Rico Henry

Rico Henry

His final ball is the one thing that could improve but this is being ultra critical. You would not want to play against him that's for sure, he's like a little terrier, giving the opposition no time with just the right amount of aggression. One of the fittest in the team too, you get the sense he could just keep running for another hour.
 

Rico Henry

Considering the positions he gets in, he should be creating / scoring more goals than he does. Can still improve.

Fully agree not the finished article yet. However makes you wonder when the likes of Ben Chilwell are being touted at approx 80 million. OK may not go for that price in the end but what does that make Rico worth? His value would obviously improve with prem experience.
 

Rico Henry

Happy for Rico, injury free and enjoying consistent top performances! What a player.
 

Rico Henry

I didn't realise that he is that young. Has been amongst the top three players in the home games I have seen this season.

Keep up the good work.
 

Rico Henry

Considering the positions he gets in, he should be creating / scoring more goals than he does. Can still improve.

This is where Said takes over most of the time but he is always available when needed and drags the opposition away from Said. All players can improve even the top players in the world, I think we all know this.
 

Rico Henry

Rico just gets better and better. Always a reliable performer he is adding some real star quality to his game. Some of his link up play today was fantastic.
 

Rico Henry

Darren Bent suggested on Sky, Rico should've had a penalty awarded against him, :owusu: that was no way a penalty
 

Rico Henry

Darren Bent suggested on Sky, Rico should've had a penalty awarded against him, :owusu: that was no way a penalty

If that was a Pen then so was Ollie’s!
 

Rico Henry

Amidst all the hand wringing just want to say how sensational Rico Henry has been since lockdown. Yesterday he was immense before he was subbed and never seems to run out of gas, despite almost three seasons of no football. Wouldn't have been my choice to take off but if it means he is a bit more rested for the glorious playoff campaign then all the better.
 

Rico Henry

Great pity he had to be sacrificed last night.What an athlete ,two games a week for an over lapping wing back and just about the only player not (understandably) running on fumes after nine high pressure games.
 

Rico Henry

RIco has been bloody brilliant
 

Rico Henry

A great player for us. Sadly I suspect he might be off in the Summer. A mid table Premier league team could easily come i for him and make an offer we and he can’t refuse.
 

Rico Henry

A great player for us. Sadly I suspect he might be off in the Summer. A mid table Premier league team could easily come i for him and make an offer we and he can’t refuse.

I agree with your comments and hope not he’s been up there as a player of the season. I’ve not seen enough of Thompson but what I’ve seen .I don’t think he will be a good enough replacement
 

Rico Henry

Taking Ethan and Rico off in my opinion ain't good when we are chasing the game, Rico offers more in an attacking fullback than Henrik and Ethan is a more robust centre half to leave on, I am up to this day confused about Frank taking off Ethan, I can almost understand sacrificing Rico but Ethan; can't get my head around it.

Rico has been one of our most consistent players this season starting every game, he has been brilliant and just class playing an important role of us reaching the Premiership which we will do. I have never seen a LB protect our left side like he has, he is like a GUARD DOG of our left side saying; 'no one shall not pass', and give his all every game. I'm afraid he won't be with us next season if we don't make the Premiership but I am 100% sure we will win the playoffs and keep all of our star players. :banana:
 

Rico Henry

Taking Ethan and Rico off in my opinion ain't good when we are chasing the game, Rico offers more in an attacking fullback than Henrik and Ethan is a more robust centre half to leave on, I am up to this day confused about Frank taking off Ethan, I can almost understand sacrificing Rico but Ethan; can't get my head around it.

Rico has been one of our most consistent players this season starting every game, he has been brilliant and just class playing an important role of us reaching the Premiership which we will do. I have never seen a LB protect our left side like he has, he is like a GUARD DOG of our left side saying; 'no one shall not pass', and give his all every game. I'm afraid he won't be with us next season if we don't make the Premiership but I am 100% sure we will win the playoffs and keep all of our star players. :banana:

Rico probably went off because we were hunting a goal - Rico hasn't scored one and has only a couple of assist this year. That side of his game may hold him back from a big move.
 

Rico Henry

Was amazed at the stat he was ever present starter in the team (for league matches). Considering his injury ridden past that is brilliant.
 

Rico Henry

This season is his first of being available for all Championship games. He's performed admirably but, at 23, I can't see that making him anything other than on some lower PL clubs' watch lists and many will be put off by his height.
 

Rico Henry

This season is his first of being available for all Championship games. He's performed admirably but, at 23, I can't see that making him anything other than on some lower PL clubs' watch lists and many will be put off by his height.
He’s taller than Alan Ball and got better teeth than Nobby Stiles.
 

Rico Henry

A great player for us. Sadly I suspect he might be off in the Summer. A mid table Premier league team could easily come i for him and make an offer we and he can’t refuse.

Can’t we just praise a player for once without immediately speculating about his next move? It’s like enjoying a delicious ice cream sundae and saying ‘but unfortunately I know where this will be in six to eight hours’. Enjoy the lovely ice cream!
 

Rico Henry

Makes him a contender for the Luis Suarez XI...
 

Rico Henry

Rico probably went off because we were hunting a goal - Rico hasn't scored one and has only a couple of assist this year. That side of his game may hold him back from a big move.

Yes and we had 7 attacking players on and went to a back 3 with two non-CBs who are good at picking a pass forward. It was about as attacking a set of changes as it was possible to make and one which was all about going for a winner in the knowledge that losing or drawing probably would make no difference (TF can only influence what’s going on in our match so would have been wrong to set up to hold 1-1 in the hope QPR scored a third).
 

Rico Henry

This season is his first of being available for all Championship games. He's performed admirably but, at 23, I can't see that making him anything other than on some lower PL clubs' watch lists and many will be put off by his height.

Probably the same height as Danny Rose (?) and a better footballer already.
 

Rico Henry

Rico probably went off because we were hunting a goal - Rico hasn't scored one and has only a couple of assist this year. That side of his game may hold him back from a big move.

Is he in the team to score goals or to prevent goals? it is to prevent goal right! it is the same with Henrik who hasn't scored either 'I don't think'. Both fullbacks when attacking is to provide the width for the wingers which is where the BMW take over, both have to be wary of their defensive duties while doing so probably hence the lack of goals. As for his assist you could argue he should have more if it weren't for some bad finishing, Bryan and Said comes to mind and that's only in our last game v Barnsley. Ever player in this team as things to improve on, in fact you could argue every player in the world has things to improve on and Rico is no different otherwise he would be playing for Real Madrid or Liverpool. But could you imagine if he was the finish article scoring 5-10 goals a season and with 5-10 assists, all I can say is WOW what potential he has for a left-back along with his defensive qualities, I'm sure this thought will be shared amongst premiership managers.

Let just appreciate him while he is still here and what he has contributed towards the team this season which is our best season ever in our history and when we win the playoffs we can keep all our star players.
 

Rico Henry

This season is his first of being available for all Championship games. He's performed admirably but, at 23, I can't see that making him anything other than on some lower PL clubs' watch lists and many will be put off by his height.

What's wrong with mid-low premiership clubs? What do you think we will be, when we win the playoffs. Who in the world has been the best left back in the last 10 years? Jordi Alba of Barcelona 1.7M, same has Rico, Danny Rose 1.73M, Ashley Cole 1.76M. I would say Rico would be more suited to the premiership due to the hoof football played by some teams in the Championship. He came up from league 1 at a young age and coped with hoof football there so I really can't see a problem, football has moved on from the old fashioned style of playing onto a more technical, athletic faster game where Rico has in abundance.
 

Rico Henry

Apart from that lovely headed goal at the Hawthorns last December, you are correct sir for this season! ��

WOW how could I forget that 'sorry Henrik', 'old age', reason: I think it was overshadowed by being totally robbed a penalty and the 2 points would have us now in the Premiership.
 
Last edited:

Rico Henry

Is he in the team to score goals or to prevent goals? it is to prevent goal right! it is the same with Henrik who hasn't scored either 'I don't think'. Both fullbacks when attacking is to provide the width for the wingers which is where the BMW take over, both have to be wary of their defensive duties while doing so probably hence the lack of goals. As for his assist you could argue he should have more if it weren't for some bad finishing, Bryan and Said comes to mind and that's only in our last game v Barnsley. Ever player in this team as things to improve on, in fact you could argue every player in the world has things to improve on and Rico is no different otherwise he would be playing for Real Madrid or Liverpool. But could you imagine if he was the finish article scoring 5-10 goals a season and with 5-10 assists, all I can say is WOW what potential he has for a left-back along with his defensive qualities, I'm sure this thought will be shared amongst premiership managers.

Let just appreciate him while he is still here and what he has contributed towards the team this season which is our best season ever in our history and when we win the playoffs we can keep all our star players.

I do appreciate him, was commenting on why he went off.
 

Rico Henry

What's wrong with mid-low premiership clubs? What do you think we will be, when we win the playoffs. Who in the world has been the best left back in the last 10 years? Jordi Alba of Barcelona 1.7M, same has Rico, Danny Rose 1.73M, Ashley Cole 1.76M. I would say Rico would be more suited to the premiership due to the hoof football played by some teams in the Championship. He came up from league 1 at a young age and coped with hoof football there so I really can't see a problem, football has moved on from the old fashioned style of playing onto a more technical, athletic faster game where Rico has in abundance.
Are you his agent?

I wrote that he's only played one season in the Championship and that he'll be on Premier League watch lists for clubs that fish in the EFL pond – a positive. In the light of most of those clubs being less willing to take risks on players, I can see no reason to think there'll be any serious offers for him. Why do our fans always want to sell off our players?
 

Rico Henry

Are you his agent?

I wrote that he's only played one season in the Championship and that he'll be on Premier League watch lists for clubs that fish in the EFL pond – a positive. In the light of most of those clubs being less willing to take risks on players, I can see no reason to think there'll be any serious offers for him. Why do our fans always want to sell off our players?

I wish I was his agent the money these people are making. No I am definitely not trying to sell of our players far from it. It is a fact, that's the way our club operates, not to worry, we won't needs to sell any of our form players when we win the playoffs.
 

Rico Henry

Is it worth an appeal against the red card ?
 

Rico Henry

Can’t see that being rescinded as it was perhaps an orange card so no obvious mistake.

Thompson to start or will we be more creative?
 

Rico Henry

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the ban for serious foul play is 3 matches. So if we don't get it overturned, he would miss the final as well.

That said, I'm optimistic it will get rescinded. They aren't so precious about upholding on field decisions as they are with VAR, and whilst it was a bit out of control, it wasn't high and he did play the ball, albeit after the Swans player got there first. Fingers crossed!
 

Rico Henry

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the ban for serious foul play is 3 matches. So if we don't get it overturned, he would miss the final as well.

That said, I'm optimistic it will get rescinded. They aren't so precious about upholding on field decisions as they are with VAR, and whilst it was a bit out of control, it wasn't high and he did play the ball, albeit after the Swans player got there first. Fingers crossed!

I think I must have watched a different tackle.
 

Rico Henry

Just can’t seeing the EFL having the stones to admit Stroud got it wrong, however clear it is. Will be a big loss.
 

Rico Henry

Not a foul in my book but it won’t be rescinded, EFL will argue it was reckless and overly aggressive..
 
Back
Top Bottom