Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He's cost us points Vs palace, Everton and now today.He got very lucky Vs Newcastle.he may be good with his feet but we aren't going to win any games cos the goalie can pass.personally I think he should be dropped now and strakosha comes in any half decent keeper could have caught that header with ease
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I'm off the fence now, he's proper dodgy on multiple fronts. I hope Frank and Co can sort him out ASAP.
Agree how is he not even attempting to save that
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I was expecting better from him after the reviews from Germany, let's just say that. Its early days but the signs are not good. The mistakes are evident and need to stop now. TF might need to be cut throat here.

It must be said though, he is unbelievably good with the ball at his feet
 
Last edited:

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He's cost us points Vs palace, Everton and now today.He got very lucky Vs Newcastle.he may be good with his feet but we aren't going to win any games cos the goalie can pass.personally I think he should be dropped now and strakosha comes in any half decent keeper could have caught that cross
Agreed.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is making some big mistakes that are costing us a lot of points ?

He just needs to do better.

Newcastle, Palace and today adds up to 5 ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He's 6ft 5 and gets bullied on crosses and doesn't catch them.

The goal today is pathetic. At least if he tried you could give him some sympathy, but he doesn't even jump for the most routine of saves.

He looks like his confidence has gone. He needs to be dropped for his own good as much as ours.

Then it's up to him to come back stronger. As the league games mixed with pre season has seen a constant furry of mistakes.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is too flat footed, he needs to get up on his toes difficult to jump when your feet are flat on the floor,
and as JFH said after the ball was crossed he needed to get back on his line.

His positioning and commounication skills also need to improve too. TBH.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is too flat footed, he needs to get up on his toes difficult to jump when your feet are flat on the floor,
and as JFH said after the ball was crossed he needed to get back on his line.
I’m convinced he thought he was nearer his line and ball going over. Very poor goal to concede. Had nothing else to do whole game ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Very poor keeper not good enough.
But worrying also when starkosha plays he doesn't look good enough either.
Really something badly wrong with our recruitment of goalkeepers as these 2 are poor previous 2 on loan was poor.
Maybe we need to spend some proper money on a decent goalkeeper and back up look at how we recruit them.If we rated Raya at 40 million might need to spend similar on his replacement.
Let's hope we get through to January and then get it sorted.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’m convinced he thought he was nearer his line and ball going over. Very poor goal to concede. Had nothing else to do whole game ?
That's my interpretation as you don't see 'keepers doing that if they know they're in trouble of conceding a goal like that.

They lean and stretch to finger-tip it away but he seemed weirdly passive and flat-footed in that moment.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Needs to get a grip of himself. You’re not rated the best keeper in the Bundesliga for nothing but we’re seeing nothing like that keeper at the moment.
Indeed. I was expecting to see an assured keeper as I’m sure many of us were considering what he cost.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)


1696175060445.png


Maybe he thought it was going over? Happened very quickly but just seemed bizarre.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is reminding me of David Bentley in his last season at the club. Mistake after mistake and he is losing his confidence big time.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Certainly should have done better with the goal and so far crosses do seem to be an issue but I honestly don't think he is as bad as many are making out. Thank god we don't have the Forest keeper Turner who I thought was shockingly poor.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Certainly should have done better with the goal and so far crosses do seem to be an issue but I honestly don't think he is as bad as many are making out. Thank god we don't have the Forest keeper Turner who I thought was shockingly poor.
I concur.
Flekken is the best keeper at the club and will hopefully improve as the season goes on.
Maybe at fault, position wise for the goal we conceded but who was marking the scorer ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

According to @HerefordB completely running down our own players over and over again is fine but to insult an opposition manager who we have plenty of history with is to be frowned upon.
Don't take things too seriously pal. Its just a kick about on a grass field. Far more important things to get indignant about. Try to chill....
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

**** knows what he’s going to be like when we actually play one of the sides that really put him under pressure.
He deserves to be dropped but the alternatives don’t exactly inspire confidence. Perhaps Forest might like to take him in January, Turner was actually worse !
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He‘s making an error every other week at the moment and it’s already cost us a number of points this season. At 30, he’s also not exactly a young, raw talent with who you’d expect the odd error every now and then. The cup game on Wednesday was the perfect opportunity to give Strakosha a chance vs decent opposition and see what he’s about, very strange that we chose to start Flekken that game.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Maybe we need to spend some proper money on a decent goalkeeper and back up look at how we recruit them.If we rated Raya at 40 million might need to spend similar on his replacement.
I would class £11m as proper money.

No way are we going to spend £40m on any player, let alone a goalkeeper.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is reminding me of David Bentley in his last season at the club. Mistake after mistake and he is losing his confidence big time.
I've always thought he looks like Bentley too.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Certainly should have done better with the goal and so far crosses do seem to be an issue but I honestly don't think he is as bad as many are making out. Thank god we don't have the Forest keeper Turner who I thought was shockingly poor.
How much did Forest pay for him?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I would class £11m as proper money.

No way are we going to spend £40m on any player, let alone a goalkeeper.
Well we bid at least that for Brennan J, but agreed, we won't spend that on a keeper.

Flekken IS a good keeper - he wouldn't have won the golden glove in the Bundesliga if he wasn't. For whatever reason though, he is costing us points and is losing confidence. In time that will spread to the defence and team - maybe it has already. I also don't think Strakosha is the answer and feel the club would like him off the books if they could.

I've said before that I don't like flapping keepers, even though 99% of them prefer not to catch these days. I wonder if he being coached to do things in training that take him out of his comfort zone?

I'm just hoping he comes good soon.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Well we bid at least that for Brennan J, but agreed, we won't spend that on a keeper.

Flekken IS a good keeper - he wouldn't have won the golden glove in the Bundesliga if he wasn't. For whatever reason though, he is costing us points and is losing confidence. In time that will spread to the defence and team - maybe it has already. I also don't think Strakosha is the answer and feel the club would like him off the books if they could.

I've said before that I don't like flapping keepers, even though 99% of them prefer not to catch these days. I wonder if he being coached to do things in training that take him out of his comfort zone?

I'm just hoping he comes good soon.
We all do mate. Otherwise it could get a bit dicey.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I think that Flekken is very good with his feet & is a good shot stopper; I'm less sure about the aerial part of his play though.

It all reminds me of the arguements in cricket with wicketkeepers. Their ability to score runs became much more important than other aspects of their play so much so that scoring quick runs became the main criterion. I wonder if similar applies to Flekken, i.e. his recruitment was based on his ability to pass the ball, set up quick attacks, etc. rather than the sorts of attributes that goalkeepers traditionally had.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is literally another David Button. A calamity waiting to happen. All rounded he has been very very poor it’s concerning. Can’t see this improving until he’s dropped and then potentially bided back in at a push…
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is literally another David Button. A calamity waiting to happen. All rounded he has been very very poor it’s concerning. Can’t see this improving until he’s dropped and then potentially bided back in at a push…
Can't see him being dropped tbh
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Very poor keeper not good enough.
But worrying also when starkosha plays he doesn't look good enough either.
Really something badly wrong with our recruitment of goalkeepers as these 2 are poor previous 2 on loan was poor.
Maybe we need to spend some proper money on a decent goalkeeper and back up look at how we recruit them.If we rated Raya at 40 million might need to spend similar on his replacement.
Let's hope we get through to January and then get it sorted.

Totally agree but I got slated last week for mentioning our last 4 keepers. He's not going improve a great deal at 30.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is literally another David Button. A calamity waiting to happen. All rounded he has been very very poor it’s concerning. Can’t see this improving until he’s dropped and then potentially bided back in at a push…

To be fair, after a shaky start David Button came good
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom