beebopalula
Well-known member
New Manager Poll
MA or GJ - either will do nicely. MA will have the house rocking again although I doubt he could get us up. GJ would be preferable but I'd settle for MA and celebrating good times again.
GJ is a solid league 1 replacement but difficult to get to excited if he is appointed as we need to be looking to the future. Would like to see a younger manager appointed. Be good to see if we will all be walking in a Forster wonderland and then if he is not ready bring back Mad dog!!
Coppell wouldn't stay any longer than he normally does, and to be honest gary johnson belongs in a higher division. Martin allen is still the best bet to revitalise the club and the fanbase and maybe take us up finally
GJ now at 1/4 for Sheff Wed job
http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/manager-specials/t10002896.html?tracking=betslmedia
Martin Allen for me.
He's outspoken, loves this club, regrets ever leaving,
gives 100%, gets great media coverage and makes GP
a very enjoyable place to be.
Always remember, MA ran his team with very little money !

GJ now at 1/4 for Sheff Wed job
http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/manager-specials/t10002896.html?tracking=betslmedia
I really feel we could move forward under Johnson; he's got a lot of experience, a good-ish track record, lives locally and has some tenuous Brentford connections. For me, the only one on the present list that could take us forward.

Realistically Coppell and Hughton won't come here.
My heart says Martin Allen. My head says Gary Johnson, despite his "Putney" connection.
Martin Allen for me left the club but was let down by the sale of DJ Campbell we would of got just as much in the summer for him.
Want the atmosphere back never been the same since
MA sold DJ.Had no need to and cost us promotion and goals imho.
Martin Allen for me left the club but was let down by the sale of DJ Campbell we would of got just as much in the summer for him.
Want the atmosphere back never been the same since
I would really love to have Paul Tisdale. He has done a wonderful job at Exeter and watching the FOOTball every match must be great.
I voted for Johnson, Allen, Hughton and Coppell... and so it seems did everyone else!
Martin Allen for me left the club but was let down by the sale of DJ Campbell we would of got just as much in the summer for him.
Want the atmosphere back never been the same since
What?? No need to? If he didn't go the possibility of admin was huge!
Yes we heard but thought you were joking.
we were going for promotion.sold him immediately after the Sunderland game.If that game had been a 1-1 draw DJ would have been playing in the replay.

Nah. We needed cash and quick!do a search, if it works! All info on here.
:yes:
Re Mattys post
I dont think I want Johnson now !

are you joking, i hope so or sorry mate you have not learnt anything from this... NO TO YOUNGER MANAGER, NEEDS TO BE EXPEREINCED OR WERE BE GOING THROUGH THIS AGAIN SOONER THAN LATER!
My Brizzle mate's view of Johnson:
"Johnson is a strict disciplinarian who doesn't take any messing. He seems only able to work with players who have a certain mindset and his motivational style appears to be quite close to straight bullying. I've heard numerous tales of bust-ups with players and once a player has upset him he's generally off pretty soon after.
He was exactly what City needed when he arrived. Had a huge falling out with the squad at first but once they came round he created an incredible spirit and work ethic which took them to the playoff final. He couldn't seem to modify that style, though, and some of the more "flair" players such as Noble and Trundle barely got a look in (I have Trundle's book - he really, really hates Johnson)
He has a tendency to sign players he's worked with before, even if he's fallen out with them before. It's usually good for a bit till he falls out with them again.
In terms of playing style, I think he probably works with what he's got. At Yeovil he found some attacking players who were way too good for that level and they played fantastic football. At City he built a more workmanlike side, though they played some neat stuff in the playoff season. It got worse over the years, though.
Expect him to hire his brother as chief scout. They got us some real lower-league gems (Basso, McCombe, Noble) but struggled at the higher level. Signing-wise, the low point was a striker from Slovakia called Peter Styvar who was signed off the back of one goal against Villa in the UEFA cup. He was hopeless and it later turned out he'd played most of his career at full-back up till that game.
Basically, I think he's a great league one manager who gets a bit exposed higher up. He can only work with players who respond well to being shouted at. If he can build a squad of them he'll do well - I don't think any of his teams have finished outside the top 10 of their league since he joined Yeovil. He's a very entertaining chap and the football can be decent too. Don't expect to see much of any player who doesn't work hard for the team and/or enjoys a drink. Any league one club could do a lot, lot worse than hire him. I've still got a lot of time for the guy.
Oh, and his son is out of contract in the summer so expect him to turn up at some point and be small and ineffective in your midfield.
I think that's everything. I hope he goes to Brentford. I think he'd do a good job there."
My Brizzle mate's view of Johnson:
"Johnson is a strict disciplinarian who doesn't take any messing. He seems only able to work with players who have a certain mindset and his motivational style appears to be quite close to straight bullying. I've heard numerous tales of bust-ups with players and once a player has upset him he's generally off pretty soon after."