Ryan Fredericks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Fredericks

Then why blame the player, as some earlier posters were doing ?

Probably because he was awful. It could turn out he is actually a really rubbish player, unlikely though. Like I said on the match report thread 'lost' probably best describes his performance.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Not the game for him to start with. Like most premier reserves/youth, he was nowhere near understanding the pace of the game and wanted too much time for everything. It will take a while for him to come to terms with that and then we'll see if he can hack it. One thing was certain, he has pace and control and gets forward. He needs to work out that League 1 opposition will be in his face and bash him about. Uwe didn't have may options for the third sub yesterday and brining him on for a tiring Logan was one of them.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Can't believe people are writing him off after a 15 minute appearance in a game that we had in effect lost with 10 men!
 

Ryan Fredericks

Can't believe people are writing him off after a 15 minute appearance in a game that we had in effect lost with 10 men!

sums up some of our fans though
 

Ryan Fredericks

Realistically he had probably spent only a couple of hours with the rest of the team before getting on the pitch.. So you can't judge him by a few minutes! My mate supports spurs and reckons he is definately be a premiership standard player, you can't expect a player to adapt to a team in a few hours! Give him a chance, my bet is that most will change his opinion on him after a few games!
 

Ryan Fredericks

Judging him on 15 mins having signed a couple of days earlier is ridiculous. When are we changing our name to Knee-Jerk FC?
 

Ryan Fredericks

Going round in circles here :banghead:
Lets be clear
Anyone writing off Ryan after just one 15 min sub appearance is showing the patience of a teenager with a weak bladder playing football manager whilst "holding on" for the loo.
Come back next week after we've beaten Bury
 

Ryan Fredericks

Not the game for him to start with. Like most premier reserves/youth, he was nowhere near understanding the pace of the game and wanted too much time for everything. It will take a while for him to come to terms with that and then we'll see if he can hack it. One thing was certain, he has pace and control and gets forward. He needs to work out that League 1 opposition will be in his face and bash him about. Uwe didn't have may options for the third sub yesterday and brining him on for a tiring Logan was one of them.


Well said.

Absolutely right.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Not the game for him to start with. Like most premier reserves/youth, he was nowhere near understanding the pace of the game and wanted too much time for everything. It will take a while for him to come to terms with that and then we'll see if he can hack it. One thing was certain, he has pace and control and gets forward. He needs to work out that League 1 opposition will be in his face and bash him about. Uwe didn't have may options for the third sub yesterday and brining him on for a tiring Logan was one of them.

Spot on, if he does well and he goes back a better player and one that we help bring on it will help with clubs like Spurs/Everton who will trust us and just maybe we'll be loaned ones with greater experience
 

Ryan Fredericks

Can't believe people are writing him off after a 15 minute appearance in a game that we had in effect lost with 10 men!

Who has written him off? Typical GPG sh*t again, he was rubbish yesterday and I posted that, Douglas was useless for 75 minutes but I haven't written him off either, I simply said that he was very poor yesterday which was true.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Who has written him off? Typical GPG sh*t again, he was rubbish yesterday and I posted that, Douglas was useless for 75 minutes but I haven't written him off either, I simply said that he was very poor yesterday which was true.

Stop the witch-hunt !
Get behind the team.

This is why the positive people like abee, rebus, tomthebee, davee + Northolt dont post anymore
 

Ryan Fredericks

Stop the witch-hunt !
Get behind the team.

This is why the positive people like abee, rebus, tomthebee, davee + Northolt dont post anymore

Northolt is on here with another name, davee is a top lad but ban him and he won't come back, tomthebee is young and likes a go, I'm abee's favourite poster and rebus is rebus. If you want posters who only say nice things then we've got you and some other dull as dishwaster members to do that, I listen to the ones who say what they see rather than post what others want to hear.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Perhaps because he only signed yesterday and possibly only knew his team mates for a few hours before playing ?
I know we all wanted a magic, Bostock, Berahino like debut but lets give the guy a chance before the witch hunt begins.

Then why blame the player, as some earlier posters were doing ?

Can't believe people are writing him off after a 15 minute appearance in a game that we had in effect lost with 10 men!

sums up some of our fans though

Judging him on 15 mins having signed a couple of days earlier is ridiculous. When are we changing our name to Knee-Jerk FC?

Going round in circles here :banghead:
Lets be clear
Anyone writing off Ryan after just one 15 min sub appearance is showing the patience of a teenager with a weak bladder playing football manager whilst "holding on" for the loo.
Come back next week after we've beaten Bury

Calm down fellas, no one (or at least on this thread) has written him off. Its seems GPG protocol is to defend the players/manager/club to the hilt regardless of the situation. You should be able to give an honest and fair assessment of things (whether its positive or negative) without being accused of not supporting the team, being a doom monger etc. It doesnt have to be so black and white/ totally positive or depressingly negative, were adults afterall.

Yesterday Ryan was very poor, we are lucky enough to be in a position where the quality of loan signing we have had in recent years is much higher than in the past so Ryan's poor performance was perhaps a bit of a shock to most of us as we have come to expect better, even from debutants.

No one should lose much sleep over it, as afterall, it was his first game and he was clearly nervous. On top of that he barely knows his team mates and its hard for a defender to come on, slot in and do a job with such little time in the game left, those around him werent exactly putting in a stella performance to help the youngster settle.

But all that aside he is a professional and he himself wont be satisfied with his level of performance and would probably admit he was off his game. No one is perfect especially L1footballers, and especially not young loanees on debut but sometimes you have to be honest and just admit it was poor. Theres no need for you guys to jump to his defence as his performance was in many ways indefensible and im sure as a talented young prospect he would be the first to admit it and set higher standards for himself in the future.

Posters commenting on a poor performance of an indivdual from a particular game doesnt mean they are any less loyal or do not want us to achieve. Its just about giving an honest and fair assessment and on the day Ryan werent up to it, we go to Bury next week and hope for an improvment from most of the squad not just Ryan and we will all get behind the team. If a player has a bad game then its not a crime or disloyal to comment on it in the same way its only fair to acknowledge when a player has a blinder.


Hopefully Ryan will show his true value over the coming months once he has had a bit more time to settle into life as a Brentford player.

Up the Bees!
 

Ryan Fredericks

No ones writing him off. We have given you an honest assessment of his performance yesterday in which he was truly awful. That's a fact. He could be the new ronaldo for all we know but people that didn't go probably want to hear about how he looked and here you have it. Those criticising us for having a negative opinion maybe you should go and judge him urself instead of telling us we are wrong despite the fact we are the only ones that have seen him in a bees shirt.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Who has written him off? Typical GPG sh*t again, he was rubbish yesterday and I posted that, Douglas was useless for 75 minutes but I haven't written him off either, I simply said that he was very poor yesterday which was true.

Yeah Yeah says the bloke who hounded Grella and Woodman out of the club :nono:and who turned Ketteringbee into a nervous wreckrofl
 

Ryan Fredericks

Going round in circles here :banghead:
Lets be clear
Anyone writing off Ryan after just one 15 min sub appearance is showing the patience of a teenager with a weak bladder playing football manager whilst "holding on" for the loo.
Come back next week after we've beaten Bury

Sadly, it'll be 1-1, or worse, v Bury. Bet you a tracker bar.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Must wonder why he came here like I did especially when we have cover with koc and we have Dallas and Harry at right mid
 

Ryan Fredericks

I wonder why we sign a lot of these players, you never feel they will ever get near the first team. We seem to have about 3-4 every season.
 

Ryan Fredericks

He's here as the number 2 number 2, to put pressure on Logan and to get some squad experience. We're 7 games in and with a Sat-Tue run coming up, so I'm sure he's going to get game time. I don't think you can compare him to KOC, Dallas is a winger (the only one we have) and Forrester plays on the left, mainly. Fredericks has consistently been on the bench, so he's part of the first team squad, just like Kevin is. We're not a pub team and 7 subs are allowed again, plus we need cover and rotation.
 

