Jack Wilshere

Jack Wilshere

A couple of cracking goals today.

I don't care if he is a bit thick if he sticks away goals like that for England.
 

Jack Wilshere

Two brilliant goals today, made some comments on here look pretty stupid.

Two lovely strikes. :cool:

I don't feel stupid. I am quite pretty.
 

Jack Wilshere

Wilshire, Delph and Lallana all looked quality.
We need to communicate better and sort out basic defending if we want to avoid giving away soft goals, sound familiar?

Funnily enough, I thought there were striking similarities with us today.

Soft goals and wastefulness up front aside though, I thought that was the most enjoyable England performance for a very long time.
 

Jack Wilshere

Funnily enough, I thought there were striking similarities with us today.

Soft goals and wastefulness up front aside though, I thought that was the most enjoyable England performance for a very long time.

Yes and Deplh reminded me of "Dave" with the way he was driving forward
 

Jack Wilshere

Funnily enough, I thought there were striking similarities with us today.

Soft goals and wastefulness up front aside though, I thought that was the most enjoyable England performance for a very long time.

:sorted: Agree mate, cracking game, entertaining and good atmosphere. We dominated. Looked far superior, great going forward but wasteful up front and always likely to concede so just like us.
Very enjoyable game
 

Jack Wilshere

Not just because of the goals but because his overall performance I thought JW was the best player on the pitch.

Thoroughly enjoyable game with some cracking goals and a total nob head with a Mohican entertaining us with an attitude far beyond what his ability should allow.

Great to see Rooney get closer to that damn record that just needs to be beaten.

Our defence is Championship at best, I am all for the youngsters but if we don't have kids that have any international potential he would be better off giving Terry, Johnson and Cole a ring until some credible youngsters emerge.
 

Jack Wilshere

Not just because of the goals but because his overall performance I thought JW was the best player on the pitch.

Thoroughly enjoyable game with some cracking goals and a total nob head with a Mohican entertaining us with an attitude far beyond what his ability should allow.

Great to see Rooney get closer to that damn record that just needs to be beaten.

Our defence is Championship at best, I am all for the youngsters but if we don't have kids that have any international potential he would be better off giving Terry, Johnson and Cole a ring until some credible youngsters emerge.

No, mustn't happen, Terry and Cole were too influential and didn't deliver us any sort of of success.
 

Jack Wilshere

No, mustn't happen, Terry and Cole were too influential and didn't deliver us any sort of of success.

:imwith:

...and Johnson isn't good enough, and isn't going to get any better. Give the youngsters a go, I say. :shrug:
 

Jack Wilshere

I thought England were bloody awful.

The first half was absolute shocking.
 

Jack Wilshere

So let me get it right, England looked like Superheroes whilst labouring to a 3-2 victory against the 48th ranked team in the World?
 

Jack Wilshere

So let me get it right, England looked like Superheroes whilst labouring to a 3-2 victory against the 48th ranked team in the World?

Nope , but a decent peformance and result. Thats what it was and thats what has been said and reported. No more no less
 

Jack Wilshere

I thought JWs second had a touch of the Bobby Charltons about it :)
 

Jack Wilshere

Good with potential to be very good JW.
 

Jack Wilshere

I thought England were bloody awful.

The first half was absolute shocking.

If you thought that was shocking I'd suggest you've not watched many recent England matches and/or are setting your standards unrealistically high.

It was thoroughly entertaining IMO, yes there are still deficiencies - the defence is a worry and we miss too many chances - but that aside we played with an intensity and flair that we've not seen from England in quite some time. There was a willingness to get on the ball and carry it, passing was for the most part sharp and incisive and we worked exceptionally hard to win the ball back when we didn't have it.

As I said, plenty still to be improved upon but that was an extremely good base to build from.
 

Jack Wilshere

Nope , but a decent peformance and result. Thats what it was and thats what has been said and reported. No more no less

My worry is Have England realised their level now?
A "decent performance and result" against a seemingly far inferior opposition (on World rankings at least) should raise massive questions.
If it was just a rebuilding of the squad it would lead to hope, but we are miles away from challenging the top teams now.
Will be far more interested in the U21s tournament to see how many of those guys will be overlooked in future.
 

Jack Wilshere

My worry is Have England realised their level now?
A "decent performance and result" against a seemingly far inferior opposition (on World rankings at least) should raise massive questions.
If it was just a rebuilding of the squad it would lead to hope, but we are miles away from challenging the top teams now.
Will be far more interested in the U21s tournament to see how many of those guys will be overlooked in future.

We are closer to challenging the top teams than a year ago.
 

Jack Wilshere

Best england game ive seen in a while. Wilshere looked up for it from the get go and looked sharp. I dont know why roy persists with people like smalling and jones they are not even premier league defenders imo. Rooney had an andre gray kind of game, stuck one away cooly but snatched at multiple other chances but made things happen in the first half. Promise
 

Jack Wilshere

England are light years away from challenging the top sides in world football. The last time they beat a team ranked higher than them in a competitive match was Germany, 14 years ago.
 

Jack Wilshere

Best england game ive seen in a while.
That's how poorly England have been playing then if that was the best you have seen for a while.
 

Jack Wilshere

That's how poorly England have been playing then if that was the best you have seen for a while.

8 wins and 2 draws this year , not really playing poorly that.
 

Jack Wilshere

So let me get it right, England looked like Superheroes whilst labouring to a 3-2 victory against the 48th ranked team in the World?

We're only 15th, let's not get above ourselves. :eek:
As the great Jim McDonald would say: "Catch yersel on!"
 

Jack Wilshere

I heard a rumour that was supposed to have come from an Arsenal physio that his knee/ankle would never stand up to pro football again, that was way before last season ended and came from a contact up here who had spoken to them about loaning another lad who was injured at the time. He asked if JW would make the Euros and was told that, very sad if true, the latest bit of news backs it up but hopefully it's a chinese whisper that has grown.

3 years old and I've always believed it, that injury in thart Far Eastern friendly knackered the kid.
 

Jack Wilshere

shame for the lad and for England
 

Jack Wilshere

looks like it's not destined to happen for him.
 

Jack Wilshere

Really hope he manages to get fit for the World Cup if we qualify.
 

Jack Wilshere

Think there will be players above him in the pecking order by then. Just doesnt play enough.

One of the biggest wastes of talent going.
Arsenal would have been well served to sell for what they can and get him off of their treatment table.
He has just never learnt that he cant go flying into poorly timed tackles when he is 7 stone dripping wet, will always come off second best
 

Jack Wilshere

Modern day Darren Anderton
 

Jack Wilshere

non story - all might have, could have, etc

Bit like the Swift non event recently - media over reaction

24 year-old, £90,000 a week, England international footballer hiding behind some wheelie bins. That's quite a sad story, I think.
 

Jack Wilshere

He should be more careful, wouldn't want to injure himself doing something that puts his body under strain...like crossing the road
 

Jack Wilshere

Pain in the butt that bloke...think Arsene should flog him (if anyone would want him)..more wasted talent (?) down the drain.
 

Jack Wilshere

Can't see people queuing up unless Arsenal are going to subsidize his wages to some degree,must be on over £100k a week.

Roma and Juventus both keen but you're right, it looks like they would need Arsenal to pay some of his wages.
 

Jack Wilshere

...................the young fella had another exceptional game last night............has the talent to become an England regular and a very good player.................didn't look phased by the opposition and created alot...................

Just hope Capello was watching and realised he's not a bloody holding midfielder!!!!

Amazing talent

If I was Guardiola I would be tracking this lad and not Fabregas.






Bornmuff!

Career summed up ......
 
Back
Top Bottom