficult it is for a low budget unfashionable club to compete for players that can be expected to be part of a top 10 team and who are within our budget and then, persuade them that this is the place to be. Let’s not kid ourselves. Whilst we all know what a great club we support, we do not have the name recognition of even a West Ham or a Crystal Palace let alone the big 6 or 7.
 

Igor Thiago

Nonsense. I too have viewed performances of Thiago recently and have seen nothing about him to suggest he is worth anywhere this kind of fee - a large percentage of fans on the Brugge forum would appear to agree. We should also bear in mind that Giles & co's record on recruitment, with the exception of Mee & Schade, has not been impressive since promotion by any measure - let's just hope they have bucked the trend this time round. Oh, and by the way, Brentford fan here of 55 years and counting - loyal to the core, at the game tomorrow, and couldn't care less if deemed a miserable ****.
Burcott, you strike me as someone who would be happier if we were struggling in the lower reaches because that was what you were brought up on.
Be interested to hear how many matches you’ve watched and focused on Igor with stats to suggest that Phil Giles and Matthew have mucked up
 

Igor Thiago

I find it an odd notion that recruitment since attaining Premier League status "has not been impressive since promotion by any measure”. Also picking out solely Mee and Schade as successes is even odder.

We’ve added to our first team squad (the numbers are current position in MotM table):
Hickey (15); Lewis-Potter (4); Strakosha (24); Mee; Damsgaard (13); Schade (20); Flekken (1); Collins (9); Yarmoliuk (17); Maupay (12); Konak; Reguilón (16).

OK, distorted by injuries and some recent additions, but the contribution this season of players recruited since promotion is pretty impressive. Even the bit-part players have been recognised.
 

Igor Thiago

I find it an odd notion that recruitment since attaining Premier League status "has not been impressive since promotion by any measure”. Also picking out solely Mee and Schade as successes is even odder.

We’ve added to our first team squad (the numbers are current position in MotM table):
Hickey (15); Lewis-Potter (4); Strakosha (24); Mee; Damsgaard (13); Schade (20); Flekken (1); Collins (9); Yarmoliuk (17); Maupay (12); Konak; Reguilón (16).

OK, distorted by injuries and some recent additions, but the contribution this season of players recruited since promotion is pretty impressive. Even the bit-part players have been recognised.
Indeed. When we were promoted if you had said we would get three consecutive seasons in the Premier League, most would have bitten your hand off.
 

Igor Thiago

I think that most fans then (those couple of thousand of regulars, anyway) who turned up for games, especially in faraway ****holes, were so well accustomed to the way things were – when a decent pint and mediocrity was a well-spent day (© Schopenhauer) – that we found a positive in amongst all the dross.

Now the cup of the Premier League has been drunk, there’s expectations, even through we’re serial over-achievers. Again, quoting Schopenhauer: The safest way of not being very miserable is not to expect to be very happy.
That last sentence is truly superb!
 

Igor Thiago

Nonsense. I too have viewed performances of Thiago recently and have seen nothing about him to suggest he is worth anywhere this kind of fee - a large percentage of fans on the Brugge forum would appear to agree. We should also bear in mind that Giles & co's record on recruitment, with the exception of Mee & Schade, has not been impressive since promotion by any measure - let's just hope they have bucked the trend this time round. Oh, and by the way, Brentford fan here of 55 years and counting - loyal to the core, at the game tomorrow, and couldn't care less if deemed a miserable ****.
You got BrianBrent in your corner maybe you can meet up.
What a night that would be ?
 

Igor Thiago

Indeed. When we were promoted if you had said we would get three consecutive seasons in the Premier League, most would have bitten your hand off.
If you’d said in summer 2014 we’d get three seasons in the Championship most would have done the same!!! I know we’ve been spoiled by having last season’s third top scorer in the PL but still! If our PL recruitment is judged as wanting compared to before it means we’re disappointed that we’re not fighting it out for top 6 and last season’s 9th place with 2 seasons worth of new recruits who “haven’t really done it yet” was a bit meh. A combination of players who weren’t good enough to win the Championship and subsequent recruits has taken us to three seasons in the PL where we’ve not spent a single minute in the bottom three. Terrible work from Phil and the recruitment lads!
 

Igor Thiago

It is, but I think our miserable ‘supporters’ expect perfection, in everything, and therefore, are always going to be disappointed…?
I don't. I think many of them expect failure and are comfortable when we lose as it proves them "right".
Never mind that it perpetuates their own misery and brings everyone around them down.
 

Igor Thiago

It is, but I think our miserable ‘supporters’ expect perfection, in everything, and therefore, are always going to be disappointed…?
There was a book written many years ago on his research by a Sociologist who said that at anyone time 95% of all football fans were disappointed with their teams. I digress, yes I agree with you, but before the last decade or so they had a lifetime of stress and misery x 10 watching otiose footballers, and club officials week in, and week out! Even at my age you can learn new words!!!?
 

Igor Thiago

Nonsense. I too have viewed performances of Thiago recently and have seen nothing about him to suggest he is worth anywhere this kind of fee - a large percentage of fans on the Brugge forum would appear to agree. We should also bear in mind that Giles & co's record on recruitment, with the exception of Mee & Schade, has not been impressive since promotion by any measure - let's just hope they have bucked the trend this time round. Oh, and by the way, Brentford fan here of 55 years and counting - loyal to the core, at the game tomorrow, and couldn't care less if deemed a miserable ****.
Which Club Brugge forum is this please? Got any links?
 

Igor Thiago

Re: [99.] Igor Thiago​

  • Quote
  • 1 login to like this post
Message ThroughSanders»Apr 15, 2024, 7:21 am

Yesterday we were once again very strong as a peg at the front of the team. Worked very hard, was a pain in the ass for Antwerp and once again kept track of a huge number of balls, allowing us to move up as a team.

The above is the latest comment I could find on a generally supportive Club Brugge fans forum. What I couldn't find was a comment from any fan on there suggesting they've pulled our pants down with the sale.
 

Igor Thiago

Pretty sad the way many people on this forum have got nothing bettet to do than to stir up hate towards someone with a different opinion. Real pathetic.
Pretty sad the way some people have written off our record signing that has played precisely ZERO minutes for us.

Now that’s pathetic.
 

Igor Thiago

Meanwhile you carry on stirring up hate towards various Brentford players that you purportedly support!
sure that's why I stood by Reggie after his red card and said he was class. Despite being hated down by others. Do your research bud
 

Igor Thiago

sure that's why I stood by Reggie after his red card and said he was class. Despite being hated down by others. Do your research bud
Hmm, I suspect that you are related to Sergio Reguilon, or maybe you're even him. Or is it just a coincidence that you joined the GPG 12 days after he joined BFC?
 

Igor Thiago

are you taking drugs?
Let's look at the facts pal. You only talk positively about one player. A player that up until recently, has frankly been average and had an absolute shocking couple of consecutive games. You have a nickname of Reggie for him, a nickname that no other Bees fan has been known to use, in fact I don't think I've ever seen that nickname used anywhere before for him. You and he arrived at Brentford more or less at the same time, and all of your opinions since joining have been largely a load of sh*te. You completely slaughter every other player in the team, and even one that hasn't joined us yet. All very, very weird behaviour. I'm trying to make sense of it and all I can come up with is you are Sergio's Mum.
 
Last edited:

Igor Thiago

Let's look at the facts pal. You only talk positively about one player. A player that up until recently, has frankly been average and had an absolute shocking couple of consecutive games. You have a nickname of Reggie for him, a nickname that no other Bees fan has been known to use, in fact I don't think I've ever seen that nickname used anywhere before for him. You and he arrived at Brentford more or less at the same time, and all of your opinions since joining have been largely a load of sh*te. You completely slaughter every other player in the team, and even one that hasn't joined us yet. All very, very weird behaviour. I'm trying to make sense of it and all I can come up with is you are Sergio's Mum.
wow I hope you never get jury service !
 

Igor Thiago

wow I hope you never get jury service !
Feel free to prove me wrong. You can start by making a positive comment about Igor Thiago seeing as we're on that thread and this needs to be brought back to topic before Banana or Edmundo start cracking the whip. Go on, I dare you!
 

Igor Thiago

Nonsense. I too have viewed performances of Thiago recently and have seen nothing about him to suggest he is worth anywhere this kind of fee - a large percentage of fans on the Brugge forum would appear to agree. We should also bear in mind that Giles & co's record on recruitment, with the exception of Mee & Schade, has not been impressive since promotion by any measure - let's just hope they have bucked the trend this time round. Oh, and by the way, Brentford fan here of 55 years and counting - loyal to the core, at the game tomorrow, and couldn't care less if deemed a miserable ****.
Not sure what constitutes impressive in your eyes. Is it quantity a la Forest; old, tried and tested players with no resale value as in many clubs fighting to avoid relegation; or is it tried and tested players at exorbitant prices a la most of the top six or seven?

If there's no one out there at the right price with the right qualities and with potential development and resale value, we don't sign them - seems simple as that to me.

I'd suggest that Wissa and Hickey (injury allowing) are players that are impressive post-promotion signings as well, and Yarmoliuk and Flekken are looking that way. To my mind, the only Premier club that has performed better in terms of value in the transfer market over the last couple of years is Brighton, with a tip of the hat to Palace for Eze, Olise and Wharton.
 

Igor Thiago

Feel free to prove me wrong. You can start by making a positive comment about Igor Thiago seeing as we're on that thread and this needs to be brought back to topic before Banana or Edmundo start cracking the whip. Go on, I dare you!
He's big and he's strong. Will be a handful for defenders for sure. The rest we will have to see when he starts for us. I'm sure TF will get the best out of him though.
 

Igor Thiago

He's big and he's strong. Will be a handful for defenders for sure. The rest we will have to see when he starts for us. I'm sure TF will get the best out of him though.
Well done. See you can do it if you try. Now keep it up and everyone will stop looking at you as the number 1 troll on the GPG.

Apologies @Hullbee no offence meant!
 

Igor Thiago

You have a nickname of Reggie for him, a nickname that no other Bees fan has been known to use, in fact I don't think I've ever seen that nickname used anywhere before for him.
I believe Thomas has referred to him using that hypocorism, maybe his Mum knows that.
 

Igor Thiago

Even doom and gloomers usually wait until a player has played for the club.

are we into the realms of pre doom and gloom?
Nah we are firmly in the realm of the ungrateful,the attention seeking and the stupid.
 

Igor Thiago

Even doom and gloomers usually wait until a player has played for the club.

are we into the realms of pre doom and gloom?
Yes it's now just called stupidity. To write a player off before he has even kicked a ball for us. They all must live miserable lives.
 

Igor Thiago

I believe Thomas has referred to him using that hypocorism, maybe his Mum knows that.
I’ve been calling him Reg
Not known him long enough to use ‘Reggie’ ?‍♂️
 

Igor Thiago

The talk that our recruitment since coming up has been bad is genuinely mad.

21/22:
Yoane Wissa - A great squad player, mostly played second fiddle to Toney and Mbeumo yet still consistently scored. In fact 7 of his 8 goals this season have either put us in the lead in a game, equalised for us in a game, or brought us back into a game we were 2-0 down in. They are important goals that keep you in the Premier League.

Kristoffer Ajer - Another great squad player who has consistently played at right back when needed or at centre back, becoming an integral part of our back 3 that consistently smashed the top 6 to bits.

Frank Onyeka - A decent squad player that has always had a role to play when we need physicality.

Zanka - Has been a lifeline for us for most of his time at the club when injuries take their toll.

Eriksen - Need I say more?

Fernandez - Terrible.

22/23:
Lewis-Potter - It's been slow for him, injuries haven't helped but he has dug deep at LWB this season and played well out of position to help the team.

Mikel Damsgaard - Was great in the second half of last season, solid, eye for a forward pass and became a mainstay in that midfield. Was great again against Villa and a MOTM performance against Sheffield Utd to get back on track.

Aaron Hickey - Was consistently solid for us last season, only downside are injuries which are difficult to predict when signing him.

Ben Mee - Our best defender last season. Fact.

Kevin Schade - Unfortunate to be injured, but has shown glimpses of quality and is clearly the clubs next big hope after Toney.

Strakosha - Meh, barely played, not needed to really.

23/24:
Nathan Collins - He's made some mistakes this season but has also shown moments of absolute quality, plays a high line well, steps into midfield well, recycles possession into dangerous areas well. Has played for 3 different clubs in the last 3 years and has come into our worst injury crisis for ages in his first season. The kid is the future of our defence.

Mark Flekken - He's had some bad moments, he's had some good moments. Overall solid, difficult to replace Raya, just that good.

Sergio Reguillon - Can't say I've been his biggest fan but his last two games have been solid performances. Difficult to recruit a left back at the time we did for a short-term, but seems ot be getting to grips with the team now.

Neal Maupay - 7/8 of his goals scored this season have given us the lead in those games. Doesn't score a lot, but when he does, his goals change games.


I realise this isn't the thread for the above, but what I'm trying to say is that the club very rarely sign a bad player. The vast majority of the players we sign are flexible, they can play multiple positions, they can do multiples things on the pitch depending on what we need and the players we sign all consistently work well together to keep us in the league. If the club have sanctioned 40m on Thiago it's because they believe he is good for it, and their track record both in the Premier League and the Championship suggests they know what they're talking about. We've tracked this lad for the last 4 years and even though he's playing at a lower level, he's scored 46 goals in his last 91 games. There's clearly a goalscorer in him.
 

Igor Thiago

Nonsense. I too have viewed performances of Thiago recently and have seen nothing about him to suggest he is worth anywhere this kind of fee - a large percentage of fans on the Brugge forum would appear to agree. We should also bear in mind that Giles & co's record on recruitment, with the exception of Mee & Schade, has not been impressive since promotion by any measure - let's just hope they have bucked the trend this time round. Oh, and by the way, Brentford fan here of 55 years and counting - loyal to the core, at the game tomorrow, and couldn't care less if deemed a miserable ****.
I don't know what forum you have been reading, but our fans all love him mate. When he arrived he looked clumsy, couldn't control a ball, didn't read the game very well,...so fans like you immediately wrote him off. He improved in all aspects of the game (minus the finishing). Now, the fans gained some football intelligence and see his incredible value for the team. Yes, I also think you overpaid by a couple million, but we all know that has to do with the way the Nusa-situation was handled. Our ceo recently said that they had to hear the news through Nusa's manager and they were royally pissed off by that, not in the least because of the medical issue leaks that will cost us millions.

That being said, you are still getting a young player with great data and you paid for the potential. If you viewed his performances like you said, and you can't see what I see, I don't know what to tell you.
'Yeah, but he comes from a Mickey Mouse league!' 'nO pLaYer from that LeAgUe iS wOrTh 30 million!!!'

It's about time we start to ask decent money for the players in our league.
When I have the time, I will make a list with players in the PL who played in Belgium recently. You just don't know about them but PL is full of players who played here in the past couple years, must be at least 40+.
And I am not talking about guys like KDB or Courtois, who you could see were special. I am talking about guys like Mitoma, Endo, Bailey, Trossard, Doku... You think they made 50 goals in our farmers league? Think again. Decent players but nothing more.
Look at the top scorers in Bundesliga alone. Three guys in the top 5-10 played in our league a year or two ago (Openda, Undav, Boniface). Unbeaten Leverkusen alone has 4 or 5. But no, all our players are sh*t and there is no talent! Big Igor isn't even in the top ten when it come to raw talent here.

You act like you are playing the Champions League final mate. I watched most of your games since the transfer and I think Igor can certainly handle that level given the time to adjust, simple as that. You can never know how a player will develop. I thought Wesley could make it in the PL until Mee broke his leg, but Igor is physically a lot stronger.

And all the articles posted in this thread are mostly from clickbait sites, and come from old Anderlecht players (like little Thomas Radzinsky). They got green with envy the past ten years because we surpassed them on all levels and keep selling players for 20 million +, while they won no titles, and nearly went bankrupt.
 

Igor Thiago

I don't know what forum you have been reading, but our fans all love him mate. When he arrived he looked clumsy, couldn't control a ball, didn't read the game very well,...so fans like you immediately wrote him off. He improved in all aspects of the game (minus the finishing). Now, the fans gained some football intelligence and see his incredible value for the team. Yes, I also think you overpaid by a couple million, but we all know that has to do with the way the Nusa-situation was handled. Our ceo recently said that they had to hear the news through Nusa's manager and they were royally pissed off by that, not in the least because of the medical issue leaks that will cost us millions.

That being said, you are still getting a young player with great data and you paid for the potential. If you viewed his performances like you said, and you can't see what I see, I don't know what to tell you.
'Yeah, but he comes from a Mickey Mouse league!' 'nO pLaYer from that LeAgUe iS wOrTh 30 million!!!'

It's about time we start to ask decent money for the players in our league.
When I have the time, I will make a list with players in the PL who played in Belgium recently. You just don't know about them but PL is full of players who played here in the past couple years, must be at least 40+.
And I am not talking about guys like KDB or Courtois, who you could see were special. I am talking about guys like Mitoma, Endo, Bailey, Trossard, Doku... You think they made 50 goals in our farmers league? Think again. Decent players but nothing more.
Look at the top scorers in Bundesliga alone. Three guys in the top 5-10 played in our league a year or two ago (Openda, Undav, Boniface). Unbeaten Leverkusen alone has 4 or 5. But no, all our players are sh*t and there is no talent! Big Igor isn't even in the top ten when it come to raw talent here.

You act like you are playing the Champions League final mate. I watched most of your games since the transfer and I think Igor can certainly handle that level given the time to adjust, simple as that. You can never know how a player will develop. I thought Wesley could make it in the PL until Mee broke his leg, but Igor is physically a lot stronger.

And all the articles posted in this thread are mostly from clickbait sites, and come from old Anderlecht players (like little Thomas Radzinsky). They got green with envy the past ten years because we surpassed them on all levels and keep selling players for 20 million +, while they won no titles, and nearly went bankrupt.
Top defensive work, well played.
 

Igor Thiago

Pretty sad the way many people on this forum have got nothing bettet to do than to stir up hate towards someone with a different opinion. Real pathetic.
:confused::confused:
Pretty sad that people on this forum having nothing better to do than to try stir up hate towards our players, medical staff, recruitment team, running of the club. Have I forgot any of the things you've mentioned before?
 
Back
Top Bottom