Samosas

Joined
10 Sep 2021
Messages
144
Reaction score
234
Location
Ealing

Samosas

Hi all,
We're Samosas Direct - the guys who do the Samosas in the Dugout Bar !
We wanted to get in touch to say hi and thanks for all your support during the last 2 games.
It's the first time (to our knowledge) that a professional football stadium has had a Samosa bar and we're still learning.
We also wanted to see if you could share your feedback on our food as well as any questions you have for us.
thanks
 

Samosas

We're still 2 games in so still learning a lot about the fans and the stadium. We'd love to be everywhere but......1 step at a time
Fans have bought tickets in the South Stand on the basis of being able to try your samosas. I would say the trial is going well!
 

Samosas

Any chance of a King Prawn Butterfly?
 

Samosas

Really enjoyed the samosas having snuck into the dugout bar after Arsenal. All three were very good - neck and neck between the chicken and veg ones, I least liked the lamb but not enough to turn down the free one from a bee who only wanted two! It’d be good if you could get trays that had compartments for both sauces but the tamarind chutney was very tasty.

Hope the trial goes well and you get to sell in the other stands. Any chance of diversifying into other Indian snacks like bhajis? Or supplying dosas to the main kiosks (nobody sensible will complain about the lack if burgers if there are decent dosas!).
 

Samosas

Really enjoyed the samosas having snuck into the dugout bar after Arsenal. All three were very good - neck and neck between the chicken and veg ones, I least liked the lamb but not enough to turn down the free one from a bee who only wanted two! It’d be good if you could get trays that had compartments for both sauces but the tamarind chutney was very tasty.

Hope the trial goes well and you get to sell in the other stands. Any chance of diversifying into other Indian snacks like bhajis? Or supplying dosas to the main kiosks (nobody sensible will complain about the lack if burgers if there are decent dosas!).
Hi. Thanks for your message. We’ll have a look into the trays. FYI - the ones we use are plant based and fully compostable - we don’t use plastics for our packaging.
We’re looking to get better at what we’re doing currently before we look at other food options but we do have some ideas around what else we could offer.
Every now and then, we need food tasters to help us decide on menus etc. You can sign up here and you might be selected to receive some samples in return for your feedback:
 

Samosas

I don't think the patrons in the dugout are true samosa aficionados. I suggest moving to the north stand where you will find a better class and more appreciative group of customers.
Here here. I would suggest getting in touch with the club to enquire about relocating your concession to the North Stand.
 

Samosas

Fancied a Samosa before the Arsenal game but was told I had to buy 3.
I wanted 1 or max 2.
Walked away without buying anything.
Can you not sell less than 3 ?
 

Samosas

Is the post-game dugout entry just for season-ticket holders or members too?
 

Samosas

Could you not be like the kind Bee who gave me his third because he only wanted two?
I thought I noticed a very dodgy looking character hanging around by the Samosa Stand. How long did you have to wait until you got offered one ?
Will keep any eye out tomorrow ?
 

Samosas

We're still 2 games in so still learning a lot about the fans and the stadium. We'd love to be everywhere but......1 step at a time
Thanks, I did get to taste them at the Forest Green match as I moved to South Stand.

Very nice.
 

Samosas

How much are these Samosa's and do you do pack ups for away games?
Ooops........TW8......so eating is cheating!!!
 

Samosas

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
South stand b.....ds!
South stand b.....ds!
They ate all the pies!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Samosas

Would there be a meat pie and chips samosa for the Paddock Alumni?
 

Samosas

I suggested to the club that they should sell Samosa. Firstly to the caterers at GP who told me that they would never work and then when discussing food prior to the Lionel Road Focus groups.

Apart from being social and ideal for families as they can be shared (i.e. if they are 4 for £1.50), they cater for vegetarians, are not messy and are really tasty.

Can't wait for them to be available in the North Stand.

What are the prices?... Are multiples cheaper?
 

Samosas

4 for £1.50
Yes, I've love to eat a 30p samosa. Must be quality that. Especially after taking off all the costs. You must be left with a fresh air samosa without the wrapping.
 

Samosas

Yes, I've love to eat a 30p samosa. Must be quality that. Especially after taking off all the costs. You must be left with a fresh air samosa without the wrapping.
The best Samosa I've ever had come from the Shamsha restaurant in North Road, Southall and there's are about 45p... Discounted if you buy in bulk.

The queue goes out the door
 

Samosas

The best Samosa I've ever had come from the Shamsha restaurant in North Road, Southall and there's are about 45p... Discounted if you buy in bulk.

The queue goes out the door
So you are already up to £1.80, and no doubt this was 100 years ago when you could hear the roar from Griffin Park.
 

Samosas

I suggested to the club that they should sell Samosa. Firstly to the caterers at GP who told me that they would never work and then when discussing food prior to the Lionel Road Focus groups.

Apart from being social and ideal for families as they can be shared (i.e. if they are 4 for £1.50), they cater for vegetarians, are not messy and are really tasty.

Can't wait for them to be available in the North Stand.

What are the prices?... Are multiples cheaper?
3 for £6 I think.
 
Back
Top Bottom