Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Ecky thump lad, I used to dream about having my legs sewn back on before going back onto the pitch for the rest of the game, I lived in a shoe box and worked down t'pit for 12 hours straight before coming home to wash in a tin bath...
Luxshury! At least you ‘ad a shoe box la’..
 

Rico Henry

You missed a bit = "Sometimes they'd have to sew us legs back on and we'd have to go back on the pitch for the rest of the game."
No need for sewing (too expensive, for one thing). Just hop up and down the wing and throw the leg at the opposing full back as he went past
 

Rico Henry

Not demanding a live stream of medical information about Rico from BFC except that I am demanding that. There should be some sort of giant illuminated picture of him with lights up the side indicating his fitness levels. Please thanks.
 

Rico Henry

Not demanding a live stream of medical information about Rico from BFC except that I am demanding that. There should be some sort of giant illuminated picture of him with lights up the side indicating his fitness levels. Please thanks.
While they’re at it, we demand a real-time ticket sales counter that can be embedded into the GPG home page.
 

Rico Henry

Not demanding a live stream of medical information about Rico from BFC except that I am demanding that. There should be some sort of giant illuminated picture of him with lights up the side indicating his fitness levels. Please thanks.
Perhaps a bit along the lines of the old board that showed how high the Bees fund had risen, which was at the Ealing Road end of GP (sorry, forgotten what the fund was called. Never seemed to rise much.)
 

Rico Henry

Should be, but we have Southgate Mk 2 in charge and he loves round hole and square peg as well.
I'm not sure I'd say that at all. Just that he has several incredible attacking options, so requires a more defensive player at LB to fit "the system". I expect we'll see flexibility, though, and Rico will get a look in.

Cars is far more tactically aware than Southgate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Rico Henry

Finally, some good news on the injury front. He will be most welcome when he returns.
 

Rico Henry

Finally, some good news on the injury front. He will be most welcome when he returns.
Maybe he will play some part against Sheffield Wednesday.
 

Rico Henry

Rico trained for the first time since the last time. :bounce:
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?

It is only through necessity we are playing four centre halves. I think TF will breathe a massive sigh of relief when Rico is back and we have someone who can provide width and close down crosses more quickly.
 
Last edited:

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
I think we're crying out for an overlapping full back plus we need him for the last man job. 3 big lumps is enough.
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
Think back 18 months and it’s clear that Rico adds a dimension we’ve been missing, in deliveries from Flekken, in attacking wing support and specifically in actual defending. Even if it’s only 60 minutes for a few games, his contribution will be immense.
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
I would argue that most goals we concede at the moment are down to a lack of proper fullbacks, either closing down the ball or man coming in from the side, or crosses to the back post. Same again against Wolves.
 

Rico Henry

It is only through necessity we are playing four centre halves. I think TF will breathe a massive sigh of relief when Rico is back and we have someone who can provide width and close down crosses more quickly.
Probably but also probably not as much as TF might have thought. Ajer has been good at LB and more than just filling in he’s been integral to the set up there right from the start of preseason. I think Rico may not be thrown back in immediately on being fit but be eased in as we transition back to playing his way.

There’s then a genuine question whether Ajer or VdB play RB and if we take Rico’s return as a chance to play a more attacking midfielder than Vitaly.

All being well I think 10-15 mins against Wednesday and the last half an hour v Ipswich.
 

Rico Henry

I would argue that most goals we concede at the moment are down to a lack of proper fullbacks, either closing down the ball or man coming in from the side, or crosses to the back post. Same again against Wolves.
True but also a lot of our goals, particularly the early ones, are coming from intentionally throwing the big lads forward so there’s a balance.
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
Will he get back into the team lol? Is there a fishing rod missing here? We are so unbalanced defensively it’s not funny. He is so crucial to us maxing our potential as a team.
 

Rico Henry

Probably but also probably not as much as TF might have thought. Ajer has been good at LB and more than just filling in he’s been integral to the set up there right from the start of preseason. I think Rico may not be thrown back in immediately on being fit but be eased in as we transition back to playing his way.

There’s then a genuine question whether Ajer or VdB play RB and if we take Rico’s return as a chance to play a more attacking midfielder than Vitaly.

All being well I think 10-15 mins against Wednesday and the last half an hour v Ipswich.
Ajer has been excellent defending at left back. Long legs winning tackles. Going forward in transition not so much. Too many passes that are too short or get intercepted by the opposition.

That said, we don't know what Rico will be like when he returns. Will he be as good as before the injury or has he lost a little bit ?
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
A fully fit Rico gets back in, no question. No debate

Yes Ajer has been great, but arguably Rico wouldn’t have been far off an England call had he been fit. It’s a bit like a post saying does Hickey get back in, think we’ve forgotten just how good they are
 

Rico Henry

A fully fit Rico gets back in, no question. No debate

Yes Ajer has been great, but arguably Rico wouldn’t have been far off an England call had he been fit. It’s a bit like a post saying does Hickey get back in, think we’ve forgotten just how good they are
100% agree with Rico assessment.....?
Not quite so sure with Hickey...... We saw in fits and starts what he was capable of (between absences due to injuries), but not on a consistent enough basis as far as I was concerned.....
Plus he's got more "natural", and higher quality, competition to contend with.
 

Rico Henry

No contest, fit hickey over ajer every day of the week.
Hickey was just finding his feet when got injured. Think he has a fair bit of maturing to go (his constant falling down pissed me off)…….. but the thought of rico and him in same side would be quality. Rico will be back, but not sure about Aaron.
 

Rico Henry

No contest, fit hickey over ajer every day of the week.
Hickey was just finding his feet when got injured. Think he has a fair bit of maturing to go (his constant falling down pissed me off)…….. but the thought of rico and him in same side would be quality. Rico will be back, but not sure about Aaron.
Can barely remember hickey playing
 

Rico Henry

He delivered one of the Champagne Moments of any season.

View attachment 50599
I had to see this game in a pub due to a weekend work commitment.
Seeing as I was the only one who celebrated at an appropriately inconsiderate volume, safe to assume I was the only Bees fan. Then heard someone say “imagine being a Brentford fan” as I left
 

Rico Henry

100% agree with Rico assessment.....?
Not quite so sure with Hickey...... We saw in fits and starts what he was capable of (between absences due to injuries), but not on a consistent enough basis as far as I was concerned.....
Plus he's got more "natural", and higher quality, competition to contend with.
That is true that his performances thus far probably haven’t reached the heights, as you said, we know he’s capable of.

There is a further potential complication with Aaron. Not that we should be beholden to contracts (especially after this summer) but his runs out I believe summer 2026. Someone do correct me if I’m wrong. So by end of next summer we’ll be wanting to know his intentions.

Now, I get that shouldn’t be the over riding factor. But my thinking is if after this season EP has one more ‘good’ season in him, Ben will either be coaching or exploring coast with his free bus pass, therefore SVB will likely be developed further as starting CB, with Kim hopefully promoted further just behind.

Of course, all of that is very harsh on Kris. But injuries have shown even being on fringes of starting will most likely result in even minutes to keep him fresh and ready.
 

Rico Henry

It’s not so much an individual question, more on stature and team shape. 433 with 4 huge CB’s as defenders is quite a thing.
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
Rico will be rhe first name on the team sheet. He hoovers up absolutely everything as teams try to counter. How many of our makeshift full backs have reduced players like Mo Salah and Saka to spectators?
 
Back
Top Bottom