Ryan Fredericks

He's here as the number 2 number 2, to put pressure on Logan and to get some squad experience. We're 7 games in and with a Sat-Tue run coming up, so I'm sure he's going to get game time. I don't think you can compare him to KOC, Dallas is a winger (the only one we have) and Forrester plays on the left, mainly. Fredericks has consistently been on the bench, so he's part of the first team squad, just like Kevin is. We're not a pub team and 7 subs are allowed again, plus we need cover and rotation.

Also gives us the option to revert to a flat midfield with fast wingers if needs be, handy tool to have I think
 

Ryan Fredericks

Forgotten all about Fredericks be good to see what he can do when given the chance
 

Ryan Fredericks

Well he was given his chance and I was rather impressed with what he showed off. Bags of pace, a bit of skill and caused a few problems for them.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Yep, looks a talent with great pace and a cool head. Could see him having an impact.
 

Ryan Fredericks

He did better than at Walsall..
A real winger it seems.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Looked very good and from what I saw today the most promising right winger ive seen at GP in a long long time
 

Ryan Fredericks

Impressed when he came on and seems a good attacking outlet.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Looked dangerous going forward and had more composure than most youngsters.
 

Ryan Fredericks

What a good player he looked when he came on, looks like a very good option with pace and able to fo damage wide right or cutting in from the left.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Superb cameo, really enjoyed watching him today.
Its was nice to see what he is about, could have done with getting him on the ball a bit more in the last 10 to take the pressure off our back 5 a bit.
 

Ryan Fredericks

He's quick... for a full back!
 

Ryan Fredericks

Looked completely different today than his previous two substitute appearances... When he was thrown in at the deep end despite hardly having a training session with them team!

Though he looked direct, eager and pacey, which are great attributes for a winger and he seems to be the type of player who can quite easily alleviate pressure from our defense when under the cosh by giving the opposition something to worry about.
 

Ryan Fredericks

He looks every bit a winger to me. Very impressive going forward but I think he's too weak in the tackle to be a wing back. The option of him and Harry on the wings in a standard 4-4-2 looks like a very exciting alternative to the diamond formation though.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Well impressed with this lad today. Has real talent and caused them some real problems. Well done lad.
 

Ryan Fredericks

On today's showing he could be one of the best loan signings for quite while.
 

Ryan Fredericks

From what I've heard he didn't have a great sub appearance against Walsall... not saying this is the case, and I hope not, but maybe he's similar to Myles Weston in that he has undoubted talent but blows hot and cold... IMO will be a very useful player this season though...
 

Ryan Fredericks

From what I've heard he didn't have a great sub appearance against Walsall... not saying this is the case, and I hope not, but maybe he's similar to Myles Weston in that he has undoubted talent but blows hot and cold... IMO will be a very useful player this season though...

Wasn't that at right back? Think he is far more attacking than defensive.
 

Ryan Fredericks

Wasn't that at right back? Think he is far more attacking than defensive.

Quite possibly.. like I say I didn't go but from what I've heard he was fairly poor... you are right though, wouldn't want him at right back but he is really the only suitable cover for logan if he were to get injured as I don't think Uwe likes O'Connor there, think he prefers quick attacking full backs..
 

Ryan Fredericks

Quite possibly.. like I say I didn't go but from what I've heard he was fairly poor... you are right though, wouldn't want him at right back but he is really the only suitable cover for logan if he were to get injured as I don't think Uwe likes O'Connor there, think he prefers quick attacking full backs..

Whilst I would not advocate moving Dean as he has been one of the top three performers this season IMO, if pushed I would have no problem seeing him fill in, short term, at right back. He is powerfull, mobile, great on the ball and can cross. He tends to bomb on and really counter attack which I like a lot, although Uwe was going spare at him today, perhaps understandable given the stage of the game!
 

Ryan Fredericks

..............a lively cameo from the fella ..............looked quick and skillful..............
 

Ryan Fredericks

Quite possibly.. like I say I didn't go but from what I've heard he was fairly poor... you are right though, wouldn't want him at right back but he is really the only suitable cover for logan if he were to get injured as I don't think Uwe likes O'Connor there, think he prefers quick attacking full backs..

We were also playing with 10men and was a difficult game to get involved in as we weren't at the races and were nackered. I wouldn't say he played poorly.

Would say from what I've seen so far he has more of a football brain and skill than Weston
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom