Andy Scott

Should Andy Scott Stay or Go?

  • Yes he should go

    Votes: 136 24.8%
  • No he should definitely stay

    Votes: 167 30.5%
  • Too Early to decide - Needs time to fix it

    Votes: 245 44.7%

  • Total voters
    548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Scott

That maybe so but thats not the case at the moment which is what you are saying.

So when Andy is telling reporters that his job is on the line, where do you think that is coming from?

MB will be looking at one of two options:-
Can Andy motivate, inspire and manage these players out of this awful start into a push for the play offs? or
Could I bring someone else in that has a better chance of delivering a 55% win ratio from our remaining games?
 

Andy Scott

So when Andy is telling reporters that his job is on the line, where do you think that is coming from?

sorry Nick but I have to agree with ROB here, it's AS who's making this noise but no one else?
 

Andy Scott

stop it you two ! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If results dont improve AS will go.You both agree so shuddupp!
 

Andy Scott

So when Andy is telling reporters that his job is on the line, where do you think that is coming from?

MB will be looking at one of two options:-
Can Andy motivate, inspire and manage these players out of this awful start into a push for the play offs? or
Could I bring someone else in that has a better chance of delivering a 55% win ratio from our remaining games?

He is saying that because all managers know thats the risk when they are not winning games.

The rest of it is just your opinion. Unless you are telling us you know for a fact what he is thinking.

Anyway off to Brighton now. tatty bye
 
Last edited:

Andy Scott

Saying that the majority of people on here think AS should stay or at least needs more time is based on the fact of the result.

Saying '22% of us are forward thinking' is an opinion, and puts a completely subjective slant on the poll. It isn't a slant anymore than me saying (eg.) '22% are backwards thinking and haven't cottoned on like the rest of us.'

You are adding an emotionally based slant, to a factually based result, which cannot legitimately be spun any other way. Without taking any sort of subjectively biased view we can say for certain that - according to the poll, people on the gpg want AS to stay a while longer.

I think you might be taking this a bit too seriously.
Now, let me see:
:rolleyes::nono::thetruth::moo::jester::sneakoff:
And my favourite:
:banana::banana::banana:
 

Andy Scott

He is saying that because all managers know thats the risk when they are not winning games.

The rest of it is just your opinion. Unless you are telling us you know for a fact what he is thinking.
Anyway off to Brighton now. tatty bye

No dont know for a fact, he is probably more concerned with the spread betting on how many snakes will be found in Team Wales athletes village in Delhi!

My inside information is two adders and 31 cobras is currently exchanging for 33 rupees to one but as they are going out for a curry tonight en masse in Delhi Central then I am going for a much higher number of Cobra's!

:wave:
 

Andy Scott

My brother in law is also a Ranger (season ticket holder) and he says exactly the same and did not rate Sousa at all
Sadly enough,after their joke succession of managers, Warnock is now being hailed as the new Messiah.

I'd be hailing AS as the new Messiah if we had their current league record.
 

Andy Scott

Sooner rather than later though. In saying that you may feel differently around 9.30 tonight.

Does the same apply to you? Probably not, you have already made up your mind.
 

Andy Scott

Read the thread Smiffy!!

So far these have been mentioned
Buckle, Pardew, Holdsworth, Coppell, Jewell, Ince, Dodgin, Lewington,

Plus
Staunton, Tillson, Ternant, Allen, Blackwell, Sanchez. (all given the big :nono::nono:)

My preference would be to entice Lewington away from Fulham now that Hughes has pushed him back to number three.
Pardew would be the most obvious choice.
Coppell would come here but its a small risk.

If you were tempted to throw a name into the frame other than AS who would you plumpt for.....:fishing:....?

I am confident Andy will get us upto a decent position in a few weeks.
All of those names are likely to want their own team, which means, the current squad - 90% of which are on 2 year deals minimum, would have to be off loaded....
Those who want a quick change after a poor month, should be prepared for the horrors of a new regime - the grass is not always greener..
 

Andy Scott

Interesting and amusing that one of the managers mentioned as a possible replacement, Bill Dodgin, is actually unavailable owing to his being dead.

Not sure if this was an error or meant as an insult to AS!

Hoping for 3 points tonight to help take the pressure off.
 

Andy Scott

Interesting and amusing that one of the managers mentioned as a possible replacement, Bill Dodgin, is actually unavailable owing to his being dead.

Not sure if this was an error or meant as an insult to AS!

Hoping for 3 points tonight to help take the pressure off.

That's made my decision easier, I couldn't pick between Steve Coppell and Bill Dodgin :)
 

Andy Scott

ROB, you do talk a lot of b***ocks. Really you do. It doesn't become reality because you type it. Haven't you got a pub to run?
 

Andy Scott

If we go t*ts up over the next 3 games, Curbishley. Not so far fetched. He can't break back into the bigtime and we could well be an attractive relaunch for him. Every star needs a stage.
 

Andy Scott

Let's hope we get a top result tonight and all this becomes academic.
 

Andy Scott

ROB, you do talk a lot of b***ocks. Really you do. It doesn't become reality because you type it. Haven't you got a pub to run?

No I haven't actually, still looking.

Which bit that I typed do i actually believe or which bit in particular is bollox?
And why out of 800 odd posts have you picked out mine??:fishing:roflrofl

Surely you can not believe Banana that MB is happy with our lot so far this season and that he is not quietly looking at alternatives or getting one of his minions to sound out the odd opinion on what options there are available?

Benham would be better placed than any Chairman in the country to determine the odds on us securing the 70 points from 114 remaining to achieve the season's objective of a squad that is pushing for the play-offs.
Now I do a bit of gambling myself and the odds are better when its 70 from 114 than it is 70 from 112 or worse still 111. Equally I know that the odds at 67 from 111 are probably slightly better than 70 from 114 so a win tonight and AS stays. A draw tonight and depending on who MB could bring in at this time before Sat, particularly if it would add something to the fixture then maybe a swift change. Equallyhe might view a draw against league leaders as favourable and give another chance to AS if reports of performance are favourable. A loss tonight and the poll on this thread will swing massively tomorrow morning and you know as well as I do that once you have lost the fans your on borrowed time.

I hope we win tonight really I do, and on Saturday, and against Oldham, Tranmere and Peterborough but the odds on four wins will be sky high and it would be a stupid bet for someone like me let alone someone with MB knowledge of gambling.
 

Andy Scott

read the sentence before the quote.
:

Yeah done that .....and? Still :confused:

As for the rest, ever thought of becoming a screenplay writer? No, well don't!
 

Andy Scott

No I haven't actually, still looking.

Which bit that I typed do i actually believe or which bit in particular is bollox?
And why out of 800 odd posts have you picked out mine??:fishing:roflrofl

Surely you can not believe Banana that MB is happy with our lot so far this season and that he is not quietly looking at alternatives or getting one of his minions to sound out the odd opinion on what options there are available?
Benham would be better placed than any Chairman in the country to determine the odds on us securing the 70 points from 114 remaining to achieve the season's objective of a squad that is pushing for the play-offs.
Now I do a bit of gambling myself and the odds are better when its 70 from 114 than it is 70 from 112 or worse still 111. Equally I know that the odds at 67 from 111 are probably slightly better than 70 from 114 so a win tonight and AS stays. A draw tonight and depending on who MB could bring in at this time before Sat, particularly if it would add something to the fixture then maybe a swift change. Equallyhe might view a draw against league leaders as favourable and give another chance to AS if reports of performance are favourable. A loss tonight and the poll on this thread will swing massively tomorrow morning and you know as well as I do that once you have lost the fans your on borrowed time.
I hope we win tonight really I do, and on Saturday, and against Oldham, Tranmere and Peterborough but the odds on four wins will be sky high and it would be a stupid bet for someone like me let alone someone with MB knowledge of gambling.

I've colour-coded this for you

Not b***ocks
Probably b***ocks
Total b***ocks
 

Andy Scott

I've colour-coded this for you

Not b***ocks
Probably b***ocks
Total b***ocks


May I suggest my favourite fruit (I bet your going tonight?) that the two bits you left uncoloured tell a story far from the one that you have painted and one that just makes me :D
 

Andy Scott

Andy Scott

Yeah done that .....and? Still :confused:

As for the rest, ever thought of becoming a screenplay writer? No, well don't!

You cant of read it Islandbee

it said "In L2 AS showed that he clearly has something."

That is a compliment. Do you know what one of those is?:fishing:
 

Andy Scott

lol
.......and you thought that I was a pain in the @rselol

lol Too ***ing right!

The earleir stuff about MB not giving two hoots about our victory over Everton in the cup is Total b***ocks too. I sat behind MB and he was as estatic as anyone else about the victory. Let also the atmosphere and that GP was "rocking" as he later stated. I don't purport to know what MB is thinking, but nothing that I have spoken with him about suggests his thinking is anywhere near the bullshit that ROB is peddling as the truth. His posts should be given a very wide berth if you think you're getting the "inside track" of the thinkings of MB and/or the respective boards. If you want a good laugh however....
 

Andy Scott

lol Too ***ing right!

The earleir stuff about MB not giving two hoots about our victory over Everton in the cup is Total b***ocks too. I sat behind MB and he was as estatic as anyone else about the victory. Let also the atmosphere and that GP was "rocking" as he later stated. I don't purport to know what MB is thinking, but nothing that I have spoken with him about suggests his thinking is anywhere near the bullshit that ROB is peddling as the truth. His posts should be given a very wide berth if you think you're getting the "inside track" of the thinkings of MB and/or the respective boards. If you want a good laugh however....

Nobody is suggesting I know what he is thinking or peddling the truth as you put it, get a fecking grip!. I am guessing. I am stating what I would do if I was a millionaire who pumped money into the club with expectation of a squad pushing for the playoffs if I found myself in this position.

The hypothetical conversation was humour but as I have never seen you smile I am not certain you know what that is.

This is your vehicle and I am guessing you set it up wanting people to contribute with opinions, even if they are different to your own, with humour and for protagonists like me to ensue lively debate among fans of the same fecking club. It is why you have had so many posts you *r**! For an intelligent man you really do spout some she ite about me and what I am about. Pull your head out of your oversize arse and grow up!
If you wanted anything less you should have wrote Animal Farm!

Still, all people are equal and all that.............
 

Andy Scott

lol Too ***ing right!

The earleir stuff about MB not giving two hoots about our victory over Everton in the cup is Total b***ocks too. I sat behind MB and he was as estatic as anyone else about the victory. Let also the atmosphere and that GP was "rocking" as he later stated. I don't purport to know what MB is thinking, but nothing that I have spoken with him about suggests his thinking is anywhere near the bullshit that ROB is peddling as the truth. His posts should be given a very wide berth if you think you're getting the "inside track" of the thinkings of MB and/or the respective boards. If you want a good laugh however....

Where did I say that? ffs it said "I wont be distracted by the Cup, Andy!"

It was a hyperthetical conversation of how a humourist might have imagined things to have gone over the last few months
 

Andy Scott

Can we move away from the war of words that now has built up and instead concentrate on the importance of constructive criticism as to the way ahead.
 

Andy Scott

Having read Royaloakbees comments on various threads it is clear that here is the man that can read a football game, has fantastic manmanagement skills and is a tactical genius, Brentfords loss is the vitulars association dream!!

Please mathew before we lose this opportunity get him in to take over and lets see us storm the league!!

littlebitsarcasticsmiley
 

Andy Scott

Constructive criticism? I don't subscribe to the idea that because AS won promotion and then followed it up with a top ten finish he should be in some way immune from criticism or from being shown the door. Our league form has been poor so far this season despite the largest squad we've had in years. If I was MB I would be less-than-delighted at seeing my money pissed away like this and would be expecting things to turn around fairly quickly. I think AS should revert to the 4-5-1 which turned it around last season and dig in for the next few games. The quality of the football doesn't concern me, I've seen some absolute dogshite from Brentford sides in the past and it's results which concern me now. I'm not an insider at GP so have no idea what the players think and I'm not particularly arsed provided they play for the shirt. I haven't voted on this thread yet, I think I'll wait a while yet.
 

Andy Scott

Haven't been on this thread for a while. God, is it still going? "Going round in circles" springs to mind.
 

Andy Scott

tough decisions for the club, stay with it and hope we start picking up points but then that can be too late and we'll be in the mire, or give it 2 more games? No matter what AS has done in the past, it is now that matters, on paper our squad is more than good enough to push on in this division, but it all leads to the leadership of the team, AS and TB, the next two weeks could be a good time and we pick up the points needed or we can start seeing a gap of 3, 4, 5 points adrift. Who knows. I don't want this club to go back to LEague 2.
 

Andy Scott

Just wait, another 800 plus posts by this time tomorrow!!!
 

Andy Scott

Haven't been on this thread for a while. God, is it still going? "Going round in circles" springs to mind.

New Poll Please its time to change my vote.

:wave::wave: Andy thank you for bringing us back up and all that you have done to improvE the clubs fortunes but alas its time to go mate.
You have clearly lost the dressing room, you are about to lose the fans,
Dont lose the plot and try to keep hold of your dignity and turn off the lights on your way out and leave your keys on the table.
Keep the car for a month as a gesture of goodwill.

70 from 111 still leaves it possible but it is going to need a new man to breathe life into this season.
 

Andy Scott

Do the decent thing please andy thanx for promotion but its time to move aside
 

Andy Scott

800 !! We are bottom and can't score for sh*t, how much longer can this pisstake carry on for ?
 

Andy Scott

Just wait, another 800 plus posts by this time tomorrow!!!

It is all well and good saying this as though it's going to be hysterical, kneejerk reaction by people on here, but this has been a hugely underwhelming start to the season, and it sounds as though we offered little again tonight, particularly after they scored. OK, they are top and have made a good start to the campaign, but I didn't see us as too disimilar a proposition to Brighton at the beginning of the season and yet we are bottom and they sit top of the league.

I can't comment too much as I didn't go to either Orient or Brighton thanks to the dreaded man flu, but neither game offered too much encouragment by the sounds of it and it seems AS could well have taken us as far as possible. I think people have got a right to be a little irked after the poor start to the league we've had this season. One win in nine and four goals in nine games....whatever the budget, that is pretty average stuff.
 

Andy Scott

Can we all please spare a thought for the Mod on duty tonight - In for a busy evening deleting posts.
 

Andy Scott

Well 4 in 9 now, let's just give him to Christmas & see if we can break into double figs. for goals for:cutthecrap:!! Surely everyone can see that he needs to go before this decends into a campaign to rival our last departure from league 1?
SCOTT OUT NOW ffs. :cutthecrap:
 

Andy Scott

I think the fact that not even the cup run has bought Andy Scott much sympathy sums up how disastrous the start of this season has been. No doubt this joke will be allowed to run until late November/early December, by which time the tone for our season will have been well and truly set.

I bet Matthew Benham is loving this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom