Kevin O'Connor

Kevin O'Connor

Any news on Kev?
I think he brings balance and stability to the team, something which will be crucial with these new kids running around who haven't been playing with us for the season.
Go out on a limb here - If Kev is playing we will win at Bradford.

Back for Exeter realistically. From a very reliable source.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Back for Exeter realistically. From a very reliable source.

thing is, he'll have to 'hit the ground running', will he be able to pick the game up so quickly? We have missed him though, i bet Bean has too, to me he's like the simon ratcliffe of 91-92.
 

Kevin O'Connor

thing is, he'll have to 'hit the ground running', will he be able to pick the game up so quickly? We have missed him though, i bet Bean has too, to me he's like the simon ratcliffe of 91-92.

good comparison :yes:
 

Kevin O'Connor

IF there are no other midfield injuries a fit Kev could give AS a real selection headache-but one that he may relish.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Not true. If he is really match fit, he's in the team straight away. Note our latest slide in form a bit? What has changed?...


IF there are no other midfield injuries a fit Kev could give AS a real selection headache-but one that he may relish.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Not true. If he is really match fit, he's in the team straight away. Note our latest slide in form a bit? What has changed?...

We have got leggy, nervous, lossed form and KOC is injured. I don't think it's purely down to Kev's injury but obviously that hasn't helped, we were a well oiled machine who turned up and forced other teams to buckle, then we went to Rotherham.
 

Kevin O'Connor

We have got leggy, nervous, lossed form and KOC is injured. I don't think it's purely down to Kev's injury but obviously that hasn't helped, we were a well oiled machine who turned up and forced other teams to buckle, then we went to Rotherham.

I think O'Connor has been missed more than some realise and the biggest problem is that Hunt takes so many throw ins and is therefore constantly out of position.
Imho we should just do as we were doing and Hunt takes long throws occasioanally rather than automatically . We got where we are without them why bother now.
 

Kevin O'Connor

'Lossed'? :eek:


We have got leggy, nervous, lossed form and KOC is injured. I don't think it's purely down to Kev's injury but obviously that hasn't helped, we were a well oiled machine who turned up and forced other teams to buckle, then we went to Rotherham.
 

Kevin O'Connor

:imwith:
:thetruth:

When Kev plays the opposition have a real job to break us down. In the 8 games up to and including Barnet we conceded 2 goals. In the 3 games since without him we've conceded 5.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Not true. If he is really match fit, he's in the team straight away. Note our latest slide in form a bit? What has changed?...

The last dip in form earlier in the season coincided with Kev not in the team if memory serves.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Not only am I hoping he returns to the side a.s.a.p., I'm looking forward to Brentford offering him a new contract and Kevin signing it.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Not only am I hoping he returns to the side a.s.a.p., I'm looking forward to Brentford offering him a new contract and Kevin signing it.

I expect he'll be a certainty as he'll also be needed for the new 'home grown' player regulation that is coming in.
 

Kevin O'Connor

In my opinion Hunt is a journeyman, albeit one with a long throw. We need Kevin O'Connor back asap. We also need Halls in the side. Whilst John Halls may play at times with an air of 'I'm too good for this Division' the fact is that he is too good, he has too much ability, whereas Osborne doesn't have enough, his distribution is wayward and the penalty he gave away against Gillingham was unforgiveable, he was well skinned before he committed a real bone head foul.
 

Kevin O'Connor

In my opinion Hunt is a journeyman, albeit one with a long throw.

:grey:
If it wasn't for Hunt we would be on 69 points right now. Of course if fit Kev plays but I think Hunt's contribution has been very good with 2 MOM performances for me v WW and Gills plus two vital goals.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Hunt was easily MOM at the Wycombe game. I think he has a place in this squad, and he perhaps shows more as an individual player than Kev. However, I think the way the rest of the team play with Kev in the squad warrants him being first choice - 'team player' and all that.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Kevin gives us that foot on the ball option rather than lets always go forward
Hopefully be back for the run-in:wave:
 

Kevin O'Connor

In my opinion Hunt is a journeyman, albeit one with a long throw. We need Kevin O'Connor back asap. We also need Halls in the side. Whilst John Halls may play at times with an air of 'I'm too good for this Division' the fact is that he is too good, he has too much ability, whereas Osborne doesn't have enough, his distribution is wayward and the penalty he gave away against Gillingham was unforgiveable, he was well skinned before he committed a real bone head foul.

To be fair you are entitled to your opinion but I think your being a bit harsh on him there. He's scored two goals, he has a fantastic engine, he gets all over the pitch and is very strong in the tackle. It could be argued that we as a team haven't played as well, but as an individual I think hes been fantastic.

Maybe him and Bean are not as solid as a pairing, but I think that is more of an indication of how good O'Connor has been and how good he actually is, rather then an indicator of Hunts ability. Prephaps I have been wrong in my view that Marcus Bean has been our player off the season, and in fact O'Connor has been, as he's allowed Marcus to play that way.
 

Kevin O'Connor

IMO Hunt is immense at set pieces, but not much else. His passing is average, and although he makes the odd good tackle, too often he is caught out of position or simply gets dribbled passed. Also, he is quite slow and not exactly a physical presence.
 

Kevin O'Connor

IMO Hunt is immense at set pieces, but not much else. His passing is average, and although he makes the odd good tackle, too often he is caught out of position or simply gets dribbled passed. Also, he is quite slow and not exactly a physical presence.

Sounds like David Beckham. Hunt for England...................
 

Kevin O'Connor

IMO Hunt is immense at set pieces, but not much else. His passing is average, and although he makes the odd good tackle, too often he is caught out of position or simply gets dribbled passed. Also, he is quite slow and not exactly a physical presence.

Maybe, but he is a squad player, brought in as cover and we are bloody lucky to have him given the current circumstances.

Ideally he would not have to play but he does emphasise our strength in depth.

He is pretty decent and better than we all expected.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Maybe, but he is a squad player, brought in as cover and we are bloody lucky to have him given the current circumstances.

Ideally he would not have to play but he does emphasise our strength in depth.

He is pretty decent and better than we all expected.

True, but perhaps not a squad player for League 1?
 

Kevin O'Connor

, he gets all over the pitch .
.

not sure I agree with that. Hunt has good feet, a great throw, a good dead ball and is a hard tackler. He rarely gives the ball away and seems to have time on the ball. The only fault is he is very static and rarely moves around. Asaid, a great squad player but KO offers more
 

Kevin O'Connor

Would feel alot more confident with KOC in the team, he seems to steadt the team when he plays, Hunt has done a steady job since he's been in but we need KOC, especially with his experience. Having said that I think we'll win promotion without him.
 

Kevin O'Connor

We havent won since Kev has been out injured! He does his job so well in the middle, his distribution is great and can tackle gets stuck in and steadys everyone one around him keeps team calm!
 

Kevin O'Connor

I saw the team bus arrive yesterday and overheard someone ask Kevin about his injury and he said I should be back for next week.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Hunt played well saturday, he would be unlucky to lose out and you can't drop Bean so :confused:
 

Kevin O'Connor

Hunt played well saturday, he would be unlucky to lose out and you can't drop Bean so :confused:

A difficult one certainly. I'd agree that Hunt played well on Saturday and I thought Bean played far better than he had over the past couple of games. I do think you miss a combative element without Kevin in the side though, and I'm not sure whether our sudden insistance to use Hunt's long throw at every opportunity has been more of a hindrance than a help.

Looking on it positively, it's a good selection headache to have.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Hunt played well saturday, he would be unlucky to lose out and you can't drop Bean so :confused:

I like Hunt and I think that his performances have been full of commitment since he came into the team.
However if KOC is fully fit he has to play IMO
 

Kevin O'Connor

I saw the team bus arrive yesterday and overheard someone ask Kevin about his injury and he said I should be back for next week.

I was also there when the coach arrived and he seemed pretty cheerful and said he would be ok for next saturdays match.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Got to remember that Kev was also captain before his injury - AS clearly holds kev in high regard these days, and I'd expect to see him straight back in the team.
Not a negative reflection on Hunt's contribution though.
 

Kevin O'Connor

:nono:
Got to remember that Kev was also captain before his injury - AS clearly holds kev in high regard these days, and I'd expect to see him straight back in the team.
Not a negative reflection on Hunt's contribution though.

Kev should go on the bench if he's fit. IMHO it would be wrong to drop Hunt as he's scored goals and put in some good performances. It will also give Kev time to get back into the pace with a fifteen minute spell at the end of the game. Central midfield is a high fitness position and Kev needs time.:)
 

Kevin O'Connor

At least Kev is coming back at the right time. Going into our final 6 games...which we have to play in 4 weeks.
Hunt has played well, and scoring goals is an important factor. But Kev had a great partnership with Bean.

I do agree though it wouldnt bee fair to suddenly drop Hunt after his good performances.
AS has a selection headache.
 

Kevin O'Connor

I do agree though it wouldnt bee fair to suddenly drop Hunt after his good performances.
AS has a selection headache.

Andy Scott has shown already that 'being fair' to his players isn't high up his agenda. He'll do whatever is best for the team - and I am pretty sure that means that Kevin O'Connor will be back in the team when he's fit - to the exclusion of David Hunt.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Andy Scott has shown already that 'being fair' to his players isn't high up his agenda. He'll do whatever is best for the team - and I am pretty sure that means that Kevin O'Connor will be back in the team when he's fit - to the exclusion of David Hunt.

I am not sure, i think AS also likes to play players in form so i think Kev may be on bench for Easter games or Sat at least.
 

Kevin O'Connor

I am not sure, i think AS also likes to play players in form so i think Kev may be on bench for Easter games or Sat at least.

I agree with you Nick, Hunt would be difficult to leave out unless KOC was flying again in training and fully fit. Unfortunately the injury broke up a partnership in which Bean is more effective but Hunt & Marcus worked better at Bradford than before.
 

Kevin O'Connor

If fit, I'd bring Kev back for Exeter. Two reasons really - i) we have not won since he's been out and ii) I agree completely with Claire about his partnership with Marcus. I think with Kev, Marcus knows Kev will be the holding player, allowing him to bomb forward as much as he likes/can. Hunty is certainly starting to look the part but I'd start with Kev and have Hunty on the bench. IMHO.
 

Kevin O'Connor

Andy Scott has shown already that 'being fair' to his players isn't high up his agenda. He'll do whatever is best for the team - and I am pretty sure that means that Kevin O'Connor will be back in the team when he's fit - to the exclusion of David Hunt.

Agreed - he dropped phillips, even though he'd done nothing wrong
 

Kevin O'Connor

O'Connor could play right back to save dropping Hunt and as Halls is the most hated man at griffin Park it will save Scott the Head & Shoulders bill increasing for the rest of the season.
 

Kevin O'Connor

I think Kev played RM against Yeovil in the JPT if I remember correctly (and has certainly played there in the past). Wouldn't be a pacy winger, but it might be an option if we want a tight midfield - his best seasons were at RB, but he looked shaky there last season... problem seems to be that we have an excess of talent on the left, are fairly strong in CM, but are lacking on the right (def and mid)
 

Kevin O'Connor

as Halls is the most hated man at griffin Park .

I would suggest that Karleigh holds this title, he was being shouted at during the Bradford game. Now did he do a lot wrong?
 

Kevin O'Connor

O'Connor could play right back to save dropping Hunt and as Halls is the most hated man at griffin Park it will save Scott the Head & Shoulders bill increasing for the rest of the season.

Minority opinion maybe but for me John Halls is an infinitely better player than Karleigh Osborne. Karleigh is at best a League 2/Conference player.
 
Back
Top Bottom