The New Manager Thread

Who do you want as the next manager?

  • Martin Allen

    Votes: 303 51.0%
  • Anyone but Martin Allen

    Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Andy Scott

    Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Steve Cotterill

    Votes: 30 5.1%
  • Liam Daish

    Votes: 32 5.4%
  • Mick Harford

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Ray McFarland

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary Johnson

    Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Paul Fairclough

    Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Neale Cooper

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Paul Simpson

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Graham Westley

    Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Alan Devonshire

    Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Chris Hughton

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Scott Marshall

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Keown

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Steve Perryman

    Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Adrian Whitbread

    Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Paul Buckle

    Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Nigel Clough

    Votes: 27 4.5%
  • Gary Blissett

    Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Jim Harvey

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Anyone but Andy Scott

    Votes: 22 3.7%
  • Mike Newell

    Votes: 51 8.6%

  • Total voters
    594
Status
Not open for further replies.

The New Manager Thread

also, given our quite desperate plight, shouldn't the new manager be in
place and assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the squad now
in order to know how best and most wisely to use whatever resources are available or new players in the january transfer window?

Spot on again.
It would be hoped that the Board had "spoken" to a few possible candidates prior to sacking Butcher,Surely we do not want again to go through the fiasco of this time last year.
 

The New Manager Thread

In todays Chronny Dyke says Scott is "bound to have 3 or 4 games as it is unlikely we will make an appointment over Xmas"
 

The New Manager Thread

In todays Chronny Dyke says Scott is "bound to have 3 or 4 games as it is unlikely we will make an appointment over Xmas"

What a fool we have as a chairman, running a football club stops for christmas? & why is he talking to a newspaper and not the bfc website i.e. THE FANS 1st
 
Last edited:

The New Manager Thread

Wouldn't it be nice to know what activity has occured so far? Who's reviewing the "hundreds of applications", who is charged with leading the process (is it the new CEO? - he's out of the country isn't he), has anyone been seen, have they got a shortlist regardless of who applied.

I'm sick of all this non-commuinciation sh*t and I can think of no other club in our position that would not have made a single statement to the fans a week after a manager leaves.

Sorry but the board need to a take a long hard look at how they engage their customers because quite frankly, it is appalling and our supposed media-savvy chairman seems to consistently forget the basics of his learning when it comes to Brentford FC.


Agreed

I am worried about the 'let it drift' for a few games sentiment - in fairness the win at Wrexham has bought us a bit of space, bit if we were to lose the next two we could really be in an iffy position

I would not be surprised if the board hope Scott does well in the next three / four games and if so he will be appointed
 

The New Manager Thread

Agreed

I am worried about the 'let it drift' for a few games sentiment - in fairness the win at Wrexham has bought us a bit of space, bit if we were to lose the next two we could really be in an iffy position

I would not be surprised if the board hope Scott does well in the next three / four games and if so he will be appointed

Because it is a cheap option!
Bees United is a joke, Does no one see where this club is heading with the bunch of clowns we have in charge.
Bees United couldn't run a piss up in a brewery:confused:
 

The New Manager Thread

Does no one see where this club is heading with the bunch of clowns we have in charge.

Lionel Road, hopefully

south coast bees is a joke, I can't see where he is going....:eek:
 

The New Manager Thread

I just pray Scott does not get the job
 

The New Manager Thread

Lionel Road, hopefully

south coast bees is a joke, I can't see where he is going....:eek:
I as a Bees united/Season Ticket/Lifeline Member expect the Club to talk to us via the OS,not the press.
Even league 1 football seems beyond us with the board/bees united unwilling to employ a proven manager but to give a trainee time to play.
Terry Butcher left a over a week ago but still no word from anyone on the OS.
I really don't feel part of this club any more,perhaps you don't care about that but it makes me so sad to see this great club pulled further down.
 

The New Manager Thread

In the short term Martin Allen is the only man for the job. He will be able to keep us us to ensure we don't go down the pan like last year.
One win at Wrexham who would lose against a Ryman team at the moment does not change the fact that we have the poorest sqaud we have had in living memory. A motivator like Allen would get the best out of them, put the club back on a positive footing.
It will be nice to play at a spanking new Lionel Road ground, but not against the likes of Yeading/Hayes, which is what will happen again if we continue with the farcical post Allen managerial appointments.
 

The New Manager Thread

Quote from Greg Dyke in the Chronicle "... he (Scott) is bound to have 3 or 4 games to show us what he can do as it is highly unlikely that we will make an appointment over Christmas." Also said we had had "hundreds of applications so far."

