Andy Scott

Should Andy Scott Stay or Go?

  • Yes he should go

    Votes: 136 24.8%
  • No he should definitely stay

    Votes: 167 30.5%
  • Too Early to decide - Needs time to fix it

    Votes: 245 44.7%

  • Total voters
    548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Scott

Not disagreeing with your overall point but I think we only lost once in our last 13 games last season (3-2 away at Swindon who were flying). Drew a fair few but it still took us UP the tabe to ninth.

People keep quoting that we finished 9th last year but the fact is we spent a lot of the season hovering just above the relegation zone & played some dire crap at times eg wycome, exeter, gateshead away
 

Andy Scott

What has stunned me is that 2 or 3 of us said after Friday that enough is enough, I/we were bullied by all, we then lose to a top of the table side and it seems that 90% want him gone.:confused:
 

Andy Scott

we got 4 league games before the brum game 3 of them at home and all difficult games, with the results were getting i can see him being kept on untill the cup game out of respect win or lose for current efforts and past rewards and then it will be :wave: sadly if at least 8 points are not collected from 12!
Right on mate,we have a chance to play catchup, please get behind the team.
 

Andy Scott

People keep quoting that we finished 9th last year but the fact is we spent a lot of the season hovering just above the relegation zone & played some dire crap at times eg wycome, exeter, gateshead away


We only finished 9th due to the number of certain goals Chesney saved, we were never 9th place team just like we're not a bottom 4 team now :rolleyes:lol
 

Andy Scott

We only finished 9th due to the number of certain goals Chesney saved, we were never 9th place team just like we're not a bottom 4 team now :rolleyes:lol

Sadly this is true, Chesney made a brilliant save every game with about 8 minutes to go or so it seemed.
 

Andy Scott

What has stunned me is that 2 or 3 of us said after Friday that enough is enough, I/we were bullied by all, we then lose to a top of the table side and it seems that 90% want him gone.:confused:

think people were hanging onto the 'we always play better against the top teams' theory............wrong

We are like a bloody English eurovision entry.....0 points.
 

Andy Scott

I would personally give him until Christimas. Unfortunately every manager goes through a bad spell. Yes it is horrible for us the fans but I believe it will get better. We are relying too heavily on certain players but the two cup runs we are on aren't to be underestimated.
 

Andy Scott

the next manager needs to be someone unconnected to us
we need someone to rid us off this in built culture of hoof ball and huff n puff crap
i want to see football
 

Andy Scott

What has stunned me is that 2 or 3 of us said after Friday that enough is enough, I/we were bullied by all, we then lose to a top of the table side and it seems that 90% want him gone.:confused:

I think that is a natural reaction, ie, the longer this run goes on there will be more of us asking for him to go. Not sure if it stands at 90% but my guess is if its not at the moment, within 3-4 weeks it could be, if we are unable to turn results around, or more importantly imo show no signs of improvement, ie playing better/scoring some/more goals. My real concern is that although I am in the pro Scott camp I fully understand that he may in time may need to make way for the good of the club, but I genuinly cannot identify anyone out there (not in contract), who I would want, and more importantly who I have confidence in to do a better job.
 

Andy Scott

I dont get Scott.
He says each week about defending....nothing about scoring!
Are we trying to draw each game 0 - 0 ?
Its about scoring goals!

It seems as every match home / away we are playing to keep the other team out! That seems to be the only priority
 

Andy Scott

I think that is a natural reaction, ie, the longer this run goes on there will be more of us asking for him to go. Not sure if it stands at 90% but my guess is if its not at the moment, within 3-4 weeks it could be, if we are unable to turn results around, or more importantly imo show no signs of improvement, ie playing better/scoring some/more goals. My real concern is that although I am in the pro Scott camp I fully understand that he may in time may need to make way for the good of the club, but I genuinly cannot identify anyone out there (not in contract), who I would want, and more importantly who I have confidence in to do a better job.

Give me one good reason why Alan Pardew could not come in tomorrow and pull off the same feat as he achieved last season at Southampton?
 

Andy Scott

I would personally give him until Christimas. Unfortunately every manager goes through a bad spell. Yes it is horrible for us the fans but I believe it will get better. We are relying too heavily on certain players but the two cup runs we are on aren't to be underestimated.

Don't think any Chairman/owner would give a manager another 14 games with only 6 points under his belt after 9 games.Would like to think the board are already setting a cut off point as to when enough is enough.
 

Andy Scott

I think that is a natural reaction, ie, the longer this run goes on there will be more of us asking for him to go. Not sure if it stands at 90% .

get the Mods to allow the 197 voters like me who voted to give him more time to recast our votes and we will see exactly what the position is now!

Two choices AS should he STAY or should he GO?
 

Andy Scott

the next manager needs to be someone unconnected to us
we need someone to rid us off this in built culture of hoof ball and huff n puff crap
i want to see football

was about to say the same thing about being unconnected, ex player and the heart thing where we have supported him there has tied us to him a bit!

also Brentford till i die is right!!! i cant believe were not concentrating on scoring goals to especially as Scott was a striker albeit a poor one!
 

Andy Scott

Don't think any Chairman/owner would give a manager another 14 games with only 6 points under his belt after 9 games.Would like to think the board are already setting a cut off point as to when enough is enough.

The bean counters will be watching the turnstile income on Saturday, trust me!

Greg likes nothing better than a forecourt protest after a home game and the chance to come out onto the steps and reassure the faithful that the board are acting in the best interests of the club.

Let the hacks know what to expect cos the more cameras the longer the speech.
 

Andy Scott

His massive Ego.

cant be any bigger than Scott's or Allen's can it?

The humble managers we have had have all failed, Fitz, Leroy, Butcher so why not carry on the trend of having an arrogant ****** that achieves something then when he takes his foot off the pedal we can get shot and blame his arrogance. Win/Win I call that mate.rofl
 

Andy Scott

I would personally give him until Christimas. Unfortunately every manager goes through a bad spell. Yes it is horrible for us the fans but I believe it will get better. We are relying too heavily on certain players but the two cup runs we are on aren't to be underestimated.

I dont think it is a bad spell!
We have a manager using sh*t tactics
 

Andy Scott

People keep quoting that we finished 9th last year but the fact is we spent a lot of the season hovering just above the relegation zone & played some dire crap at times eg wycome, exeter, gateshead away

Yeovil & Brighton away you can add to that!
 

Andy Scott

get the Mods to allow the 197 voters like me who voted to give him more time to recast our votes and we will see exactly what the position is now!

Two choices AS should he STAY or should he GO?

Think this poll thing has gone past its sell by date.alright as a knock about on here but there are some big issues to be addressed by the board and this poll what ever the results will have zero impact on their decision.Stay away fans the ultimate poll.
 

Andy Scott

Well take it though l think you will be wasting your money.We won't go down not while Matthew Benhams at the club.

It bothers me a bit the amount of people who say we wont go down,or we're too good to go down.

There is no divine right to stay in this division even if your name is Brentford.

24th in the league , 4 goals in 9 games and playing cluless hoofball tells me that is exactly what is going to happen unless changes are made and quickly.
 

Andy Scott

Tired today.
I was rehearsing last night so avoided the result until I got home at midnight. Kidding myself all night that when I got home we would have nicked it, played our part in an entertaining draw, even maybe scored a goal.
I didn't sleep at all well after I saw the result.
This feels worse than Leroy at the equivalent stage of that season to me. The squad we had then were so poor I could see it coming.
I was very optimistic this year of at least seeing some decent football with the players we have.
I do hope Scott can turn it around though. I'd expect to see us out of the bottom 4 and performing as a team by the end of October as a minimum though if he doesn't want to be unemployed.
Maybe if we dropped the anti football we play it would help. We've shown flashes of being a good side when we actually try passing it araound a bit. We might as well lose 4-2 as 1-0. At least it would give the forwards some confidence.
Anyway. I'm rambling.
Turn it around by the end of October or on your bike is my feeling now.
 

Andy Scott

Tired today.
I was rehearsing last night so avoided the result until I got home at midnight. Kidding myself all night that when I got home we would have nicked it, played our part in an entertaining draw, even maybe scored a goal.
I didn't sleep at all well after I saw the result.
This feels worse than Leroy at the equivalent stage of that season to me. The squad we had then were so poor I could see it coming.
I was very optimistic this year of at least seeing some decent football with the players we have.
I do hope Scott can turn it around though. I'd expect to see us out of the bottom 4 and performing as a team by the end of October as a minimum though if he doesn't want to be unemployed.
Maybe if we dropped the anti football we play it would help. We've shown flashes of being a good side when we actually try passing it araound a bit. We might as well lose 4-2 as 1-0. At least it would give the forwards some confidence.
Anyway. I'm rambling.
Turn it around by the end of October or on your bike is my feeling now.

Well said Sir.
 

Andy Scott

It bothers me a bit the amount of people who say we wont go down,or we're too good to go down.

There is no divine right to stay in this division even if your name is Brentford.

24th in the league , 4 goals in 9 games and playing cluless hoofball tells me that is exactly what is going to happen unless changes are made and quickly.

You are right no devine right but in the past we didn't have the resources to turn things around,we do now with MB who i am sure is well aware of the sh*te we are in.
 

Andy Scott

This goal scoring problem IS serious,Charlie cant do it all by himself (and is now out for a couple of weeks), NF isnt getting the chance,Simmo is still injured,Weston is too erratic,cort is too old as is Alexander.
Aloan striker is NEEDED....NOW !

PRESTON SCORED MORE IN ONE NIGHT THAN WE HAVE ALL SEASON !
 

Andy Scott

This goal scoring problem IS serious,Charlie cant do it all by himself (and is now out for a couple of weeks), NF isnt getting the chance,Simmo is still injured,Weston is too erratic,cort is too old as is Alexander.
Aloan striker is NEEDED....NOW !

PRESTON SCORED MORE IN ONE NIGHT THAN WE HAVE ALL SEASON !

Wycombes left back Andy Sandell has scored the same amount of goals as us
 

Andy Scott

Andy Scott

Failurelol

It was a play on words Kingston and I should have put it in inverted comma's.

They won the Johnson paint for their first trophy in 34 years and they finished two places above us just missing out on the play offs by 7 points despite having a ten point deduction.
They scored 20 goals more than us and finished with 11 points more plus the deduction so that is a 21 point difference. That is seven victories Kingston!

Come on credit where credit is due I say!
 

Andy Scott

This goal scoring problem IS serious,Charlie cant do it all by himself (and is now out for a couple of weeks), NF isnt getting the chance,Simmo is still injured,Weston is too erratic,cort is too old as is Alexander.
Aloan striker is NEEDED....NOW !

PRESTON SCORED MORE IN ONE NIGHT THAN WE HAVE ALL SEASON !

You could put Tevez upfront and he'd struggle if the others around him aren't creating the chances, it's not like our strikers are missing loads of sitters.
 

Andy Scott

Oh FFS :banghead:

How is this any different from any other Saturday????

Change the Poll banana and give 197 "moretimers" the chance to recast their vote before Saturday and then you and your BU chums could have a real debate as to what the fans are saying and most importantly want!

BU three Directors could then take that into the boardroom on Saturday, quaff some cheap plonk and a cucumber sandwich and tell Greg and his pals what everybody already knows, AS does not have the dressing room and he sure as hell has not got the fans any longer!

It is time for a change and you know it!
 

Andy Scott

Paul Buckle has got to be in the running doing well at Torquay at the moment and is an ex Bee :sorted:. If not Chris Wilder from Oxford.

Torquay have lost 3 on the trot haven't they? including 2 in a row at home.
 

Andy Scott

it's not like our strikers are missing loads of sitters.

They did against Bristol Rovers and Hartlepool and so would we be having such a strong debate with another 4 points in the table. :fishing:
We have a problem which needs addressing and urgently. we have a big squad, which in paper looks good enough to be in a much better position after 9 league games, There have been glimpses of their ability within some games (mainly cup ones) and the set up and game play were the same as the others we were crap in. So getting the glimpses more consistently is the key. Opposition managers will easily identify that we try and get the ball to Weston as often as possible and can close that space down, along with teh right side too when played wide. They simply fill the midfield area and generally let little or no room to get ball out wide. So anothe game plan is required and our big squad has akey missing if needing to change thae game centrally. If we could get Simpson back fit then I think he could fill a void playing just behind Alexander or Cort and making later runs from a more central very attacking midfield position within a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 line up. Until then Dave possibly could play it with O'Connor & Bean or even Wood behind him. It seems to me that if Weston is stopped or plays poorly then the side generally are poor.
 

Andy Scott

They did against Bristol Rovers and Hartlepool and so would we be having such a strong debate with another 4 points in the table. :fishing:

We didn't create loads of chances against Hartlepool, that is one of Scott's myths. Hartlepool leak goals and lost 4-0 again at home last night, we didn't create 4 chances unless you count that free kick at the end.
The only league games that we created chances in were Swindon, Rovers and Wednesday. A whopping 2 goals in those games.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom