Samosas

Samosas

So you are already up to £1.80, and no doubt this was 100 years ago when you could hear the roar from Griffin Park.
Are you taking the piss out of me?
 

Samosas

Superb, stuffed with filling not one of those you need two bites to find what’s in it !
 

Samosas

Will need to try these samosas that many have raved about and see whether it is better than my mum's homemade ones which are just delish.

Not a fav of chicken ones but will certainly try the veg and lamb ones idc.
 

Samosas

Bring my own from corner shop bigger with more meat (not sure of grade) and cheaper 89p.
 

Samosas

Here here. I would suggest getting in touch with the club to enquire about relocating your concession to the North Stand.
We aim to do this but I guess a little 'gentle' persuasion from yourselves might help too !
 

Samosas

We aim to do this but I guess a little 'gentle' persuasion from yourselves might help too !
They are quite small!
So I succumbed yesterday and bought 3 for £6 even though again I only fancied one or two. Reasonably tasty although I found them a bit dry. Ate half of each of the three but couldn’t find AB (presumably someone else had already gave him their spare) so ended up leaving 1.5 samosas to be chucked away.
Just sell ‘em for £2 each FFS !
 

Samosas

So I succumbed yesterday and bought 3 for £6 even though again I only fancied one or two. Reasonably tasty although I found them a bit dry. Ate half of each of the three but couldn’t find AB (presumably someone else had already gave him their spare) so ended up leaving 1.5 samosas to be chucked away.
Just sell ‘em for £2 each FFS !

What happens if you want to buy 5. ?
 

Samosas

So I succumbed yesterday and bought 3 for £6 even though again I only fancied one or two. Reasonably tasty although I found them a bit dry. Ate half of each of the three but couldn’t find AB (presumably someone else had already gave him their spare) so ended up leaving 1.5 samosas to be chucked away.
Just sell ‘em for £2 each FFS !
I’m surprised they’re not £2 each or 3 for £5.
 

Samosas

Then it can be part of your emergency survival rations as samosas are delicious, hot or cold.
I agree. Curry is nicer cold sometimes. You can taste the flavour more clearly.
 

Samosas

I agree. Curry is nicer cold sometimes. You can taste the flavour more clearly.
It’s actually a pretty authentic way of eating it to have it lukewarm rather than piping hot.
 

Samosas

I enjoyed mine in the dugout after the game - veggie with tamarind sauce, much better than what I'm used to at football
 

Samosas

So good the TW8 eating is cheating rule may have been broken vs Brighton
(No names obvs)
 

Samosas

Can you rustle up some jalebi as well please?

We also buy our jalebi (from Wembley) don't make it at home. My wife and mum makes the best Gujarati dhokla mind you with mint sauce. I should tell them to set up a stall.

There is nothing like home made curry. My wife just made some lamb curry tonight and this beats any curry one would get in an Indian restaurant. With the exception of Gymkhana in Mayfair and Trishna, I find most Indian restaurants in London very bland compared to home made stuff. @Holysmit is right above, curry should be mild hot rather than pipping hot as one lose's the flavour.

ps the £6 for 3 comment was said tongue in cheek.
 

Samosas

We also buy our jalebi (from Wembley) don't make it at home. My wife and mum makes the best Gujarati dhokla mind you with mint sauce. I should tell them to set up a stall.

There is nothing like home made curry. My wife just made some lamb curry tonight and this beats any curry one would get in an Indian restaurant. With the exception of Gymkhana in Mayfair and Trishna, I find most Indian restaurants in London very bland compared to home made stuff. @Holysmit is right above, curry should be mild hot rather than pipping hot as one lose's the flavour.

ps the £6 for 3 comment was said tongue in cheek.
What’s your opinion on Chutney Mary ?
We’ve been there a few times ( the one in St.James) for special family occasions and loved the food and the service but acknowledge we are far from connoisseurs.
 

Samosas

What’s your opinion on Chutney Mary ?
We’ve been there a few times ( the one in St.James) for special family occasions and loved the food and the service but acknowledge we are far from connoisseurs.

Had a working dinner there once. Honestly for what you pay it is blah. Not value for money. This is true for most Indian restaurants.

Even for me when I visit gymkhana or Trishna it is over priced. But for the the quality is better than most. As I noted above the flavour and taste is nothing what is compared from traditional homemade curry. I have said this before and say it again all my friends whom have curry at my home their ass will burn the next morning …. What to say lol
 

Samosas

We also buy our jalebi (from Wembley) don't make it at home. My wife and mum makes the best Gujarati dhokla mind you with mint sauce. I should tell them to set up a stall.

There is nothing like home made curry. My wife just made some lamb curry tonight and this beats any curry one would get in an Indian restaurant. With the exception of Gymkhana in Mayfair and Trishna, I find most Indian restaurants in London very bland compared to home made stuff. @Holysmit is right above, curry should be mild hot rather than pipping hot as one lose's the flavour.

ps the £6 for 3 comment was said tongue in cheek.
I.B. Have you thought of hosting social events for a few GPGers? A few samosas , beers and a curry. I’d be willing to pay and would sign up in a flash!
 

Samosas

I.B. Have you thought of hosting social events for a few GPGers? A few samosas , beers and a curry. I’d be willing to pay and would sign up in a flash!
But maybe a trip to Manhattan might be awkward.
 

Samosas

As a Punjabi where the samosa is a national dish for us.
I am staggered that they are charging £6 for 3.
I know stadiums and venues have extreme prices but at £2 a samosa - that is just criminal.
As a member of a family that owned restaurants in the past. All I can say is that there are plenty of fine Punjabi establishments around Southall/Hounslow that sell either ready cooked or ready prepared samosas (U just need to fry them) at a fraction of the price.
Have a look at them on Google.
Pay the right price and enjoy them at home with the family and by the bucketful.
 

Samosas

The best Samosa I've ever had come from the Shamsha restaurant in North Road, Southall and there's are about 45p... Discounted if you buy in bulk.

The queue goes out the door
Your talking about Shahanshah restaurant on North Road, Southall.
Yes amongst us Punjabi's there were seen as one of the bests for Samosas.
However the original owners and caterers have recently sold up and thus the people running it now haven't kept up to the standards.
And your pricing is right although many wouldn't believe you but that's generally the price they are.
These caterers who bring it into Brentford don't have high costs, rates and staff like restaurants like Shahanshah.
They are very small unit operations - off the back road operations and thus can't see how on earth they can charge £2 a samosa.
Daylight robbery and as a Punjabi am offended at their pricing.
 

Samosas

I know lots of people enjoy burgers and hot dogs – including me sometimes – but those found at football stadia are pretty gross IMHO and not something I would want to add to my diet on a regular basis.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I love the idea of everyone at Brentford tucking in to delicious world foods that reflect the diversity of the area and club. Samosas are a great idea, count me in! (North Stand)
 

Samosas

Your talking about Shahanshah restaurant on North Road, Southall.
Yes amongst us Punjabi's there were seen as one of the bests for Samosas.
However the original owners and caterers have recently sold up and thus the people running it now haven't kept up to the standards.
And your pricing is right although many wouldn't believe you but that's generally the price they are.
These caterers who bring it into Brentford don't have high costs, rates and staff like restaurants like Shahanshah.
They are very small unit operations - off the back road operations and thus can't see how on earth they can charge £2 a samosa.
Daylight robbery and as a Punjabi am offended at their pricing.
Maybe Brentford set the pricing to keep it in line with other options. A sausage roll costs nothing like 4.50 in the real world either.
 

Samosas

Ambala on Drummond Street (Euston) best I’ve had. Plus only about 90p and massive. Tamarind sauce a delight for extra 30p. Love a proper samosa. Yet to try food at LR, prob when it gets cold I’ll fancy something, not a box of pizza though (weird) far too awkward/distracting with a game going on. :hat:
 

Samosas

Maybe Brentford set the pricing to keep it in line with other options. A sausage roll costs nothing like 4.50 in the real world either.

The simple answer is don't buy food in the staduim if you don't like the prices (or the menu)

Eat before or after the game, there is loads of other options available.
 

Samosas

I am seriously considering breaking my eating is cheating rule and have a pizza solely on the off chance I’m in front of @BEEcool and can piss him right off !! ?
 

Samosas

Maybe Brentford set the pricing to keep it in line with other options. A sausage roll costs nothing like 4.50 in the real world either.
Indeed. They would certainly want something for allowing samosas to be sold.
 

Samosas

The simple answer is don't buy food in the staduim if you don't like the prices (or the menu)

Eat before or after the game, there is loads of other options available.
I’m not complaining. I’m just pointing out that yes vs Southall prices the samosas are expensive but the people selling them are not likely in charge of the prices.
 

Samosas

I’d quite like to be in a position to buy any food in the new stadium, the S106 options are somewhat limited and even further limited by the fact there has been f*** all there for the last three games.
 

Samosas

Maybe Brentford set the pricing to keep it in line with other options. A sausage roll costs nothing like 4.50 in the real world either.
Yes Alex you may be right there.

Wow £4.50 for a sausage roll - that is criminal too. Is that how much they are at our new stadium ?
To be fair I haven't been to the concession stands at our new stadium as I managed to convert my nephew to Brentford so I got him a season ticket and he comes with me to the games and so we tend to eat before we get to the game.

When I was on me own at GP, I did like a cup of tea and a sausage roll - especially during the winter night games - but I am sure I never paid £4.50 for a sausage roll as I would have walked away at such prices.

These food prices seem to be very high at our new stadium.
Criminal in fact.
 

Samosas

Had a working dinner there once. Honestly for what you pay it is blah. Not value for money. This is true for most Indian restaurants.

Even for me when I visit gymkhana or Trishna it is over priced. But for the the quality is better than most. As I noted above the flavour and taste is nothing what is compared from traditional homemade curry. I have said this before and say it again all my friends whom have curry at my home their ass will burn the next morning …. What to say lol
Have also tried and enjoyed Cricket and Dishoom. How do you rate them ?
 

Samosas

I didn’t really like dishoom and much prefer an old skool curry house in the suburbs. Doesn’t really matter what I think though because as soon as Edmundo is awake this all disappears
 

Samosas

£2 for a Samosa is criminal and how ! Just told my wife the prices she is like WTF. Anyway got an early start … tbc !

Lol so true, I just told my loved ones the same about it being £2 a samosa and typical Punjabi business mentality, they said why don't we cook them from mum and set up a stand outside the stadium and undercut the prices these crooks are charging.

£2 a samosa is what I would expect to pay at some luxury hotel like Cliveden House, not at a football stadium.
Am amazed people think that is a fair price to pay for a samosa.
 

Samosas

Does anyone know if £2 for a samosa is expensive?
 
Back
Top Bottom