Wtf doesn't anything go on the OS (or even the thing I pay my hard earned money for). Wtf do we have to find out information through the media. :banghead:

Les, what would your reaction be to an update on the O/S that said what you've posted from the Chronnie? I think that I could have told them that - it is almost zero information. It sounds like the journo just rang GD and was politely brushed off. While I'm as impatient as the next man, I'm quite happy to wait until there is real information before reading something 'content free' on the O/S.
 

The New Manager Thread

Les, what would your reaction be to an update on the O/S that said what you've posted from the Chronnie? I think that I could have told them that - it is almost zero information. It sounds like the journo just rang GD and was politely brushed off. While I'm as impatient as the next man, I'm quite happy to wait until there is real information before reading something 'content free' on the O/S.

I'd rather read what I read today on the OS than nothing at all. I don't think it's beyond the wit of man to put out a reasonable statement (or two) given the position we're in. Martin Allen I recall was a master at producing copy whilst saying very little.
 

The New Manager Thread

Lionel Road, hopefully

south coast bees is a joke, I can't see where he is going....:eek:

To my eyes, South Coast Bees can see the wood from the trees and is far from a joke.

Kudos to BU for getting as far as they have with Lionel Road (a new stadium being the happily ever after, as fans of Oxford, Huddersfield and Darlington will testify :rolleyes:), but if anyone has any faith in the on-pitch operations at the club, I would want to know why.

Don't expect any announcements about the new manager for the next six weeks, while Partridge and co are doing their stuff on the pitch for Scotty. Instead just enjoy the benefits of a supporters' run club for the supporters. Great here, innit.
 

The New Manager Thread

I think most supporters understand how difficult a situation like this can be. There is obviously alot that cannot be disclosed and that is understood, nobody expects detailed updates. This means it is even more important though to manage expectations. We are a club in turmoil with an extremely unhappy fanbase, yes some good things are happening, but the fans have been voting with their feet.

We need to be communicating through all channells to try and keep people on side and lure some back. It may seem obvious but an update vague on specifics but with a clear focused message would be effective and keep the masses happier, but I dont suggest everyone for 1 second ;)

Like it or not AS has chance to win himself a job, otherwise this should have been clearly stated by now. Anyone applying would have assumed this the moment he was put in temporary charge, so it wont make any difference to them. Not saying these simple things though I feel does more damage to the club and ultimately leads to unnecessary questions and suggestions from fans.
 

The New Manager Thread

Les, what would your reaction be to an update on the O/S that said what you've posted from the Chronnie? I think that I could have told them that - it is almost zero information. It sounds like the journo just rang GD and was politely brushed off.

Err, considering people were debating on other threads whether or not there would be an appointment before Christmas, I would have thought the chairman confirming there would not be was quite a nugget of news actually...but then again I'm biased. ;)
 

The New Manager Thread

Keith Dickens had to quit in order to be available for his managerial crash course :fishing:
 

The New Manager Thread

Agreed

I am worried about the 'let it drift' for a few games sentiment - in fairness the win at Wrexham has bought us a bit of space, bit if we were to lose the next two we could really be in an iffy position

I would not be surprised if the board hope Scott does well in the next three / four games and if so he will be appointed



I agree with you 100% DB.
Perhaps another 7-0 drubbing tomorrow against the Dongs will bring Dyke to his senses
 

The New Manager Thread

I'd rather read what I read today on the OS than nothing at all. I don't think it's beyond the wit of man to put out a reasonable statement (or two) given the position we're in. Martin Allen I recall was a master at producing copy whilst saying very little.


Like most of your posts LB, this one is onceagain spot on. I pay in the region of £40 a year for the privilege of BeesWorld extra as due to ill health I cant attend games these days. All we are getting from the OS these days is newsflashes as to who won last weeks raffle.
 

The New Manager Thread

Err, considering people were debating on other threads whether or not there would be an appointment before Christmas, I would have thought the chairman confirming there would not be was quite a nugget of news actually...but then again I'm biased. ;)

I appreciate your position but, with respect, it was hardly a scoop! My spin was that, given the proximity of Christmas, that the CEO is distracted and that there does seem to be some unemployment in the Manager fraternity, there was never going to be a speedy appointment. Whoever gets the job, there'll be 100 posts here in the first few days knocking the poor sod and connecting him to various board members, anyway. I'll be the very first to say (unless someone has beaten me to it): "[new manager]* OUT"! ;)

* insert name here
 

The New Manager Thread

Wouldn't it be nice to know what activity has occured so far? Who's reviewing the "hundreds of applications", who is charged with leading the process (is it the new CEO? - he's out of the country isn't he), has anyone been seen, have they got a shortlist regardless of who applied.

I'm sick of all this non-commuinciation sh*t and I can think of no other club in our position that would not have made a single statement to the fans a week after a manager leaves.

Sorry but the board need to a take a long hard look at how they engage their customers because quite frankly, it is appalling and our supposed media-savvy chairman seems to consistently forget the basics of his learning when it comes to Brentford FC.

:imwith:

This is a totally ridiculous situation. The Chairman cannot keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds every time a local paper rings him up and yet still not even a holding announcement on the OS.

The club treats the supporters as mugs and to be honest that is exactly what we are for putting up with this sh*t.

I'm a bit surprised that abee hasn't banged a few heads together about this bizarre non-communications policy.

Not a good start for the new CEO IMHO
 

The New Manager Thread

We should be used to the board keeping things from us........the D J Campbell deal was on the Birmingham website for an hour before anyone realized he'd gone.
 

The New Manager Thread

I'm a bit surprised that abee hasn't banged a few heads together about this bizarre non-communications policy.

Maybe he has, but its not newsworthy :D

I had to laugh today when I saw John Collins had resigned at Hibs and my work colleague asked if it was because he was going to be the Brentford boss
 

The New Manager Thread

can we add Keith Millen to the list of possibles or will he be earning too much at Brizzle City to tempt him away?
 

The New Manager Thread

:nono: :nono: Illogical Mark....not your usual style ?

I'm afraid deep resentments overshadow common sense....

Being a fully paid up member of the Still hate Birmingham City Club my thoughts on this man are not very fair...

However if he joined us and did well I still reserve the right to respect him whilst retaining a deep hatred for that Midlands scum... :)
 

The New Manager Thread

Would be nice to get some info on the following. I know anyone in the running must be highly confidential, but some info on the OS wouldn't go amiss.

!...When does interveiwing start
2...Who is doing the interveiwing
3...How many candidates ( If any ) have applied so far
4...Is an appointment going to be made this side of Xmas or not
5... are the opinions of the gpg going to be taken into consideration

etc etc etc

1 Xmas Day
2 Graham Norton
3 Hundreds (according to GD)
4 No
5 Only the Mods

:wave:
 

The New Manager Thread

:imwith:

This is a totally ridiculous situation. The Chairman cannot keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds every time a local paper rings him up and yet still not even a holding announcement on the OS.

The club treats the supporters as mugs and to be honest that is exactly what we are for putting up with this sh*t.

I'm a bit surprised that abee hasn't banged a few heads together about this bizarre non-communications policy.

Not a good start for the new CEO IMHO

Oh I don't know. 3 weeks in France before you start the road to recovery!;)
 

The New Manager Thread

I appreciate your position but, with respect, it was hardly a scoop! My spin was that, given the proximity of Christmas, that the CEO is distracted and that there does seem to be some unemployment in the Manager fraternity, there was never going to be a speedy appointment. Whoever gets the job, there'll be 100 posts here in the first few days knocking the poor sod and connecting him to various board members, anyway. I'll be the very first to say (unless someone has beaten me to it): "[new manager]* OUT"! ;)

* insert name here

Did me best in the circumstances squire (doths cap). Penny for Christmas?

I'm just glad we didn't have a Patterson-sytle f**k up on the week we go to press early like this time last year. :(

I can see people's point for wanting to read news on the official site first if you've forked out good cash for it, but you can hardly blame the local press for trying to do therir jobs either. If it was the other way around, would it be a case of 'why haven't the locals got any news on this? what are they doing, sitting around scratching their arses?'
 

The New Manager Thread

can we add Keith Millen to the list of possibles or will he be earning too much at Brizzle City to tempt him away?

He was in temporary charge when Tinnion was sacked wasn't he. Can't remember how well he did or didn't do, but they beat us at Griffin Park in his first game in charge if I recall.
 

The New Manager Thread

They've obviously been talking to sources close to NB!



I for one hope you are right. Daish has been my choice since TB was appointed. I believe NB wants him too, so that makes 2 of us for Daish.
 

The New Manager Thread

:imwith:

This is a totally ridiculous situation. The Chairman cannot keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds every time a local paper rings him up and yet still not even a holding announcement on the OS.

The club treats the supporters as mugs and to be honest that is exactly what we are for putting up with this sh*t.

I'm a bit surprised that abee hasn't banged a few heads together about this bizarre non-communications policy.

Not a good start for the new CEO IMHO

C'mon guys give us a break for the festive season.

The Team Manager left by "mutual consent" and his assistant was placed in temporary charge of team affairs. Nothing revolutionary there. The CEO resigned and wanted to leave immediately and we have David Heath stepping up and offering to put on hold his new venture and work for BFC as Acting CEO through the end of the season without remuneration. I also have committed to spending as much time as it takes at Griffin Park supporting David. David is in south of France and returns January 3. There is a BFC board meeting January 4. David won't thank me for saying this but I will anyway in that he and I are in daily touch and he offered to break his holiday and return back immediately if the situation justified it. I said it didn't and for him to finish his break and come back refreshed. In the meantime the BFC staff have lost their CEO at virtually zero notice with his replacement out of the country and they have to prepare for two homes games in quick succession at a particularly busy time of the year. Their email systems have been down for several days and certainly in my case I was phoned this morning to say that an important email had not surfaced following the system being fixed and could I resend it which suggests that perhaps others may have got lost whilst the system was down.

I suppose that I could draft something for the official site and circulate to the board for approval but it would just tell you what you already know and what my pet cat could have figured out. I thought that I had more important stuff to do frankly and it's a question of priorities.
 

The New Manager Thread

C'mon guys give us a break for the festive season.

The Team Manager left by "mutual consent" and his assistant was placed in temporary charge of team affairs. Nothing revolutionary there. The CEO resigned and wanted to leave immediately and we have David Heath stepping up and offering to put on hold his new venture and work for BFC as Acting CEO through the end of the season without remuneration. I also have committed to spending as much time as it takes at Griffin Park supporting David. David is in south of France and returns January 3. There is a BFC board meeting January 4. David won't thank me for saying this but I will anyway in that he and I are in daily touch and he offered to break his holiday and return back immediately if the situation justified it. I said it didn't and for him to finish his break and come back refreshed. In the meantime the BFC staff have lost their CEO at virtually zero notice with his replacement out of the country and they have to prepare for two homes games in quick succession at a particularly busy time of the year. Their email systems have been down for several days and certainly in my case I was phoned this morning to say that an important email had not surfaced following the system being fixed and could I resend it which suggests that perhaps others have got lost whilst the system was down.

I suppose that I could draft something for the official site and circulate to the board for approval but it would just tell you what you already know and what my pet cat could have figured out. I thought that I had more important stuff to do frankly and it's a question of priorities.

Now that it's been in the press, and given the length of time, there is no point now. Personally, I think there was a window probably at the start of the week (was there a board meeting on Monday?) when something should have gone out.
 

The New Manager Thread

Now that it's been in the press, and given the length of time, there is no point now. Personally, I think there was a window probably at the start of the week (was there a board meeting on Monday?) when something should have gone out.

Noted Andy but there was at that time very sound reasons why we couldn't.
 

The New Manager Thread

:imwith:

This is a totally ridiculous situation. The Chairman cannot keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds every time a local paper rings him up and yet still not even a holding announcement on the OS.

The club treats the supporters as mugs and to be honest that is exactly what we are for putting up with this sh*t.

I'm a bit surprised that abee hasn't banged a few heads together about this bizarre non-communications policy.

Not a good start for the new CEO IMHO



Ferkin' ell. Is this kind of post for real? Well, let's promote a blame culture eh? I still believe that if the club was to go tits up, the fans will have played a big part of it, because the constant blame culture, much of it needless, is holding the club back. We have more "Brentford" people on the board than ever, including the one/two people that anyone might have come to trust over the last 5 years, yet people are still moaning.
It is precisely for this reason that I gave up on Brentford, other than to watch football.
Well, I do hope that the fans continue to blame everyone and anyone at every opportune moment. I can see how positive and constructive it is, and before anyone says it, please try not to be so pedantic to think that we cannot moan about things, but it seems that it is every day and every week that someone has something new to moan about and cares to tell the whole frickin' world about it. Well, bravo all you moaners, I can see what it achieves.....a blame culture. Yeah, really positive. :sorted:

Merry effin' Christmas you moaners. Soon we'll get rid of everyone on the board and we can all run the club like Ebbsfleet. :sorted:
 

The New Manager Thread

Neil Lennon - still wants to play but keen to get into management. :shrug:
 

The New Manager Thread

Merry effin' Christmas you moaners. Soon we'll get rid of everyone on the board and we can all run the club like Ebbsfleet. :sorted:



.....................does that mean we'll get Liam Daish as our manager............?:fishing: lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom