The Marcus Bean thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marcus Bean thread

And which of them play in the same way asBean, ie a box to box, ball winning midfielder? It's all about having a blend.

None. The 4 you mentioned are all offensive players who have barely made a tackle all season.

I shouldn't have wasted my time replying to you as you have your own opinion and maybe agenda and won't ever be swayed by others.

NLB. Thanks yet again for saving the wear and tear on my digits ;)
 

The Marcus Bean thread

NLB. Thanks yet again for saving the wear and tear on my digits ;)

Why do these people do this the whole time. Are they just obstinate, stupid, myopic, doing it to get a response and for someone tobite as I just have or totally negative who want those the worst in everything?.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

It's just so bloody frustrating when the same people spout the same things (you could insert a different word here) time after time after time, relentlessly without ever being prepared to modify or consider other views.

There is a word for people like that and it does my head in having to read their posts as nothing will ever get them to change their default and preconceived opinions.

Maybe they are very obstinate or just want to get a rise or response from others on the board?

Very well put.

I have said the same on another thread - some people will see what they want to see, to support their entrenched views.

Rather sad, if you ask me, to be so closed minded.

Anyway :backtotopic: hope Mr. Bean isn't too badly injured. He has been playing well, of late.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

no its called an opinion, if you dont like it ignore it...Bean has been playing right mid for ages now, the 4 mentioned players can all come in and do a job.
 
Last edited:

The Marcus Bean thread

no its called an opinion, if you dont like it ignore it...Bean has been playing right mid for ages now.

I don't think he has lately. He does pop up on the right as he did when he helped set up the third goal on Monday but he has been playing predominantly as a ball winner and runner in front of the back four with license (as have Douglas and Diagouraga) to get forward as long as there is cover behind him.

He has proved that he is not suited in a right sided MF role as Scott uded to play him as he doesn't have the necessary skill on the ball or ability to spot and play a pass.

I think that despite his great efforts as he is a thoroughly good pro that he will probably leave at the end of the season and get a decent contract elsewhere.

Forshaw can fill the gap as he can pass, tackle and move and has more natural ability on the ball.

If we are looking to play 442 with 2 wide men then certainly Weston, McGinn and Forrester come into contention although playing Saunders and Forrester together is not a workeable option as neither have any pace.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Hanworth I respect your opinion. Can I ask you just one question. As you seem to have a thing about playing Loanees over our own players. Can I just add before I ask the question that, even if/ when we do get into the Championship we will still get Loan players. Even Premier clubs have loan players in their teams. I wont go into the reasons why we have to have budgets etc.

My question and please answer directly no waffle.

1. Would you rather gain promotion this season, or next. With quality loan players wearing the red and white or
2. Fail to gain promotion this or next. By playing without loan players whatsoever.

So is it 1 or 2. Thanks
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Got to admit Bean isn't exactly what we need as a right midfielder! The diamond style we played yesterday failed to materialise against a very physical team on a crap pitch, but I'm glad Uwe gave it a go.

Footballers (particularly midfielders) have massively varying qualities. For everything that Bean lacks as a technical footballer, he more than makes up for in determination, work rate and overall contribution. There's no point in having technical midfielders if they don't get anywhere near the ball.

Marcus playing as a ball winning/box to box midfielder this year has been exceptional - he won't score a lot, but he'll win twice as many tackles as any of our other front 6 players. I've never seen a player with such an ability to get booked, although I see it as a sign of his experience and maturity that I don't worry that he'll get sent off anymore!
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Not my favourite player and l expect him to be off at end of season but he was just behind legge as my motm yesterday.Very surprised at mick c excellent match report when he said Bean had a poor game yesterday
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Not my favourite player and l expect him to be off at end of season but he was just behind legge as my motm yesterday.Very surprised at mick c excellent match report when he said Bean had a poor game yesterday

Just for me Bill, Thought first twenty he was not involved due to his role on the right, he spent so much time looking for the ball, he ended up chasing it with a sliding yellow out on the left wing and looked thoroughly fed up.
Second half good point Josh makes, three times he went to tackle and pulled out as he knew get it wrong and he was off. He thinks about the game and the team, thats experience for you, but wide right for me yesterday wasn't his best use of abilities, but I'll concede Bill the guys that went seem to differ, so take my view as exactly that, an isolated view! ;)
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Hanworth I respect your opinion. Can I ask you just one question. As you seem to have a thing about playing Loanees over our own players. Can I just add before I ask the question that, even if/ when we do get into the Championship we will still get Loan players. Even Premier clubs have loan players in their teams. I wont go into the reasons why we have to have budgets etc.

My question and please answer directly no waffle.

1. Would you rather gain promotion this season, or next. With quality loan players wearing the red and white or
2. Fail to gain promotion this or next. By playing without loan players whatsoever.

So is it 1 or 2. Thanks
1 but if we had a smaller squad next season we can add better loanees and free up the budget
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Hanworth I respect your opinion. Can I ask you just one question. As you seem to have a thing about playing Loanees over our own players. Can I just add before I ask the question that, even if/ when we do get into the Championship we will still get Loan players. Even Premier clubs have loan players in their teams. I wont go into the reasons why we have to have budgets etc.

My question and please answer directly no waffle.

1. Would you rather gain promotion this season, or next. With quality loan players wearing the red and white or
2. Fail to gain promotion this or next. By playing without loan players whatsoever.

So is it 1 or 2. Thanks
What about 3) gain promotion without playing loan players whatsoever?

I like loanees, but your options aren't exhaustive. :D
 

The Marcus Bean thread

1 but if we had a smaller squad next season we can add better loanees and free up the budget

Whilst I see loanees as an important part of game at this level, ideally we would want to reduce the numbers as there is often a recall risk involved, and we cant always get the players we want, or at the right time as this season has shown us. Until that happens we have little or no choice but to utilise loanees as best we can, otherwise we are not going anywhere fast.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

What about 3) gain promotion without playing loan players whatsoever?

I like loanees, but your options aren't exhaustive. :D

Absolutely spot on. How I wish we had a team of our own players good enough to do this, I do totally understand the point. But do you think that would happen this season ? For example I like Marcus Bean a lot as a player if only for his 100% total commitment, the lad who will take his place for the time being from Everton is a much better player that's the type of Loanee I want. I agree with Hanworthbee about loanees coming in who are no better than our own 100%.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I think we would all agree:

1. It would ideally be great if we could get by without loanees

2. Any loanee brought in should add value and fill a real need - short or long term and be appreciably better than the player he replaces

3. Loanees should not stifle the progress of permanent squad members whose ability merits a place in the first team.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

..........is he still injured????????..........
 

The Marcus Bean thread

We have missed him the last few games,this is the sort of experienced team orientated player that should be kept.. Would have offered some fight and helped Forshaw and not let the midfield be bullied..yes not good enough for the next level BUT we are league 1 at the moment and we need some players who can do a job and care about the club
 

The Marcus Bean thread

We have missed him the last few games,this is the sort of experienced team orientated player that should be kept.. Would have offered some fight and helped Forshaw and not let the midfield be bullied..yes not good enough for the next level BUT we are league 1 at the moment and we need some players who can do a job and care about the club

:imwith:

Very true. He provides strength and committment to the spine of the team. Uwe should offer him a contract ASAP before Crawley do.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

...............good to have a bit more bite in the middle of the park................
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Vintage Marcus today especially in the patchy first half, even almost got knocked out by sticking his head in the way of the ball.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

He has really won me over the last few months. Today he showed what we've missed in the last three games. It's all very well having technically superior players in midfield but you also need bite and energy. I thought he set the tempo today and I hope Uwe recognises that at this level you need a Marcus Bean type player in the side.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Exactly right we do need a Bean type player(s)! But it seems Uwe doesn't agree which is mad!
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Exactly right we do need a Bean type player(s)! But it seems Uwe doesn't agree which is mad!

I'd be very surprised if he didn't agree tbh. As you say, it's a Bean "type" player we need rather than perhaps Beany himself. I love Marcus but if we can bring in someone who does everything Marcus does but maybe a bit more too then that's what we should be aiming for IMO. We mustn't let him go if we can't bring in better though.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I'd be very surprised if he didn't agree tbh. As you say, it's a Bean "type" player we need rather than perhaps Beany himself. I love Marcus but if we can bring in someone who does everything Marcus does but maybe a bit more too then that's what we should be aiming for IMO. We mustn't let him go if we can't bring in better though.


Spot on
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Pen and form for Mr. Bean:)
 

The Marcus Bean thread

We need him, makes such a big difference with him or KOC in midfield...
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Is it a coincidence? Bean back midfield appears stronger... At least he closed down play..good league 1 player which is what we need
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I think we need a Marcus Bean type player....just one with a higher general ability level. I like him, and when he leaves in he summer he shouldn't struggle to find a League One club to go to. But I think we need a better player but who has similar attributes.

I do appreciate what he brings to the club though, a very useful player.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Coventry and Peterborough interested according to Sky Sports.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

It says there that we would like him to stay but he may not due to interest. I'm a big fan of Marcus but I thought we were just going to let him leave. Does anyone know if we've offered him a contract?
 

The Marcus Bean thread

good for him if it happens, he will be a big loss for us. Doesnt have much natural ability but more than makes up for it in effort and in our league thats half the battle but i'd be shocked if he goes to either of them
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I have always appreciated Mr Beans effort for the team. Over the past couple of months I must say would be happier to see Dave go. Dont think you can keep Dave, Bean and Koc, and seeing that Dave has not really delivered this season would be happier if we were able to get rid of him, however, he is still under contract next season so Uwe's hands are tied somewhat.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Marcus did well on Saturday - we miss his tackling and disruptive (to opposition attacks) play when he's out.
I hope he stays.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I hope we offer him the same deal that Saunders got, has been a consistently good performer this year.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Issue is that we will have Kev available next year for that kind of role. Better IMO to look for a footballing mid player.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

If a higher division (and presumably higher-paying) club is interested, then I don't see him as someone for whom we should break the bank to match offers. No objection to him staying another year, as he always gives 100%, but only on the right terms
 

The Marcus Bean thread

Issue is that we will have Kev available next year for that kind of role. Better IMO to look for a footballing mid player.

If a higher division (and presumably higher-paying) club is interested, then I don't see him as someone for whom we should break the bank to match offers. No objection to him staying another year, as he always gives 100%, but only on the right terms

Agree with both above points. Good player but personally I wasnt heartbroken when it looked like he was leaving but (lacking Kev) he has done a good job for us this year.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

He's got a b****y good agent!
 

The Marcus Bean thread

He has no technical ability so will never make it in the Championship. Could be a star in the SPL though....
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I like him, he is a good player... not got the most finesse but so what. Worth a contract offer IMO.

I thought this was probably his level, but if he can make it in the championship good for him.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

I like him, he is a good player... not got the most finesse but so what. Worth a contract offer IMO.

I thought this was probably his level, but if he can make it in the championship good for him.

:imwith:

A very effective player at L1 level.

So, HAVE BFC offered him a contract?
 

The Marcus Bean thread

according to the Chron we might offer him a new deal yet
 

The Marcus Bean thread

With respect, I think we're in danger yet again of biggin up an average player. I doubt Marcus would feature as a regular first choice in most top 10 teams in League 1 so surprised at the Sky hype. Good luck to him if it comes off but I suspect it's a bit of agent work. I don't think we need him if we have a fit O'Connor .
 

The Marcus Bean thread

With respect, I think we're in danger yet again of biggin up an average player. I doubt Marcus would feature as a regular first choice in most top 10 teams in League 1 so surprised at the Sky hype. Good luck to him if it comes off but I suspect it's a bit of agent work. I don't think we need him if we have a fit O'Connor .

Your opinion,but to be honest think he deserves better opinions.
 

The Marcus Bean thread

With respect, I think we're in danger yet again of biggin up an average player. I doubt Marcus would feature as a regular first choice in most top 10 teams in League 1 so surprised at the Sky hype. Good luck to him if it comes off but I suspect it's a bit of agent work. I don't think we need him if we have a fit O'Connor .

That
 

The Marcus Bean thread

With respect, I think we're in danger yet again of biggin up an average player. I doubt Marcus would feature as a regular first choice in most top 10 teams in League 1 so surprised at the Sky hype. Good luck to him if it comes off but I suspect it's a bit of agent work. I don't think we need him if we have a fit O'Connor .

I disagree. They are different types of player. KOC is a steadying influence and reads the game well, more like Douglas. Bean is a more dynamic 'be everywhere' player with massive energy.

Both proven, both reliable, both will always give 100%. We need them both in a L1 campaign.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom