Thomas Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Frank

Re your last point, i'd say TF is hamstring to a degree.
Ollie is completely out of sorts but his discipline is much better than Said's, whose silly fouls in nothing situations have cost us dear recently.
Sawyers has nobody challenging his position and IMO is at his best when he has.
Would like Moses to have a run at RB as Henrik's been ordinary lately (probably needs a rest).
Da Silva hopefully will sort the midfield out but no idea how good he is. Just excited to see what he can bring to the party having been given a 5 year deal. Could transform us, who knows

Out of interest, who do you think seriously challenged Sawyers for his place in the last couple of seasons?
 

Thomas Frank

I mentioned Sawyers as just one part of an overall discussion of our side with the content hardly any different to what you just posted.
However, every time, one of the usual suspects just picks out the bit about Sawyers and turns it into some load of twaddle purely about him (even though many of you seem to have a viewpoint that's very little different!)
We can't have a truce when that's all they do. You're as much as a culprit, and dog with a bone, based on your comments.
If I reacted to your post, the same way they do to my posts, I would have simply replied to your post with something like "you're talking rubbish you hate Sawyers anyway".
This is why the merits or otherwise of Sawyers end up taking over every thread.

So, how about your posts avoid any opinions on Sawyers as it’s a given how you feel and I won’t need to pick you up on it? Deal?
 

Thomas Frank

This coming week will be the first time Frank has been able to have all his players together for a substantial amount of time before a game. Hopefully that will give him a chance to work on a few things prior to the Millwall game. I don't think we're that far off and Preston was a bit of an aberration.
 

Thomas Frank

This coming week will be the first time Frank has been able to have all his players together for a substantial amount of time before a game. Hopefully that will give him a chance to work on a few things prior to the Millwall game. I don't think we're that far off and Preston was a bit of an aberration.

:imwith:
 

Thomas Frank

This coming week will be the first time Frank has been able to have all his players together for a substantial amount of time before a game. Hopefully that will give him a chance to work on a few things prior to the Millwall game. I don't think we're that far off and Preston was a bit of an aberration.

... and even in that game there were some positives!
 

Thomas Frank

Bristol City are crap, Preston - crap, Norwich - mediocre crap at best - TF got ZERO points from those matches. He is not the man for the job, that much is obvious. You can give him all the time in the world, but it will not work out. My opinion, of course.
 

Thomas Frank

Bristol City are crap, Preston - crap, Norwich - mediocre crap at best - TF got ZERO points from those matches. He is not the man for the job, that much is obvious. You can give him all the time in the world, but it will not work out. My opinion, of course.

Alex Ferguson was apparently one match away from not being the man for Manchester United all those years ago. I think we need to give TF a bit more time and thankfully the owner is in a better position to assess his ability to do the job than you.
 

Thomas Frank

Bristol City are crap, Preston - crap, Norwich - mediocre crap at best - TF got ZERO points from those matches. He is not the man for the job, that much is obvious. You can give him all the time in the world, but it will not work out. My opinion, of course.

I think you have to bear in mind that we were on a significant dip in form prior to the Bristol game and that nobody could have foreseen Mepham getting sent us, which arguably cost us not only that game but the Preston game as well. Pity that Jeanvier was not available. I wasn't impressed by Frank's decision to bring Bentley back in so quickly, and I can't understand why Watkins is not only undroppable but also 'unsubstitutable'. Nevertheless, TF needs to be given more time before we start passing judgement.
 

Thomas Frank

Bristol City are crap, Preston - crap, Norwich - mediocre crap at best - TF got ZERO points from those matches. He is not the man for the job, that much is obvious. You can give him all the time in the world, but it will not work out. My opinion, of course.

Think you are welcome to your opinion, however whilst we were not good I would suggest that until the sending off we were the team most likely to get a result against Bristol. We have now played away at 2 teams which have suddenly run into form. By all accounts aberrations cost us dearly against Preston and we played fairly well yesterday.

The league is daft, a few wins and clubs shoot up the league, see QPR, whereas a few defeats and clubs drop like a stone.

We were on a bad run when Smith left and things have not improved, however to write him off after just 3 games is simply ludicrous.
 

Thomas Frank

Think you are welcome to your opinion, however whilst we were not good I would suggest that until the sending off we were the team most likely to get a result against Bristol. We have now played away at 2 teams which have suddenly run into form. By all accounts aberrations cost us dearly against Preston and we played fairly well yesterday.

The league is daft, a few wins and clubs shoot up the league, see QPR, whereas a few defeats and clubs drop like a stone.

We were on a bad run when Smith left and things have not improved, however to write him off after just 3 games is simply ludicrous.

I actually wrote him off after Bristol City match, but refrained from voicing my opinion knowing full well just how claustrophobic this forum is.

Preston haven't suddenly hit any form, they just drew against Rotherham at home. Glad you mentioned QPR, because it shows how important it is to have a experienced manager at this level. Birmingham are another example. TF haven't manged game of football outside Denmark and it shows.


I will be very happy if proven wrong, but I have been watching football for a very long time and learned to trust my own eyes.
 

Thomas Frank

I actually wrote him off after Bristol City match, but refrained from voicing my opinion knowing full well just how claustrophobic this forum is.

Preston haven't suddenly hit any form, they just drew against Rotherham at home. Glad you mentioned QPR, because it shows how important it is to have a experienced manager at this level. Birmingham are another example. TF haven't manged game of football outside Denmark and it shows.


I will be very happy if proven wrong, but I have been watching football for a very long time and learned to trust my own eyes.

Fair play, you may be proved correct however I have also been watching for a long time, over 60 years, and don’t necessarily agree, McLaren st QPR has suddenly got a song out of his team but, as an experienced manager, has more failures than success.

I like the “ cut of his jib” he understands both our strengths and weaknesses, the players are seemingly fully behind him, he just needs a little luck to run his way and a fully fit squad to pick from, at that point it will be fine to judge him.

As a final point Smith had bags of experience but it didn’t prevent us having bad runs under his stewardship, in fact our existing poor run started whilst he was in charge.

Will be interesting to look back in a few months and if your assessment is correct I will be the first to apologise ???
 

Thomas Frank

I actually wrote him off after Bristol City match, but refrained from voicing my opinion knowing full well just how claustrophobic this forum is.

Preston haven't suddenly hit any form, they just drew against Rotherham at home. Glad you mentioned QPR, because it shows how important it is to have a experienced manager at this level. Birmingham are another example. TF haven't manged game of football outside Denmark and it shows.


I will be very happy if proven wrong, but I have been watching football for a very long time and learned to trust my own eyes.

How disappointing that we didn’t try and poach Steve McClaren from QPR!! lol
 

Thomas Frank

We need to go back to basics and start trying to keep clean sheets... Not had enough of these this season
 

Thomas Frank

So, how about your posts avoid any opinions on Sawyers as it’s a given how you feel and I won’t need to pick you up on it? Deal?

No that's just silly.
How about you simply just stop picking out every bit about Sawyers and turning it into an argument.
I'm not going bow to your browbeating and not mention Sawyers, who's in a key position in our team, and one of a number of reasons we've not been doing well, simply because you and a few others throw a tantrum if I say he's anything less than Lionel Messi.
He's not been good enough this year and most fans know it. It's only on this board he has band of people going OTT at the slightest mention of his name.
At GP I rarely find there's anyone who's thought he's been playing well this year (in fact nobody if you ignore the first game or two).
 

Thomas Frank

No that's just silly.
How about you simply just stop picking out every bit about Sawyers and turning it into an argument.
I'm not going bow to your browbeating and not mention Sawyers, who's in a key position in our team, and one of a number of reasons we've not been doing well, simply because you and a few others throw a tantrum if I say he's anything less than Lionel Messi.
He's not been good enough this year and most fans know it. It's only on this board he has band of people going OTT at the slightest mention of his name.
At GP I rarely find there's anyone who's thought he's been playing well this year (in fact nobody if you ignore the first game or two).

You have my word I won’t pick you up on it again as you are unable to concede your obsession on getting your point across even on unrelated threads.
I’ve no doubt you will want the last word as always so crack on but you won’t get a reply so you win.
 

Thomas Frank

Out of interest, who do you think seriously challenged Sawyers for his place in the last couple of seasons?

Didn`t his form take a big upturn after Marcondes` arrival?
 

Thomas Frank

What a tough start for him. Haven’t really deserved to lose any of the three games in charge. Just sloppy errors and needing a bit of luck.

Hope the players come good. Some I will question their position in the team at the moment.

People say give him 10 games but what happens if we lose our next 5 games. Do we pull the trigger. 3 home games in November so hopefully this becomes an irrelevant conversation

Look back at our record January - March 2016. The trigger won’t be pulled unless there’s something suddenly very bad happening on the training pitches and behind the scenes, different to what the club expected after seeing TF working with us for 2 years.
 

Thomas Frank

You have my word I won’t pick you up on it again as you are unable to concede your obsession on getting your point across even on unrelated threads.
I’ve no doubt you will want the last word as always so crack on but you won’t get a reply so you win.

We’ll get on fine then. I think he’s underproducing this ear compared to last it’s as simple as that - if you don’t that’s fine too. We both know where we stand ;)
 

Thomas Frank

Bristol City are crap, Preston - crap, Norwich - mediocre crap at best - TF got ZERO points from those matches. He is not the man for the job, that much is obvious. You can give him all the time in the world, but it will not work out. My opinion, of course.

Sigh.

He is the man for the job and all the Moaners will eat their words by Xmas.
 

Thomas Frank

Look back at our record January - March 2016. The trigger won’t be pulled unless there’s something suddenly very bad happening on the training pitches and behind the scenes, different to what the club expected after seeing TF working with us for 2 years.

Spot on.
 

Thomas Frank

Bristol City are crap, Preston - crap, Norwich - mediocre crap at best - TF got ZERO points from those matches. He is not the man for the job, that much is obvious. You can give him all the time in the world, but it will not work out. My opinion, of course.

Do you seriously think DS would have done much differently to TF?

The continuation has been totally seamless and I reckon if you'd not been told there was a managerial change you'd have never noticed in the way were we playing!

Norwich away was never going to be an easy fixture - they'd been in a good run - and any team in the league would have not been fancying that trip.
Before that we had a makeshift defence against Preston because of Mepham's suspension and we also got very unlucky with two massive deflections.
Bristol wasn't great and a missed opportunity when we persisted with MacLeod and Sawyers together, but even then probably still could have got something from the game with better finishing, had ten men for half the game, and were up against a cretinous ref.

It's not like TF has taken over and suddenly made us rubbish. We have the same issues as before he took over and had a bit of bad luck on top.
 

Thomas Frank

Preston was bad. You just can't concede 4 and expect anything. However in the land of fine margins our finishing has let us down again. Bristol should have been over by half time and maybe we should have had a point yesterday. Not sure what Frank can do about it as we fish in a small pond.IMO his main challenge is to find the correct mid lineup but I'm sure he knows that.
 

Thomas Frank

I really hope Frank wishes to address the striking option come Jan. Maupay is great and can not argue with his record at present but I do feel a plan B Would be great and NO Watkins is not that nor Sawyers in a false 9. I know we are looking for what of course everyone else wants and Jan is an inflated market but I do hope we can bring someone in to help as we are so light IMO.
 

Thomas Frank

I really hope Frank wishes to address the striking option come Jan. Maupay is great and can not argue with his record at present but I do feel a plan B Would be great and NO Watkins is not that nor Sawyers in a false 9. I know we are looking for what of course everyone else wants and Jan is an inflated market but I do hope we can bring someone in to help as we are so light IMO.

Unless we are really looking like promotion candidates I can’t see the club shopping in an inflated market for a ready made forward, just think of the costs of Hogan etc, as the transfer/wages would play havoc with our wage bill. Unfortunately I think both you and Magic won’t get your Xmas wish!!!!!
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas Frank

I've got the map book out already for the trips to Clubs in League 1 and 2. :cool:

....just like the rest of us....i'm fairly certain you've been to most of those grounds before....map not required.
 

Thomas Frank

Never liked this championship lark anyways...
 

Thomas Frank

Didn`t his form take a big upturn after Marcondes` arrival?

Probably. Posters are losing track of the statement that we try and sign players up to 2 windows ahead, ie Messrs Mokotjo, Marcondes, Jeanvier and Da Silva are already here and ready(ish) to step up. TF also likes Forss (specifically mentioned in I/V).

An alternative scenario. The Annual Conspiracy theory:- Smith got the hump and left after being told to have a ropey Oct & Nov. Frank has been told to start off quietly, and then wind it up to full bore come Jan 31. Similarly, Maupay has been instructed to stop scoring so many, as he was embarassing the rest of the EFL. (One way to explain saturday's miss.) Jeanvier was supposed to be alternating with Mepham by now, who was to be successively suspended, injured and then out of form for the next 3 months. So far, he's struggled to master any of these tasks. Watkins has agreed that his next contract will not stipulate that he's undroppable and unsubstitutable.....
 

Thomas Frank

Another loss and we are a Club in crisis

....mabye a tad OTT mate....but i hereby serve notice that a Harbinger of Doom v Eternal Optimist thread will be starting early saturday evening..should we lose to those Bermondsey 'bad boys' from down the river.
 

Thomas Frank

All quiet from Rodders. Is he a troll?
 

Thomas Frank

All quiet from Rodders. Is he a troll?

Don't think so but his post history suggests he's not exactly a regular down at old GP!
I can't recall the last game I saw at GP , the last Brentford game I saw was the win over Cambridge Utd to be promoted in the Noades era.. Unlikely I will ever go GP again although I might make an effort whist games are played in the light and if I could park and pay at the gate
 

Thomas Frank

After TF's difficult start I was wondering how his results compare with others who have had a poor start MD didn't win for 9 matches I think, but got 4 draws?
Best start I would think was Martin Allen?
 

Thomas Frank

After TF's difficult start I was wondering how his results compare with others who have had a poor start MD didn't win for 9 matches I think, but got 4 draws?
Best start I would think was Martin Allen?

Carsley started with two losses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom