Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

Probably because they knew people would wonder why he wasn't involved tonight.

And there is no competitive advantage to withholding the info until tonight, as we would for a league game I'm sure....as it's only a friendly.
Well I'm wondering why Keane Lewis-Potter hasn't been involved in the last two games! No update there...

It just seemed very out of character from what they usually do.
 

Igor Thiago

I said this afternoon on here that I hadn’t seen him in the Portugal training vid (called a bedwetter for worrying) and was worried his knee injury had come back, then we hear the meniscus news
So you're saying the wet bed was worth it after all?
 

Igor Thiago

I said this afternoon on here that I hadn’t seen him in the Portugal training vid (called a bedwetter for worrying) and was worried his knee injury had come back, then we hear the meniscus news
 

Attachments

  • 419787F5-0D64-4524-8A53-6D39E3CB3DD7.jpeg
    419787F5-0D64-4524-8A53-6D39E3CB3DD7.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 10

Igor Thiago

Why does anyone think the club did something so out of character and issued a medical update before any proper diagnosis? To soften the blow to supporters, maybe?
 

Igor Thiago

If you miss pre season you never catch up....we should stop playing these league two cloggers We're a premier league club now
He played 45 minutes and then took part in the half time warm down, certainly didn’t look injured or clogged by anyone
 

Igor Thiago

Just when we all thought this season couldn't be as bad as the last one. How wrong we were. :doh:
Last season we finished 13 points clear of the drop zone, were never in the bottom 3, had a number of young players getting match time, had a player in the AFCON final, had Ivan play and score for England. Since the end of last season, we’ve had our record signing join and had Ivan play in the European Championship final having already scored the most ice cool penalty in tournament history.
We’re also about to start our 4th consecutive PL season.

And you think it’s ’bad.’ How f***ing entitled are you.
 

Igor Thiago

It is a concern but its Brentford Fc Innit,we do need another striker but we need to trust our club stop all the bed wetting. Club will give us an update when and if required. Nothing we can all do but stay calm.
 

Igor Thiago

It is a concern but it’s Brentford Fc Innit,we do need another striker but we need to trust our club stop all the bed wetting. Club will give us an update when and if required. Nothing we can all do but stay calm.

We need another striker?!

Are the 5 we’ve currently got not enough?!
 

Igor Thiago

Why does anyone think the club did something so out of character and issued a medical update before any proper diagnosis? To soften the blow to supporters, maybe?
Bury bad news, after the new kit launch.
 

Igor Thiago

We need another striker?!

Are the 5 we’ve currently got not enough?!
Not if Toney leaves and Thiago is side lined long term, then we need another,only my opinion,but I was concerned when we sold Holdsworth all those yrs ago. I may be over thinking it again but we can all do this at times reading by the comments.
 

Igor Thiago

Not if Toney leaves and Thiago is side lined long term, then we need another,only my opinion,but I was concerned when we sold Holdsworth all those yrs ago. I may be over thinking it again but we can all do this at times reading by the comments.
As I have just said in the Toney thread, we are effectively in the same position as we were last July August time so I don't believe we need another forward. But I will qualify that by saying that (obviously ) we don't know the prognosis

Lets buy another forward is very easy to say when it isn't your money
 

Igor Thiago

It’s a fkin curse…..or our medical team ain’t great….not sure which one it is ???

Why are there always people looking for someone to blame. You get this injury when you twist your knee, what can our medical staff do to prevent that?

I did my meniscus snowboarding in Jan, I thought I was proper ruined as I couldn’t walk as I couldn’t bend my knee 1mm.

I was back running a couple of weeks later, playing football 3 weeks on. I couldn’t believe how quickly it all loosened up, 2 physio sessions wiggling it about and that was it.

It was either bruised or a small tear, it wasn’t scanned. If I was a pro football player I suspect I would have had scans
 

Igor Thiago

As I have just said in the Toney thread, we are effectively in the same position as we were last July August time so I don't believe we need another forward. But I will qualify that by saying that (obviously ) we don't know the prognosis

Lets buy another forward is very easy to say when it isn't your money
I was actually mildly surprised when we went for a direct replacement type signing. I thought our direction of travel was towards nippy, skilful, fluid forwards who would interchange and cause mayhem. Didn't think we'd go for another big lad. In fairness, I've not seen Igor play yet, so I don't actually know what qualities he brings. He may well be just as rapid and nimble as those listed below.

For the above reasons, with Schade, Wissa, Mbeumo, KLP, Dasilva (?) + others I may have missed, I definitely don't think we have a problem without Igor (and Ivan) for a while.
 

Igor Thiago

I was actually mildly surprised when we went for a direct replacement type signing. I thought our direction of travel was towards nippy, skilful, fluid forwards who would interchange and cause mayhem. Didn't think we'd go for another big lad. In fairness, I've not seen Igor play yet, so I don't actually know what qualities he brings. He may well be just as rapid and nimble as those listed below.

For the above reasons, with Schade, Wissa, Mbeumo, KLP, Dasilva (?) + others I may have missed, I definitely don't think we have a problem without Igor (and Ivan) for a while.

Igor looks more mobile and a more willing runner than Ivan ✅

I'm sure Igor has more to his pressing game too ✅

Definitely not a direct replacement although both likely to have missed the start of their seasons ✅
 

Igor Thiago

I was actually mildly surprised when we went for a direct replacement type signing. I thought our direction of travel was towards nippy, skilful, fluid forwards who would interchange and cause mayhem.

For the above reasons, with Schade, Wissa, Mbeumo, KLP, Dasilva (?) + others I may have missed, I definitely don't think we have a problem without Igor (and Ivan) for a while.
Agree @Lionel Bart-At WRT doing OK without a big man (we did at the end of 23/24 and the start of last season) but once our other star players were crocked we weren’t good enough at it and missed him massively.
IMO it’s always good to have another option.
Even Man City appreciate that (buying Haaland) and I fervently believe that if Arse had bought Ivan in January they’d have won title.
Impacted not just the ‘striker-type’ goals they didn’t score (v Villa etc) but the distribution options available to Raya. So much easier to press high when the keeper’s only option is a short ball.
 

Igor Thiago

Agree @Lionel Bart-At WRT doing OK without a big man (we did at the end of 23/24 and the start of last season) but once our other star players were crocked we weren’t good enough at it and missed him massively.
IMO it’s always good to have another option.
Even Man City appreciate that (buying Haaland) and I fervently believe that if Arse had bought Ivan in January they’d have won title.
Impacted not just the ‘striker-type’ goals they didn’t score (v Villa etc) but the distribution options available to Raya. So much easier to press high when the keeper’s only option is a short ball.
Yep. Good points, well made. Especially if Igor shows the qualities outlined by @taxi driver
 

Igor Thiago

It’s all very cunning: spread it around that the new striker is crocked and thus we need to hang on to Toney, meaning Ivan’s price goes up and sparks a bidding war which goes to the wire so we get to sell on the last day for big bank in time to celebrate Thiago’s miraculous recovery when he bags a hat-trick away to City in September!

:idea:
 

Igor Thiago

From BBC Sport:
 

Attachments

  • Igor Thiago.PNG
    Igor Thiago.PNG
    411.5 KB · Views: 355

Igor Thiago

Was there an evident challenge or incident that lead to this injury?
 

Igor Thiago

I know we’ve gone for the seven nation army tune for him in his only appearance but as he won’t be on the pitch again for a few weeks can I suggest an alternative?

Igor’s good, Igor’s good
Igor Thiago’s good

- to the tune of Ebeneezer Goode

If Ghoddos gets reresigned we could even go on to ask “Anybody got any Saman?”
 

Igor Thiago

Not ideal, but I always felt he would take some time to bed in with Schade, Wissa and Bryan starting the season so perhaps not a major impact.
 

Igor Thiago

I thought that luck was supposed to even itself out over a period of time. Apparently not!

If this is true, does it mean that we hold on to Ivan until January to make up for Igor's absence, unless we get an offer that we cannot refuse for him? Or do we sell Ivan anyway and go with the remaining forwards? Decisions decisions.
 
Last edited:

Igor Thiago

I think we are ok in that department if we keep Ivan especially. I'm expecting the worst tbh
 

Igor Thiago

Quoting my wife, who know about this stuff, he will be out for at least 6months, if it is confirmed as a tear.
 
Back
Top Bottom