John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

RodBee

RodBee
Joined
10 May 2000
Messages
5,285
Reaction score
1,043
Location
Camberley, Surrey

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

He's history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope now to see further pledges to get us nearer to that £1m figure which were supposedly awaiting JM's departure.

Onwards and upwards, I say!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: John Mac: In the name of god go. NOW.

Happy with his replacement folks?
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: John Mac: In the name of god go. NOW.

RodBee said:
He's history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope now to see further pledges to get us nearer to that £1m figure which were supposedly awaiting JM's departure.

Onwards and upwards, I say!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:


:) :) :)
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: John Mac: In the name of god go. NOW.

Oh my........

Please lets hope this is the start of something better
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

One out but one in

I'm disgusted that Joe Bourke has been elected to the BFC board. The announcement was almost a by-line.

Surely this should have waited until next month?

Where is the transparency and consultation to the BU members?

Now we know why Joe has stopped the cover-up, BFC Directors are barred from posting on here. What will he bring to the table.

:banghead:
 
Last edited:

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: John Mac: In the name of god go. NOW.

thats why joe's not been on GPG !!
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: John Mac: In the name of god go. NOW.

RodBee said:
He's history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope now to see further pledges to get us nearer to that £1m figure which were supposedly awaiting JM's departure.

Onwards and upwards, I say!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:



isnt that the $64 million dollar question....
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

mark, are you against the principle or the appointment? if the principle, leave it for until after we've sorted out the finances of the club and exercised the option. arguing about principles and process are a diversion at the present time.

if the appointment, then you've got issues. go and see a doctor.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

The amount of spin thrown by Joe on here has been embarrasing to say the least .This is one step foward and maybe two back .Maybe at least he'll have some communication via this site
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

I'd love to know the real reasons for JM suddenly deciding to go...was it a popular decision by the whole of BU and BFC Boards...did some want him to stay...why only him...more questions than answers...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

Stuardo said:
mark, are you against the principle or the appointment? if the principle, leave it for until after we've sorted out the finances of the club and exercised the option. arguing about principles and process are a diversion at the present time.

if the appointment, then you've got issues. go and see a doctor.

Both mate - spend some time in his company. In one of his first public appearances, he claimed he wanted a cap on the amount of players - not the wage bill!

PS I've seen plenty of docs. :D
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

markbfc said:
BFC Directors are barred from posting on here.
Barred by whom?
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

Banana said:
Barred by whom?
BFC themselves after Mr Hall's little "I did everything" speech. It's da truth!
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

markbfc said:
Both mate - spend some time in his company. In one of his first public appearances, he claimed he wanted a cap on the amount of players - not the wage bill!

PS I've seen plenty of docs. :D

Board meetings will now be much longer. :D
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

markbfc said:
BFC themselves after Mr Hall's little "I did everything" speech. It's da truth!
That appeared on the BU website!
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Re: One out but one in

Banana said:
That appeared on the BU website!
It was him posting "I'm preparing a report" and then him claiming to invent the jet engine, etc :wave:
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Hence the holding back of the TITS article...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

I assume Graham Haynes will now be running a historic piece on JM. ;)
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
Hence the holding back of the TITS article...
John's resignation?
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
Hence the holding back of the TITS article...
I reckon it was his decision though.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Mark, i have spent time with Joe and have a lot of time for him and his efforts for the club. i have also been a regular supporter of him on here - for actually taking time out to post and try and give information. (i haven't generally commented on what he has said - that is a different issue). he doesn't mess around as far as i can see and i for one am happy to know he is on the board.

now cue, the "has he bought a season ticket"? "is he going into the board room"? squabbles.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
Hence the holding back of the TITS article...



...you still think it was a good idea...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Stuardo said:
Mark, i have spent time with Joe and have a lot of time for him and his efforts for the club. i have also been a regular supporter of him on here - for actually taking time out to post and try and give information. (i haven't generally commented on what he has said - that is a different issue). he doesn't mess around as far as i can see and i for one am happy to know he is on the board.

now cue, the "has he bought a season ticket"? "is he going into the board room"? squabbles.



'he doesnt mess around'...well lets wait until any Option deal is announced before passing judgement...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

WarrenBee said:
I wonder what Larry will have to say??

:wave: :wave:



Hopefully something along the lines of..


'its with great regret that I have to announce I'll no longer be assisting with the match day programme...'
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Brickie Chap said:
Hopefully something along the lines of..


'its with great regret that I have to announce I'll no longer be assisting with the match day programme...'

:D :D
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Not far off record for active users on gpg .... news is spreading fast!
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

So, is it now time to take the ruler and draw a line under JMc's reign and start the JB Must Go! thread?
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Brickie, I stand by my earlier posts. I have no doubt that Joe's appointment is more likely that option is exercised as opposed to his appointment making it less likely. Having said that - and at the risk of sound contradictory - i think judging Joe on whether the option is exercised or not is harsh. When I say he doesn't mess around my view is that he wants to get things moved on and works towards that aim.

Some 'fans' are never happy unless they are complaining about this club though.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

I only know Joe Bourke from his postings on here. He makes the effort to paint a picture as he sees it and I don't have a problem him disagreeing with people if he feels they are wrong. Sometimes, he might be right. :idea:
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Stuardo said:
now cue, the "has he bought a season ticket"? "is he going into the board room"? squabbles.

Yes, I know what you mean. All supporters want is a bit of accountability though. IMHO he should be in the board room and talking to others within the football world.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Brickie Chap said:
...you still think it was a good idea...

Probably yes even though we could have stolen some of the credit otherwise!!!

As controversial as this may seem, I don't wish JM any ill luck.
He was not up to the job, not worth the money he was paid and was both arrogant and foolish with his ways.

He was a Brentford Supporter at the end of the day who bit of a lot more than he could chew.

I wanted him removed from the Board because he didnt have the experience and expertise to do the job, I do hope he can come back as a supporter though..

Imagine if that was me or you and our Love of Brentford was taken away?

I think we have what we wanted but its time to leave off him now and put pressure on the 'Other' person I would LOVE to see removed from the Club..
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
He was a Brentford Supporter at the end of the day who bit of a lot more than he could chew.

I wanted him removed from the Board because he didnt have the experience and expertise to do the job, I do hope he can come back as a supporter though..

Imagine if that was me or you and our Love of Brentford was taken away?

I think we have what we wanted but its time to leave off him now and put pressure on the 'Other' person I would LOVE to see removed from the Club..

:sorted:
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Met him once, indirectly, so no bias in my opinion: Joe Bourke has to me constantly been a source for information and informed debate. He's cogently and (out of necessity) often very cleverly argued the company line. We've been desperate for a board member that combines intelligence, shrewd public relations, and real energy and determination. I'm pleased that we now have one.

I also think he's wise enough to open the tent and let some of the truly talented fans in who have offered their services in the past.

Good luck, Joe - don't let anyone get you down. Let's make this BFC dream a reality.

BB


Les Beeavinu said:
I only know Joe Bourke from his postings on here. He makes the effort to paint a picture as he sees it and I don't have a problem him disagreeing with people if he feels they are wrong. Sometimes, he might be right. :idea:
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
I think we have what we wanted but its time to leave off him now and put pressure on the 'Other' person I would LOVE to see removed from the Club..

I wonder who that is! lol
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Stuardo said:
Brickie, I stand by my earlier posts. I have no doubt that Joe's appointment is more likely that option is exercised as opposed to his appointment making it less likely. Having said that - and at the risk of sound contradictory - i think judging Joe on whether the option is exercised or not is harsh. When I say he doesn't mess around my view is that he wants to get things moved on and works towards that aim.

Some 'fans' are never happy unless they are complaining about this club though.

...I'm also fully aware that JB is part of the BU Board that until the last few days(?) was fully supporting JM...in my opinion he arrives with a tainted image...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
Probably yes even though we could have stolen some of the credit otherwise!!!

As controversial as this may seem, I don't wish JM any ill luck.
He was not up to the job, not worth the money he was paid and was both arrogant and foolish with his ways.

He was a Brentford Supporter at the end of the day who bit of a lot more than he could chew.

I wanted him removed from the Board because he didnt have the experience and expertise to do the job, I do hope he can come back as a supporter though..

Imagine if that was me or you and our Love of Brentford was taken away?

I think we have what we wanted but its time to leave off him now and put pressure on the 'Other' person I would LOVE to see removed from the Club..




...lets see how much his love of BFC means in hard cash shall we...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Boston Bee said:
We've been desperate for a board member that combines intelligence, shrewd public relations, and real energy and determination.
Just because some one comes on here and engages in debate does not make it "shrewd public relations". Some of things he has said on here have been very damaging to BU.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

In fairness to Joe, I don't think that his support of JM could be deemed to be 'fully supporting'. He has alluded, more than once, to the fact that the projects on which John was working were short-term (although we never managed to winkle out an en-date) and that the positon of Projects Director would bereviewed once 'delivery' was complete.

Oh, and yes Joe does buy his own season ticket!
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

All I can say is good luck John, I feel sorry for you and your family for having to read the abuse on here. It has been said you dont read the GPG, but I bet you do. I dont know the politics, but I do know that the abuse is way over the top. Especially from a lot of folk that should have known better.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Brickie Chap said:
...lets see how much his love of BFC means in hard cash shall we...
Talking of Doug, how is he?! :D
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Brickie Chap said:
...lets see how much his love of BFC means in hard cash shall we...

As he has resigned he wouldn't be entitled to a pay off, would he? :sorted:
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

brickie, that strikes me as harsh and naive. you should be aware of how things work in the outside world. to use an analogy - every chairman supports their manager until they day they sack him.
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

markbfc said:
Talking of Doug, how is he?! :D

lol lol lol :nono:

Naughty Markbfc..!!
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Greenholme Bee said:
He was not up to the job, not worth the money he was paid and was both arrogant and foolish with his ways.

He was a Brentford Supporter at the end of the day who bit of a lot more than he could chew.

He was never ever suited to the job and imho has done far more harm than good to our Club despite that f*cking idiot Roger's ramblings on the OS.

Three years of wages and benefits for what exactly ?

So many mistakes and we're in a far worse position than when he unfortunately took on a role within BFC - no doubt the spin boys will be out en mass shortly but they'd best check their facts first ! ;)
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Stuardo said:
brickie, that strikes me as harsh and naive. you should be aware of how things work in the outside world. to use an analogy - every chairman supports their manager until they day they sack him.



...lets agree to disagree shall we...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

West Wilts Bee said:
All I can say is good luck John, I feel sorry for you and your family for having to read the abuse on here. It has been said you dont read the GPG, but I bet you do. I dont know the politics, but I do know that the abuse is way over the top. Especially from a lot of folk that should have known better.




...sorry any good feeling for JM went when he starting doing Ron's dirty work...lets hope some real information about his time at BFC now comes out...like I've said...how much will his pay off be...
 

John Mac Has Resigned (Split/Merged Threads)

Bee H said:
no doubt the spin boys will be out en mass shortly but they'd best check their facts first ! ;)

But we are now only 5 years away from a new stadium. Terrible timing this resignation. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom