Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Point blank range Ghoddas loses his man.

Haters are always going to find a way to hate. Quite sad really.

He was very assured, great distribution and looked a lot calmer coming for crosses, punched a couple but in dodgy areas he couldn't catch.
Yeah, I hate Flekken. Grow up. Football is a game of opinions.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Unconvincing again, just seems to lack a bit of that cockiness that most goalkeepers at this level have.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

FFS. Again, a difference of opinion is not an agenda.

I support Brentford and support every player on that pitch. The ball has gone through his legs at his near post. I think he could have done better, you don't.

Flekken is not the reason we lost
This is what happens on here lol
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

There were two possible outcomes for the header down and, with milliseconds to react, he conceded because his legs were not close together but he’d have been a hero if they weren’t. Personally, I’m more concerned with the lack of closing down to prevent the cross, which was obvious from my view, and that the scorer was allowed to run free in the box.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

No chance with the winner last night, but felt he should have done better with the disallowed goal. Other than that he was pretty solid.
It was a good save from Jesus' header, the only minus was that he pushed it straight up – from a reaction save that can happen. Trossard was only able to nod in the rebound because he was offside.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

There is a reason that pr**k is blocked. Talks out of his a*se and revels in players struggling
There’s a great button on twitter called ‘block’. I call it the ‘anti-muppet’ option. And when someone like Uzzi (might be doing a disservice to Gonzo & Animal here…) comes to the fore, I treat them like the muppet they are and never hear from them again. Triggering people is their oxygen. Starve him of oxygen and he will slowly suffocate.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

There was a corner that he punched out in the first half that I swear no Brentford goalkeeper over the last 48 years that I have been watching wouldn’t have tried to catch (certain might have dropped it into the net).
I assuming yuou must have missed the games Ashley Bayes played then.....I mean Ashley might have TRIED to catch it
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I assuming yuou must have missed the games Ashley Bayes played then.....I mean Ashley might have TRIED to catch it
If you read my post again a bit more carefully, I think you might find we are basically saying the same thing (the bit about dropping it into the net).
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Keepers ain't what they used to be. All downhill since Flying Fred Rycraft....
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I assuming yuou must have missed the games Ashley Bayes played then.....I mean Ashley might have TRIED to catch it
The way I remember it was Ashley Bayes tried to push it over the bar for a corner.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I assuming yuou must have missed the games Ashley Bayes played then.....I mean Ashley might have TRIED to catch it
Poor Ashley I think must have had astigmatism and was probably going for the wrong ball.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

No chance with the winner last night, but felt he should have done better with the disallowed goal. Other than that he was pretty solid.
Yes, it seemed to me that he tried to jump, but mid-timed it, and was coming downwards when the ball was coming past him. It was disallowed anyway so there’s no fuss.
I can’t remember the match, but he’s done it before.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’m no Flekken worrier but from the NS and imo he had to catch that one and not punch it weakly straight back to unmarked Saka
OK, I only saw it once, but for me to shout at the television “F***ing catch it why not?” when he did not deal with it effectively explains my view.
OK, I’ve watched it back. In the interests of fairness and honesty, he should have caught it, and Saka was indeed unmarked. Mustn’t have had the best view from where I was. At least his punch was decisive and away from the centre of goal. I still maintain that he punched less than previously yesterday, and caught much more. Still delighted with his performance and continuing improvement.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

OK, I’ve watched it back. In the interests of fairness and honesty, he should have caught it, and Saka was indeed unmarked. Mustn’t have had the best view from where I was. At least his punch was decisive and away from the centre of goal. I still maintain that he punched less than previously yesterday, and caught much more. Still delighted with his performance and continuing improvement.
Agreed on all counts, we had a great view and there were many gulps over that punch, his game is getting better and better, I still hope he becomes more commanding and forwards start bouncing off him, it took Raya a while and a Jack Bidwell embarrassing push at Swansea to get him going on that imo. So far so good. ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

No blame for the goal, if he does pull off a save from Havertz it is a worldie.
Flekken is a solid keeper with an excellent kicking game, a big man his style is very different from the shorter & very agile Raya.
Raya's footwork & reactions were amongst the best in this division Flekken hasn't got that speed or agility & perhaps in comparison looks a little leaden footed at times.
Perhaps we've been spoilt or it'll just take us a while to appreciate Flekken's attributes.
I think Flekken has had better games on late than yesterday but long term I have few concerns about him as our No.1.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I'm happy the goalkeeper coach reads GPG and has Flekken catching the ball rather than punching it out to the opposition.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He was pleased to be achieving what, 50%? He was bailed out by Rice and Zinchenko for 2 of our best chances.
Fortunately for him, Arsenal had parked the bus on the goal line. How are you meant to play against that, Mikel, eh? Especially with all that time-wasting thrown in as well. Came for a draw and fluked all three points! ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Well thankfully I have no time for 'expected goals'. And anyone like Ten Hag who thinks that ManU have the second best goalie in the PL needs their eyes tested. Treat with a pinch of salt a bit like life expectancy. That table is a month out of date already (we have now conceded 18) and might just be worth viewing towards the end of the season once the teams and the tactics have sorted themselves out better.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Could have done better with the goal? Certainly left exposed for the chance in the first place but it’s not like the Luton lad’s then put it right in the corner
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Could have done better with the goal? Certainly left exposed for the chance in the first place but it’s not like the Luton lad’s then put it right in the corner
Harsh to blame him for the goal. He has been beaten a few times like that this season, including the American tour.

He could of been more dominant for the disallowed goal?

Steady performance in all without having much to do.

Once again, second to none with the ball at his feet.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Could have done better with the goal? Certainly left exposed for the chance in the first place but it’s not like the Luton lad’s then put it right in the corner
Sometimes harder to save closer to you.
More difficult to get down quickly.
Pick on the defender that didn’t clear the ball if you want to blame someone
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I'd rather he didn't do those turns in the box as looks great when it works but it'd be a certain goal if it went wrong
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Could have done better with the goal? Certainly left exposed for the chance in the first place but it’s not like the Luton lad’s then put it right in the corner
Absolutely not. Completely exposed with the whole goal to cover. He had nothing to do today except keep play ticking over. His distribution was top drawer
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

There's no doubting his excellent distribution but for me he needs a full season to prove himself.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

The one who is second bottom is in the England squad. Looking forward to seeing the best keeper in the league today. ?
I think today demonstrated the limits of that data set. Their keeper spilled one and fumbled another in the first half. Distributed poorly and look like a rabbit in the headlights. Flekken was calmness personified.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Not for the first time some excellent distribution let down by poor shot stopping. Was fantastic with the ball at his feet but had to do a lot better for the goal, Luton did nothing to warrant taking away our clean sheet today.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Better with his feet than Raya. Even dribbled it out towards their #9 and dispatched it
100%

I would argue its between him and Ederson for no.1 with ball at their feet.

I'm my opinion, he looks a long behind Raya on handling, commanding the box and shot stopping. He isnt bad, just the different in class shines out for me. We were simply blessed with Raya and Flekken will come continue to improve.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Could have done better with the goal? Certainly left exposed for the chance in the first place but it’s not like the Luton lad’s then put it right in the corner
Personally I don't think any keeper is saving that. Their player had all the time in the world to place it out of reach, regardless of it not being "in the corner". If it wasn't Flekken conceding I think the goalkeeping would have gone completely unremarked on.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

100%

I would argue its between him and Ederson for no.1 with ball at their feet.

I'm my opinion, he looks a long behind Raya on handling, commanding the box and shot stopping. He isnt bad, just the different in class shines out for me. We were simply blessed with Raya and Flekken will come continue to improve.

I'm hoping for an improvement still, not in the same league as Raya but he's looking better than pre-season and the first few games.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Not for the first time some excellent distribution let down by poor shot stopping. Was fantastic with the ball at his feet but had to do a lot better for the goal, Luton did nothing to warrant taking away our clean sheet today.
? surely that’s a wind up
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I reckon he'll be quite disappointed to have conceded that. Outside of the box and not near the corner. Was good aside from that but didn't have much to do.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I'm hoping for an improvement still, not in the same league as Raya but he's looking better than pre-season and the first few games.
Of course he is not in the same league as Raya, only a few GK are, and they cost £30 million in a heist!
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Talk about confirmation bias.

Their goal was pretty much unstoppable.

Yes it’s annoying when he conceded from their only effort on target but it wasn’t down to him.
Without seeing it again, he had no chance, he can leave that weird thing he and Ethan did just after the ht kick off on the training ground though, talk about poo myself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom