Transfer Deadline

jharvey85

Active member
Joined
20 Jul 2006
Messages
3,746
Reaction score
3
Location
Peckham

Transfer Deadline

Any action around Griffin Park before the transfer window shuts tomorrow?:confused:

Loans? A target man? Steve Claridge still hasn't got a club...:idea: lol
 

Transfer Deadline

The promise of a target man, plus another mid field player was the usual load of nonsense spouted by the club, in an effort to keep the fans happy.

If the budget is gone we will just have to struggle our way through the season. Hopefully the good luck enjoyed during the first six matches won't desert us. If does it could be an awfully long and desperate season.
 

Transfer Deadline

i think that because of the small squad,the young players like charles,osbourne and mousinho will get chances to play and improve and will turn into very good players...so every cloud ..etc
 

Transfer Deadline

i think that because of the small squad,the young players like charles,osbourne and mousinho will get chances to play and improve and will turn into very good players...so every cloud ..etc

Hope you're right. Certainly they're likely to see more action than LR might have necessarily intended at season's start.
 

Transfer Deadline

we need a goalscorer, a midfielder and a cntre back to challenge
 

Transfer Deadline

We can sign players on loan after this date so I don't see a big rush today.
 

Transfer Deadline

Oh god, remember when he played we lost every game didnt we?? :sad:

I remember his debut, he couldn't pass nor head the ball, but he was still defender by some Bees fan claiming it was because ''he hadn't had a training session yet.'' :eek:

I think any talk of promotion is hopeful, we have a five year plan. It is all about survival in this, our transition period. I'll be happy with a central midfielder before the window. I don't expect any arrivals as the budget has been reached. Here's hoping for a good cup run... :sorted:
 
Last edited:

Transfer Deadline

I would be amazed if anyone came in, but we can all dream about a tall, strong, mobile loanee targetman who could hold the ball up, bring Kuffour into the game, defend at set pieces, take a mean free kick and also score at least 20 goals - and all this with 100% of his salary being paid by his own club.

Any suggestions anybody.......
 

Transfer Deadline

I would be amazed if anyone came in, but we can all dream about a tall, strong, mobile loanee targetman who could hold the ball up, bring Kuffour into the game, defend at set pieces, take a mean free kick and also score at least 20 goals - and all this with 100% of his salary being paid by his own club.

Any suggestions anybody.......

Maybe a chinese loan a way ( or should that be take away ) from our illustrious sponsors ? Fertile ground in promoting the club at grass roots level abroad
 

Transfer Deadline

Ive heard a rumour that a Chinise/Oirish player maybe coming in,Paddy Fields ,but I cant find any info on him :sad:
 

Transfer Deadline

There definitately won't be any incoming deals tomorrow, but I still have a nagging feeling there is going to be a repeat of the January window when we lost someone (DJ) right at the death!
 

Transfer Deadline

Ah I see. So you know sumfing we don't know but don't feel you can be specific (that old 'nagging feeling'). I love these posts. :rolleyes:


There definitately won't be any incoming deals tomorrow, but I still have a nagging feeling there is going to be a repeat of the January window when we lost someone (DJ) right at the death!
 

Transfer Deadline

Not at all...I know nothing!! :eek:

I get just as frustrated by those typeof posts and I wasn't inferring that I have any "inside" information at all - just a horribel feeling that a last minute bid for one of our players may be a possibility, that's all.
 

Transfer Deadline

Sorry to jump on you like that, apologies. Might be the gout. ;)


Not at all...I know nothing!! :eek:

I get just as frustrated by those typeof posts and I wasn't inferring that I have any "inside" information at all - just a horribel feeling that a last minute bid for one of our players may be a possibility, that's all.
 

Transfer Deadline

don't panic captain mainwaring... all our unsettled starts have left already! the new intake still have to prove themselves.

i suppose we can hope that one of our transfer listed strikers might move on but i doubt it!
 

Transfer Deadline

not even a free loanee...:sad:

after today it'll have to be a loan from the championship... would that be good enough?
 

Transfer Deadline

we need a goalscorer, a midfielder and a cntre back to challenge

We had a goalscorer in Fitz, goals to minutes ratio he was the best we had, at the beginning of the season.

Altho i do agree we could do with a midfielder, what about Tabby back ona season long loan, afterall he has only warmed the bench so far!!

We can only hope!:rolleyes:
 

Transfer Deadline

There definitately won't be any incoming deals tomorrow, but I still have a nagging feeling there is going to be a repeat of the January window when we lost someone (DJ) right at the death!

may as well close this thread now then
 

Transfer Deadline

It sticks in the throat to say it, but congratulations to Fulham for maximising the value of Malbranque.
They managed to get a transfer fee for a player who it seems was aiming to quietly see out the remainder of his contract & move on for free until Fulham started to play hardball.
 

Transfer Deadline

It sticks in the throat to say it, but congratulations to Fulham for maximising the value of Malbranque.
They managed to get a transfer fee for a player who it seems was aiming to quietly see out the remainder of his contract & move on for free until Fulham started to play hardball.

but you could also say they lost £2m for a player who was on the market for 4.5m not so long ago.
 

Transfer Deadline

I would be amazed if anyone came in, but we can all dream about a tall, strong, mobile loanee targetman who could hold the ball up, bring Kuffour into the game, defend at set pieces, take a mean free kick and also score at least 20 goals - and all this with 100% of his salary being paid by his own club.

Any suggestions anybody.......

Neil Shipperley fits that bill and it would do Sheff United no harm to loan him to us as the alternative is he stays and just does what Fitzgerald is doing at Brentford. We could propbably pick up about a eighth of his salary so it would save SUFC some money but we have got to hope that some Div 1/2 or conference club comes in for Willock and/or Fitzgerald for it to have any merit. :(
He would fit in with the new boys cos he used to spend all his spare time in Kingston Bars and nightclubs as well!!! :nono: ;) lol
 

Transfer Deadline

Neil Shipperley ... We could propbably pick up about a eighth of his salary
We have no money and eight times nothing is still nothing. I've no idea where you've plucked this figure from, but the playing budget has been spent. Every penny of it. There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.
 

Transfer Deadline

We have no money and eight times nothing is still nothing. I've no idea where you've plucked this figure from, but the playing budget has been spent. Every penny of it. There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.

And the Ship is on lots of money.
 

Transfer Deadline

There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.

I've no idea where you've plucked this figure from :scratch:

I'd say its nearer one tenth of one pound that we do not have left :fishing:
 

Transfer Deadline

Ben Burgess

Ben Burgess has gone to Blackpool for £25k according to the BBC
 

Transfer Deadline

Ben Burgess has gone to Blackpool for £25k according to the BBC

Yes, it's shame he didn't come our way at the start of the season but he probably doesn't have to move house by going to Blackpool.
 

Transfer Deadline

Yes, it's shame he didn't come our way at the start fo the season but he probably doesn't have to move house by going to Blackpool.

Some people never learn, we're skint. Where would we get 25k from? :wave:
 

Transfer Deadline

Some people never learn, we're skint. Where would we get 25k from? :wave:

I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs. :)
 

Transfer Deadline

I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs. :)

For no fee?
 

Transfer Deadline

The fee would have been part of the wage budget allocated to Leroy. Burgess could have been the Coca-Cola kid instead of Moore. :wave:

If you think we have a small squad now.....
 

Transfer Deadline

I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs. :)

So he could play Burgess as Centre back then Mark..... :fishing:
 

Transfer Deadline

I know you are fishing but we could have got him in at the start of the season without going over budget. That would have meant no room for expensive centre-backs. :)


but plenty of room for opposition goals :eek:
 

Transfer Deadline

What's wrong with you? Don't you realise how broke we are? We haven't got one fiftieth of a 2p coin and you're talking about going out and getting depressed. When will people wake up to the fact that we can't afford air any more. Or water. Or bathing - that's out, unless you don't want a club to support in the future!

:)

How utterly depressing reading this thread is :(
 

Transfer Deadline

It sticks in the throat to say it, but congratulations to Fulham for maximising the value of Malbranque.
They managed to get a transfer fee for a player who it seems was aiming to quietly see out the remainder of his contract & move on for free until Fulham started to play hardball.

Really....or was it something else?

This week's soccer stallion

Summer is a time for much football transfer
speculation. For one star, the transfer
talk and injury complications have been
something of a smokescreen. The player
fell out with his club when the manager
laughed out loud at the size of his tackle,
Disgruntled, the international was spurred on
to book a penis enlargement operation, but
told interested clubs he just had a bit of a
groin problem. When they found out the truth
most clubs pulled out, but luckily one club
saw the funny side and bought him.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list....8&clid=6&lid=2&title=Tottenham+win+Steed+race
 

Transfer Deadline

Yeah, Yeah so we're broke for f**ks sake change the record.

I hate to say this again but remember the club are looking for 6000 (avg)attendance. At the moment we are punching above our weight but, if the injuries mount,as they are, and the bookings mount, as they are, we'll be in sh*t street and struggle! Then where will we be?

I'm sure with a bit of imagination the club could help LR (unless of course he doesn't need it). It's blindingly obvious where the gaps and that they need filling damn quick.

As usual with BFC they are relying on a wing and a prayer. So get on your f***ing knees you Bees :fishing:
 
Back
Top Bottom