Pim Balkenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pim Balkenstein

This post is about Pim Balkestein and some people want to turn it into " what do you think of Karleigh " ?
IMO Osborne is an OK league One centre back, he's 23 years old has bags of league games under his belt, and has been watched by dozens of managers and scouts who frequent Griffin Park. If he was highly rated he would have been snapped up by now.
Pim can be our best centre back..........................
 

Pim Balkenstein

This post is about Pim Balkestein and some people want to turn it into " what do you think of Karleigh " ?
IMO Osborne is an OK league One centre back, he's 23 years old has bags of league games under his belt, and has been watched by dozens of managers and scouts who frequent Griffin Park. If he was highly rated he would have been snapped up by now.
Pim can be our best centre back..........................

You're quite right, the thread should be about Pim. However FWIW, Karleigh IMO is much better than an ok League 1 centre back and I'd put money on him playing Championship football in the near future.

Pim has all the attributes to be a great centre half but unless he can rediscover his early form for us, he'll find it very difficult to displace either Leon or Karleigh.
 

Pim Balkenstein

........................no they don't, you still haven't worked out how to use a full stop or capital letters properly..........................................:shrug:

......................................imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't they say?..............................:shrug:
 

Pim Balkenstein

......................................imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't they say?..............................:shrug:
Really? Do you reckon ISB's trying to pull me then? :suspect:
 

Pim Balkenstein

Really? Do you reckon ISB's trying to pull me then? :suspect:

...................not knowing either of you, I really wouldn't like to hazard a guess - but don't knock it just because you haven't tried it............................ HTH
 

Pim Balkenstein

You're quite right, the thread should be about Pim. However FWIW, Karleigh IMO is much better than an ok League 1 centre back and I'd put money on him playing Championship football in the near future.

Pim has all the attributes to be a great centre half but unless he can rediscover his early form for us, he'll find it very difficult to displace either Leon or Karleigh.


I think it will be a clean start for quite a few, just hope the story that Uwe has watched 6 games is true and has already spotted the weaknesses in the squad.
 

Pim Balkenstein

You're quite right, the thread should be about Pim. However FWIW, Karleigh IMO is much better than an ok League 1 centre back and I'd put money on him playing Championship football in the near future.

Pim has all the attributes to be a great centre half but unless he can rediscover his early form for us, he'll find it very difficult to displace either Leon or Karleigh.

In a nutshell.
 

Pim Balkenstein

If he can rediscover his form he should be first choice alongside Karleigh. Leon has been great the past 2 years but on the ground he is a limited footballer....although in the air he's immense ,i suppose it depends what you want from your centre backs.
 

Pim Balkenstein

I think it will be a clean start for quite a few, just hope the story that Uwe has watched 6 games is true and has already spotted the weaknesses in the squad.

It came from abee so I for one do not doubt it.
 

Pim Balkenstein

as we're going all continental, i expect pimberley to have a great season in 2011-12.
 

Pim Balkenstein

This post is about Pim Balkestein and some people want to turn it into " what do you think of Karleigh " ?
IMO Osborne is an OK league One centre back, he's 23 years old has bags of league games under his belt, and has been watched by dozens of managers and scouts who frequent Griffin Park. If he was highly rated he would have been snapped up by now.
Pim can be our best centre back..........................

So its a thread about Pim and not KO, yet you then go on and write about KO. :confused::banghead:
 

Pim Balkenstein

........................no they don't, you still haven't worked out how to use a full stop or capital letters properly..........................................:shrug:

..........yep........you tell him.............
 

Pim Balkenstein

I think Pim will be a different player this season with a full pre season behind him, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him start alongside Eger as our first choice CB pairing.
 
Last edited:

Pim Balkenstein

I think Pim will be a different player this season with a full pre season behind him, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him start alongside Eger as our first choice CB pairing.

KO bees ledge and i rekon better, quicker than both!! If UWE is as clever as well all hope KO will be in 1st 11!!!!
 

Pim Balkenstein

It seems that Pim is in almost every photo on the O/S of the trip to Norway. And he is smiling! I have always felt he has it in him to be a great CB - a real Bees legend of the Big Tel variety. I do hope that this is 'his' season.
 

Pim Balkenstein

If he can rediscover his form he should be first choice alongside Karleigh. Leon has been great the past 2 years but on the ground he is a limited footballer....although in the air he's immense ,i suppose it depends what you want from your centre backs.

I agree, as much as I love Leon's commitment on the pitch, Pim is a better footballer IMO and should be our first choice
 

Pim Balkenstein

I agree, as much as I love Leon's commitment on the pitch, Pim is a better footballer IMO and should be our first choice

As has been said before though, he has to prove he deserves to be first choice. Something he certainly didn't do last year.
 

Pim Balkenstein

I hope all four CBs prove they deserve to be first choice... and cause Uwe a headache.
 

Pim Balkenstein

i think pim may end up playing as our 1st choice left back this season
 

Pim Balkenstein

i think pim may end up playing as our 1st choice left back this season

i hope not. id rather pim show us what he can do in the middle, and leave the left back postion to either sam wood or the new lad from city
 

Pim Balkenstein

i hope not. id rather pim show us what he can do in the middle, and leave the left back postion to either sam wood or the new lad from city

Has woodman suddenly been forgotten? For the first part of last season, he was arguably our best player, along with KO!
 

Pim Balkenstein

Woodman was one of our best players until he started playing with an injury. I'm quite happy with him at left back.
 

Pim Balkenstein

Woodman was one of our best players until he started playing with an injury. I'm quite happy with him at left back.

When we signed Woodman last season I wrote him off before I had even seen him kick a ball, how ducking wrong I was.
No suprise the amount of games he played. 7 out of 10 each week. Got a great left foot, ability to cross and take free kicks is also a plus and can be improved on!
We all agree . . .
 

Pim Balkenstein

i think pim may end up playing as our 1st choice left back this season

Not sure he would fit into Uwe's plan of fullbacks bombing on with overlaps! But would say he would useful for a plan B to shut up shop. Really hope Pim shows us why we signed him and puts in a shift this season!
 

Pim Balkenstein

Pim definitely has the talent to be in a championship winning side but we need to see it consistently if he is going to dislodge any of the other three.

Also, he isn't a left back by any stretch :looks:
 

Pim Balkenstein

Uwe could be thinking of 3 centre backs to tie things up in a close game. IMO Pim will be an important member of the squad this season,
 

Pim Balkenstein

i think pim may end up playing as our 1st choice left back this season

No way, Pim will hopefully re-capture the form he had when on loan from Ipswich at CB. Logan and Woodman are first choice FBs imo, but if they need replacing we can't replace with like for like. KOC,Woody,Pim, they can all do a job at FB but would hate their place in the team to be more than a couple of games at most, as I feel they would get found out against the better teams in lge 1.
 

Pim Balkenstein

saw he was playing lb for ipswich when he was there,
dont get me wrong i thought woodman was great last year and seems like a great bloke but im not sure he can improve on that.
i reckon pim has more natural ability though and with the city lad bombing on all the time it might suit us to have a more defence minded full back on the other side.
plus i cant see him displacing legge or osborne let alone edgar at cb.
 

Pim Balkenstein

If we go 3-5-2 as per people's thoughts regarding the way UR has set up teams before, I think Pim has a massive chance of becoming the left sided CB. If he can get back to those commanding displys when on loan where he won as must as Legge in the air, was as strong and probably better on the ball, then we have a fine player. If he plays like he did last term then we have a problem.
 

Pim Balkenstein

If we go 3-5-2 as per people's thoughts regarding the way UR has set up teams before, I think Pim has a massive chance of becoming the left sided CB. If he can get back to those commanding displys when on loan where he won as must as Legge in the air, was as strong and probably better on the ball, then we have a fine player. If he plays like he did last term then we have a problem.

Not sure 3-5-2 will be the preferred formation given our recent acquisition from Celtic, unless McGinn plays in a forward midfield role with Dave and Douglas sitting back a bit. This would see Myles and Logan on the wing, where I'm not 100% convinced of Myles' defensive capabilities. Woodman is more of a traditional left back and would sit better in a 4-4-2 formation. Could Wood do the left wing back role? Jury out on that one. Shame Dickson isn't around anymore.

I recall hearing that Uwe previously preferred playing a diamond formation which would allow for wingbacks too.
 

Pim Balkenstein

i think pim may end up playing as our 1st choice left back this season

Watched Pim play at left-back in the JPT away to Orient.....didn't look comfortable.:nono:
 

Pim Balkenstein

Watched Pim play at left-back in the JPT away to Orient.....didn't look comfortable.:nono:

:thumbs:no one seems to agree with me... :idea:.maybe this is why i keep getting fired on football manager. :banghead::sad:
 

Pim Balkenstein

As has been said before though, he has to prove he deserves to be first choice. Something he certainly didn't do last year.

Correct. Pim, based on the 18 months at the club has been a great on loan. Poor when contracted. For hoofball cloggers who try and kick teams off the pitch such as Notts County we need a player like Legge to nullify the threat.
 

Pim Balkenstein

Correct. Pim, based on the 18 months at the club has been a great on loan. Poor when contracted. For hoofball cloggers who try and kick teams off the pitch such as Notts County we need a player like Legge to nullify the threat.

Rumours going around at Watdford that he is signing for Watford??????
 

Pim Balkenstein

Rumours that started on the good old football rumours website. Nothing to see here I would guess
 

Pim Balkenstein

I love that website. Apparently we're unveiling Jay Tabb this afternoon... :bound:

Has he been mounted on a plinth and put in the forecourt?

Beats the statue at the ground on the banks of the Thames hands down if you ask me
 

Pim Balkenstein

And we are doing a swap with Fulham - Peter Gilham goes to the Cottage in exchange for Diddy David Hamilton. Just shows how bad that site really is !! lollol
 

Pim Balkenstein

Really wanted Pim to show me tonight that he had the ability/form to push on this season. Not really sure I saw that today......
 

Pim Balkenstein

Thought he did pretty well but Karleigh is streets ahead of him. I've yet to see Marcel but suspect he's been brought in to be a Nr 1 CB. Leon's lack of technical ability will leave Karleigh and Egar as the first choices IMO but both Pim and Legge will have important parts to play.
 

Pim Balkenstein

Thought he did pretty well but Karleigh is streets ahead of him. I've yet to see Marcel but suspect he's been brought in to be a Nr 1 CB. Leon's lack of technical ability will leave Karleigh and Egar as the first choices IMO but both Pim and Legge will have important parts to play.

Are you Karleighs Dad? He played 45 minutes tonight, did Ok apart from leaving a ball he should have claimed right after kick off but from your description he sounds like Bobby Moore. I'm not sure Kenwyn was putting himself about as much as usual tbh. I think our first choice back four is up for grabs but would expect it to be Eger and Legge to be honest.
 

Pim Balkenstein

Are you Karleighs Dad? He played 45 minutes tonight, did Ok apart from leaving a ball he should have claimed right after kick off but from your description he sounds like Bobby Moore. I'm not sure Kenwyn was putting himself about as much as usual tbh. I think our first choice back four is up for grabs but would expect it to be Eger and Legge to be honest.

I call it as I see it JT and I thought he did excellently. I stand by my comment that Karleigh's well ahead of Pim and I think he's a more developed player than Leon. Distribution aside, Leon had a stonking game but if Uwe's desire is for us to build from the back, which it appears to be, I think Leon, for now at least will struggle in that regard.
 

Pim Balkenstein

That aside, he's had so much unjustified bull crap levied at him in years passed that Karleigh's probably due a bit of gushing praise now and then :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom