Congratulations.I said this afternoon on here that I hadn’t seen him in the Portugal training vid (called a bedwetter for worrying) and was worried his knee injury had come back, then we hear the meniscus news
Well I'm wondering why Keane Lewis-Potter hasn't been involved in the last two games! No update there...Probably because they knew people would wonder why he wasn't involved tonight.
And there is no competitive advantage to withholding the info until tonight, as we would for a league game I'm sure....as it's only a friendly.
So you're saying the wet bed was worth it after all?I said this afternoon on here that I hadn’t seen him in the Portugal training vid (called a bedwetter for worrying) and was worried his knee injury had come back, then we hear the meniscus news
I said this afternoon on here that I hadn’t seen him in the Portugal training vid (called a bedwetter for worrying) and was worried his knee injury had come back, then we hear the meniscus news
To stop chatter quickly given he won't play any pre season games.Why does anyone think the club did something so out of character and issued a medical update before any proper diagnosis? To soften the blow to supporters, maybe?
He played 45 minutes and then took part in the half time warm down, certainly didn’t look injured or clogged by anyoneIf you miss pre season you never catch up....we should stop playing these league two cloggers We're a premier league club now
thats the spirit!Just when we all thought this season couldn't be as bad as the last one. How wrong we were.![]()
Last season we finished 13 points clear of the drop zone, were never in the bottom 3, had a number of young players getting match time, had a player in the AFCON final, had Ivan play and score for England. Since the end of last season, we’ve had our record signing join and had Ivan play in the European Championship final having already scored the most ice cool penalty in tournament history.Just when we all thought this season couldn't be as bad as the last one. How wrong we were.![]()
Correct. It’s to control the narrative. Imagine if they hadn’t. Tonight would have been even worse on here than it already is.To stop chatter quickly given he won't play any pre season games.
Just to confirm, he was juggling with his feet and not his hands? ?He was on the pitch after the game in his shorts and came over to us with the other players. He actually juggled the ball and seemed to be moving ok.
Is this Saturday or last night?He was on the pitch after the game in his shorts and came over to us with the other players. He actually juggled the ball and seemed to be moving ok.
It is a concern but it’s Brentford Fc Innit,we do need another striker but we need to trust our club stop all the bed wetting. Club will give us an update when and if required. Nothing we can all do but stay calm.
Bury bad news, after the new kit launch.Why does anyone think the club did something so out of character and issued a medical update before any proper diagnosis? To soften the blow to supporters, maybe?
Not if Toney leaves and Thiago is side lined long term, then we need another,only my opinion,but I was concerned when we sold Holdsworth all those yrs ago. I may be over thinking it again but we can all do this at times reading by the comments.We need another striker?!
Are the 5 we’ve currently got not enough?!
As I have just said in the Toney thread, we are effectively in the same position as we were last July August time so I don't believe we need another forward. But I will qualify that by saying that (obviously ) we don't know the prognosisNot if Toney leaves and Thiago is side lined long term, then we need another,only my opinion,but I was concerned when we sold Holdsworth all those yrs ago. I may be over thinking it again but we can all do this at times reading by the comments.
Saturday. Last night was more of a concern as he walked over to the away section on his hands.Is this Saturday or last night?
seriously?Saturday. Last night was more of a concern as he walked over to the away section on his hands.
It’s a fkin curse…..or our medical team ain’t great….not sure which one it is ???
I was actually mildly surprised when we went for a direct replacement type signing. I thought our direction of travel was towards nippy, skilful, fluid forwards who would interchange and cause mayhem. Didn't think we'd go for another big lad. In fairness, I've not seen Igor play yet, so I don't actually know what qualities he brings. He may well be just as rapid and nimble as those listed below.As I have just said in the Toney thread, we are effectively in the same position as we were last July August time so I don't believe we need another forward. But I will qualify that by saying that (obviously ) we don't know the prognosis
Lets buy another forward is very easy to say when it isn't your money
I was actually mildly surprised when we went for a direct replacement type signing. I thought our direction of travel was towards nippy, skilful, fluid forwards who would interchange and cause mayhem. Didn't think we'd go for another big lad. In fairness, I've not seen Igor play yet, so I don't actually know what qualities he brings. He may well be just as rapid and nimble as those listed below.
For the above reasons, with Schade, Wissa, Mbeumo, KLP, Dasilva (?) + others I may have missed, I definitely don't think we have a problem without Igor (and Ivan) for a while.
Agree @Lionel Bart-At WRT doing OK without a big man (we did at the end of 23/24 and the start of last season) but once our other star players were crocked we weren’t good enough at it and missed him massively.I was actually mildly surprised when we went for a direct replacement type signing. I thought our direction of travel was towards nippy, skilful, fluid forwards who would interchange and cause mayhem.
For the above reasons, with Schade, Wissa, Mbeumo, KLP, Dasilva (?) + others I may have missed, I definitely don't think we have a problem without Igor (and Ivan) for a while.
Yep. Good points, well made. Especially if Igor shows the qualities outlined by @taxi driverAgree @Lionel Bart-At WRT doing OK without a big man (we did at the end of 23/24 and the start of last season) but once our other star players were crocked we weren’t good enough at it and missed him massively.
IMO it’s always good to have another option.
Even Man City appreciate that (buying Haaland) and I fervently believe that if Arse had bought Ivan in January they’d have won title.
Impacted not just the ‘striker-type’ goals they didn’t score (v Villa etc) but the distribution options available to Raya. So much easier to press high when the keeper’s only option is a short ball.

The worst pre-season cloggers I’ve seen in a long time were Premier League Watford when they smashed Marcondes to piecesIf you miss pre season you never catch up....we should stop playing these league two cloggers We're a premier league club now
Guess work by a journalist no longer in the know.
?. Having watched him play he is rapid for a big lad and a pressing machine, happy to help.Didn't think we'd go for another big lad. In fairness, I've not seen Igor play yet, so I don't actually know what qualities he brings.
I'd have a wager with you he's right thoughGuess work by a journalist no longer in the know.
Go on then.I'd have a wager with you he's right though
I thought that luck was supposed to even itself out over a period of time. Apparently not!
The full squad, as some didn't get injured last season and are apparently jealous.Well here we go again... who is next
Guess work by a journalist no longer in the know.
Club statement didn't say tear they were non specific so could be a strain,better we wait and see imoThe fear is real I’m sure as no one really knows until further scans next week
Although he must have had a scan already to diagnose the initial tear
Is Nikos Karelis in work?maybe get a striker in on loan if he is out for months?