Stephen Hunt (retired)

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Yep, looked like Hunty was the star of the game. Shame that the keeper pulled off that brilliant save to deny him what would have been a stunning goal. And for those who say he can't cross ... I guess he's just getting better and better.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Yep, looked like Hunty was the star of the game. Shame that the keeper pulled off that brilliant save to deny him what would have been a stunning goal. And for those who say he can't cross ... I guess he's just getting better and better.


Agreed. I was never sure he could make it at a higher level-let alone the Premiereship- but he has.

I am pleased for him. I was sad to see him leave Brentford though.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Never thought he had enough quality to succeed at the top level but fair play to him. He seems to be holding down a starting spot for Reading at the moment and I wish him further success.


:imwith:
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

He's certainly has had some coaching in the last couple of years - he was actually looking around to pass the ball and has learned how to cross. It's such a pity he never got that instruction at BFC.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Er, it's the same coach!


I suspect it is Steve Coppell who deals with the wingers rather than Wally Downes.

Hunt stagnated a bit towards the end of his time here and TBH I gave him no chance in the Prem. Hands up, I was wrong.

Hope he can continue to thrive.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Good for Hunty.

I did'nt even think he was good enough for our team lol lol
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Hunt stagnated a bit towards the end of his time here and TBH I gave him no chance in the Prem. Hands up, I was wrong.

Hope he can continue to thrive.



Same here. Suspect its the reason Coppell is a manager and we're not lol
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

............yet another successful Martin Allen transaction..................!



Very true.........Dobbo as well......:nono:

Good to see Stephen doing well as h'se a really nice bloke shame that its not in a Bees shirt anyone..........:(
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Don't see how you can say the injury was funny.

They aren't Chelsea fans and they aren't football fans, let's get real.
Also Downes is right when he says 'anyone who'd meet Ibu in a dark alleyway is pretty brave'.

what on earth are you talking about :confused:

i say it's "funny" cos i wasn't being entirely serious. I feel sorry for ol' Petr but he'll survive and it couldn't happen to a more deserving team...
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Hunt stagnated a bit towards the end of his time here and TBH I gave him no chance in the Prem. Hands up, I was wrong.

You could really say exactly the same about Sonko too...
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I didn't doubt Sonko was good enough to play in the Prem given the right partner and team :shrug:

More the 'went off the boil towards the end at GP' bit I meant, he seemed to lose interest and not play anywhere near to his ability at times. But I do admit I saw Sonko as more a Championship than a Premiership defender. Especially as I thought Darren Powell was the better player but seems to have disappeared off the radar.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

More the 'went off the boil towards the end at GP' bit I meant, he seemed to lose interest and not play anywhere near to his ability at times.


I think he suffered towards the end of Downes' days but was back with a bang when Allen arrived.

Contributed a lot towards us staying up and deserves to be where he is now IMHO.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Reading - 8th in the Premiership.

WOW. :eek:

The talent we've had come through Brentford over the years.

Still managed to avoid success though didn't we. :(
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I think he suffered towards the end of Downes' days but was back with a bang when Allen arrived.

Contributed a lot towards us staying up and deserves to be where he is now IMHO.

I couldn't face going to Swinedon vs Bees back when Wally was in charge. A colleague of mine (not a Bees fan), however, did go, and said that the best player on the park that day was Mr Sonko. It doesn't surprise me that he's gone onto bigger and better things.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I was always a fan whilst he was here but watching him running around without looking out of place at Goodison on Sunday has surprised me.:confused:
I still thought that early season he would get a chance and then fade away but he looked the real deal. My lad thinks the hair makes him look like something out of The Lord Of The Rings though.

It's all a bit weird really.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I was always a fan whilst he was here but watching him running around without looking out of place at Goodison on Sunday has surprised me.:confused:
I still thought that early season he would get a chance and then fade away but he looked the real deal. My lad thinks the hair makes him look like something out of The Lord Of The Rings though.

It's all a bit weird really.
I think it's surprised a lot of people, perhaps himself included. It just shows that hard work combined with talent and burning ambition will get you far.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I think it's surprised a lot of people, perhaps himself included. It just shows that hard work combined with talent and burning ambition will get you far.

Tabby must be a bit pissed though
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I think it's surprised a lot of people, perhaps himself included. It just shows that hard work combined with talent and burning ambition will get you far.

Is that why Brooker is with us then?;)
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

also his position has helped him due to the severe lack of left sided midfielders, deserves a chance in the Republic squad to hopefully oust no pace Kilbane
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

It's all a bit weird really.

:yes: Well summed up! Stephen Hunt playing in the Premiershite every week is double weird.

I didn't rate him and still don't to be honest, a trier but no better than an average player IMO. I thought Tabby was twice the player (and he doesn't have a Kevin Keegan hairstyle either).
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

He scored yesterday as well as getting punched/slapped twice.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

From the beeb

2020: And almost a goal in San Marino from a substitute, but not quite. Reading's Stephen Hunt hits the post within a minute of coming.

Go on stevie boy!!
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

lol rofl ha ha heee heee lol rofl
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

slightly better now
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Still embarassing though.

Lost about 40 odd qualifiers in a row I think.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Still embarassing though.

Lost about 40 odd qualifiers in a row I think.

agree, can't see Staunton lasting too long after they fail to qualify. Roy Keane to take over.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

San Marino have lost every single European Championships game they have ever played.

Oh so near lol
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Oh joy of joys

San Marino have lost every single European Championships game they have ever played.

Oh so near lol

We won. :bound: One step nearer to qualification. ;) Thank god I didn't venture out to watch that sh*t. It was bad enough listening to it on RTE. :sad:

Staunton might just last until the US tour in May. Personally I think he should have gone after the Cyprus debacle but whilst that ****wit Delaney remains in the FAI he'll stay on. Idiots the lot of them. :mad1:

What a sad state of affairs. :(

Hunt did alright according to the RTE commentators. He's proved me wrong by playing for his country.
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Congrats Hunty we are proud:wave:
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

They think about letting San Marino become a judge :scratch:

Of course. :thetruth: :D

"San Marino were always going to be a handful in this group" says Steve Staunton. :scratch: Well thanks for your insight Einstein now collect your cards and shut the door behind you. F**k's sake! :mad1:
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

I've just spoke to the wee man and he wanted to say thanks for the nice words on here who keep tabs on his progress. Needless to say Hunty didn't swap shirts after!

He managed to hitch a lift back to London on Robbie Keane's private jet...:rolleyes:
 

Stephen Hunt (retired)

Congrats Hunty

However you will always be the player i nutmegged when i was a mascot vs Burnley all those years ago :)
 
Back
Top Bottom