Ryan Fredericks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Fredericks

Spurs Team Profile

RYAN FREDERICKS
Ryan Fredericks

Born
October 10, 1992
Position
Midfielder
Squad No.
Joined Spurs
Academy full-time, 2009/2010
Previous Club(s)
N/A



Pacy right-winger made his first-team debut in August, 20011 in the second leg of our Europa League play-off against Hearts.
He followed up with an substitute appearance in our opening group match of the competition at PAOK in Greece.

It was just reward for Ryan, who worked hard to recover from a knee injury in the 2010-11 campaign.

Born in north-west London before moving to Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, where he was raised, Ryan certainly has a touch of the 'Aaron Lennon's' about him and had an impressive first full season in our Academy.

Ryan played 16 times in all competitions for the Under-18s in 2009/10, scoring seven goals, and even made it into the First Team squad for our FA Cup Fourth Round replay at Leeds United.

Although injury sidelined him for much of the second half of that campaign, Ryan was awarded his first professional contract at the Club in July 2010.

Ryan attended Mount Grace School in Potters Bar, where he was the district 100m and triple jump champion four years in succession.

A winger who can play down the left or right side of midfield, he featured three times for our Under-18s in 2008-09 as an Under-16 player.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Welcome to Brentford Ryan. Hope it goes well for both of us
 

Ryan Fredericks

I thought we had abandoned wingers according to the fans forum thread? Sounds a promising signing though.

Wonder if this means Weston is on his way, don't believe this stuff about him being a third striker...
 

Ryan Fredericks

How about we view this signing regardless of team need. I think this could be a very good signing considering his background and Europa League experience.
 

Ryan Fredericks

I think he will probably keep Logan on his toes a bit
 

Ryan Fredericks

Ryan Fredericks

anagram



er Frisky Dancer
 

Ryan Fredericks

Here to put pressure on Logan I would think.

Does he have a left foot?
 

Ryan Fredericks

Welcome aboard Ryan.

Lets hope he has the speed of Frankie and the durability of Roy

Has anyone found out what his favourite cheese is yet?
 

Ryan Fredericks

Welcom Ryan!! but we need a left back deperately!! tony craig has even stated he came to bees as was told he will be a centre back!! uwe needs to pull something out the hat for this position!! fast too!!!
But this fredericks seems promising from what i hear from spurs fans!!
 

Ryan Fredericks

Mods , do some work , keep this thread about Ryan and move all left back etc stuff into another thread .
 

Ryan Fredericks

the last thread was about him mate!! said he was promising etc and welcome!! just mentioned LB on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Ryan Fredericks

Welcome to Brentford Ryan.
"@RyanFredericks: Very excited to be joining @BrentfordFC on loan for the season will be good to get some experience and games under my belt!"
 

Ryan Fredericks

Mods , do some work , keep this thread about Ryan and move all left back etc stuff into another thread .

No harm in discussing that, it is what we were expecting today.

Any other circumstance we would be revelling in this signing, but given we all know where the weakness of the squad is it seems a bit underwhelming. Welcome though Fredericks, I'm sure you will do well and will strengthen our squad no matter what.

Now we have the mid-fielder that we needed, there is LB and striker to fill. We know Rosler wants Hayes, and from the sounds of it we'll get Bidwell if Baines stays with Everton (slightly reading between the lines there though). So I reckon Rosler's holding out for him. If so, (something I don't protest against if we do end up getting him (in the long run would be better)) then I reckon Rosler's hoping the current batch will help us get through the opening 3 games.
 

Ryan Fredericks

No harm in discussing that, it is what we were expecting today.

Any other circumstance we would be revelling in this signing, but given we all know where the weakness of the squad is it seems a bit underwhelming. Welcome though Fredericks, I'm sure you will do well and will strengthen our squad no matter what.

Now we have the mid-fielder that we needed, there is LB and striker to fill. We know Rosler wants Hayes, and from the sounds of it we'll get Bidwell if Baines stays with Everton (slightly reading between the lines there though). So I reckon Rosler's holding out for him. If so, (something I don't protest against if we do end up getting him (in the long run would be better)) then I reckon Rosler's hoping the current batch will help us get through the opening 3 games.

We still need the three players we wanted 4 weeks ago. A Left Back, a Tough Tackling Mdfielder, and a Striker.
 

Ryan Fredericks

No harm in discussing that, it is what we were expecting today.

Any other circumstance we would be revelling in this signing, but given we all know where the weakness of the squad is it seems a bit underwhelming. Welcome though Fredericks, I'm sure you will do well and will strengthen our squad no matter what.

Now we have the mid-fielder that we needed, there is LB and striker to fill. We know Rosler wants Hayes, and from the sounds of it we'll get Bidwell if Baines stays with Everton (slightly reading between the lines there though). So I reckon Rosler's holding out for him. If so, (something I don't protest against if we do end up getting him (in the long run would be better)) then I reckon Rosler's hoping the current batch will help us get through the opening 3 games.

We still need the three players we wanted 4 weeks ago. A Left Back, a Tough Tackling Mdfielder, and a Striker.

:rolleyes:
 

Ryan Fredericks

But we know the reasons now why we haven't got one, what would you have done in Uwes position if you knew Bidwell was still a distinct possibility?
 

Ryan Fredericks

But we know the reasons now why we haven't got one, what would you have done in Uwes position if you knew Bidwell was still a distinct possibility?

I would have moved on by now. Can't wait for ever and I would have placed having the right team in place ahead of the season, or even for Germany, rather then wait just in case.
 

Ryan Fredericks

By signing a player that is not what we need at the moment. We need a senior LB and to go into the start of the season without one is a major failing by Uwe.

Uwe says we want 7 defenders this year. Which I assume will be Logan, Fredricks, Legge, Craig, Dean, Redwood and new LB (or another CB if Redwood counts as development). So yeah we do need him and he gives us more options in midfield. Sounds like a great signing IMO. It's not exactly the end of the world that we don't have a left back (even though we actually have 2 in the squad) for a League cup game. If this game was a Tuesday after the first league game you could bet that a number of players would be rotated anyway. I'd rather we waited til 2/3 games into the season for the best option to become available then panic like you and sign some cheap easy option.
 

Ryan Fredericks

I would have moved on by now. Can't wait for ever and I would have placed having the right team in place ahead of the season, or even for Germany, rather then wait just in case.

Have to agree with you, what happens if Baines signs for Man U on transfer deadline day and everton haven't got time to react. We would have wasted the whole summer waiting for bidwell, we should have had a deadline for Bidwell then moved on.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Uwe says we want 7 defenders this year. Which I assume will be Logan, Fredricks, Legge, Craig, Dean, Redwood and new LB (or another CB if Redwood counts as development). So yeah we do need him and he gives us more options in midfield. Sounds like a great signing IMO. It's not exactly the end of the world that we don't have a left back (even though we actually have 2 in the squad) for a League cup game. If this game was a Tuesday after the first league game you could bet that a number of players would be rotated anyway. I'd rather we waited til 2/3 games into the season for the best option to become available then panic like you and sign some cheap easy option.

No panic from me just stating that we should have someone in place by now. Spin it all you want but to go into the season without a senior LB is a failure.
 

Ryan Fredericks

I thought it was an unwritten rule that if you were a Brentford defender with a first name of Ryan you had to be a left back...
 

Ryan Fredericks

Uwe says we want 7 defenders this year. Which I assume will be Logan, Fredricks, Legge, Craig, Dean, Redwood and new LB (or another CB if Redwood counts as development). So yeah we do need him and he gives us more options in midfield. Sounds like a great signing IMO. It's not exactly the end of the world that we don't have a left back (even though we actually have 2 in the squad) for a League cup game. If this game was a Tuesday after the first league game you could bet that a number of players would be rotated anyway. I'd rather we waited til 2/3 games into the season for the best option to become available then panic like you and sign some cheap easy option.

It wouldn't be a panic buy if we react sooner, Bidwell maybe a decent player, but I'm sure there are other decent left backs available.
 

Ryan Fredericks

To be fair, Vignal could well have been the answer, but his injury was just sheer rotten bad luck.
 

Ryan Fredericks

No panic from me just stating that we should have someone in place by now. Spin it all you want but to go into the season without a senior LB is a failure.

It's not a failure at all. Complete rubbish. Uwe said last night it's likely we will get Bidwell if Baines stays. We have enough cover until then however he is still looking at other possibilities to. I would rather our manager waited for the right player than signed another Woodman. You and Magicbees obviously know for a fact that there is another left back out there good enough or even better available. Who? Why don't you tell the club if you know of their availability?
 

Ryan Fredericks

It's not a failure at all. Complete rubbish. Uwe said last night it's likely we will get Bidwell if Baines stays. We have enough cover until then however he is still looking at other possibilities to. I would rather our manager waited for the right player than signed another Woodman. You and Magicbees obviously know for a fact that there is another left back out there good enough or even better available. Who? Why don't you tell the club if you know of their availability?

What happens in Baines leaves right on deadline day and we are waiting up to then to sign him? There are 92 league clubs and I am sure somewhere there is a LB that could do a job for us. You have your opinion which is fine by me and I have mine but as far as I am concerned this is a failure just as it was last season not to have sorted out the striker situation so I guess we can agree to differ.
 

Ryan Fredericks

It's not a failure at all. Complete rubbish. Uwe said last night it's likely we will get Bidwell if Baines stays. We have enough cover until then however he is still looking at other possibilities to. I would rather our manager waited for the right player than signed another Woodman. You and Magicbees obviously know for a fact that there is another left back out there good enough or even better available. Who? Why don't you tell the club if you know of their availability?

So you know Man U will not be making a bid for Baines then, I would rather us looked at plan B other then banking on signing Bidwell. So we won't have a first choice left back until the end of August then. Hopefully by then young Redwood has played so well they can keep him.
 

Ryan Fredericks

So you know Man U will not be making a bid for Baines then, I would rather us looked at plan B other then banking on signing Bidwell. So we won't have a first choice left back until the end of August then. Hopefully by then young Redwood has played so well they can keep him.

Uwe said last night we are looking at plan B as well.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Going to places like Bury and Crewe could be a culture shock!

not really,there clubs and grounds bigger and better than hearts at our level
 

Ryan Fredericks

not sure we really needed another midfielder especially one who plays wide but will reserve judgement until i have seen him.
 

Ryan Fredericks

From what I've seen Redwood is more than capable. Quite surprised he only got a development contract.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Why is anyone underwhelmed by the signing? He seems a good player and the sort of one we wouldn't of dreamed of signing on loan a few years ago. Now I expect Hayes will sign on Monday/Tuesday and a left back in before the Bury game. I don't think playing Redwood is disastrous for a cup game against Walsall and the fact is Rosler may have given players like Redwood and Reeves a first team chance on Saturday anyway.

Also, looking at our midfield, we have; O'Connor, Forshaw, Reeves, Diagouraga, Saunders, Forrester, Douglas, Dallas and Weston. Now presuming Dallas won't be pushing for a first team spot just yet and that Forrester and Saunders are not wingers (I know Saunders played wide before but I see him more as a central player, playing just behind the strikers nest season) that mean the only real wide player we have is Weston. Also, didn't Uwe mention yesterday that he saw Weston as a striker now? That means we have no real wingers. He also provides cover at right-back should Logan be injured, and can play on either flank. There will most likely be games next season wide players will be needed, It's a long season.

Rosler stated he wanted a Defender, Midfielder and Striker. Well this is the midfielder and Hayes will most likely be the striker. Rosler is now probably holding out for Bidwell but has said there is a plan B and C in place. IMO this should be a good signing but will not judge it until I've seen him play, obviously he could turn out to be rubbish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom