Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Warburton

What do you class as successful? :sneakoff:

Established in The Championship, playing attractive football with bigger crowds in a new stadium.
My point is MB is an ambitious owner and if MW is still with us it suggests it's because he's doing his job well?
 

Mark Warburton

Yep very good interview, so pleased we have him as our manager. Murray saying push up Brentford :D
 

Mark Warburton

Mark Warburton

:banghead:

11 o'clock. :mad2:

:zzzzz:

;)
 

Mark Warburton

I just want to say I greatly admire Warbs, and I think he has done a super job since taking over . There was still much to be done to secure promotion, in such a competitive division, and he got virtually every decision right, as well as conducting himself admirably. It is easy to overlook the fact that he has had very little first-team management experience. He seems superbly cut out for the job, though...
We have been fortunate in having two very good managers in one season!:)
I imagine next season will be a huge challenge, but Warbs certainly seems to have the intellect to handle it all.
Let us make sure we give him and his squad the backing they will need :sorted:
 

Mark Warburton

Meant to post this last week.

We were on next table to him at Players ball. Spoke to him on at least three occasions as I squeezed past the tables. Three things that struck me:

1. An absolute gentleman / professional.
2. Thinks "we'll be alright" next year. Very positive about that
3. As Alan McCormack put his jacket on to collect his award (as other players did), I commented to him that showed a level of discipline. He just nodded & smiled.

We are in good hands.
 

Mark Warburton

Meant to post this last week.

We were on next table to him at Players ball. Spoke to him on at least three occasions as I squeezed past the tables. Three things that struck me:

1. An absolute gentleman / professional.
2. Thinks "we'll be alright" next year. Very positive about that
3. As Alan McCormack put his jacket on to collect his award (as other players did), I commented to him that showed a level of discipline. He just nodded & smiled.

We are in good hands.

I was on the next table and he told me you were a bloody nuisance
 

Mark Warburton

Brilliant interview. Thanks for sharing it.

You can't listen to that without an enormous sense of pride at following this club. I hope I am right when I say that we are only just at the beginning of one of the great stories in football (Mark's is a great story in itself). Things are being done the right way at every key moment - well done Mark, Matthew and everyone else involved with the club.

Hope he gets a good contract and the success continues.
 

Mark Warburton

Fantastic interview, how very very lucky we are to have Mark as our Manager, not only does he Talk the Talk, but with promotion he Walks the Walk, how refreshing it is the hear a manager who knows how to sell our club and have a long term vision for us, everything that has been in the planning these last couple of years is now falling very nicely into place, Thanks to Matthew, Mark & all the backup team, good times ahead indeed.
 

Mark Warburton

Fantastic interview, how very very lucky we are to have Mark as our Manager, not only does he Talk the Talk, but with promotion he Walks the Walk, how refreshing it is the hear a manager who knows how to sell our club and have a long term vision for us, everything that has been in the planning these last couple of years is now falling very nicely into place, Thanks to Matthew, Mark & all the backup team, good times ahead indeed.

You forgot to credit Luke Kirton and John the groundsman.
 

Mark Warburton

Surprised it is taking so long, can't be any disagreement on keeping him is there? Guess it could be over the length of the contract or similar..

He's been on holiday I think.
 

Mark Warburton

He's been on holiday I think.

When I was being a bloody nuisance / stalking him at the players ball, I asked him how much holiday he would have. "10 days" he said!!! Unbelievable really, when you think of the pressure he works under. I got 6 weeks holiday when I worked for BT!!!
 

Mark Warburton

Surprised it is taking so long, can't be any disagreement on keeping him is there? Guess it could be over the length of the contract or similar..

He may be a very nice guy and MB does appear to be the best sort of boss but it doesn't mean that either of them are push overs when it comes down to business. Remember where they met. In the City of London nice guys come last. They both obviously want the best deal that they can get for themselves and I'm not surprised that its taking a bit of time.
 

Mark Warburton

2013-14 team picture on the OS. I have to say that Warbs looks the part in a tracksuit.:Drofl;)
 

Mark Warburton

I think his agent has put out the story that he will wait until his contract expires officially and will be evaluating all offers received before then with a view to making his decision known in good time for him to sign the required players for next season... or something like that.
 

Mark Warburton

Still waiting for the call to be Rotherham kit man ......
 

Mark Warburton

I think his agent has put out the story that he will wait until his contract expires officially and will be evaluating all offers received before then with a view to making his decision known in good time for him to sign the required players for next season... or something like that.

Agent? You sure?he's employed by his mate think they are more likely to sort things out over a pint why would he want an agent.
 

Mark Warburton

From someone like Henry Winter, that's quite an endorsement.
It certainly is, but it's also an indictment of the calibre of English Coaches generally, when a 51 year old newcomer with half a season in League One is being talked about as a possible future candidate for the England job.

(Absolutely no disrespect to MW, btw).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom