Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez

Liverpool keep wasting money, the amount of transfers that havnt worked out is shocking.
 

Luis Suarez

...............knows where the net is..............
 

Luis Suarez

Liverpool's only good player and he knows it, the way he more often than not decides to go alone.
 

Luis Suarez

I am a fan for today at least after his one man demolition of the Ra Ras.
 

Luis Suarez

very good player, needs more support. Not sure sturridge is the man to help him though. He will be offski in the summer
 

Luis Suarez

His skill and ability to nutmeg people so consistently is ridiculous.
 

Luis Suarez

Liverpool's only good player and he knows it, the way he more often than not decides to go alone.

Errr I think you have forgotten a player by the name of Gerrard. Been one of the most consistent and best midfielders for the last ten years in the Premier league.
 

Luis Suarez

Personally I can't stand the diving, cheating clown, but today I was willing him to score a hat-trick.
 

Luis Suarez

BSG not in the last twelve months at all. He has been very 6/10 most matches.

I think his knees have gone, he seems to move very uncomfortably.

His main strength now is his delivery on the dead ball , which was barely mentioned in his pomp.

Suarez is at least, AT LEAST, twice as important to Liverpool than gerrard in terms of winning games.
 

Luis Suarez

Scored a goal blatent handball against Mansfield, then kissed his hand in celebration!
 

Luis Suarez

Scored a goal blatent handball against Mansfield, then kissed his hand in celebration!

I've seen Bliss do that at Foolham.. he didn't kiss his hand though..
 

Luis Suarez

Cheat,Diver nasty piece of work,with those TEETH should be called the TOOTH FAIRY!
 

Luis Suarez

Cheating little git, I hope someone really sorts him out one day.
 

Luis Suarez

To be honest it was instinctive and he didn't really think it would be given, a clanger by the lino in this case who would have had a good view of it.
 

Luis Suarez

Mansfield looked good up until that cheats goal,in fact they should have had a pen themselves.
 

Luis Suarez

Fair play to the Mansfield manager there
 

Luis Suarez

It wasnt deliberate. He didnt even think it was going to be given. He didnt kiss his hand. He kissed his wrist which he does all the time for his kid. People are such bullies.This country always has to bully and pick on people. You tell me one Brentford player who if it had been them would have pleaded with the officials not to give it?
 

Luis Suarez

It wasnt deliberate. He didnt even think it was going to be given. He didnt kiss his hand. He kissed his wrist which he does all the time for his kid. People are such bullies.This country always has to bully and pick on people. You tell me one Brentford player who if it had been them would have pleaded with the officials not to give it?

Exactly. Plenty of hypocrites on this subject.
 

Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez

To be honest it was instinctive and he didn't really think it would be given, a clanger by the lino in this case who would have had a good view of it.

:imwith:

It wasn't an intentional hand ball to gain an advantage, ie Thierry Henry springs to mind, it bounced quickly back at him, even Suarez looked back thinking it won't be given. The referee awarded it.

He kissed his wrist, which he always does after scoring a goal, not his hand.

I dislike the footballer but he has footballing qualities we'd all like to see an Englishman have.
 

Luis Suarez

I felt so very sorry for Mansfield Town . Can you imagine how we would have felt if that 'handball' had robbed us of a historic draw?
Full marks to Mansfield for rolling their sleeves up and continuing to battle. I felt their display was one of the best I have ever seen from a non-league side.Great support from their fans, too.
And credit to their boss for not whingeing and admitting that he would have expected his players to do what Suarez did ...
 

Luis Suarez

:imwith:

It wasn't an intentional hand ball to gain an advantage, ie Thierry Henry springs to mind, it bounced quickly back at him, even Suarez looked back thinking it won't be given. The referee awarded it.

He kissed his wrist, which he always does after scoring a goal, not his hand.

I dislike the footballer but he has footballing qualities we'd all like to see an Englishman have.

I thought it was intentional, in that he moved his hand, but any striker would do the same, so there's no reason to get on his back... glad the Mansfield boss saw that was the case
 

Luis Suarez

I felt so very sorry for Mansfield Town . Can you imagine how we would have felt if that 'handball' had robbed us of a historic draw?
Full marks to Mansfield for rolling their sleeves up and continuing to battle. I felt their display was one of the best I have ever seen from a non-league side.Great support from their fans, too.
And credit to their boss for not whingeing and admitting that he would have expected his players to do what Suarez did ...

Did it rob them of a draw, it was 2-0 when they scored. Totally different approach to the game from both sides if it had been disallowed.
 

Luis Suarez

I thought it was intentional, in that he moved his hand, but any striker would do the same, so there's no reason to get on his back... glad the Mansfield boss saw that was the case

In this case, I think it's fairly and squarely down to the ref Marriner. On ITV late night round up last night, the lino said he advised the ref who said he'd seen it but it was accidental ball to hand which is scandalous. The fact that Suarez stuttered and then smashed the ball into the net while looking round indicates that he was expecting the handball to be whistled.
 
Last edited:

Luis Suarez

Was more annoyed by Champion, "that is the work of a cheat" . . . so only Johnny Foreigner can be called out as cheats and not noble Englishmen?
 

Luis Suarez

he was to close for the rebound.. so for that reason it wasn't intentional from me..
 

Luis Suarez

he was to close for the rebound.. so for that reason it wasn't intentional from me..

It may not have been intentional but it was hand to ball and the ref should have cancelled it out and there wouldn't have been any complaints from Suarez, the players or Roberts. Thought the Mansfield Manager was gracious and who knows what may have happened if Liverpool hadn't scored but the official got it horribly wrong for me.
 

Luis Suarez

It may not have been intentional but it was hand to ball and the ref should have cancelled it out and there wouldn't have been any complaints from Suarez, the players or Roberts. Thought the Mansfield Manager was gracious and who knows what may have happened if Liverpool hadn't scored but the official got it horribly wrong for me.

I agree.
 

Luis Suarez

I think rule book states ball to hand isn't intentional and then not, handball depending on the hands position
 

Luis Suarez

Did it rob them of a draw, it was 2-0 when they scored. Totally different approach to the game from both sides if it had been disallowed.

Technically, of course, you are correct, Sir.
But I reckon most football supporters on the receiving end of that incident would have claimed they were robbed of a draw. I certainly would have!
I felt, at the time of that goal, Mansfield had been pressing very hard, and Liverpool were looking flustered under that pressure.
 

Luis Suarez

Whether you mean it or not, if the ball striking your hand/arm changes the direction of the ball then a free kick/penalty should be awarded.
The only thing you do not do is send off or book the player for it.

If it is intentional then you book/send off the player, whatever is deemed suitable...
 

Luis Suarez

I think rule book states ball to hand isn't intentional and then not, handball depending on the hands position

I saw it as hand to ball as did most others regardless of what the ref says he saw. Suarez' hand moved down while he was running and hit the ball rather ball to hand. Marriner is another awful, overated ref who shouldn't be still working and appears to court controversy. I personally think he wasn't big enough to admit he'd got it wrong. I'd have thought more of him if he'd gone on record as saying " I'm sorry, with the benefit of TV replay it looks like a clear handball. Unfortunately my team and I didn't have a perfect view and had a split second to make a decision and in hindsight maybe we got it wrong and Mansfield can feel slightly aggrieved on this occasion."
 

Luis Suarez

It wasn't an intentional hand ball to gain an advantage, ie Thierry Henry springs to mind.............

George Stobart springs to my mind when he punched the ball into the net at the Royal Oak end and then rubbed his head to put mud on it against Norwich for a 1-0 victory. How we laughed and cheered but of course George was one of us and not a cheating foreigner. Anyone else remember that famous win??
 

Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez

Maybe he's trying to force their hand to release him - stupid thing to go public on otherwise after he's been publicly backed by both Rodgers and surprisingly more than a few pundits

he looks a bit thick.. maybe he just is..
 

Luis Suarez

Was apparently told by Jack Robinson to "**** off" in the dying moments of the game against Oldham Latics.
 

Luis Suarez

Your teeth are offside. Your teeth are offside. You're Luis Suarez. Your teeth are offside.

Best day ever. See you in the quarter finals!
 

Luis Suarez

Your teeth are offside. Your teeth are offside. You're Luis Suarez. Your teeth are offside.

Best day ever. See you in the quarter finals!

.............well done and good luck..............
 
Back
Top Bottom