Rico Henry

Rico Henry

My concern with Rico at LWB is we lose that goal threat. How many goals/assists does he have over the last 2 seasons? 6/7? Maybe it’s because he hasn’t played further forward but for someone who spends so much time in the oppos half it doesn’t seem a lot.

(not dissing him at all - he is probably the best defender in our squad imo although MBS comes a close second!)
 

Rico Henry

We've got 3 matches to play to get to the PL. Yeah let's eased back in our best player. And you don't normally bring on a left back for a "major impact".

Too right. We have an inexperienced rookie at RWB (will be class in time) and these playoffs are huge for us. Rico is our best defender. IF HES FIT play him.
 

Rico Henry

My concern with Rico at LWB is we lose that goal threat. How many goals/assists does he have over the last 2 seasons? 6/7? Maybe it’s because he hasn’t played further forward but for someone who spends so much time in the oppos half it doesn’t seem a lot.

(not dissing him at all - he is probably the best defender in our squad imo although MBS comes a close second!)

I would say he offers bundles more in the threat dept then Mads R will at RWB. Canos to the right and Rico to the left.
 

Rico Henry

Just going to throw this out as a wild card: why not play him at RWB? I think Danjuma is right footed so will be cutting in anyway and that way we don't lose the threat of Canos cutting in on the other side.
You sir are a wild crazy berserker diamond .
 

Rico Henry

Not for me. Hes our best defender. Im sure he can adapt from playing as a LB to a LWB.

Yes, but that role is not all about defending, in fact, currently it's hardly about defending at all with the back three and Janelt on the pitch and Roerslev generally staying deeper. Canos has been our main attacking threat in recent games and I can't see him being as effective on the right as it means he can't cut inside.. Guess it depends on how we want to play it. Keep it tight first leg then maybe start with Henry (assuming he is fully fit). Go positive and try and get an advantage in the tie, then start with Sergi IMHO
 

Rico Henry

Just going to throw this out as a wild card: why not play him at RWB? I think Danjuma is right footed so will be cutting in anyway and that way we don't lose the threat of Canos cutting in on the other side.

I can't get QPR out of my head when I read that...
 

Rico Henry

He’s probably our quickest player which makes a defensive and offensive difference .They have pace out wide so if In shape he plays I’d hope.
 

Rico Henry

Whilst without doubt he is a great player for the team, however he has not kicked a ball in weeks and, whilst he has recovered from injury, there is always a chance in the first game of a reoccurrence or picking up another niggle. That being the case I would suggest the sensible option is the subs bench and 20 mins towards the end of the game
 

Rico Henry

Whilst without doubt he is a great player for the team, however he has not kicked a ball in weeks and, whilst he has recovered from injury, there is always a chance in the first game of a reoccurrence or picking up another niggle. That being the case I would suggest the sensible option is the subs bench and 20 mins towards the end of the game
Don't tell anyone, but he's been kicking a ball for weeks.
 

Rico Henry

I would have him on bench. If there is a B team match before 2nd leg or final then I'd play him from start in that. He may be fit but not match fit
 

Rico Henry

He gets off the coach in full training kit. Teams are announced and Rico is not in the matchday squad.

Woodgate tears up his tactics sheets and mouths obscenities towards TF as Thomas tells Sky Sports that Rico felt a bit of discomfort tying up his boots so he can't play.
 

Rico Henry

I would say he offers bundles more in the threat dept then Mads R will at RWB. Canos to the right and Rico to the left.
I seem to recall Mads R set up our first two goals at Preston.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Rico Henry

Was great to see him back but he looked a bit short of match fitness to me.. Touch wasn't quite there and struggled to get back on occasion. Hopefully that's just dusting off the cobwebs but I'm not entirely convinced about him starting Sat based on that cameo.
 

Rico Henry

What a player this kid is. Always hoped he'd be the first player we'd signed easily good enough to play in the Premier League that would do it with us.It's still on.
 

Rico Henry

Was great to see him back but he looked a bit short of match fitness to me.. Touch wasn't quite there and struggled to get back on occasion. Hopefully that's just dusting off the cobwebs but I'm not entirely convinced about him starting Sat based on that cameo.
Let's hope that short run-out has got him into the groove then, as he did make a difference, even though his touch was off.
 

Rico Henry

Did TF say anything about him in interviews ? Also, I didn't notice him on the pitch after the game with MBS and the subs.
 

Rico Henry

Not good. If he's having a reaction still after a long layoff it could be a major issue .
 

Rico Henry

Or not. I think we've got used to playing without him. His pace and his tackles are superb, though.
Though we’ve not replaced his role of being back at corners and fast enough to catch pretty much any breakaway!
 

Rico Henry

Or not. I think we've got used to playing without him. His pace and his tackles are superb, though.
Maybe you forgotten he played every game last season which was our best/highest season ever, then after a couple of weeks rest, went on and played a further 30+ games before his injury. He was part of that long unbeaten run this season, so when you say; we've got used to playing without him; I'm not too sure about that.
 

Rico Henry

Maybe you forgotten he played every game last season which was our best/highest season ever, then after a couple of weeks rest, went on and played a further 30+ games before his injury. He was part of that long unbeaten run this season, so when you say; we've got used to playing without him; I'm not too sure about that.
He’d certainly be great to have back on Saturday and would improve us if fit but we’ve got used to playing without him in the second long unbeaten run at the end of the season as well as the second leg v Bournemouth.
 

Rico Henry

Surprised we didn't try to keep Swansea guessing a bit. Gutted he's missing out, although it avoids the dilemma of potentially changing the system to suit our best left back. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the start of the PL season...
 

Rico Henry

Do Walsall really get £5m from us because we’ve won promotion????

From the Sun:

A1E052A6-7846-40F9-A0D3-AB2A88210691.jpeg
 

Rico Henry

Do Walsall really get £5m from us because we’ve won promotion????

From the Sun:

View attachment 25689
I’m pretty sure £5m was the maximum potential fee, but they got £1.5m of that up front, and I’m sure they’ve had other clauses come due in the years inbetween.
 

Rico Henry

I’m pretty sure £5m was the maximum potential fee, but they got £1.5m of that up front, and I’m sure they’ve had other clauses come due in the years inbetween.

£5m was total fee, as you say. £1.5m up front and then appearance based add ons. Can’t remember what the figures were now! There may well have been an add on for promotion too.

No way was it £5m for promotion!!
 

Rico Henry

Was driving next to Rico (very briefly) on the A4 this morning in what I think was a Brabus G Wagon - perhaps a new toy purchased since last Saturday. Let’s just say he wasn’t hanging about ?
 

Rico Henry

Yeah, I think they've probably earned about £3m. £1.5m up front and £3.5m more in add ons. However you would imagine that would include things like 'appearances' so some of that would already likely have been triggered.

Either way they've done well from the deal (especially being a League Two club now....if you get what I mean) but we've probably just paid out at least £8m in promotion bonuses to other clubs, and more to our own players and staff.
 

Rico Henry

A bit below the radar but Rico, along with Ethan and Ivan in the PFA Championship Team of the Year. Many congratulations , can't wait to see the pundits raving about how good he is next season ( now hopefully as a Brentford player) .
 

Rico Henry

Rico Henry

New contract would be great, there’s a couple like Rico who we should be looking to extend.
 

Rico Henry

He should be the priority for a new contract, most high profile guy out of contract in 2023 we don’t have an option on.
 
Back
Top Bottom