............ Steve Claridge still hasn't got a club...lol
Let's hope he doesn't come back to our club!
i think that because of the small squad,the young players like charles,osbourne and mousinho will get chances to play and improve and will turn into very good players...so every cloud ..etc
Oh god, remember when he played we lost every game didnt we?? :sad:
I would be amazed if anyone came in, but we can all dream about a tall, strong, mobile loanee targetman who could hold the ball up, bring Kuffour into the game, defend at set pieces, take a mean free kick and also score at least 20 goals - and all this with 100% of his salary being paid by his own club.
Any suggestions anybody.......
Ive heard a rumour that a Chinise/Oirish player maybe coming in,Paddy Fields ,but I cant find any info on him :sad:
There definitately won't be any incoming deals tomorrow, but I still have a nagging feeling there is going to be a repeat of the January window when we lost someone (DJ) right at the death!
Not at all...I know nothing!!![]()
I get just as frustrated by those typeof posts and I wasn't inferring that I have any "inside" information at all - just a horribel feeling that a last minute bid for one of our players may be a possibility, that's all.
i suppose we can hope that one of our transfer listed strikers might move on but i doubt it!
we need a goalscorer, a midfielder and a cntre back to challenge
after today it'll have to be a loan from the championship...
There definitately won't be any incoming deals tomorrow, but I still have a nagging feeling there is going to be a repeat of the January window when we lost someone (DJ) right at the death!
It sticks in the throat to say it, but congratulations to Fulham for maximising the value of Malbranque.
They managed to get a transfer fee for a player who it seems was aiming to quietly see out the remainder of his contract & move on for free until Fulham started to play hardball.
I would be amazed if anyone came in, but we can all dream about a tall, strong, mobile loanee targetman who could hold the ball up, bring Kuffour into the game, defend at set pieces, take a mean free kick and also score at least 20 goals - and all this with 100% of his salary being paid by his own club.
Any suggestions anybody.......
We have no money and eight times nothing is still nothing. I've no idea where you've plucked this figure from, but the playing budget has been spent. Every penny of it. There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.Neil Shipperley ... We could propbably pick up about a eighth of his salary
We have no money and eight times nothing is still nothing. I've no idea where you've plucked this figure from, but the playing budget has been spent. Every penny of it. There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.
There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.

Ben Burgess has gone to Blackpool for £25k according to the BBC
Yes, it's shame he didn't come our way at the start fo the season but he probably doesn't have to move house by going to Blackpool.

Some people never learn, we're skint. Where would we get 25k from?![]()
Ben Burgess has gone to Blackpool for £25k according to the BBC
I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs.![]()
For no fee?

The fee would have been part of the wage budget allocated to Leroy. Burgess could have been the Coca-Cola kid instead of Moore.![]()
I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs.![]()

I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs.![]()
How utterly depressing reading this thread is![]()
Why :scratch:
How utterly depressing reading this thread is![]()
It sticks in the throat to say it, but congratulations to Fulham for maximising the value of Malbranque.
They managed to get a transfer fee for a player who it seems was aiming to quietly see out the remainder of his contract & move on for free until Fulham started to play hardball.

So he could play Burgess as Centre back then Mark.....![]()