Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

hopefully Warburton will get it, still out of contract..

Not a chance, inexperienced as a manager, no European experience and would not have the respect of our super stars!!
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Is he? He's on a rolling contract

I thought he had signed a 3 year deal, but lots of talk about a deal that has stalled
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

.............at least Alladyce hasn't been mentioned...........

Or Redknapp. He will soon be interviewed in car though
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Shearer just said he wants the England job
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

the usual suspects with the usual outcome, where is the maverick choice? the 'Eddie Jones' appointment????
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Usual names none of whom fill you with optimism. People calling for Hiddle yet he has been out of football for years and, even when Manager, the press were in his back

FA have backed themselves into a corner with saying the Manager must be English as quite frankly there are no outstanding candidates so quite where we go from here God knows.

If I were Chairman I would be looking at an honorary Englishman in venger at least his teams play football however quite frankly you could get all the best Managers in the world and combined they couldn't get a performance out of the National team
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Get Klinsman, he is sort of adopted English is he not?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Get an experienced foreign ex International Manager and make his assistants young English coaches and see how we go from there, let's face it the next two World Cups are likely to be the biggest global sporting disasters ever witnessed and doubt they'll get played or actually finish anyway so who really cares if we qualify or not?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I'm going for Eddie Jones,made sure that there was plenty of passion in the way the England Rugby team played in Australia
 
Last edited:

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Get Klinsman, he is sort of adopted English is he not?

More United States of America. However, since Brexit, we may need to become the next State of the USA. Also, Klinsman lives in the US, he wouldn't move over here to be nearer the 'action'.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Shearer just said he wants the England job

Alan remember that game when you were caretaker manager of your beloved Newcastle in April 2009 and you needed to win at Aston Villa to stay up.

That was one of the most inept, directionless, uninspired, spineless performances which reeked of players who didn't care and had given up that I have ever seen.

Please stay in the studio.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Jeremy Corbyn might be looking for a new job soon.....
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I'm going for Eddie Jones,made sure that there was plenty of passion in the way the England Rugby team played in Australia
I agree with you.Knows F all about football the same as his predecessor & has a pair of b***ocks unlike some of his future charges.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Shefki Kuqi the latest name to be linked closely to Oldham.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

the usual suspects with the usual outcome, where is the maverick choice? the 'Eddie Jones' appointment????

the "Eddie Jones" appointment would be a certain Sir Alex Ferguson.
Unfortunately he's a Scot and doesn't like us and probably can't stand the FA.
Perfect part-time job for him.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

the "Eddie Jones" appointment would be a certain Sir Alex Ferguson.
Unfortunately he's a Scot and doesn't like us and probably can't stand the FA.
Perfect part-time job for him.

Wasn't he once asked about it and basically said **** off I don't need or want the hassle
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

what a ****** Hodgson is coming across in the press conference ""I don't know what I'm doing here because I thought my statement last night was sufficient," he said.

"I was told by everyone it was important I appear here because people are smarting from our defeat.

"I suppose someone has to stand and take the slings and arrows that come with it."
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

what a ****** Hodgson is coming across in the press conference ""I don't know what I'm doing here because I thought my statement last night was sufficient," he said.

"I was told by everyone it was important I appear here because people are smarting from our defeat.

"I suppose someone has to stand and take the slings and arrows that come with it."

Why? He's right. You can't have it both ways, you can't want him gone and also to come back and dissect what happened. It's one or the other.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Why? He's right. You can't have it both ways, you can't want him gone and also to come back and dissect what happened. It's one or the other.

He can at least offer an explanation. He earned £2m a year ffs
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

He can at least offer an explanation. He earned £2m a year ffs

Fabio was on 2-3 times that amount and he couldn't explain sh*t even though he had a better win ratio..
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Fabio was on 3 times that amount and he couldn't explain sh*t even though he had a better win ratio..

....cos he couldnt speak English. Roy can speak English, he just can't say resignation, regret and Rooney.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Wasn't he once asked about it and basically said **** off I don't need or want the hassle

Well, that was then, this is now.
He's had a nice lay off, plenty of time to start missing the involvement and he can basically tell the FA "if you want me, these are the terms."
And then 2022 World Cup, group stages, England play Scotland...............well, that's not going to happen, is it?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

All England manager discussion here please.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Spain's manager Vicente del Bosque stepping down, one of the best managers..
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Still waiting for white smoke over Boundary Park.

Kuqi as manager, O'Driscoll as a much unneeded director of football the current rumour.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Ten days to the first pre-season friendly.

No manager.

4 players who have actually played a first team game in the squad.

No goalkeeper.

Peter Shirtliff appointed as coach on Friday. Resigned yesterday.

Millwall 4/6 to win opening game v Oldham.

Oldham 5/2 to be relegated.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Ten days to the first pre-season friendly.

No manager.

4 players who have actually played a first team game in the squad.

No goalkeeper.

Peter Shirtliff appointed as coach on Friday. Resigned yesterday.

Millwall 4/6 to win opening game v Oldham.

Oldham 5/2 to be relegated.

Sad to say it sounds like Blackpool 2014/15 and we all know how that turned out
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

According to the BBC, that may be about to be rectified:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36722999

I hear from someone who's worked with Robinson that he's a decent Coach, especially with youngsters.

But that's different from being a Manager, where he has no real track record.

It's ok, messi is a convicted criminal so we'll be signing him soon.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I agree with the above, Blackpool 14/15 was my first thoughts as well. They ended up with 24 points...

I hope for the best but it's not looking good.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Ok flown to Dublin.

Moved on to Philadelphia.

Still no manager at Oldham athletic.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Ok flown to Dublin.

Moved on to Philadelphia.

Still no manager at Oldham athletic.

and one less player now Rhys Murphy has moved on
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

and one less player now Rhys Murphy has moved on

That's almost a relief. He never adjusted to the frozen north, or five different managers in 18 months.

Steve Robinson appointed Oldham manager. Looks like a sensible choice.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Steve Bruce quits at Hull
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom