I wouldn't be comfortable with Sinton or Holdsworth. Deano is obviously a good prospect but has only managed in the conference for a couple of months. Sinton never took Fleet out of Rhyman One despite several cracks at the play-offs. I'm not sure that qualifies him to manage in League One.
I think it would be ridiculous to get rid of Scott though. Posters can fudge the stats anyway they want. I can't be bothered to look them all up but on one end of the spectrum, Nick Logan will say we've only lost one in eight and conceded two goals in six games. Northampton Bee will point out that we've only won eight out of 30 (or something like that), while I think it was Hanworth that said Charlie has only scored two in 16. The most worrying stat for me is four goals in eight games and that happens to be the one that AS has acknowledged.
If there was no sign that things could improve, then I would say 'yes, let's get Scott out'. But during the periods people are talking about we hammered Huddersfield 3-0, matched Millwall at their place, hammered Sheffield Wednesday and had one of the best night's in the club's history last week. Yes, AS has much greater resources than the likes of Leroy, Fitz, Butcher etc. but the difference is he shows us signs that we can do something - the other three didn't.
Yes, he has made mistakes. I think Lee should've kept his place, I dopn't think Forster is being used effectively, I can't see any reasoning in dropping Saunders off the bench for Hudson on Friday. Yes, the football is awful at times but at times - Swindon, Sheff Wed - we have played some great stuff. AS is young and inexperienced, he will make mistakes but just think about the difference when he took over from Butcher - the team and the belief was transformed almost overnight; that wasn't down to luck. The following season we won the league and last year we came in the top 10 regardless of whether we "limped over the line" or not.
By my reckoning he is now our longest serving manager since the mid-90s, this is the first major problem he's encountered and it beggars belief that people are calling for his head.