Mark McCammon

Mark McCammon

Racist or not I don't know but from what has come out in the media thus far it would certainly seem that Gillingham were keen to 'manage' McCammon out of the club.
:imwith: I hope he wins, that would teach that ****er Scally a lesson.. no wonder Hessenthaler moved up stairs..
 

Mark McCammon

:imwith: I hope he wins, that would teach that ****er Scally a lesson.. no wonder Hessenthaler moved up stairs..

Surely if he moved up stairs, he'd be sitting nearer to Scally ?
 

Mark McCammon

Interesting evidence... I fancy he might actually get a result.
 

Mark McCammon

Interesting evidence... I fancy he might actually get a result.

Seems to me that it will be difficult to prove that they treated him like that because of the colour of his skin. More likely they just wanted rid of him.
 

Mark McCammon

Seems to me that it will be difficult to prove that they treated him like that because of the colour of his skin. More likely they just wanted rid of him.

I agree, him being crap more so than being black.Sounds like MM is just using this racist stuff as he has no real evidence to back his claim up.
 
Last edited:

Mark McCammon

I agree, him being crap more so than being black

I think that probably is the real case yes, I just think the evidence is quite interesting.
Things like the 15% wage reduction if they got relegated "only being verbally agreed" and missing off his actual contract.
Him and other black players having to come in when it snowed when white players were told they didn't have to was probably down to where they were coming from.
Interesting case all the same.
 

Mark McCammon

I agree, him being crap more so than being black.Sounds like MM is just using this racist stuff as he has no real evidence to back his claim up.

As bad as he may be that is not the issue in the eyes of either Employment law or the tribunal. I tend to agree that on the evidence thus far it would be difficult to prove racial discrimination however the other charges i.e. breach of contract, unfair dismissal and failure of his ex-employer to pay him may be a little easier to substantiate.
 

Mark McCammon

Gillingham have a lot of crap players, so the question is whether he was treated worse than the other dross they had generally on their books and whether this was for racist reasons.

He was rubbish for us but no more so and in honesty, probably less so than say pinamonte or any number of other players. So it is hard to say that it would be ok to treat him badly on the basis of being incapable of carrying on his duties as an employee of the club (compare say the chancer who managed to get onto the pitch for Southampton in the premier league on the basis that he was a mate of George weah). Even then the thing to do would be to dismiss him for lack of capacity.
 

Mark McCammon

As bad as he may be that is not the issue in the eyes of either Employment law or the tribunal. I tend to agree that on the evidence thus far it would be difficult to prove racial discrimination however the other charges i.e. breach of contract, unfair dismissal and failure of his ex-employer to pay him may be a little easier to substantiate.

He tried to deck Hessenthaler didnt he ?
 

Mark McCammon

anyone, did he win or not??
 

Mark McCammon

Interesting evidence... I fancy he might actually get a result.

Probably more to do with the fact he was on 2.5K per week and was sh*te rather than black.

Always reminds me f a joke lenny henry told... "asked a girl to dance in a night club, she said no, I said is it because I am black, she said no, its because you're an ugly bastard"
 

Mark McCammon

Probably more to do with the fact he was on 2.5K per week and was sh*te rather than black.

Always reminds me f a joke lenny henry told... "asked a girl to dance in a night club, she said no, I said is it because I am black, she said no, its because you're an ugly bastard"

2.5k a week :shocked:
 

Mark McCammon

2.5k a week :shocked:

Ludicrous, £130k a year and he's not very good at his job. A centre forward who doesn't score goals and seems to be making a name for upsetting colleagues having fallen out with players at Millwall and Donny and the management team at Gills.
 

Mark McCammon

Ludicrous, £130k a year and he's not very good at his job. A centre forward who doesn't score goals and seems to be making a name for upsetting colleagues having fallen out with players at Millwall and Donny and the management team at Gills.

With Scally, our old friend Stimson, Hessenthaler who's always struck me as a yob, and now Mad Dog I reckon the Dalai Lama could fall out with the management team at GFC.
 

Mark McCammon

With Scally, our old friend Stimson, Hessenthaler who's always struck me as a yob, and now Mad Dog I reckon the Dalai Lama could fall out with the management team at GFC.

Not wrong, apparently Hessenthaler while short is one very tough and nasty cookie and is one of the few people who Scally would rather not fall out with. I suspect it will kick off there at some stage with the three personalities involved there now!!!!
 

Mark McCammon

they are a really nasty bunch. and (officially) racist too. mccammon always gave his all for us.

i don't give ma 'til xmas one way or the other with them.
 

Mark McCammon

they are a really nasty bunch. and (officially) racist too. mccammon always gave his all for us.

i don't give ma 'til xmas one way or the other with them.

Totally vindicates SMT's decision to take them to tribunal. Fair play to him for not letting them get away with it. Those responsible for this at their club should hang their heads in shame.
 

Mark McCammon

perhaps MM should consider a future career as a solictor or lawyer as he is much more succesful there then infront of goal.
 

Mark McCammon

Totally vindicates SMT's decision to take them to tribunal. Fair play to him for not letting them get away with it. Those responsible for this at their club should hang their heads in shame.

Trouble is the club revolves around one man who seems to pull all the strings even if he is in tax exile abroad....
 

Mark McCammon

Mark McCammon

I hope the FA throw the book at Gillingford, 50 point deduction for starters...

Could they counter claim under the Trades Description Act as the goods they purchased were neither as described (footballer), fit for purpose(scoring goals) or of a merchantable quality?
 

Mark McCammon

Could they counter claim under the Trades Description Act as the goods they purchased were neither as described (footballer), fit for purpose(scoring goals) or of a merchantable quality?

lol
 

Mark McCammon

they are a really nasty bunch. and (officially) racist too. mccammon always gave his all for us.i don't give ma 'til xmas one way or the other with them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. not totally sure about that
 

Mark McCammon

Could they counter claim under the Trades Description Act as the goods they purchased were neither as described (footballer), fit for purpose(scoring goals) or of a merchantable quality?

I think they may have gone beyond the 28 days in respect of a returns policy!
 

Mark McCammon

If I'm ever looking to spend over 100K on something I tend to research it first. I think there were plenty of negative consumer reviews on this McCammon for Gillingham to only have their ('racist') selves to blame.
 
Back
Top Bottom