Referee at Orient

Referee at Orient

No I'm serious. Seems to me there's a massive amount of groupthink going on. On the *big* calls I can't think of anything massive. He was unsighted for the penalty on Saville and that was hardly cut & dried anyway.

My take on it was that he pulled us up for fouls but didn't do the same to Orient. You might be right that there weren't too many decisions against us that could be called to question but he seemed to be applying a different interpretation when Orient were doing similar. It was almost as though he decided that we were a dirty side and the way he refereed the game gave the viewer the same. Little tugs and shoves, slightly late tackles, foot left in a second or two longer went unpunished for Orient but we were pulled up pretty much every time.
 

Referee at Orient

My take on it was that he pulled us up for fouls but didn't do the same to Orient. You might be right that there weren't too many decisions against us that could be called to question but he seemed to be applying a different interpretation when Orient were doing similar. It was almost as though he decided that we were a dirty side and the way he refereed the game gave the viewer the same. Little tugs and shoves, slightly late tackles, foot left in a second or two longer went unpunished for Orient but we were pulled up pretty much every time.

The one that got me was when Clayton was fouled and they even seem to stop, play on and the next thing you know they have a free kick on the edge of our box and another yellow our way, to say that wasn't a match changing or crucial decision is bonkers, it really might have been as little Cox can do stuff with them. Thankfully both their dangerous free kicks were pants.
I got a text from a Leeds mate at FT saying we did well with 10 against 12 and he has no love for us at all.
 

Referee at Orient

He was terribly inconsistent. And never truly had a handle on the players when things got feisty. Its all well and good Orient thinking that Macca and Clayts were thugs but it takes two to tango and Vincelot and Cox were nasty as well
 

Referee at Orient

He was terribly inconsistent. And never truly had a handle on the players when things got feisty. Its all well and good Orient thinking that Macca and Clayts were thugs but it takes two to tango and Vincelot and Cox were nasty as well

Is Vincelot the beardy one? He was a dick for the whole match.
 

Referee at Orient

<unscientific hunch>
People who were at the ground are a lot harsher on the ref than those who watched it live on telly
</unscientific hunch>

I watched it live in the Griffin. Everyone there thought he was awful. Perhaps you had accidentally tuned into the Rugby from Italy where the referee had a good game or perhaps your avatar was watching the game.
 

Referee at Orient

One decision I remember was a foul (on Dean I think) where he put his arms aloft to indicate advantage, we still haven't been able to clear the ball from the area of where the foul was (just outside area towards corner flag) and a loose touch meant we conceded a free kick, just as referee puts his arms down from advantage. Where was our advantage (which he clearly indicated was ours)? Instead of us gaining an advantage from the advantage played we conceded a free kick.
 

Referee at Orient

I guess you can accept a referee being useless as long as he is unbiased.

However, once he shows a bias, as happened on Saturday, he loses the respect of the players and upsets the crowd. He is just fortunate that his 'performance' wasn't not against one of the more volatile club supporters like Cardiff, Millwall, etc
 

Referee at Orient

Let's get this straight, the youngsters were giving it large and we had a bit of fun, they enjoyed it and so did we, they were walking around Orient as a group on the mickey take, I only asked them if they were Brentwood fans or whatever rubbish we were playing and up went the shoulders to which I laughed at and told them so were we! They were cutting their teeth as a little mob of away fans on their first venture to another ground, good luck to them and I'm sure they've got a lot of good days to come. It was a funny moment and all done in good spirits but it reads sh*t!

You're making a name as a firm to be avoided. lol
 

Referee at Orient

Did the keeper save it? Or did it hit Douglas? ;)

it hit douglas on the shoulder was still goalbound though and their keeper had a gordon banks moment to get it over the bar fine fine save, no im wrong it couldnt have been as a goal kick was given
 

Referee at Orient

Don't think you can give a mark of 0. 1 is minimum. Also, the mark of 10 is split into categories with appearance getting marks as well as performance.

well he was wearing the wrong shirt he should have declared his intent from the start with a red shirt
 

Referee at Orient

it hit douglas on the shoulder was still goalbound though and their keeper had a gordon banks moment to get it over the bar fine fine save, no im wrong it couldnt have been as a goal kick was given

It hit Douglas. Keeper didn't touch it?
 

Referee at Orient

Has he retired yet, like that useless **** of a Lino at Norwich?
 

Referee at Orient

My take on it was that he pulled us up for fouls but didn't do the same to Orient. You might be right that there weren't too many decisions against us that could be called to question but he seemed to be applying a different interpretation when Orient were doing similar. It was almost as though he decided that we were a dirty side and the way he refereed the game gave the viewer the same. Little tugs and shoves, slightly late tackles, foot left in a second or two longer went unpunished for Orient but we were pulled up pretty much every time.

none of that would qualify him as the WORST REF EVER!!11! as I've seen some on here saying.
 

Referee at Orient

none of that would qualify him as the WORST REF EVER!!11! as I've seen some on here saying.

Are you new to the GPG ?
The barometer for all opinionis the last game Brentford play.
Win and we are set for the Championship at a canter, sign Jay Tabb and Stephne Caulker, become West London's top club in 6 months and be worried that Warburton will be poached for the England job in July.
Lose and we face play off hell, exodus of players and need to sack the manager who's clear and present negativity is the sole cause.

Therefore, the referee on Saturday was the worst ref in living memory ! :moo:
 

Referee at Orient

nick don't sit on the fence say what you really mean lol
 

Referee at Orient

Appointments out for next week and hes on fourth official duty Saturday but returns on Tuesday for the Plymouth-Exeter derby. Another great fixture he is going to spoil!
 

Referee at Orient

Appointments out for next week and hes on fourth official duty Saturday but returns on Tuesday for the Plymouth-Exeter derby. Another great fixture he is going to spoil!

We have Gavin Ward for Saturday - he will seem world class compared to the buffoon at Orient.

Famous last words....:D:D
 

Referee at Orient

He awarded that last second penalty a year ago v Preston
 

Referee at Orient

We have Gavin Ward for Saturday - he will seem world class compared to the buffoon at Orient.

Famous last words....:D:D

I knew he must be coming around at some point, we had managed to escape his incompetency all season. I knew it couldnt last.
 

Referee at Orient

Im sure he reffed our game at Gillingham. Could be wrong

No. Your right. Ward really is a hopeless ref, right up there with Kettle, Deadman, Swarbrick, Robinson, Stroud, Bull, Malone & Collins. Those are the useless ones I could think of off the top of my head.

By the way its a viable possibility we will have our first female ref in the league next season in Amy Fearn
 

Referee at Orient

All the named refs above are ones who I would have on my list as complete incompetents !:sorted:
 
Last edited:

Referee at Orient

No. Your right. Ward really is a hopeless ref, right up there with Kettle, Deadman, Swarbrick, Robinson, Stroud, Bull, Malone & Collins. Those are the useless ones I could think of off the top of my head.

By the way its a viable possibility we will have our first female ref in the league next season in Amy Fearn

Did Wendy Toms ever ref a game or was she only ever a lineswoman?
 

Referee at Orient

No. Your right. Ward really is a hopeless ref, right up there with Kettle, Deadman, Swarbrick, Robinson, Stroud, Bull, Malone & Collins. Those are the useless ones I could think of off the top of my head.

By the way its a viable possibility we will have our first female ref in the league next season in Amy Fearn

He is also a smug ***** as well (Ward) Like a lower league Phil Dowd, always trying to be matey with players and at the centre of attention.
 

Referee at Orient

He is also a smug ***** as well (Ward) Like a lower league Phil Dowd, always trying to be matey with players and at the centre of attention.

Well most of them caught that habit from Mr Graham W*nk*r Poll
 

Referee at Orient

Referee at Orient

"I have watched a number of Brentford's games and in the games I have watched so far, subconsciously, there is no doubt that referee's been influenced.
"They have had one defeat in twenty four games and they have got momentum with their supporters who are really behind them and I think in the games I've seen, subconsciously, that is affecting referees."

He needs to sack his scout rofl

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/we_need_a_strong_referee__pressley_828101/index.shtml?
 

Referee at Orient

I'm amazed how many fans/staff of other clubs have watched us so closely this season.
 

Referee at Orient

"I have watched a number of Brentford's games and in the games I have watched so far, subconsciously, there is no doubt that referee's been influenced.
"They have had one defeat in twenty four games and they have got momentum with their supporters who are really behind them and I think in the games I've seen, subconsciously, that is affecting referees."

He needs to sack his scout rofl

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/we_need_a_strong_referee__pressley_828101/index.shtml?

So basically, we are that good he would like a strong (fussy and/or awful) ref to disrupt our flow. lol
 

Referee at Orient

That's how I read it..

He looks like he is trying to influence the referee to be little lenient on them and harsher on us..
 

Referee at Orient

That aside, I don't think we have benefited from the refs this season. Some good, some bad but they have never really changed the overall outcome of games in the main. Strange comment
 

Referee at Orient

That's how I read it..

He looks like he is trying to influence the referee to be little lenient on them and harsher on us..

A technique pioneered by the guy at Orient
 

Referee at Orient

Have we been favoured by refs recently...? I wouldn't say so, and apart from Orient I wouldn't say we've been overly hard done by either.

I can't think of any games lately where a referee's decision impacted the result or scoreline. We've been good because we've been good.

It's like saying 'Wolves are top of the league so they must be having refs who are giving decisions their way'. Erm, it doesn't work that way.
 

Referee at Orient

Have we been favoured by refs recently...? I wouldn't say so, and apart from Orient I wouldn't say we've been overly hard done by either.

I can't think of any games lately where a referee's decision impacted the result or scoreline. We've been good because we've been good.

It's like saying 'Wolves are top of the league so they must be having refs who are giving decisions their way'. Erm, it doesn't work that way.

The ref for the Wolves game was poor (eg. not giving Saville a free kick and they broke away to score). Saying that we were poor too, so we may still have lost with a normal ref.
 

Referee at Orient

"I have watched a number of Brentford's games and in the games I have watched so far, subconsciously, there is no doubt that referee's been influenced.
"They have had one defeat in twenty four games and they have got momentum with their supporters who are really behind them and I think in the games I've seen, subconsciously, that is affecting referees."

He needs to sack his scout rofl

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/we_need_a_strong_referee__pressley_828101/index.shtml?
He may have watched a number of our games, but he must have missed the one last Saturday.
 

Referee at Orient

I agree 100% with the Coventry manager – refs in our recent matches have certainly been influenced in favouring our opposition in their decisions in the main!

Since, like all of us, he wants to ensure that both teams get a fair crack of the whip from Mr Ward, I wonder if, to try to ensure that he officiates the game in a totally unbiased manner, Pressley will be leaving a note (or several!) in the man in black’s changing room in a brown envelope before the match … ;)
 

Referee at Orient

No. Your right. Ward really is a hopeless ref, right up there with Kettle, Deadman, Swarbrick, Robinson, Stroud, Bull, Malone & Collins. Those are the useless ones I could think of off the top of my head.

By the way its a viable possibility we will have our first female ref in the league next season in Amy Fearn

I'd definitely put D'urso in this list, simply because he cannot get it into his head that the best referee's go unseen for 90 minutes unless it necessary for him to get involved and let the players play, he has to be at the centre of it all, making up incidents, pulling the game up every 5 minutes and giving out cards like a 10 year old's birthday party, he is by far the worst referee I've seen
 
Back
Top Bottom